InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Conversation with Father ( Chapter 32 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Time for another update....would have been sooner but have so may stories right now...is getting a little harder to keep up sorry...

InuGirlTeen...- Thank you and be nice....it might be because this is a Kikyo kind of fic and not Kagome as a majority people happen to want most of the time. So to a degree it could be my fault as well....

Queen Kagome...-Thank you very much and I am glad that you are enjoying it and I hope you continue to do so.

InuyashaGirlie...-Thank you...and I suppose I could try....but I can't guarantee anything

Sikame....- Laughs...well you are about to find out and I hope you approve

kyli the wolf hanyou...-Its only a little one....

Dragon Man 180...- He is not a coward...well he is...but remember he is in a child form right now...he is simply biding his time and waiting....Besides I can't tell you how I will kill him...heh.....would ruin the surprise and lots more incarnations to come...I was only thinking about maybe 10 at the most.....What am I at 3?

Mystic Hanyou...-Thank you and I shall

Anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters involved in the story...32 chapters....wow....

Conversation with Father....

Kikyo smiled softly as she gazes at the spirit in front of her. HE takes a look around as if searching for someone and his eyes rest on the gold haired demon next to the young woman.

"Hayek..." The voice whispers.

Hayek stiffens as he looks at the figure that he resembles so much. Kikyo gestures for the others to back up to allow him sometime with the spirit of his father.

The two look at one another and Hayek looks at him confused and also a little bit bitter.

"Did you know...that Mom cried for so long after you died...she always said that I looked like you and for the longest time...I hated that"

Gabriel sighs softly and tries to reach out and touch the demon that is his son, and is saddened when his hand only goes through him.

"I knew...I tried to talk to her as I know some mikos can speak to the dead...but I think because even if it was an accident...she can't talk to those she has purified."

"So you haven't spoken to her...at all?"

"Not for over 1000 years..." Gabriel replies saddened.

"You must miss her..."

"With all my heart...even in death I cannot see her. But now...with help from you and your Kikyo I will finally be able to not only rest but to destroy the spirit that killed your mother and me."

"You mean Naraku..."

"IS that his name this time around?"

Hayek nods his head and Gabriel gets the hint of a smile upon his ghostly visage. "When I knew him...he was called Junzo..."

"Junzo?"

"Yes...I am sure your mother told you about how she met me right?"

"Yes...you were near dying from some sort of curse."

"Yes...he wanted me to suffer for defeating him...I barely did the last time...as he was dying he cursed me...to feel pain for as long as I lived...cuts would appear on my body in such a way that it was agony and then they would heal...only to reopen again moments later"

"That sounds horrible...how long was it on you..."

"Years..." Gabriel replies with a pained look on his handsome face. He watches in slight amusement as his son steps back in disbelief.

"Years?"

Nodding his head, "Years...Years I waited for one such as your mother to have the power to free me from my curse. It was a bonus that I came to love her..."

"But what does this Junzo guy have to do with it?"

Gabriel looks for a way to explain things and finds the right way to do so.

"That battle where they ambushed me..."

"Yes..."

"He was there...he was the one that challenged me...and he was the one that taunted my mate...your mother into..."

"Purifying you on accident."

Gabriel nods his head saddened as he too remembers that day. "In one fell swoop from that bastard I lost not only my life...but my family"

"But why was it Naraku...or Junzo as you called him the one to blame?"

"Simple...that least `incarnation' you fought?"

Hayek nods his head and listens as Gabriel speaks. "This Hydra fellow...was an exact duplicate of how he was then...and just about every incarnation you have face here and those that Inuyasha and his friends faced was a form that I had seen him take over 1000 years. Sure he was beaten time and time again.....but no one really destroyed him...nobody could for the right person wasn't born yet..."

"You mean Kikyo?"

Gabriel nods his head. "She was born around 70 years ago as an ordinary woman with powers identical to your mother. I thought she would be able to not only free me...but your mother as well. But then I began to sense him again..."

"He tricked them as he did you and mother..."

Gabriel nods his head and smiles softly. "I wonder sometimes if Inuyasha remembers me"

"What do you mean?"

"Essentially Hayek, I was trapped in Limbo...and until the girl Kagome came through and freed him so was Inuyasha..."

Hayek's eyes widen at the news and he turns around to look at hanyou who is perched in a tree and discussing plans and where to look in the village for Gabriel's sword.

"He was there?"

"For fifty years he was trapped in limbo...several times I think he was about to go crazy..."

"But?"

"Then I showed him his future..."

"His future?"

"Yes....A future where he was happy..." Gabriel chuckles. "I know he doesn't remember because as he was viewing is when she freed him"

"You mean Kikyo's mother?"

"Kagome? Yes and she was the one I was waiting for. She had the power and the potential along with Inuyasha to finish him off...but then..."

"The jewel...holding mother"

He nods his head wryly. "You don't know how long I was angry and wanting to kill her for what she did...but in the end it made me realize that it needed to happen...it was the only way your mother could be free and to allow Kikyo to be reborn..."

He ponders this and shrugs a little bit. "I found it odd at first that in the beginning she tried to kill him so long and now she was reborn as his daughter."

"Kikyo tried to kill him....I remember that Shippo told me that earlier...but I didn't quite believe him."

"He was telling you the truth....the original Kikyo whose soul resides in this Kikyo was the one tricked and killed when Naraku became Naraku....what they didn't tell you was that her bones were stolen and she was resurrected...made corrupt. She tried to kill Inuyasha and the others for a long time Hayek...near their entire journey...but she could never do it..."

"Because she loved him...."

Gabriel nods his head. "When they finally put the pieces of the soul back together, rather than make the wishes they sorely wanted, they used their wishes for which your mother granted for Inuyasha"

Hayek smiles, the hanyou is a bit ornery and rough around the edges. Yet when he is with his mate or as he is with Miroku right now or anyone else in his family, he is warm and gentle and with a vibrant kindness that is always reflected in his eyes. Remembering what they originally came to do, Hayek looks to Gabriel with a question...

"Father...do you know where your sword is?"

"Yes and so does Inuyasha"

"He does?"

"Yes as well as the ability to see the future, limbo allows you to see the past. He knows where Akira hid the sword....all you have to do Hayek is help him to remember..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

So...Inuyasha knows where the third sword is....but can he remember that far back that is the question....

Next episode...

This is the sword?.....

Don't forget to read and review!