InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Brother to Brother.... ( Chapter 38 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's time for another update and this story is going great! I am glad that you are enjoying this little story I created thanks once again to Inuyasha Girlie for giving me the idea....Anyway I guess I better get going huh...

Queen Kagome...-I'm updating right now! Giggles...I am glad that you are enjoying it though....

Sexy lady in red...-Ummm....are you sure you are reviewing the right story? Did you mean my Carpathian story? Slightly confused look....

Inuyasha 19912...-Thank you and battle? Won't be one against Naraku for a while....got 6 more nasties to go....

inu-fanforever...-I'm glad that you are enjoying it...just beware of somewhere around 23-26...very sad and depressing....and thank you very much

kyli the wolf hanyou...-I am I am...see here updating!

Dragon Man 180...-That's good and I am glad that you are enjoying it. And if you say so...wrapping arms around neck as far as they go...Whenever you are ready!

Mystic hanyou...-Giggles...I guess you got to read and find out....

Anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters and some have voiced a question...how long will this be...answer...BEATS THE HE** OUT OF ME!

Chapter 38

Brother to Brother....

Inuyasha watches as his nephew holds on to the little demon child with a carefulness. The little boy Yusuke, reminds Inuyasha about himself growing up, just longing for someone to take an interest in him.

The wolf twins slow down as they notice the hanyou's thoughtful gaze upon the other two and simple shake their heads.

"HEY DOG TURD!" They both exclaim. Minutes later they are rushing past Calto and Yusuke towards the palace off in the distance as Inuyasha comes after them.

"GET BACK HERE YOU MANGY WOLVES!"

Calto and Yusuke are practically standing still as he runs by them after the twins who are secretly proud of themselves for getting the hanyou out of his thoughts and putting that energy to better use. Both stumble though into something tall and hard, and as they turn around the twins find themselves looking into a pair of old eyes and long silver hair.

"You got those flea infested wolves Sesshomaru...LET ME AT THEM!" Inuyasha roars as he takes after them and Sesshomaru simply shakes his head.

"Brother...later you may hurt them or maim them all you want. What are you doing here?"

"Father..." Calto comes up moments later and having momentarily forgotten about the wolves, Inuyasha turns to his nephew and helps Yusuke off of his back, to which the little boy promptly hides behind both men. He senses the immense power behind the Demon Lord and is sufficiently frightened enough to catch Sesshomaru's eye.

"Who is that behind you Calto?" Sesshomaru gives a command that brooks no argument.

Yusuke peeks out and gulps. He is more afraid of this frightening Demon Lord, than even of his master and creator Naraku. The power Sesshomaru wields is enormous!

Inuyasha bends down on one knee to the little boy, for he smells the fear in his scent and gives a light growl as the wolves simply watch and Calto waits.

"Don't worry about my brother, little one...he won't hurt you..."

"Are you sure?" Yusuke asks nervously, looking at the cold lord with a frightened gaze.

Calto can't help but feel sorry for the little boy and turns around, "my father has the power to protect you from you master Yusuke. You do wish to be a regular child don't you?"

Yusuke nods his head and Sesshomaru watches impassively. Yusuke still shivers in fright a bit as he slowly starts to step forward.

"I am Yusuke sir....Naraku created me to destroy your brother and the other one who seeks to undermine him..."

"I see and you no longer wish to do what he tells you?"

Yusuke gulps and nods as the sutras seem to hold him in place from his using his power to run and hide as he sorely wishes to do for he feels the power radiating off of Sesshomaru and the others.

"Fine then...I have a job for you and should you do anything other than that job, you will not have Naraku to worry about anymore"

"Yes sir." Yusuke gulps as he can sense the threat behind Sesshomaru's voice. "What would I have to do?"

"Simple...keep company with the Lady of the Western Lands...until she is fully healed."

Yusuke looks slightly doubtful as he gazes up at the Youkai Lord, who has stopped to talk with his brother, he is turn startled when Calto comes up behind him and smiles warmly.

"I shall take you to my mother, little one."

Yusuke nods his head as Calto guides him out of the woods for a moment and he comes upon a grand palace of sorts.

"Is this where you live?"

Calto nods his head and continues to guide in the little boy, and inside Yusuke can't help but look around at all the space and the comforts that surround him. But hobbling forth though is a pale woman, who seems to be on the verge of collapse, to whom Calto rushes to.

"MOTHER!"

Kagura, smiles as her son approaches her, with Jaken ready at a moment's notice to whisk her away. Allowing him, to hug her with open relief upon his face, she wraps her arms around him tightly.

"I am here son and very much alive for right now."

"Did he...did Jaken find the cure!"

Kagura looks saddened as she shakes her hair. The once vibrant black is dull and almost gray with her eyes looking quite dull, but the warmth is true as she places a hand upon her son's shoulders as Jaken speaks for her.

"I did not my Lord Calto, but what I did find is the curse and for which the only cure is death, for the victim, but there were notes inside that detailed of a mixture of herbs that can forestall the disease for a little while."

"So that means...."

"Unless Naraku this time is not only spiritually and bodily killed...I will die..."

Yusuke in the meantime watches this and feels the sadness and a little bit of envy. The fact that he never knew a mother...for he was created without one, makes him wish as he watches Kagura interact with Calto that he could have one very much. Hence he is startled when said woman calls to him in a soft and pleasant voice.

"Come here..."

Yusuke approaches the woman in the silvery kimono and looks up at her nervously. He sees the kind eyes ,which may resembles Naraku's but seem to have a life all n their own.

"So Naraku has created you?"

Nodding his head, Kagura sighs softly, "When will Naraku understand, that he will lose?" Then bending down a little, enough for him to look at her eye to eye, she smiles as she takes in his dark hair and small figure. "Do you know how to play games?"

