InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Jealousy ( Chapter 41 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I am doing great folks. This is one of my personal favorite stories that I have written now and there is so much I can do with it! Anyway I better get cracking huh....

InuyashaGirlie...-Yep it would have been odd, but don't worry her role will come into play soon enough...

kyli the wolf hanyou...-Thank you and I am glad that you are enjoying it

Dragon Man180...-He did, but haven't you ever heard about the nature of feminine wiles? Naraku was very charming in the show, I mean look how he tricked Sango as the charming and ever so handsome Lord Kadowaki without her realizing it was him? So who is this incarnation to say she won't be charming and sweet and yet a deadly you know what at the same time....smiles...gives you another cookie and snuggles up to you as she types....

Inuyasha 19912...-No...he used his memories of the past to recreate the Kikyo then to cause trouble with the Kikyo now....what better way to destroy a cohesive group then to throw a wrench in the works....

InuGirlTeen...-It happens, and I think it is probably because Kikyo albeit a reborn, reborn Kikyo is the center and not Kagome.....but it does not matter to me....what has surprised me though is I haven't received any flamers for it.....I mean it's Kikyo and a lot are not to thrilled on her....

Anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters involved in the story.....

Jealousy...

Kikyo watches and seethes as that woman sidles up to Hayek with a smile. Trying not to yell at her to get away from him, she unconsciously jabs a stick deep into the fire burning herself in the process.

"OW!"

Expecting to see Hayek's hands as someone races over to her, she is surprised when Sakado, one of the wolf twins, takes her arm to look at it.

"Are you all right?"

"I'm fine Sakado, I guess I just got a little..." She drifts off as Hayek seems to laugh at something Kyoko said.

"Jealous?" The wolf replies and Kikyo can't help but nod her head. "I know I shouldn't be, but I don't like her...at ALL!"

Sakado looks at the young woman, for whom he has come to have a great respect for. She is a good fighter and holds much power for them to access in their battle against Naraku and his minions, since his rebirth. But ever since the other woman has come in to the picture, she has become more tense and withdrawn as she watches her sidle up to the dream demon.

Standing up all of a sudden, she looks to Sakado with a questioning gaze. "Care to take a walk with me...I need to get out of here."

Surprised at this, he nods his head and follows her as she exits the camp.

Watching all those out of the corner of his eye, Hayek growls a little bit, as Kikyo goes off with Sakado. He is about to get up and follow, when Kyoko places a hand upon his arm and smiles.

"Tell me more about yourself?" She looks at him prettily and with an innocent smile. He looks into those eyes and the face that is so much like Kikyo's that he can't help but nod his head. He thinks to tell himself that she would never betray him with another, unaware that the woman beside him is planning on having him betray her.

Kyoko watches and smiles as the one with the ability to destroy her master walk away with the wolf. She could see the anger and the hatred in the young woman's eyes and the gold flashing with twitches of red.

Convincing Hayek to stay with her and the others in the camp was easy, for she was extremely sweet and kind when she wanted to be. She also made sure to hide and mask any scent or connection that tied her to Naraku, for that would be the end of her if she was discovered. Smiling as Miroku, Calto, and the other wolf Kino approach to chat with her, she plays the innocent and continues on as she sends a though to one of the demons in the surrounding area to attack.

Inuyasha observes as his daughter walks off with the wolf, and Hayek starts to but is halted by that woman Kyoko. He now agrees with his daughter's sentiments as both he and Shippo observe along with Rahnee and realize that something wrong is going on.

"This isn't good Inuyasha" Shippo says quietly as he watches from below the hanyou's perch in the tree. Rahnee nods her head in agreement, for she could see the pain and jealousy reflected in her friends eyes as she gazed at the woman's obvious manipulation of the handsome man.

"I remember all the stories that she would tell me while she trained with us, the feelings she had for him were strong."

"So she has liked him for that long...." Inuyasha whispers and Rahnee nods her head. Both of them had tried to talk to Miroku earlier, but were never quite given the chance until now as he gets up and approaches them.

"Why do you not come and join us?" The monk asks. "She feels as if she is becoming an outsider."

The others remain silent and then Rahnee speaks up as what the other two would say will surely sting.

