InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ This thing, is the sword Part 5 ( Chapter 37 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Time for another update on this story now....I am doing pretty good and all of you are wondering...Souta? Well that's going to be explained as now we get into the final and last part of the search for Gabriel's Sword....

kyli the wolf hanyou...- I am I am

colisto ice...-I will as soon as I am done with this....

Mystic Hanyou...-Cool and thank you...but I had someone who is apparently reading this and for which I won't be able to thank him...or her...and they sent me a sight with nothing but Japanese names...and in order

Inuyasha 19912...-Well how about now?

Dragon Man 180... - How come Shippo can? Remember he is going through with Kikyo who is their daughter so as long as she holds onto him he can go through and into the future. As to Naraku's incarnations....I am calling this one the soul that was originally supposed to be Nikia's son, before Naraku corrupted it for his own use. Now the little one will be allowed a choice. He is still Naraku's creation because of the body...but part of him like every child...wants to play and to be free....Anyway climbs onto your back and wraps my arms around your neck....Are you sure I'm not going to fall off...last minute paranoia setting in right now....

Sikame...-Well we shall see but yes Souta is married....It has been twenty years since it began....was bound to happen. Her name is going to be Lily....that is Souta's wife in this chapter.....

Anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha, but I do own just about everyone else...a whole lot of names you don't recognize? They are mine! And you can't have them!

Chapter 37

This thing, is the sword? Part 5

Kikyo and Shippo, both jump into the well and feel the surrounding blue light of the tunnel welcome them with open arms.

As they proceed to land, they haven't even begun to climb, when two faces appear. A young boy of about twelve, with dark hair and eyes and a little red headed girl of six with dark eyes as well.

"I guess you were right...it's just Kikyo coming to visit." The twelve year old says and then his eyes light up as he takes in the fox Kitsune standing next to her.

"SHIPPO!" He cries out and then deftly jumps into the well for which the demon hastily and barely manages to catch him.

"Kozue!" The little red head yells. "I'm telling MOM!"

Kozue yells back forcing Shippo to cringe with high pitch of his yell.

"Just go ahead and I will tell her that it was you who broke the lamp and not me, Minako!"

Minako purses her lips and then smiles as an older dark haired man seems to cluck disapprovingly behind her. Peering and smiling as he waves to his niece and nephew. Thirty year old Souta Higurashi glares at his younger son with a slight twinge of anger and disappointment.

"So it was you who did young man..."

"Dad...I"

"No...I don't want to hear it. Now get up here and finish your chores while I talk to your cousins. We will discuss your punishment later...."

"Yes Dad..." Kozue replies and Minako can't help but smirk a little bit. Souta turns to his daughter and smiles. "Go and tell our mother that Kikyo and Shippo are here."

"Yes Daddy..." The little girl replies and takes off and grabbing onto both Kozue and Kikyo to save time, Shippo crouches down to the floor and takes a leap up and out of the well with ease.

"Whoooooaaaa! That was cool!" Kozue smiles and then seeing his father look at him. The twelve year old turns and runs before his father can say anything else.

"Uncle Souta..." Kikyo smiles as she slides into the elder man's arms, to which eh extends to Shippo to give him a man to man pat on the back.

"So what brings you two here and where are the others?"

Kagome and Shippo look at one another and sigh. They begin to explain the events that have happened and the reemergence of Naraku.

As he listens Souta takes on a thoughtful look and it grows more determined with each word that is passed from their lips. When they get to the part about Gabriel's sword, he halts them and smiles.

"You said a sword right?"

The two nod their heads and once again Souta calls forth for Kozue. The young boy comes running at full speed, not wanting to incur his father's anger any more than necessary.

"Yeah Dad?"

"Remember you claimed you saw something like a sword in the store room right?"

Nodding his head, he turns to his cousins and explains.

"The other day, one of our assignments was to bring in something for school to write a report on and show to the class. I saw an old and rather dirty looking sword, and well it kind of called to me..."

"Called to you Kozue...how?" Kikyo kneels down as Shippo does the same so that they are eye to eye with him.

"I don't know...but why do you want to see it anyway?"

