InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ This thing, is the sword? Part 4 ( Chapter 36 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yep time for more Kikyo and the others. Hums a little tune...I know something....heh....anyway I better get going....on the reviews.....

Mystic Hanyou...-Thank you...think I should send it to Japan....might get a series out of it? My brother says I should....question is where?

Dragon Man 180...- heh...heh...scared little giggle...Why thank you...lights up at the idea...ride? Really ride?

Inuyasha 19912...-Why thank you and I am glad that you are enjoying it...in the meantime I guess I better get cracking....

kyli the wolf hanyou...-I know and I am updating...smiles...

All right folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters in the story and you can't have them!

This thing is the sword? Part 4

Coming to, as she and the other two break free of the spell and trance that they were in, Kikyo can't help but throw herself into Inuyasha's arms and he just looks at her with this confused look on his face.

"Did I miss something?"

The others simply laugh at Inuyasha's face and in doing so Miroku tries to make a clean getaway, before Inu remembers the whack on the back of the head that he delivered. But he is stopped as Inuyasha's claws latch onto his robe, with a tightening purpose.

"Excuse me I have someone to talk to?" Inuyasha says sweetly and with intent. Gazing at the monk with a murderous expression, Inuyasha drags the poor man into a nearby hut that is falling apart and soon the others simply look in curiosity and then cringe as the signs of a battle seem to be going on in there.

Moments later, Inuyasha steps out. He seems to be a little banged up, but other than that is fine. A few minutes later though as Inuyasha rejoins the others, Miroku comes stumbling out a little worse for wear and the others can't help but glare at Inuyasha who just looks at them.

"Daddy....What am I going to do with you?" Kikyo shakes her head as she looks at him. Rahnee and Shippo both run over to help Miroku who seems to be gathering his wits about him as he had taken a few blows to the head.

"You could have killed me...." Miroku glares at the hanyou.

"Feh! Sango nearly did several times when you were courting her for your lecherous ways monk.... I knew you would live...."

The others simply stare and Rahnee can't help but turn beet red as Shippo tries not to laugh. Calto, and the wolf twins seem baffled as they look for an explanation, which Inuyasha promptly gives them much to Miroku's embarrassment.

"You don't have to tell them that!"

"Well guess what I just did...anyway what are we going to do with the kid here...?" Inuyasha asks looking at the little boy, who can't help but tremble in fear. Unlike the others this was essentially a child, for all intents on purposes, Naraku knew they would have trouble taking this kid out.

"I won't go against Master Naraku!" The little one states vehemently.

"Naraku does a habit of making them frightened to death of him." Calto states, with some measure of pity. "A lot of the things Mother did were at the threat of her own existence."

"You are of Naraku as well?" Yusuke asks inquisitively.

Calto shakes his head. "No but my mother was. She is free of him now."

"What is free?"

Everyone looks at one another and smiles. "Free is what we are....?"

"Yusuke!" The child states proudly and Hayek can't help but ruffle his black hair. Calto looks to Miroku and can't help but ask him something.

"Will the sutras hold on him help keep him detectible from Naraku?"

Miroku looks lost in though at this question and shrugs. "For a small amount of time it might, but it would be better if he was someplace where his power was masked and where he could be allowed to be a child"

"My father could handle that." Calto says with a matter of fact and also with a quiet yearning to which Inuyasha simply groans at.

"Fine we can go and pay a visit to my brother!"

"Should we tell them?" Kikyo asks Hayek quietly.

"Maybe...." He replies as they watch the commotion and they can't help but smile as the child demon seems to light up, with a kind of hopeful light. "Isn't the western lands but half a day from the village anyway?"

Kikyo nods her head and stands up. She goes to whisper something in Inuyasha's ear as well as Miroku's. Both men nod their heads and then after a few more minutes of conversation between themselves a plan is formed.

"Right now everyone we are going to split up."

Slight protests are said as the small group looks to one another worried and nervous for Naraku is powerful despite his deviltry and never actually getting involved.

"How are we splitting this up?"

Inuyasha stands up and sides with Calto and the little one Yusuke. "Myself, Calto and the wolf twins will take Yusuke here to Sesshomaru as well as see if Jaken has made any progress into finding a cure for the disease. Miroku will take Shippo, Hayek, Rahnee and Kikyo with him and continue on."

