InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ This thing is the sword? Part 1 ( Chapter 33 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wow so many reviews...in so short a time? Heh...guess I am better than I thought...sheepish little grin...some of you have to be turning your friends to my little continuation and for that I thank you....Anyway I guess I better get cracking huh...got a story to write....

Saiyan Under Cover...-Thank you very much and I am glad that you are enjoying it....

Mystic Hanyou...-Thank you and I am so not telling.... sheepish little grin....

InuyashaGirlie...-Well...shucks...what it is ...is that well Gabriel knows where his sword is...but he can't go and direct them himself....long story will probably explain later in the story...Anyway...a spirit trapped in Limbo...alone for so long and not able to talk to the ones he loves...well I hate to say it I was kind of in a mushy mood yesterday...heh....

Dragon Man 180...-Noooo and that is so mean...but the question isn't where is t

he sword....but who can use it? Heh.....

Sikame....- I know but it was late and I was tired...sheepish look....Didn't want to keep you all waiting another day...you all would have shot me on sight! But I am updating now....

Inuyasha 19912...-How about now....cherries...drifts off as her mind starts to go to a Black Forest Sundae....Ice cream....

colisto ice...-Why thank you and who knows...maybe it is...maybe it isn't....

kyli the wolf hanyou...- I am I am

Anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters in the story!

This...is the sword?Part 1

"Father...do you know where your sword is?"

"Yes and so does Inuyasha..."

Hayek look surprised at this bit of news. About to ask Gabriel one more question, the spirit begins to fade.

"Father...."

"You must forgive me son....I am not used to being visible for this long. Ask Inuyasha where my sword is...he knows."

Nodding his head, as the ghost of his father fully disappears. Hayek turns and walks back to join the others. His gaze is lost in thought and confusion about to go about making Inuyasha remember. Meanwhile as he approaches said hanyou and the others look at him with curious expressions.

"So how did it go?" Miroku asks.

"Hmmmm?"

"He said what was it like talking to the spirit of your old man?" Inuyasha replies a little rudely, it ends up resulting in him getting hit upside the head with Miroku's staff.

"Don't be rude!"

"FEH!" Inuyasha replies crossing his arms across his chest and Hayek can't help but hide back a hint of laughter. In the meantime, he looks at Inuyasha which makes the man aggravated.

"What are you looking at?"

"Well Inuyasha...Gabriel told me he knows where the sword is..."

"Well where is it?"

Hayek simply looks at Inuyasha and smiles. "He told me to ask you."

"ME? Where would I know how to find out! It's been 1000 years since your mother's time and the only person alive back then that I knew was my father, Jaken and old Myouga!"

Inuyasha starts ranting and the others simply look at one another and then turn to Kikyo who starts to twitch in a familiar manner. Getting up and walking straight to her father, she begins to yell.

"DADDY! "

"WHAT!"

"LET HIM FINISH!"

"WHAT HELL NO!"

The rest look at one another and sigh as they promptly begin to speak amongst themselves. Calto and the wolf twins are talking about battles as Shippo and Rahnee are becoming close to one another. They are keeping the cats occupied leaving Miroku and Hayek to talk as the father and daughter argue.

"They are to much alike..."

"True...but would you have them any other way?"

Miroku smiles and shakes his head. "Inuyasha...is Inuyasha. He still feels left out sometimes when it comes to the matter of the demon part of his family, but yet with the acceptance and love Kagome gave him as well as me, Sano, and Shippo's friendship...he's been happy."

"Happy..."

He looks to the young man and raises an eyebrow in curiosity at the one word statement. "Don't you have know what happy is?"

Hayek looks thoughtful as he ponders Miroku's question when out of the corner of his eye, both him and Miroku watch as Kikyo neatly puts her father into a corner. "DADDY! Don't make me get out what Momma gave me..."

Inuyasha snorts a little bit. "Feh what could she give you..."

Kikyo looks calm, but deadly as she replies with pure sweetness. "I'll give you a hint, they are small and blue and Miroku already has a set around his hand..."

Inuyasha gulps and Miroku can't help but smile and begin laughing as Shippo looks to his younger sister with a grin.

"She didn't..." Inuyasha says weakly.

"She did Daddy...she told me only as a last resort should I use them and mostly only when you refuse to listen!" The young woman replies frustrated. Calming down after a few minutes, she looks to her father and gives him a hug.

"Daddy...now are you going to listen and let him finish telling you?"