"It's a long story and it is best if Uncle Souta tells you later squirt." Shippo replies and Kozue can't help but get a little annoyed. "In the meantime we really need to see that sword."

Nodding his head, Kozue turns and heads towards the store room as Lily and Minako appear at the front.

"What's going on Souta?" Asks the older red head and Souta can't help but give her a wry smile.

"It seems my sister and her family have gotten themselves into a bit of trouble...Kozue may know where something is that they are looking for."

"I see..." Lily smiles as she watches the three enter the storeroom. "I wish them luck..."

Souta nods his head and wraps his arms around his wife and daughter as their loved ones disappear to search.

Storeroom....

"Here we are..." Kozue replies as they enter the storeroom. "Great-Grandpa's treasures..."

The two look around and Kikyo can't help bitch as something from the back seems to be calling to her.

"You can sense it can't you cousin?"

"Is it towards the back?" She asks Kozue softly as Shippo starts to move things around; his fox eyes are slightly better than theirs in the dimly lit room despite the light from up above them.

The twelve year old nods his head and starts pushing a few things to the side roughly. The two older ones standing by to help out for Kozue knows exactly what he is looking for allow the boy movement.

"Where did I put it now...hmmmmm" The boy muses and seeing something laying flat, he mutters. "Figures it would have to fall..."

"Well let me try Kozue" Kikyo smiles softly and as his cousin nods his head. She reaches and after a few minutes, she lets out a little whoop of joy.

"I got something!"

"Well then pull it out brat!" Shippo smiles as he manages to avoid a kick from the young woman's feet. Kozue just giggles at their antics and son he nods his head as Kikyo pulls out something that looks even worse than the Tetsaiga but seems to pulse in her hands with a bright white light.

"Yep that's it...but I ain't ever seen it do that before..." He says with a slightly confused look.

"Pull it out and see how it reacts to my presence." Shippo says and to wich Kikyo nods her head.

As she does so it doesn't seem to be much. Just a long narrow blade of plain steel with a simple hilt of jade that has grown filthy over the years, is what that sword looks like. When she turns around, it seems to surround itself with a glowing white fire as it is directed at Shippo.

"I wonder what it does..." They three ask and smile as it returns to normal.

"I don't know but let's head back..." Shippo replies as Kikyo straps it to her waist for right now. "I admit with a new Naraku running around that I am worried about the others."

"You mean Rahnee...." Kikyo smiles...."Rahnee and Shippo sitting in a tree...."

Shippo growls as Kikyo starts to take off in a dead run back for the well house. The doors bust open to her sudden appearance and as she runs past her startled Uncle and Aunt, she waves bye.

"See you guys later...I promise make Daddy visit soon!"

"That's all right!" Souta chuckles as Shippo takes off after his errant adopted sister.

"You get back here brat!"

"I AM NOT A BRAT!"

The family simply shakes their heads as Kozue is seen laughing on the ground as the two disappear and the familiar blue light that flashes from the well signifies that they have gone back into the past.

"Good luck..." Lily whispers softly.

Feudal era...

Kikyo and Shippo, both land back in the bottom of the Bone eater's well only to hear the sounds of fighting.

"What the hell!"

Wrapping his arms around her Shippo once again takes a leap and both him and Kikyo are out in seconds and as they clear the well, they both sigh in relief as Hayek and Rahnee seem to be battling one another with Miroku watching.

"AAAahh you're back...did you find it?" Miroku asks as the two combatants sigh in relief. Rahnee runs to Shippo and pounces on the fox demon to the point they go crashing to the ground.

"OWWWWWWWWW!!!!" Shippo yells at the sudden weight.

"I am so sorry Shippo are you okay?"

"I'm fine Rahnee...it's just...you're heavy!"

"I AM NOT!"

The two bicker and as Miroku simply shakes his head. He turns and watches as Kikyo pulls something from her waist and hands it to Hayek.

"Here...it is your father's sword...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

That's the end of this part...aaahhh happiness...in the next chapter we see what Inuyasha is up to along with Calto and the wolf twins as they escort Yusuke to the Western lands and a possible home with Sesshomaru.....