InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ This thing is the sword? Part 2 ( Chapter 34 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

You guys are miffed at me about the cliffhanger...sorry? But at least I try not to keep you all waiting to long.

Dragon Man 180...-I know I know...evil...but on the bright side I am not making you wait very long...

InuyashaGirlie...-Why thank you and what can I say...like mother like daughter....

Mystic Hanyou...-Maybe...we shall see what the two uncover in his subconscious huh...and by the way thanks....

Inuyasha19912...-Well I am glad and whatever you are doing with your friend may it be fun!

kyli the wolf hanyou...-Yep another cliffy...going to be tons in all my stories. Smiles as she tries her best to remain hidden and in a tank with a super mega force field around her.

Anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters in the story...

This is the sword? Part 2

The bee floats back to its master and as he finds him, he sees his reborn lord, laughing as he watches these two demons fight against one another. Flying to his side, he reports on the conversation he has heard and Naraku can't help but chuckle in delight.

"So Hayek has gone into Inuyasha's subconscious to awaken the part that has resided in limbo, I have the perfect Incarnation for this...."

Naraku despite his small stature retains all the power that has gained through his many lifetimes. Making a motion with his hands a figure starts to form and like him it is that of a small child, with black hair and green eyes. The aura surrounding him is filled with malevolence that near rivals Naraku's own evil and Naraku can't help but chuckle.

"Go...Yusuke" The child with the voice of a man orders. Enter the realms of dreams and secrets and destroy both Inuyasha and Hayek!"

"Yes Lord Naraku...." The young boy responds and vanishes. In the meantime, Naraku returns to watching the demons fight amongst themselves to gain the favor of this seemingly innocent and angelic child, which is the essence of hell itself.

Back at the campsite....

Rahnee and the others watch as Hayek seems to almost collapse on top of Kikyo's dad, but breathes a sigh of relief as Miroku seems to catch him and push him off to the side. Looking over at Shippo she takes his hand and gives him a reassuring squeeze.

"Worried?"

"A little....Inuyasha is the only guy I have ever really known as a father and with Kagome as my mother...well I don't want to lose either of them as I am sure Kikyo and her brother Timor are thinking the same things."

"You love them that much?"

"Yes...they are not only my friends...but they are my family." The fox replies. "They have raised me since I was a little boy and I owe them so much. I will do anything to help them!"

"Well you are Shippo..."

"How?"

"By simply being there..." Rahnee smiles brightly and gives him a soft kiss on his lips to which the fox can't help but respond to. Moment's later though a rock hits him in the back of the head and one of the wolf twins looks on triumphantly as the other smirks.

"Get a room!" Kino replies and much to Calto's amusement as Sakado echoes his brother's words. The fox takes after the twins. Both Rahnee and him look at one another with the hint of a smile on their faces.

"Remind me to tell them thanks..."

"Oh?" Calto replies to her seemingly innocent comment.

"Yes..." Rahnee looks back at him her dark eyes filled with warmth and worry as they then turn to the four against the tree. "For distracting him when he sorely needs it"

Calto turns and nods his head as he looks back at the fox and the wolves who run as if their very lives depend on it. The smile on their faces is evident as they manage to stay just out of range and allow him to run off his fears.

In the meantime, Kikyo and Miroku look at one another and shake their heads at the commotion surrounding them. The three felines stay by them and comfort the young woman with their mews of reassurance, as she looks down at the two men who mean the most to her. Hayek and Inuyasha are both out cold and leaning against Kilala, who had turned to her large form, to give their bodies something to rest on other than the ground.

"Kilala...thank you" Kikyo looks to the feline and the fire cat simply gives a low purr of acceptance as she nuzzles the two men with her nose. Mirada and Tiasma are both by Kikyo and the monk and allowing them to scratch behind their ears as if to give them their own form of simple reassurance and to help ease their tensions. All eyes are focused though on the two men who lie against a fire cat and dream....

Plane of dreams and Inuyasha's subconscious...

"Inuyasha where are you!" Hayek yells out as he searches through what appears to be Inuyasha's subconscious world. Stumbling on occasion as something seems to be causing him to trip. Hayek tries to think back to some of the stories he has been told about the hanyou and remembers one Kagome had often told.

~Often when Inuyasha needed to think or even sleep he would often go to the god tree in his forest...it was his place of refuge where he allowed himself to think...and to dream...

Spying the tip top of the tree, Hayek begins to run and leap across the branches of Inuyasha's memories and eventually reaches his destination. To his surprise he finds the one thing he never thought he would see. Inuyasha is pinned as he was fifty years ago to the god tree and it looks as if he sleeps.

"Inuyasha....?" Hayek whispers and is startled as hears the voice behind him respond.

"What do you want..."

Whirling around, he finds a black haired Inuyasha. Hayek looks a little stunned at this sight of the human Inuyasha, who looks at him expectantly.

"Well...you going to answer me or what?"

Hayek's eyes can't help but narrow a little bit in anger and can't help but twitch a little bit as he mutters.

