InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Prophecy and a Past Part 3 ( Chapter 24 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sorry the last chapter was so short. I was planning on making it longer to include Hayek's birth, but honest to god I started crying as I was writing Gabriel's death scene. So I had to stop and cool it for a while. Apparently I wasn't the only one affected and so I am glad I achieved in writing well you know what I mean....Anyway on to the next part right?

Inuyasha 19912...-You were stronger than me. I was crying and I wrote it. Go figure huh but to answer your question Kikyo did not, in the third episode in which Sango appears it is explained about the origin of the jewel. You see the village that was next to Midoriko's home would eventually become Sango's home generations later. I will continue to explain in this chapter as Midoriko goes into the cave....

Sikame...- hopefully soon you have read the chapter before this for I can't think of it without bawling right now. But in the previous chapter what happened to Gabriel is explained. In this one Midoriko will be....

Mystic Hanyou...-Unfortunately yes...Why did Midoriko become so angry? Why did she walk into a cave with countless demons knowing it could mean her death? I wanted to include more in the last chapter...but I was an emotional wreck...sorry

tessie...-I know....to accidentally kill the man you love....it can create so much pain...and my tank...its fine....I needed it for bad cliffy the other day. Heh....

InuyashaGirlie...- I was kind of wondering what happened to you. Well as to the chapters...what can I say you gave me an idea and it kind of took hold? Little shrugs....You and Dragon Man 180 have both seriously contributed to making this longer. And by the time you read this should be 24 or 25 done...heh...I'm on a roll and also pleasant dreams......

I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters in this story.

A Prophecy and a Past Part 3

Midoriko smiled gently as she returns home from one of her trips to the grave of her husband. The sight of the six year old boy running towards her fills her heart with so much joy, she can't help but smile. Akira who has been looking after her son as she helps others out nods his head gently.

Ever since Gabriel's death, Akira has looked after her son as she goes about and despite his age of near sixty, he has become a friend and valued second father to the little boy. Nodding her head, his way, he smiles gently and returns inside the small home, that he opened to the miko and her son.

"Gabriel...do you see him? Do you see Hayek, our son?" Watching him as he runs to her, she bends down and wraps her arms around the little boy with the gold hair and green eyes.

"Mommy I missed you!"

Looking so much like his father, she can't help but miss him even more with all her heart. The child she bore looks so much like him....

"Mommy, look what I drew today!"

"I see Hayek I see!" She smiles as she picks him up and pretends that she can't.

"Oh my goodness you are getting so big!"

"You think so?" The little boy cries excitedly.

"Yes I think so!" Midoriko smiles as she bends down and looks him in the eyes. He then smiles and places a sloppy kiss on her cheek which she can't help but adore.

"I love you Mommy."

"I love you to little bear..." Midoriko replies and picking him up she takes a look at the picture, that is crudely drawn with a child's hand, but she can't help but wonder at it. In the picture, he drew what seem to be her and him and old Akira, but there is a fourth figure in the picture.

One that is familiar as her son had drawn it with gold hair and dark eyes.

"Hayek, who is this you drew?"

"That's Daddy, Mommy." The six year old looks at her exasperated. His green eyes are pulsing softly with a light similar to her own and she gasps. "Hayek, how do you know that's your father?"

"Because, he told me Mommy." The young boy replies as he looks at her squarely in the eye. "In fact he's here right now. Can't you...huh Daddy?"

Midoriko looks baffled as Hayek stares off to right beside her for a moment and then turns back to her with a sad little gaze.

"Daddy says you can not see him right now."

"What do you mean little bear?"

Hayek starts squirming a little bit, the conversation forgotten as he runs into the home and starts chattering the ears off old Akira, who indulges him with a smile. Midoriko enters and gazes with so many questions reflected in her eyes, at the elderly man.

Akira simply shrugs his shoulders and looks at the miko with an equally confused look. "I do not know"

Watching as Akira starts to cook some dinner for himself, her and Hayek, Midoriko is still baffled over the news and vows that later tonight while Hayek is asleep she will, ask the questions that are appearing in her mind.

