InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Mikane's Purification ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's time for another update! I have to work on making this story stay up to your standards don't I? Anyway let's get down to it shall we?

Dragon Man 180...- I said that the wolf twins are smarter, just not necessarily wiser. If Hayek hadn't looked up when he did, who knows what would have happened. Shippo, I think will be in denial for quite some time and as to their punishment...well Inuyasha could but honestly do you think they will let Miroku get away with punishing them, knowing that he once did it himself?

kokoro no miko...- Yep, amazing what a slip of the tongue can make you realize what you feel about someone huh...giggles. Yep Kikyo and Hayek, together, I believe the reborn priestess deserves the chance for happiness that she so desperately wanted. As to Mikane...well that is the feeling I wanted to convey....

colisto ice...- No she's not. I call her an enchantress demon...

Mystic Hanyou...- Hears the kaboom and eeps! Sighs in a little relief as everything still seems to be in one piece...except for the gaping hole across the roof, I'm still alive that's what counts. Well I try to continue them within a reasonable amount of time at least don't I?

Inuyasha 19912...-Well I am sorry about the pain you must be going through, but question how can you hurt your back doing archery? I mean I do it myself and I am pretty good but I never hurt my back usually my fingers...so how?

SuperJohn500...- Thank you

Mikane's purification...

"Now boys kill them....!" Mikane smiles softly as once again she begins her dance. With each step the men turn and start to growl as Kikyo and Rahnee tremble in fear.

"This isn't happening..." Kikyo exclaims as she manages to avoid a hit from her father, who swings the Tetsaiga at her.

"Well it is happening! What are we going to do?" Rahnee back flips to avoid the twins using her as target practice and finds herself in between Shippo and her father. Both of who are circling her, empty looks in their eyes as they start to swing their weapons. Pulling out her giant boomerang, Rahnee uses it not only as a shield, but as a launching pad to get her out of range.

Swinging it around her forcing the two men back, Rahnee looks scared as she gazes at Kikyo doing the same with her daggers to avoid being killed by her father and Hayek.

"We have to think of something Kikyo!"

"I know, but meanwhile let's just stay ALIVE!"

Agreeing with that sentiment, both girls continue to fight and are oblivious to the fact that the wolf twins are circling around and waiting for their chance to strike, but to Mikane's amazement, Tiasma and Mirada have grown to full size and roar with anger and worry for their friends. They notice that the twins are ready and that the stance they have taken is one of a predator. Looking at one another, they observe and wait for their chance to take out the twins before they hurt Kikyo and Rahnee.

Unaware that the fire cats are waiting for them, Kino and Sakado send messages to one another despite their hypnotized state and time their attacks perfectly to surprise the two girls battling the others. The leap into the battle only to jump to the side as Mirada and Tiasma roar their displeasure. Soon both wolves are battling the fire cats that will do anything to defend their family...

Meanwhile, Kilala is watching Calto and keeping an eye on him for he doesn't seem to be doing anything. Looking at the young demon carefully, she can sense the struggle within him as he seems to be fighting back the magic that this Mikane has cast upon the other males of the group.

Circling and waiting for the moment, should he turn against her and the girls, Kilala waits.

Watching as she moves, for with each step, another blade is drawn Mikane continues to dance and to sing, her song. The song is as beautiful and as gentle as the summer breeze. But it is deadly and can control the minds of those it infects with evil....

Twirling and kicking out, she sings with strength as the girls barely dodge another hint from those that they love. She is disappointed that the wolf twins are occupied with the fire cats, for surely if the were to help the others. Her Master's enemy would have long since been destroyed. But nevertheless it seems the others are keeping the young women on their toes for right now.

What Mikane doesn't realize though is that someone else, thanks to his mother's blood is breaking free of the hypnotic spell. Calto continues to struggle against the lull of Mikane's power as the others battle. Kilala watches and realizes that maybe the girls will have an ally after all as Calto's eyes that were dull from the hypnosis slowly regain their shine.

Finally with a loud scream of rage Calto, breaks free of the spell, causing Mikane to stop and look at him with surprise.

