InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Village nightmare.... ( Chapter 39 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Humming a little tune as she finished her 300 page plus monster and realizes something...this one threatens to be more if not the same amount at least and sighs...oh well....I guess I better get cracking huh....

InuyashaGirlie...-I try to and I do own a fair amount of the DVD's....even if they are from the dubbed series...looks a little sheepish. Anyway I am glad and lets see what's going happen next right?

Dragon Man 180...- Reason being which I guess I should have emphasized....holding on to his neck and get momentarily distracted by the view....Neaaattttt! ......anyway back to what I was saying....the illness is magic born...from what I have noticed the Tenseiga can only cure physical ills or even death, but nothing of magic.... {Problems I have noticed in a lot of shows anime and non anime alike....Can use magic to cure, physical just not magical and you can use physical to cure magical...unless its from death}

kyli the wolf hanyou....-it's all right and I am glad that you are enjoying it

inu-fanforever...-I am and I am glad that you are enjoying it very much

Mystic hanyou...-twenty years can change a person...even if it only a little.....I should know....smiles

I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters in the story

Chapter 39...

A village nightmare....

Kikyo and the others wait in the village for Inuyasha and the others. As they approach Kikyo once again takes out the sword and looks at it remembering Hayek's shake of his head as he turned it down yesterday.

Flashback...

"Here...it is your father's sword...."

Hayek looks as if he wants to reach out for it and then he pulls back and turns away.

"Hayek?"

"Keep it for me....." He whispers softly and somehow that simple soft voice and the tone, allows Kikyo to nod her head, in simple acknowledgement. Putting it back where she had it at her waistband. She steps forward and looks to him with her gold eyes, warm and full of concern.

"I will keep it for you, Hayek....I will keep it till you are ready...."

"Thank you...." He replies as he looks at her. His green eyes reflecting his many confused thoughts and fragile hopes, that she can't help but take him in her arms. For which he gratefully takes in her embrace for which he takes strength from. Miroku and the others seem to beat a hasty exit to the forest edge and waits for them as he draws strength from her as they part, they find themselves looking at one another.

Moving as if closer to his lips and the way they seem to beckon to her, she begins to lean forward and sighs as he pulls away, with great reluctance.

"We had better get going to the village..." Hayek replies shakily and with a quiet kind of need in his eyes. "Your father could be back any day now."

Hurriedly he takes off and as he rushes past Shippo and the others he latches onto the fox Kitsune who seems to be dragged off with protest from a very accommodating Rahnee who had her arms around him as they talked with Miroku.

Looking a little frustrated as does Rahnee as she was finally with the guy she had loved for so long, she looks to her friend with a questioning gaze.

"What happened?"

"I don't know Rahnee....I don't know...."

Flashback ends...

Both Shippo and Hayek had reached the village earlier much to the surprise of their friends in the small town. They had relayed to Kikyo and the others as they arrive that both were fine and to tell them that they went to the river to talk.

As she looks at it, with a curious gaze as it seems like any ordinary blade, with just a fancy jade handle. She had seen work like this before and for some odd reason, Totosai...the demon blacksmith comes to mind.

"I think we have to go see him and see if he remembers this weapon..." She muses and then jumps as a sudden scream comes from outside the hut she was in. Shoving it back into her sheath, she runs outside to see something like a nightmare come to life before her.

"Run child run!" A villager cried out in pain as something smaller seemed to wrap around it and yet Kikyo remains frozen in fear as Rahnee calls for the cats who come running along with Miroku.

"Kikyo snap out of it!" Rahnee cries as she and Tiasma move in and start fighting the smaller ones who seem to be taking the souls of the villagers out of their bodies. Pulling out the giant boomerang, Rahnee sends it swirling through a mass of them to watch them be torn apart, but shivers in fear as they seem to reconnect.

Miroku watches as Kikyo seems to be frightened out of her mind and she just seems to stand there.

"Kikyo...." He whispers softly and somehow, he knows he is not just seeing the one he knows as Inuyasha's daughter....but the one who was once a miko 70 years ago, whose old fears of death are starting to resurface.

Glancing towards the back as Hayek and Shippo come running, Miroku starts to move and yank Kikyo out of the way as Shippo runs by.

"Get her inside she is frightened to death!"

Nodding his head, Miroku pulls Kikyo inside into a neighboring hut and she almost immediately begins to come around.

"Where am I and what's going on?"

"Kikyo....why did you freeze..."

"Freeze?"

"Yes you froze at those soul stealers outside..." Miroku gently whispers and he observes as Kikyo once again seems to tense up. This normally brave young woman seems scared to death of those demons....not that he doesn't blame her. But still why is she so afraid of them.....

"Miroku...."

"Yes....."

"The reason is....I remember...."

"Remember?"

"I remember....that time...when I was....using them...."

Miroku turns to look at the young woman, with confusion and then realization as Kikyo's gold eyes momentarily seem to turn brown and she looks exactly like the undead miko from so long ago.

"It can't be...."

Kikyo slowly nods her head. "She is me Miroku as well as I am her...."

"But how...."

"Maybe another time Miroku....I just can't go out there....I can't....."

Simply acknowledging despite his confusion, Kikyo hugs her legs to her slender body and starts to rock. If she goes out there, she knows she will freeze again in fear. The memories of what it can do...scares her. She doesn't want to die....

Rocking back and forth constantly she sighs almost as if in relief, when a familiar and much needed voice yells. "TETSAIGA!"