Smiling as her son, starts to quiz her on what happened while she was away, she answers hiss questions as best she can. Akira looks at them quietly and a small grin starts to shape up on his face.

He remembers ever since he came and found Midoriko covered in some kind of ash, he began to put two and two together, when Gabriel wasn't answering his calls. Midoriko was in so much grief, that over the next couple of months he had to literally force her to eat something so that she could retain her strength for not only herself, but for Hayek.

It has been a little over six years since that day, and Midoriko still grieves for him, but she lives on through her son. Placing some rice and some fish with vegetables on the table, the trio begins to eat and enjoy their quiet dinner with soft smiles and warm hearts all around.

Later that night....

Midoriko was sleeping in her bed, when a frightful dream began to form in her mind.. Words are spread across like a living flame and they sear upon her soul. Pictures of the future begin to unfold before her very eyes and she can't help but tremble in fear.

A silver-haired hanyou...two women...no one woman.....time passing a jewel is being fought over. What appears to be Hayek older...running pulling someone behind him.....he seems to glow with a gold light, that is somehow fringed with a pink aura. Theother comes into view, she is young as she runs with her son...her dark hair and the streak of silver....her power she can sense is like hers.....

Running from something, she watches as they go bye only to come face to face with a nightmare come to life. Dark hair and red eyes...they swirl with a malevolent rage like she has never felt before. She tries to use her power...but she cannot and is it reaches for her...she begins to scream.....

Screaming as she awakens, she finds Akira above her and shaking her body.

"Midoriko!"

"Akira...it's you...." She then looks startled as he seems to be dressed and wearing armor. He is clutching the sword that she gave him to protect not only himself but her son should anymore demons attack. It is the same sword, that she once gave to Gabriel, and infused with her powers.

"Midoriko you have to go and go now!"

"What...huh?"

"Hayek's gone!"

"HOW?!"

"I don't know Midoriko, but we have to go now!"

"Yes..."

Running outside to wait for her, she watches as Akira looks around, his face filled with worry for the little boy. Hurriedly dressing in her priestess robes and armor, she grabs her arrows and her own sword and rushes out after him. Screaming her son's name loud, she hears nothing in response.

Worried as she is she can't concentrate, and Akira bends down to see what he can track. Looking at her frightened face, he simply says to words to her.

"This way..."

Nodding her head and following his lead. They eventually leave the village, where she had moved to after Gabriel's death. She couldn't handle it anymore as the home they had lovingly shared, held way to many memories for her to count. Akira's offer for her and her baby to stay with him was like a godsend. Following as he tracks Hayek's movements, she freezes in fear as her senses go into overdrive.

"Midoriko?" Akira asks wondering why she stopped. He sees her eyes and how the fear inside them has grown so much in such a short time. That's when he begins to hear the voices that are calling to them...specifically her.

"Come...we have your son...come..."

"Midoriko...don't you know it's a trap...." Akira says quietly.

*How can I let you just walk away.*

*Just let you leave without a trace*

A spirit watches and begs silently, with his wife to listen to the old man. Approaching her and trying to talk with her, the dark eyes and gold hair shining with its angelic light.

*When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh*

*You're the only one who really knew me at all *

"I must Akira...they have my son...." Midoriko cries silently. Her heart breaking as her senses have gone into overdrive. The odds are clearly not in her favor as deep down, she knows that she goes to her doom.

She starts to walk towards this cave that has an unholy light and she sees her son struggling within its entrance. His gold hair in disarray and tears falling from his green eye....

"Akira...once he is freed...take him and run"

*How can you just walk away from me*

*When all I can do is watch you leave*

Akira watches as the woman he has come to love as his own daughter steps through and once again he tries to stop her. "Midoriko don't"

"Akira I must." She looks at him the tears flowing from her dark eyes as she watches those demons pulling her son further into the cave, to bring her closer. He sees all the grief and pain she is suffering and nods his head...letting her go and approach the cave.

"I promise I will tell him what happened...all the good and all the bad...."

"Thank you"

*Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain, and even shared the tears*

*You're the only one who really knew me at all*

"I'm here. Let him go!"

"Come closer miko..."