"So you resisted my dance."

"Apparently so...I think it is thanks to my mother..."

"How so...."

"I guess Naraku doesn't know then...Kagura and Sesshomaru had a son....me!" Calto growls and with Kilala at his side, he lunges for the enchantress demon who simply steps to the side as she continues to dance. Her dance alters now and Inuyasha leaves in his state from a battle with his daughter to battle with his nephew and the fire cat.

"Let's see, from what Master Naraku remembers, your father could never beat your uncle and vice versa. Shall we see if that is true with you?"

Pulling out Toukijin, Calto sighs and begins to battle with his uncle. Those amber eyes containing a blank stare he manages to evade a strike and as Inuyasha jumps and lunges he simply points the sword towards him and watches. As it pulses, Inuyasha is held almost in mid air and thrown back hard against the trees of the forest. Knocked out, Mikane growls as she is once again left defenseless.

Summoning all her strength now as her dance, becomes faster paced, Hayek moves in to battle with Kikyo alone as Calto runs towards the demoness once more. He stops though as he hears Rahnee's yelp of surprise as Shippo's claws make their mark inside her arm. Turning around he turns on the fox, and starts to fight sword to sword, as Rahnee, manages to knock her father out just like Inuyasha with a spin kick into a tree.

"Rahnee are you okay!"

"I'm fine; Shippo just nailed me in the arm..."

"Think you can take on Hayek, while I go after her?"

"I think so, but it will take some time and I will need help."

Kilala roars and pushes her head against Rahnee's body. Then looking as the daughter of her long time friend nods her head in agreement, the two set off to stall Hayek as Kikyo makes her way towards the demoness who dances her spell upon the men that she loves with all her heart.

Mikane realizing what is happening begins to dance to a different rhythm and soon the demoness has managed to manifest energy balls which fly at Kikyo who buts up a barrier, that her mother and Miroku taught her in time like these. Mikane can't help but watch as the balls fly off into the air and disperse. She repeats the move again but with a sway of her hips they continue to form and she directs it at Kikyo's father, who is still unconscious.

"If you attack me little girl...I will kill him."

Kikyo notices this and starts to bite her lip when she notices something out of the corner of her eye. Kilala continues to distract Hayek as Rahnee, despite the pain in her arm, circles around. With a singular look at her fellow fighter, Rahnee nods her head at the unspoken message and waits.

Readying her daggers that are infused with her miko powers, Kikyo looks and throws with all her strength for Mikane's heart. Mikane watches and as her death approaches, she releases the energy balls at the unconscious hanyou. Praying with all her might, that Rahnee is quick, Kikyo watches as she leaps and pull Inuyasha out of the way with not even a second to spare. Mikane screams in rage as the dagger finds itself deep in what should have been her heart and feels as the purification begins to turn her body into a gray ash.

As she disappears the guys start to break free of her spell, and begin to look around in confusion. A startled pair of yelps are heard as Kino and Sakado look deep into the feline eyes of Mirada and Tiasma with something akin to fear as their claws are in places, that as men they wish to keep.

"Could you"

"Get off of us?"

The cats sniff the wolf twins carefully and finding themselves satisfied that the twins are back to normal. They shrink to kitten form for which the wolves after checking to see if everything is in one peace, look around wondering what happened. They both notice as the beautiful woman from earlier is being purified from the dagger imbedded into her chest. Wincing as she screams in pain they look at one another and shrug.

"What's going on?"

Shippo comes around as does Hayek, both are befuddled as they have their weapons and multiple cuts upon their bodies. Shippo though smells a faint coppery scent. He determines as he witnesses the pain that Rahnee is in where it is coming from. But he is wondering what the hell was happening though as he looks down and finds that same scent on his hands.

"What have I done?" Shippo wonders as he approaches the young woman who can't help, but wince a little as she tries to get up.

"Are you back to normal Shippo?" She asks and Shippo oblivious to the query looks at her softly.....

"Did I do that?"

