InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Distrust ( Chapter 40 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Time for another update folks and I see you have guessed right and yet wrong at the same time. Giggles...you will see what I mean....this particular incarnation will actually be around for three more incarnations....because she is going to stir up the pot or so to speak for the small gang.

Inuyasha 19912...-He is and he isn't...he's sending a look alike with his essence as he likes to call it in the anime to go after them...I call her my female version of Goshinki...you know the one who broke the Tetsaiga in half.....and you know how much trouble that caused! What will this version do to Inuyasha's daughter Kikyo and her friends?

kyli the wolf hanyou...- I am I am....

Dragon Man 180...-Giggles and then frowns slightly....that was just gross....watching from her position in the world. But correct assessment....gives him a big cookie and loads of hugs....you win...evil clone EVIL CLONE......can you um protect me? You will see what I mean shortly...I promise to be nice and give lots of cookies?

Mystic Hanyou...-Yes years...and as to the old Kikyo...Dragon Man is right...EVIL CLONE...remember this version is part of himself and not part of her as it was with the original Kikyo and Kagome...this is Evil CLONE EVIL!

InuyashaGirlie...-I understand and if you think about it she is the reincarnated Kikyo again....Since when the original soul split two new ones were formed. Just the hero Kikyo got all the memories that well just need a bit of a jump start.....Old Kikyo...well yes and no...giggles....I call her as Dragon Man said EVIL CLONE! You will see...she is about to play for her master a grand act....

Chapter 40

Distrust....

Hayek watches as does the others as Kikyo separates and looks to her father with a questioning gaze.

"You know don't you Daddy?"

Inuyasha nods his head. "I have known for quite some time...."

Kikyo smiles and gives him another hug, for which Inuyasha gladly returns. "You will always be my daughter. Your past life will mean nothing to them."

Hearing his words she smiles and holds him close. "I love you Daddy"

"I love you too."

"What's going on?" Shippo asks as the wolf twins nod their head.

"Yeah what's with all the sentimental bull dog breath...." Kino asks with a smile.

Twitching at those words, Kikyo struggles to hold on to him along with the others as Inuyasha makes a move to lunge for Kino's throat. The others are laughing and smiling the whole time as they end up in a huge pile as Inuyasha breaks free and chases after the wolf with a determined glare.

"GET BACK HERE!"

The tension released the others look to Kikyo for an explanation to her fear. "Why are you afraid Kikyo?" Rahnee asks.

Kikyo looks at her friend wryly, the memories of her past life flowing through her both live and undead causes her to cry. Rahnee looks sheepish and looks around to the others as if asking them. "What did I say?"

After a few moments, Kikyo recollects herself as Inuyasha comes back with a slightly dazed Kino. He nods his head in reassurance and so she begins. "Shippo...smell my arm."

"Huh?" The Kitsune looks confused.

"Smell my arm Shippo...you to Kilala....I think you will find something about me has changed."

Both lean forward, and take a close look, the faces both the young man and the cat makes are priceless as they look at her in disbelief.

"You can't be!" Shippo exclaims. "We wished her to be at peace about 20 years ago!"

"I know....Shippo...I was there...I remember that you had wished that Daddy would remember if it wasn't for him you would be a fur hat on Manten's head."

Shippo looks stunned as Miroku steps back. "You Miroku I remember how you wished he would realize how much of a friend he is to you."

Both of them look on in fear and doubt as Kikyo reaches to reassure them both taking their hands within hers. I remember attacking you and wanting to never be forgotten. But as you saved Daddy...your wishes saved me as well...."

"Still you can't be that Kikyo...." Rahnee and the wolf twins speak up.

"I remember the stories Father would tell us when we were cubs of things that the vile woman had done to Inuyasha and the others back then and to plainly put it you are not her! You can't be..."

"I am Sakado..." Kikyo sits down as she looks lost in thought. "When I ran into the first of Naraku's little friends, he awakened something in me. But still it slept...until...."

"Until....Midoriko...did her thing up here you know...." She points to her head as the others get closer and listen.

"It's been slowly coming back to me since then. That spell I did to summon Gabriel...I never knew it. For a while I wondered, but at the sight of those soul catchers again....it came back to me...all in a flash. I remember and I am sorry...." She looks to Shippo and Miroku who nod their heads as they then reach out and hug her.

"That was then little sister." Shippo reflects with a gentle smile, as Miroku agrees. "This is now Kikyo...back then you were coerced into things that were beyond your control."

"Thanks Shippo."

Kilala simply mews and rubs her body along the young woman's legs in reassurance as does Mirada with this smile of happiness. She mews at everyone with this tone that cause Kilala to frown and the other ones to laugh.

"Did Mirada just reprimand all of us?" Calto asks with a slight smirk.

"I think so...." Rahnee giggles as she holds on to Tiasma to keep from falling down as the cat struggles to keep from doing what appears to be a kittenish sound of laughter.

Mirada looks around from her mistress's legs and frowns at the commotion. She just shakes her reddish fur and then hides as her mother growls a disapproving tone and the mother and daughter are shortly bickering back and forth. As this goes on, Kikyo smiles in relief as a happiness comes over her and Inuyasha just simply looks at her.

"I told you...your past means nothing to them...."

"Thanks Daddy...."

