InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Mother's Message ( Chapter 29 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's me again. I don't know if I will be able to update as often this week. Got to much stuff to do...sighs... A woman's work is never done. Anyway I better get started on what I can right?

InuyashaGirlie...- Yep Shippo is interested in Rahnee. She is certainly a lively young lady don't you think? She has her father's amorous nature...but her mother's temper. She should be well matched with Shippo.... As to Midoriko...as I stated before I think there was another reason why she went into the cave...I mean I don't know about all of you but I definitely would not go into a battle alone where there are a incredible amount of enemies there to chew my hide if you catch my drift....unless they had my family then I would.

Mystic Hanyou...- Thank you and I am sure Shippo does as well

Dragon man 180...-True and what better person to keep them safe and to eventually love than Sesshomaru. Who with Rin proved he can look after a child...hence Kanna's safety and with Kagura being an adult sorceress demon...well you get the picture....They have a home....

Anyway time to get on with the story right? I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters involved...

Midoriko appears...

They all continued walking as they finished with their midday break. The girls and Miroku are once again in the air with the fire cats as the other demons fly or run through the trees. Their thoughts are to get to Akira's grave in hops of finding some clue, as to the location of the sword that once belonged to Gabriel.

"Hayek..."

"Yes?"

"Where did you go after what happened to your mother?" Miroku asks curiously. The others are slowing down some as they realize the wolves have stopped. They smell a village not to far ahead and looked around to scout it out and see if they could through it. During this time that the wolf twins are gone the others gather around Hayek as they are curious to learn more about his past.

"I stayed with Akira for the most part. He took care of me and taught me what he knew about fighting and what little spells that was within his capability."

"Oh was he a former priest?"

"No...my mother just wanted him to be able to provide some protection for not only me but himself and what little power he had that she can sense, she put to good use or at least that's what he always said."

The others chuckle as they hear this. The warmth and friendship on their faces is genuine and Hayek smiles warmly as he knows he has found a family. Meanwhile, Miroku, Inuyasha and Shippo realize where they are as the wolf twins return.

"Hey we thought we saw a village up there and all we found where many graves at least 20 years old."

"You would, we should know..." Inuyasha looks to Hayek curiously. "By any chance was Akira a demon slayer?"

"A former one why?"

Miroku and Shippo groan as they realize that their past is rapidly catching up with them. "The village we are approaching used to be Sango's home. I should have put two and two together...."

Hayek looks confused and then it hits Miroku as he watches the play of emotions un across his face.

"There is the remains of a village nearby, it's where we met Sango...Rahnee's mother and Miroku's wife. It was also one of the first villages that Naraku completely destroyed with his trickery."

Remaining silent, Hayek listens as they tell the story of what happened to the village. His horror becomes evident and Kikyo rests her head upon his shoulders to calm his tension. Rahnee reiterates the story as every so often, her parents take her and her sister to the village to lay out some flowers and say a prayer for those who have gone.

As he listens further, Hayek looks and asks a question. Do you remember if most of the houses are intact?

"Should be...why?"

"There is a certain house that belonged to Akira. Maybe just maybe it still stands and we can find something there."

Nodding their head, the small group continues on. As they approach the village, Hayek senses someone or something calling him.

"Hayek... Hayek..."

Noticing as Hayek has stopped and looks in the direction of the cave, Inuyasha looks and nods to Shippo. "Do you remember?"

"Yes."

"Take him..."

"Take me where?" Hayek asks, his voice somehow cracking as a multitude of memories seem to bubble up to the surface again.

"To where your mother is...would you like to see the cave...from the inside?"

Hayek seems hesitant, but Kikyo gently places her hand within his and gives him a reassuring squeeze. The wolf twins decide to go with them, but are halted as Inuyasha ixnays.

"Shippo is taking them and Kikyo goes with him just in case a similar incident like before happens. But both of you keep your ears open, just in case something happens."

Nodding their heads, they sit and wait as the other three trek over to a cave, that Hayek and Kikyo both notice seems to be cold and out of the way. Both him and Kikyo halt as Shippo walks through a barrier of some sort.

"How did you?"

"How did I what? You mean the barrier...?"

Both nod their head and Shippo simply shakes his in response. "I think even though we set her soul free now, that there is simply to much power here in the cave and since her physical body was trapped in her for so long...it manifests itself at the presence of visitors. As long as you are pure of heart, you should be able to walk on through..."