"No wonder Kagome and Kikyo both get mad at you..."

The black haired man smiles and laughs at Hayek's words.

"What's so funny...?"

"Just you mentioning my wife and my daughter...I don't often let others around them....I trust you...you know"

"You do?"

Human Inuyasha looks at Hayek with this look of are you an idiot or something as a voice of cruel laughter and warning answers behind him.

"Of course I do pup!" Hayek turns around ready to retort something else and sees silver haired and red eyed Inuyasha prowling around him. "I would have killed you long ago if I thought you even remotely meant any harm to my pack."

He gulps a little nervously as the two halves of Inuyasha seem to walk around him as if stalking and ready to pounce at the slightest ill conceived notion.

"You still haven't answered our question....why are you here?" Both aspects ask.

"I need you to remember...."

"Remember what?" The Demon part asks as the human side comes closer.

"I need you to remember that time in Limbo, before you were freed...."

"Why would I want to...that time I hated it!" The human screams as the eyes of the demon seems to grow darker in anger.

"You saw something...something that can help us in your conscious state."

"Feh....what is it!"

"A sword...."

"But we already have the sword that we need....Tetsaiga..."

Hayek growls as the demons seem to come closer and mentally he has to keep telling himself that this isn't real....for if he was to come and think it...he could not only kill himself, but Inuyasha as well.

"This is a different sword that my father...told you about."

"Who is your father demon....?" The silver haired Inuyasha asks.

"Gabriel...the demon with the gold hair that you talked to while there...."

"I see..." Both halves respond and look at one another. A hidden message of doubt in their minds and then seemingly they start to merge and disappear. Looking around, the realm of the subconscious Hayek wonders what is going on as he then notices the hanyou Inuyasha that was once pinned to the tree standing before him....

"What is it that you would have of me again...?"

"Do you remember Inuyasha....do you remember the sword my father showed you being hidden."

"Yes..."

"Can you show me....?"

Before Inuyasha's subconscious responds, he growls in anger. Turning to see what could have riled up the hanyou in his own mind, other than himself, Hayek turns around and notices a child of no more than ten standing there.

"Who are you?" He hears Inuyasha growl loudly and the forest seems to tremble in rage.

"I am like him..." The child answers and points to Hayek. "I can be your wildest dreams....or your worst nightmare....as the child seems to turn into an adult with long black hair and red eyes.

"Naraku...."

"Come Inuyasha...kill me if you can...."

Despite his sunconcious Inuyasha makes to lunge at the demon in his mind and Hayek has to work to try and keep him from doing so.

"Inuyasha wait!"

"FEH! Why should I! This bastard has destroyed my life and he must pay!"

"I know that...but this isn't Naraku...."

The vile look alike chuckles and turns to Hayek. "It will be no use talking to him....he will not listen, he long has wished to kill my master....but here I have the power!"

Hayek listens as Inuyasha withdraws a sword that is the Tetsaiga and starts to battle. Pulling out his own sword and powers, Hayek steps in and knocks the hanyou's soul to the side.

"Stay out of the way pup!"

"No!" Hayek responds. "Your wife and daughter would never forgive me if I let you die!"

"And why would I go and do that!"

Hayek manages to parry a blow from the look alike that seems to shift in his own eyes into the figure of his father.

"Yes tell him son...tell him what would happen if he were to die here..."

"Inuyasha as a demon of the dreams, my mother once told me a story...one I never believed.... In your subconscious what you truly believe and understand becomes the power and with it comes the problem."

"Which is kid!" Inuyasha replies as they join and face off against their nightmares. "That if you die here....you die for real...."

Inuyasha growls as he manages to back spin over his vision of Naraku, who simply shrugs off the cut into his belly as if it was nothing. Meanwhile Hayek struggles to fight against the vision of his father who all of a sudden turns into his mother.

"Why do you struggle against me my son...deep down I know how much you want to be with me...."

"You are not my mother!" Hayek yells and pushes back against the figure.

The being simply laughs and shifts into the form of a young girl with near all black hair except for a silver streak. Her amber eyes looking at him with loathing....

"Kikyo..."

"Oh Hayek...I am sorry but I don't love you...."

"What...no...."

The demon's image seems to laugh as it focuses on Hayek with its powers. His biggest fear it seems is not being accepted by this slip of a woman. Turning its focus now on the older hanyou, he changes into a dying version of another...the girl's dying mother....

"Oh Inuyasha...why haven't you come back to me...."

"Kagome....but you are fine....Kouga and Ayame promised they would take care of you and Timor...."

"They did Inuyasha...but it wasn't enough....I called for you over and over....but you never came...."

Inuyasha seems to whimper a little in pain as he seems to curl up against a memory in his mind. As the demon watches in satisfaction, it starts to wrap the realm of the subconscious around them and begins to squeeze.

"Soon...you will die...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* *~~*

All right folks that is the end of this part and I seriously have got to go...work you know in 35 minutes and so see ya later and don't forget to read and review!