InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Search for Gabriel's sword ( Chapter 25 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's me again! I promise happy chapter this time. Even if it kills me I will deliver a happy chapter! growls a bit.....Anyway lets get to the reviews shall we.

kokoro no miko...- Yep mother and son, if you think about what would have caused Midoriko to go into a cave filled with countless demons. My brother pointed that out once, I mean look at Inuyasha. Unless they had someone he cared about he didn't dare go into a fight where he knew he could lose. Kagome and the others are the same way in the show. I believe Midoriko felt the same....

Mystic Hanyou...- Girl believe me I know the feeling, but this was my theory of what happened to Midoriko, like I stated above. What would have caused her to go into a cave filled with countless demons? I think she went in because they had someone she loved very much.....

Inuyasha 19912...- its okay and enjoy school. This is simply the same story Sango speaks about in the anime, but with a few obvious changes. But essentially that is how Midoriko died and the Shikon Jewel was born....

Well anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters involved in this story......

Asearch for Gabriel's sword...

Hayek is startled as Inuyasha wraps his arms around him and for the first time in so long he is allowed to grieve for the family he lost and never knew. This hanyou despite the fact Hayek is considerably older than him has become a father figure to him. Accepted as part of the family, albeit reluctantly at first, Inuyasha had given him a home and friends he could count on.

"Better?" Inuyasha asks in his usual gruff tone and Hayek can't help but smile gratefully.

"Yes...and Inuyasha?"

"What?!"

"Thanks..."

"FEH!"

Hayek and the others smile and then finish going about setting up camp, leaving him and Kikyo alone. Looking at her, he sees her gentle smile and the soft fall of tears flowing down her cheeks.

"I never knew...."

"Kikyo?" Hayek looks at her confused. She shakes her head and smiles.

"Your past Hayek, it is like Daddy's." Kikyo replies.

"How?"

"Momma, told me how Daddy is the youngest son of the previous Lord of the West, mine and Calto's grandfather Inutaisho. How after his first wife died, grandfather had married a human Princess and miko named Jacana and loved her. Daddy was born not to long afterwards. But something happened...Daddy won't go into it, but according to what Momma could get out of him. Grandfather's enemies didn't like Grandmother very much and so he went to Totosai and had two swords forged. Both designed to protect his family..... Tenseiga for Uncle Sesshomaru, to which you saw and felt its affects earlier."

"You mean?"

"Yes the sword Calto used is the Tenseiga, the sword of Life. And the Tetsaiga also known as the sword of Death which is the sword Daddy has, which has the ability to kill 100 demons in one swing. Both were created from Grandfather's fangs."

Pondering her words, Hayek thinks and then his eyes light up with an idea. Gesturing for Inuyasha to come forth and join them as well as Miroku, he looks to both men.

"I have an idea on what we could use to destroy Naraku."

"What?" Inuyasha asks rather roughly and as a result is once again whacked upside the head by Miroku.

"Don't be rude Inuyasha." The older monk replies and as Inuyasha fights the urge to clobber his best friend, Hayek and Kikyo try not to laugh at the expression on Inuyasha's features.

"What I think we could use Inuyasha is my father's sword..."

Inuyasha nods his head in agreement. "A sword infused with even an ounce of her power would come in handy."

"Do you remember where it is located?" Miroku asks.

"I think so. Hayek ponders, when Akira and I fled, he kept the sword with him for a long time. Just in case they should ever come after him or me again. When he realized that he no longer needed it as he lay dying, he hid the sword so that it wouldn't fall into the wrong hands."

"So if we head for where Akira is buried, there might be some clue to where he hid the sword that my mother blessed."

Looking to Inuyasha as if seeking approval, the silver haired hanyou nods his head and pats the demon on the shoulder. "Good thinking. Miroku and I will tell the others the change in plans. Meanwhile you stay here and see what else you can remember Hayek. Kikyo you keep him company...."

"Daddy?"

Inuyasha simply says nothing as he gets up and walks away. Miroku to is confused at first and then he realizes what Inuyasha had said to his daughter and bending down he whispers it in the young woman's ear.

Blushing furiously now as she looks at Hayek, Kikyo can't help but say thank you....

"Feh!"

Hayek, currently wondering what is going on, looks at Kikyo as she turns beet red from his attention.

"What did he say?"

"Nothing...he said nothing?" Kikyo decides to get up and start some dinner. Searching through the supplies, for ramen that her parents had gotten on their last visit to her grandmother in the future, she sets about making it.

Watching her nimble hands and quiet grace, Hayek can't help but smile softly.

"You've grown Kikyo..."

"It was bound to happen sooner or later Hayek, I can't remain a little girl forever...."

Hayek smiles as her practical nature makes itself known. He continues to observe as she putters about. He's surprised though when Shippo pops up right next to him, warily looking around for a certain young woman. But having a desire to tease his friend, he is willing to risk it.....

"So I hear you finally got Inuyasha's approval?"

"What? What do you mean I finally got his approval?"

"To court his daughter stupid what else do you think I meant!" Shippo replies and starts to laugh as Hayek turns bright red along with Kikyo. Deciding to get revenge on her adoptive elder brother, Kikyo is still flustered as Hayek gazes at her with a new light, calls for someone to join them.

"Oooh Rahnee!"

"You wouldn't do that to me!" Shippo cries out as the others come to see what all the commotion is.

"Try me Fox-boy!" Kikyo replies, her eyes narrowed slightly. Hayek meanwhile starts trying not to laugh at the situation as he watches the young woman call for her friend again.

"RAHNEE! SHIPPO'S HERE!"

"Really?" Rahnee comes running back swiftly with Tiasma and the other cats at her heels. Shippo meanwhile takes a look at Inuyasha who is about to go out on watch and says..."Ivolunteerfirstwatchbye!"

Shippo immediately takes off into the trees as Inuyasha has this look of confusion. "What the heck just happened?"

"Shippo just volunteered first watch..."

"OHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Rahnee pouts as she arrives at the camp and falls next to her best friend. The cats look exhausted as they basically had to corral her away from Shippo and collapse into one big fur pile next to both girls.

Inuyasha and Miroku gaze at one another and their two kids. They then just start busting out laughing as the twins and Calto look on in amusement. While they laugh at the situation of it all, Hayek gazes at Kikyo and finds gold eyes that shyly turn away with a hint of a blush to her cheeks....

"She likes me.....after all this time....she likes me...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Watching from a distance, his powers and scent being masked from the small group, a child gazes at them malevolently with red eyes. Having heard the story, he knows and now understands his purpose. Looking to his mother, whose soul is clamped deep inside her mind, he sets about creating another incarnation of himself, to follow and if necessary to destroy.

"They will not find that sword!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

See I said happy chapter! I hope you all enjoyed and please don't forget to review! Anyway next chapter Naraku sends another after the group as they search for the sword of Gabriel that may have the power to destroy him....