Looking at one another, they both head towards the barrier and as they do so it seems to welcome them warmly and allows them to step through. Kikyo shivers a little bit as the cave feels cold to her and she can't help but flare her miko powers some.

"Kikyo are you all right?"

"I'm fine...it's just this place...." She replies as they walk forward. "As mother says sometimes...Its giving me the creeps,"

"They soon approach what appears to be the giant statue of a demon and encased in its jaws is a woman...."

Hayek let's go momentarily and both Kikyo and Shippo watch as he climbs the statue slowly. His hands touching the cold cheek of the woman, he sighs and whispers in pain.

"Mother..."

"Hayek..." A warm voice seems to call out to him. Shippo and Kikyo hear it as well and seem baffled as they wonder where it comes from. Hopping down onto the ground they watch as a golden light shimmers around the trapped woman and a soon a woman appears that looks like the statue. Smiling softly as she seems to float to the ground. They all look in awe as she approaches them.

"Mother...I...."

"Hush, my little bear, how I have longed to see you and you have grown to look much like your father."

Smiling as they decide to back away, they are halted as the spirit of the most powerful miko, turns to Kikyo with a purpose. "Do you remember me child..."

Looking confused, Kikyo stares at her for a while and then it hits. "You...you are the woman from my dreams!"

"Yes, here I can manifest my form for a short period of time, my power where I used it last has seeped into the ground and for a long time...I hoped I could see my son and for that I think you and your father."

"We shall Lady Midoriko..." Shippo pipes up and the woman can't help but smile at him. "I remember you. You were that little fox demon..."

"You remember me?"

"Yes...I recall everyone who has ever come to visit me..."

Hayek smiles as his mother speaks and those few memories with her have come to the forefront of his mind. Smiling softly, it turns to a frown as his mother despite being a spirit seems to look nervous.

"I must explain to you about the prophecy..."

"The one Hayek told us about earlier?"

Midoriko nods her head and looks to explain it as best she can. "The prophecy it is coming to pass as we speak. If I had been able to communicate as I can now, it would have stopped with your father and mother Kikyo. But I could not...it is now up to you and my son to finish what they started."

She looks at the three young men and women as they stare at her with slightly confused faces. "The prophecy states that a spirit of light shall bear a son, by one who treads the line between light and darkness. That is you Hayek....you are my son as well as Gabriel's. The kind of demon he was...allowed him to become everyone's hope...or nightmare, should he see fit. You have the same ability...in the coming battle you may need it..."

"But how would I go about it?"

"Ask your friend the fox here...he can help you harness your magic for it is the inherent nature of the kitsunes. Am I not right?"

Shippo nods his head and pats his buddy on the back.

Looking to Kikyo, Midoriko continues her story. "The one you face Naraku...he is the other...he is the spirit of the dark. He seeks his revenge on not only all of you from before....but he hungers for it. The path he created before in his past life was only the beginning. Your mother and father stopped him in the nick of time and gave us a temporary peace; you must destroy the spirit this time. But be warned, he has a multitude of powers at his command some of which even I don't know about...."

They look to one another and seem nervous now. If Midoriko doesn't understand the full extent of Naraku's range. What are they to do against him?

"But the key rests within you Kikyo...."

"M...M...Me?" The young woman squeaked out.

"You are what Naraku is after."

"Why me?"

"Your parents are the third part of the prophecy. Your father, Inuyasha has walked both sides of the coin as he grew. As a human, hanyou, and demon he has been forced or even willingly fought to kill and hurt those that were innocent. It wasn't until he met your mother that he began to feel hope again."

Kikyo smiles softly. "Daddy told me...he told me about how growing up he always wished to be accepted and loved. It wasn't until according to him one night that he heard, Momma, Shippo, and the others making wishes and not for themselves but for him, that he realized what he wanted was in front of him all along...."

"I know because I granted them...." Midoriko smiles gently and then turns serious. "Inside you Kikyo rests the power to throw the coming battle either way. My son and Naraku are too evenly matched for it not to become a draw. Together you and Hayek will triumph... apart...and you will fail...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

I hope you all like this part. I did. I felt it was time things are explained even closer. In the meantime they are at what remains of the former village of the Demon Slayer's. Just in case you are wondering why isn't the school and everything here. Its memories...If this is where everyone you knew and loved died...would you want to stay? Anyway don't forget to read and review! Next chapter...they search the houses for a clue...unaware that the third incarnation is watching them....