They are frowning slightly at this turn of events, but nodding their heads in response, the small group looks at one another and sighs.

"Where would we meet up again, because we won't be able to stay apart for long without him sending double the trouble?" Rahnee asks with a smile and looking to her father and Inuyasha for the answer.

"Back at the village?" Miroku asks.

"Sounds fine to me. We all better get going...."

Standing up as a group and starting to clean up their mess, Inuyasha calls for Hayek to come by so that he may speak with him.

"Look I trust you with Kikyo's life...if anything and I mean anything should happen to her...."

Hayek nods his head. "I promise you Inuyasha I will protect her...."

Inuyasha looking satisfied is about to pick up the child and place on Calto's back turns around a moment later and adds one more warning.

"If she is even remotely saddened because you did something. Then when I catch up with you guys later...I will kill you out right...."

Hayek can't help but smile and reassure Inuyasha with his next words. "I promise Inuyasha....I will not hurt her if I can help it."

"You see to that"

The group waves goodbyes and as Inuyasha along with the wolf twins and Calto takes Yusuke out of sight and out of hearing. Miroku gives a slight nod of his head and Kikyo turns to Rahnee and Shippo with a purpose.

"We know where Gabriel's sword is and we have to back home."

"It's back at the village?" Shippo replies with a curious look as they travel upon the three cats to make quicker speed.

"It's not at the village so to speak." Kikyo replies. "It's more like buried underneath it."

The two plus Miroku look confused for a moment as they seek to explain what happened in Inuyasha's memory.

"So from what I understand a tree marks the spot, but why are we heading back there?" Rahnee asks with questioning gaze.

"There was someone else in Daddy's memory....someone that Shippo and I know too well..."

Shippo looks baffled. "I know this person?"

"Not directly, but I believe we know someone who looks identical to him...."

"Who?"

"Uncle Souta..." Kikyo replies and to which Hayek nods his head as if in confirmation, only having had meant her uncle a couple of times.

"The village is approximately where Kagome has said the shrine from the future extends to...so it is possible that when Akira was taking care of the sword, that an ancestor....of the Higurashis would be involved." Miroku exclaims thoughtfully.

"So Kikyo are we going to the future?" Shippo replies with a matter of fact tone.

She nods her head. "You know in this time and age we would not be able to go anywhere near the tree with any kind of equipment. But maybe in the future somewhere down the line someone did. Mom once told me that Great-Grandpa had a storeroom filled with lots of stuff he had found over the years....maybe we will get lucky?"

"Stands to reason..." Hayek replies as they continue to fly towards. His arms around Kikyo as they move, he can't help but breathe in her warm scent and sigh in pleasure. Shippo is doing the same with Rahnee and Miroku simply smiles. Deep down he knows if Inuyasha was here neither girl would have a chance to find love with the ones they care about as Kikyo is his daughter and Shippo his by adoption, he is a little overprotective of both.

His thoughts turning to memories a couple of hours pass and soon they are at the Bone Eater's well.

Kikyo and Shippo both hop off and look to the others.

"Please all of you stay here?" Kikyo smiles as she asks the question warmly.

"Why..."

"I think because of my blood tie to mother I am allowed to pass through and just in case you are attacked while we are gone, it is better that Miroku sets up a barrier around here to allow you guys some movement, but to give you a little protection."

"Kikyo..." Rahnee seems a little cross, because she has been curious of the future and the stories that have been told via Shippo and the others. Hayek nods his head in understanding.

"You wish for me to be here..."

"To back Rahnee up, it is better to fight with friends then alone." Kikyo smiles warmly and places a hand upon his cheek. "But promise me....you will be okay if anything should happen?" She whispers.

"I promise..." He smiles softly and then wraps her in his arms tight.

As they part they see Shippo doing the same thing with Rahnee and then looking at one another they both turn to the well and taking one another's hands they jump in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Okay this part is done...the sword part was to span five or so chapters and so they will have the sword come next chapter. Anyway you know Souta had to be married or something by now? It's been 20 years...so any volunteers for his two children? Don't forget to read and review and if you do give me a name!