InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ This thing is the sword? Part 3 ( Chapter 35 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Looks around and is wary of a dragon, because of the cliffy she left on another story and deftly hides. Hello folks, I have angry readers looking for me so I got to make this quick....

Dragon Man 180...Eeeps and dodges more fireballs....sorry?

Sikame...-I know and I am updating see...really fast to

Inuyasha 1991...-Thank you and I am glad that you are enjoying it!

Mystic Hanyou...Ummm I can't wait...need work...need money...need to live!

kyli the wolf hanyou...-I know and I am!

Anyway folks, ducks as a fireball seems to singe her hair...gulps again...I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters!

This thing...is the sword?...Part 3

Kikyo turns to look at her father and the demon that she has come to care for more than anything, with a slight tinge of worry.

"Something's wrong..."

Miroku looks at her curiously and sees how the tension has all of a sudden built up inside the young woman. He then turns and looks at the two men and places his hand on either side of their necks only to whisk away.

"What is it?" Kikyo looks at him with almost a silent plea to tell her she was imagining things.

"They're ice cold as if they were dying!"

"What! No I can't lose either one of them!" Kikyo frets as this draws the other's attention.

"Papa?" Rahnee looks inquisitively as Shippo and the others are right behind her.

"Something is happening....Rahnee you stay here for a moment with Kikyo and see if you can calm her down." Miroku replies and he in turn then looks to the remaining four boys. "You four each take a direction and see if you can detect anything. I will give a week's worth of gold that Naraku is close by."

"Understood." Calto replies as he takes off towards the east.

"On our way!" The wolf twins reply, with Kino going North and Sakado heading west.

Shippo in the meantime looks at the them with the two cats and before he heads south, he looks to Miroku.

"Be careful...." Then he is flying through the trees, sharp and alert searching for any traces of the vile demon. In the meantime Kikyo tries to think and tries to fight off Rahnee's hands to pull away from the two fallen men.

"Kikyo...."

"Rahnee I can't leave them alone! I know something's wrong!" The young woman cries and begins to flash a brilliant pink aura around her. Backing up so as not to get in her way, Rahnee watches as Kikyo places her hands at their temples and then she to collapses around them.

Miroku and Rahnee look at one another and then at the three on the ground and wait.

In the meantime, Kikyo feels as if she is falling through a tunnel. One that is dark and long, but eventually she finds a welcoming light and to her surprise as she lands, she sees the forest that surrounds her home.

"What am I doing here?" She muses, but then shakes her head in fear as she hurriedly begins to move. "Have to find Hayek and Daddy...."

She starts calling out for them and hopes that they hear her pleas to come back.

Elsewhere, Hayek feels himself drowning as the thought of Kikyo not caring about him seems to hurt. The pain in his heart is heavy and he can't help but sink even further into the dark oblivion. Watching the figure of the young woman with vibrant gold eyes laughing at him, he forgets that this is simply an illusion.

Inuyasha begs to the figure of the woman who seems to be dead.

"Why didn't you come back for me Inuyasha? I called for you as I lay dying..."

"Kagome I tried....I tried to hurry and find that bastard....."

"Inuyasha.....you didn't try hard enough."

Whimpering in pain he seems to sink even further into his own mind. Reverting and becoming more like the child he once was enduring the pain of the loss of a loved one.

Finally catching up to them, Kikyo shrieks as she sees both Hayek and her father sinking into an inky black darkness.

"DADDY!"

"Daddy snap out of it! Come on Daddy please!" Kikyo cries out as she tries to pull on his arms. As she does so she yells at Hayek who seems to go down even further.

"Hayek please I need you!"

Hayek seems to almost brush it off as those words reach his ears, but he twitches a little bit. Kikyo notices that and starts to pray as she screams even louder.

"HAYEK HELP ME PLEASE! HELP ME SAVE MY FATHER!"

Hayek deep in his mind hears the faint voice calling for him to help. He remembers slowly at first but then it comes to him in full force, where he is and breaks free of the spell that sought to drag him into the darkness that is death. Looking around, his green eyes flashing a hint of red, he watches as the young woman struggles to pull out Inuyasha from his trap.

"Kikyo, you must talk to him!"

"I've tried it's like he's not listening!"

"He's in there Kikyo, this is his subconscious remember. You have to get through. Other than your mother, who knows more about your father anyone?"

Kikyo hears his words, and as she struggles to pull him out with Hayek's help she looks deep into the image of her father.

"Daddy....Daddy it's me Kikyo...your baby girl Daddy....I need you"

"Kikyo...." Inuyasha replies slowly, his ears flickering a little bit, but still he continues to sink.

"Daddy please...whatever it is it can't be real Daddy. Momma, Timor, and I need you Daddy. Please snap out of it!"

Inuyasha twitches again as the image in his subconscious mind seem to change. Instead a sweet memory replaces it from so long ago.

Flashback....

Inuyasha bends down and finishes bandaging Kagome's arm. The others beat a retreat to the other side of camp to leave those two alone.