"Daddy...." She whispers to herself in relief as the sounds of the wolf twins and Calto joining the rest in battle seems to commence. Meanwhile hearing the commotion, she hears the commotion and the cries of pain from the villagers. She can't help but duck her head into her arms as she seems to rock back and forth at will.

She is surprised though as Hayek seems to be flown through the wall of the hut where she is at as he seemingly wrestles with one of the soul catchers, causing her to shake and tremble with fear as it lifts him up and tries to take his soul.

The sword at her side seems to pulse and pulse with a dazzling white flame as it calls to be used and seeing how he cries out in pain, giving the being a chance to strike, Kikyo pushes aside her fears for one that is bigger. Which is keeping Hayek alive....at all costs

Ripping the sword from her waist she releases it from his sheath and as it pulses a white searing flame, it seems to find its true owner as it flies from her hand and into Hayek's. With a last feat of strength, he thrusts it deep into the creature, which seems to scream as it is turned into a gray ash.

"Kikyo are you all right?" Hayek asks.

"He is more concerned about me...than himself...." She can't help but warm at that and with a shout as he all of a sudden ducks down, she throws a dagger through another one that has found its way to them.

"Thanks....." Hayek smiles and as he starts to take off, Kikyo does something that surprises him. She latches onto his arm and before he has a chance to protest, she kisses him and with such a need for his heart, that he can't help but give.

Parting softly, his green eyes taking in her gold ones with a quiet sort of awe, she pushes him out of the way as she jumps back from falling debris.

"Kikyo....?"

"Just go! Please! My father needs you...if you take out the large one with the sword Hayek, the bigger ones shall fall....!"

Nodding his head, he turns around, but one last time he runs to her and kisses her hard and fast as well. Then he runs and begins to fight alongside the hanyou who is screaming in defiance.

"DAMMIT!" Inuyasha yells. "I can smell that vile bastards scent all over this thing!"

The others rip though the smaller ones with Shippo and Rahnee working together as the wolves use their speed to catch and corral all the creatures into one group. Calto and Inuyasha were staggering a bit as they were battling with the big one as Hayek approached wielding something that was glowing a white fire.

The thing seemed to hiss in hatred as it recognized the dream demon who held up the sword high and it became like a bright blinding white flame and as the others turn away, Hayek jumps in and begins to slice the Soul Catcher which disappears as he runs through into piles of ash.

The souls that its smaller counterparts had capture roam free and search for their original bodies for which they fly too willingly. Eventually as the villagers seem to awaken, Inuyasha and the others approach. Some stare with curiosity at the weapon and others with awe at its immense power.

"Just what is that?" The wolf twins look on in a mixture of confusion and respect.

Turning to them, Hayek responds. "It is my father's sword..."

They all look in wonder at the weapon that slowly seems to die down and Hayek smiles warmly as Kikyo approaches. Her fear is still there as she sees the creature's remains although ashen, she finds the courage to approach and give him the sheath.

"Thank you...." He whispers softly and with a soft tone that she can't help but blush at.

Watching with an open aired curiosity, Shippo and Rahnee look at one another.

"Do you....?" Shippo looks to her with a special smile that is mirrored in her own.

"Yes....whatever she did....it worked...."

Smiling softly, they watch as Inuyasha and the others approach. "We got them all...looking at his daughter and smell the faint tinges of fear; he bounds over to her quickly.

"Are you all right?"

Kikyo nods her head and wraps her arms around the hanyou and shakes in fear. Inuyasha understands as he had seen the creatures known as the soul catchers from a distance and that is why he and the others ran like they did.

"Why are you so afraid....?" Rahnee starts to ask and grows a little frustrated as Shippo clamps her hands over her mouth.

"Do not ask...it is something she will have to share on her own..."

Looking a little confused, but somehow she manages to understand the sentiment. He releases her and she leans back into him as they watch Inuyasha comfort the fear of his daughter, whom he has known for a long time since their journey had begun and did not wish to share when her scent changed subtly....that his baby girl...was Kikyo reborn....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Naraku growls in a rage unlike any that has been seen despite his child body. He has witnessed as once again they defeat him. And that sword, the gold haired one has could pose to be a problem of immense proportions. Roaring in anger, they had defeated the soul catchers that he had specially created to torment Kikyo's reincarnation. He continues to pace when an idea hit him full on.

He starts to chuckle as he grasps onto Nikia's hand and clamps down upon her soul so that other than his own powers eh can draw upon it. He sets about creating an incarnation of a specific person from the past to send the young woman into an unbalanced state.

He begins to laugh cruelly as the figure takes shape and appears wearing her red and white robes. The long black hair flowing, he watches as the pale skin takes on a life of its own and when she opens her eyes a cold and emotionless brown appears.

"Aaaah yes....my greatest idea yet." The boy chuckles as the figure takes a sudden breath and then a course laughter starts to burst from her veins in a voice that has long been missed by the boy and is now emitted from the young woman with Inuyasha.

"Go...." Naraku orders with a smile.

"You are part of me and I want you to find a way to destroy her..." He says pointing to the girl with the black hair and gold eyes.

"Yes Master Naraku..."

Naraku chuckles as she seemingly disappears and then he begins to laugh.....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Well that's the end of this part....smiles and giggles...hope you all enjoy and the first person to give me a guess as to what Naraku is now sending....gets a I don't know but gets something....anyway I got to go...see you all later!