"No not until you let him go...me for him"

Hayek watches as somehow in his six year old mind, he knows this will be the last time he will see his mother alive. Struggling against his captors, his mother smiles softly and whispers to him.

"Be brave my little bear"

*So take a look at me now, 'cause there's just an empty space*

*And there's nothing left here to remind me, just the memory of your face*

*Take a look at me now, 'cause there's just an empty space*

*And you coming back to me is against all odds*

*And that's what I've got to face*

"Mommy....?" Hayek starts to cry as she approaches. The binds coming lose, he manages to free himself and run to her.

Bending down as if to say goodbye as she steps into the cave, the demons begun to growl and hiss in excitement.

"No matter what my little bear, promise me you will run to Akira and never look back."

"But Mommy...you are coming home right....?"

Hayek stares as his mother lets tears fall down her cheeks with sadness. "I don't know Hayek...I don't know...but promise me no matter what happens you will run to Akira and never LOOK BACK!"

Nodding his head, Hayek runs as fast as his feet can carry him, towards the elderly man, who carries the sword that pulses with power. Midoriko watches with sadness as she says goodbye to her baby.

"Remember Hayek...I love you"

*I wish I could just make you turn around*

*Turn around and see me cry*

*There's so much I need to say to you, so many reasons why*

*You're the only one who really knew me at all*

Midoriko turns around and looks at the demons who growl with hatred for her very existence. There are so many....

"Let's finish it..."

Glowing with power she pulls one arrow from her back and infuses it with her power. Setting it loose down the center of the mass of evil she follows it as it purifies and expands. The demons screaming in anger and pain as it purifies and kills them. They die only to be replaced by hundreds more.....

Pulling out her sword, she starts to fight with the demons and mixes hand to hand and her powers as she struggles to keep them focused on her, long enough to give her son and old Akira a chance to get away.

*So take a look at me now, 'cause there's just an empty space*

*And there's nothing left here to remind me, just the memory of your face*

*Take a look at me now, 'cause there's just an empty space*

*And you coming back to me is against all odds*

*And that's what I've got to face*

Looking back as Midoriko fires her holy arrows deep into the mass of demons, Akira grabs onto Hayek's hand and both of them start to run as if their lives depended on it. Expecting to be followed, he turns and sees that some have escaped.

Grasping onto the sword with all his might as they circle around to cut him off, he slashes through them and Midoriko's power that she had infused into it flares, purifying them into oblivion. Resuming running he dares not look back as the growls grow fainter and still he continues to run with the crying little boy beside him.

*Take a good look at me now, 'cause I'll still be standing here*

*And you coming back to me is against all odds*

*That's the chance I've got to take, oh, oho*

Continuing to fight with all her strength, Midoriko battles, her holy light seemingly endless yet her will and concentration is not. She doesn't realize until it is too late as the demons inside begin to merge into one that her death is near.

Screaming with pain as they come from underneath her and trap her in their jaws, she continues to fight.

"We have her...."

"Yess...after we kill her...we kill her son......"

Hearing these words, Midoriko screams as she searches deep within her soul, for any and all of the last vestiges of power inside her body. She begins to become a living holy arrow herself as she starts to purify the souls of all the demons in the cave. Struggling as they fight against her, she takes them into her body and she feels the agony as the dream she had comes back to her...watching as the cave fills with a brilliant pink light...something bursts from her body...her last thoughts as it takes the shape of a jewel which draws all the demon's souls as well as her own is....

"The jewel...the jewel they were fighting over in my dream.....it was my soul....."

She dies then and slowly as the light fills the cave....she and those demons are turned into stone statues.

*Just take a look at me now....* (Against all odds...Phil Collins)

The feudal era....

Inuyasha looks at Hayek silently as tears run down the young man's face at the pain of all the memories inside. He then does something that amazes Shippo and Miroku.....wrapping his arms around Hayek, Inuyasha gives the demon a chance to do something he hasn't done for a long time....to cry and to grieve....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That's the end of Hayek's story for now. I am currently and seriously crying my eyes out. I promise that even if it kills me happy chapter next! I need Happy Chapter.....Anyway don't forget one and all to review!