Inuyasha nods his head and looks at his little girl, who looks very much like her mother, but with his personality. "When did you get as stubborn as me?"

"Always been Daddy...always been..."

The two hug one another and then looking to Hayek, who has an almost quiet envy as he looks upon the father and daughter, Inuyasha nods his head and gestures for Hayek to continue where he left off.

"So how am I supposed to know where this sword is?"

"From what he told me, the two of you had plenty of conversations while you were trapped in limbo thanks to Kikyo's spell."

"My spell?"

"Not you!" Inuyasha, Miroku and Shippo reply, much to her surprise and confusion. Kikyo looks to Rahnee and the others who simply shrug. Turning back to the conversation at hand they continue to listen as Hayek and Inuyasha seem to command them to with their voices alone.

"So...I was where he was when I was pinned to the god tree?"

"Yes....he said that basically all demons that end up purified are under some sort of spell end up in limbo at some point and remain there. When you were put under that spell and then set free 50 years later, my fa...Gabriel said that you were watching the past and present and what you had been viewing was Akira's life..."

Inuyasha looks confused as he tries to remember that time close to 70 years ago. His gold eyes drawing a blank as he shakes his head.

"I don't remember..."

Hayek and the others groan as Kikyo simply looks at her father with a slight twinge of disappointment.

"It's okay...we will still find it"

Inuyasha looks at her and smiles. But deep inside, he still fights to remember and unknowingly, he looks to Hayek who approaches him.

Hayek looks into the eyes of the hanyou who has become like a second father to him despite their age difference. "I have an idea...."

"What...."

"I don't know if I can do this Inuyasha and for what I plan to do I would want Kikyo and Miroku's help."

"Which is..."

Hayek looks at Inuyasha and gulps as the dog demon albeit only half of one starts to growl. "I intend to walk your mind Inuyasha..."

"Walk my mind?"

"We would have to put you to sleep Inuyasha and being the type of demon that I am I can walk your mind...."

Inuyasha looks doubtfully as he doesn't seem to like this idea at all very much and looks to Miroku and Kikyo for their opinion.

"Well what do you two think....?"

"I think it could work Inuyasha, but why would we have to be here?" Miroku looks to Hayek as Kikyo nods her head in agreement.

The dream demon looks thoughtful as he tries to explain it the best way he can. "You both know the mind is a powerful thing right?"

"Yes..." The other three listen and respond as he tries to explain everything. "When we dream it is like parts of our mind just shut down and others take over creating a whole separate world. In this world anything can happen and I mean anything. This will be a journey that Inuyasha and I will have to do and we will not really be able to tell what is real...and what isn't..."

Miroku starts to figure it out and looks to Kikyo and then back to the other two. "In other words what you want us to do is to not only monitor the two of you and make sure everything is all right, but to also erect a barrier just in case things get out of hand?"

Hayek nods his head. Inuyasha listens and then turns to the young man with a wary look. "So ...by knocking me out...."

"I intend with the part of you that awakens as you sleep to find and see if you can unlock the secrets that are trapped within..."

"Well then...." Inuyasha starts to say, but receives a powerful hit upside the head from Miroku's staff knocking him against a rock which forces him out cold.

"Did you really have to do it?" Kikyo looks at her father's friend and observes as the monk simply shrugs.

"He was changing his mind...."

"How do you know?" Hayek replies as Kikyo nods her head in agreement.

"Every time in the past he has said...'well then' always ended up in Kagome having to sit him...a lot"

"Oh..."

Looking to Shippo, Rahnee, the wolf twins and the three cats, Miroku takes charge. "You guys be on the look out for any trouble. We don't want Naraku or any of his minions sneaking up on us as we do this..."

They nod their head and spread out, but still talk to one another. As Hayek looks to Miroku and Kikyo, he places his hands on either side of Inuyasha's head and begins to concentrate and moments later, he finds himself in what seems to be Inuyasha's forest.

"So...this must be his subconscious." Hayek looks around warily. "Time to find him and his memories so that we stand a chance..."

Elsewhere....

A Bee realizes what is going on and begins its flight back to its master. Having watched and listened from afar. It knows that now would be a prime opportunity for its master to attack....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Eep...and I mean Eeep....anyway I better post now so you all don't get mad at me...Hayek is going to walk Inuyasha's subconscious...I believe that even though we all claim we forget that deep in our minds somewhere what we want rests and waits for the time we need it again...we just might need a little help to set it free....In the meantime don't forget to read and review.