Nodding her head, Shippo looks as if he is about to run, for he can't believe he would hurt anyone especially her, but the evidence is right there on his hand and on her arm. Noticing he is about to turn and run, Rahnee smiles gently as with her good hand, she stops him, by latching onto his tail.

"OW LET GO!"

"Shippo listen to me!" Rahnee replies loudly and full of demand that stops the fox demon as he tries to pry his tail from her hands and finds that he can not. "It wasn't your fault Shippo you were being controlled by that demoness..."

Reluctant to believe her Shippo turns and watches as Mikane disappears fully. Out of the corner of his eye he observes as Kikyo runs to tend to her father for as Inuyasha starts to come to he growls in anger at the bruises upon her body as well as the nicks and cuts.

"What the hell just happened...who did this to you?"

Biting her lip, Kikyo answers his question softly....

"You did Daddy, you and Hayek...."

"What!" Both men reply as Hayek overhears. Looking at Kikyo and then Rahnee who confirm it for them, they both feel guilty and Kikyo barely manages to stop Inuyasha from going ballistic. Hayek looks shocked as Kikyo's words run through his mind.

"You did Daddy...you and Hayek..."

Calto meanwhile has Miroku over his shoulder for whereas a demon normally isn't out for to long with that kind of force. What Rahnee had to do, will keep Miroku out cold for a few hours.

"I'm sorry baby..."

"I know Daddy; you guys were put under her spell. She forced you to attack us."

Both men listen as Kikyo explains everything. Meanwhile Shippo just turns to Rahnee who yelps as she tries to peel enough of her uniform off so that she can bandage her arm.

"Let me help you Rahnee..."

"Okay..."

Wincing as the fox demon approaches her arm and starts to help her, Shippo pales as he sees the blood flowing from the long marks. "I'm sorry....I really am sorry..."

Rahnee sighs and with her free hand, she stops him momentarily. "It's not your fault Shippo okay?"

Seeing the honesty in her eyes, contributing to the fact that she doesn't blame him, Shippo manages to help her free one arm so that between the two of them they can treat it.

As the others listen except for Miroku, they get to their part where Calto breaks free all of a sudden.

"So you managed to fight off her control?" Inuyasha looks to Calto, who simply nods his head.

"Yes...essentially, Naraku created my mother. He must have used the same style and magic to create her and Kanna as he did this Mikane creature plus the other one. So I think because of that, my mother's blood actually provides me with some immunity to his power."

"That does make sense. Naraku only knows what he has in his memory from the past life he led against Inuyasha and the others. It makes sense that he would try to use the same abilities and designs from before. But this time because they are full demon, we know now that so is he. " Hayek replies as he turns to look at Kikyo. He feels guilty at the magic he fell under and whispers softly. "Forgive me..."

"It's okay..." Kikyo smiles as she leaves her father for but a moment. Wandering over to give him a hug, he can't help but breathe in her sweet scent and sigh in pleasure. This elicits though a little growl from her father.

"I said you can court her for right now...NOTHING ELSE!" He yells as Inuyasha had detected the heightened feelings of pleasure from Hayek.

Looking sheepish all of a sudden, he looks down at Kikyo and finds her twitching with anger.

"DADDY KNOCK IT OFF!"

Father and daughter start to argue and Hayek looks on in chagrin, the others simply stop and watch in amusement as the two fight. Shippo and Miroku look at one another and shake their heads....

"Just like before...."

"What do you mean Shippo?" Rahnee asks as the others nod their heads to listen.

"Should I tell or you Miroku?"

"Go ahead I think I will watch. Have to take notes for Kagome you know...."

Shippo laughs and as he turns to the others he begins to tell them of some of Inuyasha and Kagome's more infamous fights.... They small group relaxes now for a little while, their battle momentarily over for now, unaware that as they speak someone inches ever closer to the direction of Akira's grave and the sword of Gabriel....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

That's the end for now...I would post it now, but my server is kaput...really irritating. Anyway cross your fingers and hope back to normal in the morning. In the meantime I hope you all enjoy and please don't forget to read and review!