Hayek watches all the smiles and the friendly jibes passed back and forth between those who have become not only his friends but his family. Watching the young woman with her father, he smiles as he catches her eye and she almost automatically puts her hand to her lips and blushes red at the remembrance of the kiss.

Approaching them, Inuyasha gives out a light growl, for which Hayek is about to respond to when Kikyo elbows him in the stomach.

"DADDY BE NICE!"

"FEH!"

Hayek chuckles as Inuyasha flies into the trees to stand guard and Kikyo walks towards him.

"Don't mind Daddy....he can eb overprotective a little.

"A little?"

"All right a lot...but you know he wouldn't even let us this close if he didn't think you cared."

Hayek grins and pulls her into his arms. They both ignore the growls coming from the hanyou as both Miroku and the wolf twins are holding him back and smile as they watch Hayek kiss the young woman with all his heart.

Unbeknownst to them, a woman watches. Her cold emotionless brown eyes seem to spark with a dark flame of life, and her smile seems to mar her porcelain skin. Wearing the red and white robes of the priestess, she turns and walks into the forest as she aims to set her plan in motion.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

The next day...

Kikyo and the others, made ready to leave the village to go and search for Naraku. After packing some items and receiving a fresh case of supplies from the kind villagers. They had started out on their journey with laughter and smiles as the two girls and Miroku once again took to the skies as the rest flew from tree to tree following a pair of twin tornadoes.

As they fly, unwittingly, Hayek stops as does the others, when they begin to hear a scream for help. The three girls looking around as they wonder what is going on, they see in the distance, a woman in red and white robes, being attacked.

Swerving in that direction, the small group heads down that way and as the demon sees them coming; it looks to its mistress who nods her head. Putting on an act of terror, the creature runs as it spies the oncoming and its mistress collapses into a supposed faint with her face towards the ground.

Watching as the demon runs off, Inuyasha gestures for the twins to follow as the others come closer to the woman on the field. Approaching her as the girls and Miroku seek to land, they turn her over and both Inuyasha and Shippo step back in confusion and befuddlement. Hayek as he looks down is also confused as he takes in the woman's seemingly innocent features and as Kikyo lands, she can't help but stand back in surprise.

"Y...Y...You...look just like me!" She exclaims as Rahnee and Miroku both come down. the three cats, sniff the air around this woman and start to growl a little bit, only to be admonished by the men as the woman cowers in fear.

"Do not mind them; they don't trust anyone at first." Miroku smiles and steps forward as he reaches out and touches her cool and yet warm hand. "Who might you be other than her twin...?"

"I am Kyoko, a priestess from a village several days from here." She replied, her voice low and musical, that the men can't help but fawn over her. "I was coming to see the Lady Kagome, and I as well as my fellow travelers were attacked by bandits. As I was fleeing, a demon had caught up with me and as you saw...."

Inuyasha smiles and looks at the woman. The life in her eyes and the way she looks so much reminds him of his sick wife, which he can't help but try and give her comfort. In the meantime, Hayek is simply amazed at her radiance and her calming influence upon him and the others, much to the annoyance of both Kikyo and Rahnee, who seem to growl in displeasure.

"I don't like her Kikyo...my gut is telling me she is going to be trouble...."

"I agree Rahnee; she makes me twitch for some reason."

The two girls and the three cats look warily as the demons circle along with Miroku around the fallen woman. All are unaware of the other demon watching them and smiling as it runs to report back to its master.

The demon look alike of the miko from seventy years ago smiles softly at the men as they offer to help her, when she spares a glance at the one with the gold hair and gazes at him in supposed adoration.

Just like the one she was created after years ago, she will take and destroy the man that this girl loves away from her. Then Master Naraku, will truly be able to destroy everything.

As the girls make the motion to get back upon the cats, she fakes a sound of fear as the girls launch into the air, and although Kilala growls in displeasure, Miroku waits.

"Come and join me Lady Kyoko?"

"NO...I really don't want be up there...I am afraid I might fall."

Miroku nods his head. "As you wish, but still allow us to escort you to the others in your caravan?"

"Certainly, but since most of you are obviously faster than me can I trouble you for a ride?" She asks sweetly looking to the others especially Hayek.

Hayek nods his head and turns his back allowing her on and she smiles as she climbs up against him. Inuyasha watches a little wary now as he hears the faint growl of dislike coming from his daughter.

"I wonder...." He muses, but as he approaches and takes a careful measure of the scent around Hayek. He emits a low sound of reassurance for his daughter to hear and the growl turns to a low whimper of gratitude.

His instincts are coming in to high gear now and he yanks the fox by the tail, causing Shippo to yelp in displeasure and glare at the hanyou, as Inuyasha gestures for the others to go.

"We will catch up."

They watch as they go on ahead and Shippo looks curious as Inuyasha seems to wait for something.

"What is it....?"

"Watch out for Hayek....Kikyo doesn't trust this Kyoko person"

"She doesn't. We just met her though."

"I know that...and you do...but when I heard Kikyo growl, somehow.....I can't quite explain it, but I took another look and now something about Kyoko..."

"Rubs you wrong?"

Inuyasha nods his head and Shippo looks thoughtful. Then turning to the Hanyou, he nods his head.

"I will do what I can Inuyasha, but it won't be easy if yours and Kikyo's instincts are right."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

That's the end of this part and I hope you all like it....her name may not be Kikyo for the EVIL CLONE, but I thought Kyoko sounded close enough. Anyway folks don't forget to REVIEW!