"Like what?"

"Mahjongg?"

Yusuke shakes his head and Kagura sighs happily. "Then I will teach you!" Kagura turns and the little boy can't help but look curiously at Jaken and Calto with a questioning gaze.

"Do not worry Yusuke....this is her way of relaxing and she wishes to keep her mind off of her illness. That is all we ask..."

"Okay...." He nods his head slowly and then hurries to catch up with the sick woman. In the meantime Sesshomaru approaches with Inuyasha and the wolf twins in tow and looks towards Jaken with a purpose.

"Jaken have you done all the preparations yet?" Sesshomaru says with a steely tone to his voice.

"Y...Y...Yes my Lord!" Jaken replies. "I have it completed and in the main hall as per your orders. It is time to contact Rin who should be waiting on her end, with Kanna"

"Then let us proceed." Sesshomaru starts to walk forward, but then stops as he turns to his brother and the twins.

"Well are you coming?"

"What do you mean Sesshomaru?" Inuyasha growls. The distaste at having to work with his brother still lies heavy in his mouth and yet he doesn't do anything for the uneasy truce they share.

"The spell works two ways. If Rin has done her preparations right, you will be able to speak to your family and loved ones for a short time....for I must speak with Kanna and Rin on the situation."

The wolf twins speed by ahead and as they do so they each grab onto Jaken who sputters with indignation.

"You would do that...." Inuyasha looks at his brother with open surprise and hope.

"You are my brother...I may not like you, but I no longer have a wish to kill you" Sesshomaru replies. "It has been twenty years brother....as much as I would hate to admit it as I am sure you have...we have changed."

Inuyasha nods his head slowly and then walks with his brother. This time they walk neither as enemies nor as brothers...but for right now...as allies. Approaching the hall, they see Sesshomaru walking in as a cloud of mist seems to float in front of them.

The small gathering of demons and soon a picture is formed and they see the heart shaped face as well as the dark hair and eyes of a familiar young woman.

"Rin how goes it with the wolf tribe?" Sesshomaru asks as both Kino and Sakado look at her with a vast hope. She notices them and smiles for Ayame to come forth, with a tired and otherwise very much alive wolf.

"FATHER!"

"Yeah...Yeah...you to I'm fine....NOW CAN I GO LAY DOWN WENCH!" Kouga looks to his mate, who wishes to kick him so hard by that look that the twins chuckle at one another.

"I figured that the twins would be there by now thanks to Kanna's mirror. And this would make not only them fight better, but be able to think more freely with the knowledge that Kouga and the others are all right for right now."

"That is good Rin so the remedy Kanna relayed to you is helping."

"Yes, and as to the defense, here is Kanna to tell you herself"

The wolf twins look and all of a sudden stumble over one another as a white haired vision of beauty steps into the misty picture, clutching a mirror in front of her.

"Greetings, Lord Sesshomaru."

"Greetings Kanna how is the defense of Rin and the wolf tribe holding up?"

"It is fine my Lord; Inuyasha's son has been helping me with much of the fighting."

Inuyasha seems to beam at the thought of his boy, wrestling with the demons as he had done so long ago.

"I see...and how is the Lady Kagome?"

"She rests right now...the medicine doesn't seem to be working as well on her as it does on the demons...."

Inuyasha pales considerably and bolts forward into the picture.

"IS SHE ALIVE IS SHE ALL RIGHT?"

Kanna looks to Sesshomaru subtly and sees the nod of his head as the wolf twins watch with a mixture of pity for Inuyasha as well as awe of Kanna's pale beauty.

"She is at rest Inuyasha. the herbs are affecting her to a degree, but it is as if there is some kind of block upon the medicine to do its job. Rin and myself have talked it over...we think he may have cursed her with the same thing he did the others, but adding something new...it shall take some time to discover it. And it may not be time that we have...."

Inuyasha growls at that, but nods his head. His face becoming blank with anger and hatred for that monster who threatens to take all he holds dear from him once again.

"Thank you Kanna....for being honest...." He growls out and then storms away in a quiet rage. Sesshomaru sensing his brothers urge to kill looks to Jaken and then bows to the ones in the mist his good byes and goes after him In the meantime, all sense or morals being over ridden by instinct, the two twins pounce of the toad as they look into the dark fathomless eyes of their white maiden....

"So Kanna tell us about you?" They both say in unison...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Inuyasha bolts outside and screams in his rage and anger. Sesshomaru simply stands and watches him as the demon inside his brother wants to get out and kill.

"Inuyasha you must control him..."

"Why should I!" He growls out...

"Your mate...your children they need you."

"I can't live without her! I can't live without my KAGOME!"

"Then find him! Don't waste anytime...find him and kill him not just for her or yourself but for all of us. Do whatever it takes this time brother. Even if you have to follow him into the very depths of hell itself...KILL NARAKU!"

Inuyasha turns to his brother, the feelings of pain are mirrored in each others eyes as they seem to come to a common understanding.

"When we strike at the son of a bitch Sesshomaru...I will make sure that it hurts...for both of us."

"Indeed..."

The two brothers share a simple bond. One of revenge against the man who would take away it all that they have worked and earned for and those that gave it to them with all their heart...Naraku....the ageless spirit of the dark himself

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Wow the brothers have bonded finally over a common goal...the need to kill Naraku before he destroys everything. The herbal remedies right now are working and those who have taken ill, have been brought some valuable time...but Kagome hasn't...what is going to happen? Well don't forget to read and review!

Next Chapter...back at the village and the reactions to the sword that pulses a purifying fire.......plus another incarnation makes an appearance....