Watching as Inuyasha wraps her arm, the silence between them is tense and unnerving. Finally, not able to hold it in anymore Kagome begins to ask something.

"Inuyasha?"

"Yes?"

"Did you mean what you said back there?"

"About what?"

"Hearing our thoughts and understanding us?"

"Yes I did"

"I helped give you happiness?"

"Yes Kagome...you, Miroku, Shippo and the others....Hearing your thoughts and feeling how you felt. I realized that wish I have wanted all my life has come true."

Inuyasha's hand comes up to her cheek and caresses the soft skin. "It's just you gave me something else Kagome..."

"What is it Inuyasha...?" Kagome hopes beyond her wildest dreams as she looks into those amber orbs. She can't help but nuzzle his hand as it pulls her closer to him.

"Love Kagome....I love you"

Kagome starts to cry, but this time Inuyasha smells that they are tears of joy and his lips press to hers in a soft and passionate kiss.

Flashback ends....

Remembering the joy his mate had, he screams in rage and anger and Hayek manages to pull Kikyo back in the nick of time as he breaks free.

Sighing in relief, Kikyo is about to run over and hug him, when Inuyasha holds out a hand to her.

"He's still here...."

Nodding her head silently and staying close to both men. Inuyasha looks to the others and tries to think. Being wary and hoping the hanyou hears him....

"Inuyasha this is your mind...you control what happens here...."

Inuyasha seems to pause and he nods his head silently. Closing his eyes, the two watch as the images of the forest seems to disappear and become blank slates. The sky eventually goes and soon nothing is left, except for them and what appears to be a child of 12 in front of them.

"So...you are the one Naraku sent after us."

Simply tilting its head, the child seems to smile almost as it now grows, into an image of a woman that causes the hanyou to step back.

"Mother?" He whispers and Kikyo places a hand on her father's arm.

"Daddy it's just an illusion. Remember this isn't real. Grandmother died 75 years ago remember?"

The creature growls in rage as it shifts again. This time into the image of Midoriko, dying and reaching out as if crying for help. Hayek watches and his eyes seem to flash an even deeper red.

"You are not my mother and now that Inuyasha has given me a blank slate...." Hayek concentrates and soon he seems to shift and his shape changes to that of a woman.

A woman that Inuyasha recognizes all to well as does the child, and the spirit which sees through him.

"It can't be your dead!"

The woman simply smiles and approaches him. The child in a man's form seems to be frozen on the spot and can't seem to move an inch as this woman approaches him. Reaching out with her hands, he feels the cool and cold dead flesh of the woman in red and white and then the force that is thrust at him forcing him out of the mind and body.

In the real world, Miroku and Rahnee watch in astonishment as a child seems to appear out of nowhere and has the presence that Miroku has felt once before. Similar in stature to Kanna he simply starts chanting as he reaches for a sutra and places it on the child's chest causing it to freeze.

Realizing what is happening the little boy stares mutinously at the monk and his daughter, but seems nervous at the three cats two of which circle him as if eh was a mouse ready to be eaten.

"What are you going to do with me?"

"That's up to them......" Miroku replies as the boy turns and gestures to the three behind him.

Yusuke, the child demon sighs and can't help but be a little nervous in fear of what his master and creator will do.....when he finds out that he has failed.

Smiling happily as she runs up to the image of her father, Inuyasha hugs the young woman and smiles.

Then turning to look at Hayek, who has returned to his normal form, he nods his head and begins to concentrate once more and soon they see what Inuyasha has forgotten for so long and now remembers.

993 years ago...

Akira knows his time is coming to an end. Age has finally got up with him. Unaware that he is being watched, Akira approaches what the elder's house and sighs softly. Knocking upon the door, the chief and leader of the village looks at him curiously.

"Akira?"

"My time is coming?"

"How?"

"I just know." Akira silently pulls forth the sword of Gabriel and the elder looks at him with awe as the blade seems to pulse with a pure light.

"I need you to hide it with the rest of Midoriko's things. Save it for him."

"For Hayek?"

Akira nods his head and starts to cough roughly. "He doesn't know and regretfully I don't have much longer left. Store them...where their house once stood by the river..."

The elder nods his head. The memory seems to fast forward, and the others watch as time seems to flow and the elder moves with a purpose. Approaching this area that seems to burst with a light, he and the person he is with seems to smile softly and as if by magic, the blade touches the ground and disappears.

"Until the time comes...."

"Yes...I will wait and watch as will my children and so forth."

The elder once again nods his head and turns to the black haired man next to him. "Come Ichiro, they will soon plant a tree to cover its location."

Looking to Inuyasha he smiles and nods his head. "The God Tree..."

Watching as the memory seems to continue for but a moment longer, the other man turns around and Kikyo can't help but gasp in surprise at who he looks like. She sees him...or at least another him every time she goes to visit her grandmother in the future....

"Uncle Souta?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Heh...this part it's done...it seems the God Tree is where Gabriel's sword rests. And what's the deal with the other gut looking like Kikyo's uncle and Inuyasha's brother-n-law. Heh I will explain more about it in the next chapter until then Read and Review!