"Papa look around, where is Kikyo?"

"Kikyo?" The man replies and then turns he doesn't see her or the other wolf twin around and dawning realization starts to appear on his face. Memories of the past coming into play as what once happened to the mother, is now happening to the daughter.

"My god..."

Inuyasha looks to his friend and nods his head. "It seems history is trying to repeat itself monk...."

Elsewhere...

Kikyo walked with Sakado in silence. Lately he has been there for her much like Shippo, in the form of a protective older brother. Although he is the quieter of the twins he still has his moments.

"Well now....We are all alone, care to go take a bath?" He smiles slyly and impishly.

"SAKADO!" Kikyo yelps in surprise, but seeing him crack up, she can't help but smile at him. "You've been hanging out with Miroku to much."

He laughs as the two walk and then quieting down, he looks to the young woman. "You really don't like her do you?"

"Kyoko?"

"Yes."

"I suppose I should like her considering we just met...but something about her. She just rubs me wrong."

"Could it be your jealousy talking?"

"Ay first I thought it was that, but the feelings never went away and lately I have been having these dreams....more like night mares...."

"Oh? Tell me about them."

"I don't know if I can." She replies. "It is more like a feeling and not a actual picture. I just know that it feels cold and empty....."

Sakado listens to her and then stops as he twitches with an uncontrolled instinct.

"Sakado?"

"We have to get out of here..."

Kikyo is about to say something, when he shoves her out of the way just as he is tackled by something large and heavy. She turns to watch as Sakado wrestles with a bear demon, which looks and feels familiar to her sense. Wishing she had her weapons with her, Kikyo starts to run for help as Sakado is flipped over on his back and clawed along his side.

But seeing the pain, she starts to scream for her father, to help as she runs with her powers to try and jump on the demon's back to help out her friend.

"DADDY!"

Back at the camp...

Inuyasha is watching and shaking his head, when both he and Shippo jump at the same time at the faint scream, they hear.

"Kikyo's in trouble!"

At those words Hayek stands up and is about to run when Kyoko, calls to him and the others.

"Please stay? I don't want to be alone here..." Hayek looks troubled and sits back down causing Inuyasha to growl in displeasure which sends fear up the demon's spine.

"So pup are you coming or not?" Inuyasha asks with a deliberate tone.

"Someone has to stay here and look after Kyoko I am sure Kikyo would understand."

"Fine then... Miroku you stay here with them along with the cats and Calto." Inuyasha orders and looks to Kino. "Your brother was with her..."

Kino jumps up and begins to run off into the distance all else forgotten as Shippo and Rahnee go off to help as well. In the meantime, Inuyasha looks to Hayek and says one thing.....

"Remember Pup, I said If you did anything to hurt my baby girl I will kill you outright" He then leaves to go and help Kikyo and Sakado as he chases after the others to do battle with whatever is attacking.

Hayek simply looks stunned and confused at that last sentence from Inuyasha. Ignoring the fact that the hanyou called him pup despite their obvious age difference, he wonders what he meant by that statement. Kyoko on the other hand despite her innocent smile, her mind seems to smirk in victory.

"Master...the threads have begun to fray"

In a palace far away, belonging to Nikia, Naraku smiles and clasps his hands together in glee.

Back to Kikyo and Sakado...

Kikyo jumps onto its back, trying to invoke her miko powers, but can't concentrate as it tries to buck her off. Sakado watches as his friend fights to help as she screams louder and louder for help, when he hears it.

"HIRAKOTOSOU!" Rahnee screams out loud as her boomerang flies through the air and the demon, jumps out of the way as Kikyo comes flying off his back and lands in her father's arms. Kino runs forward and pulls Sakado out of the way and opening their connection, he takes some of his brother's pain as his own and winces.

"Where's Hayek and Miroku?" Kikyo screams as she takes the dagger that her father offered her and infuses it with her powers. As the demon moves to charge them, with all his strength, she stops in shock as Inuyasha answers.

"She wanted someone to stay with her and Hayek volunteered."

"He volunteered...." Kikyo whispers dumbfounded and saddened. Then with anger as she watches Shippo and Kino both thrown from the demon as it arches forward, she seems to glow pink and throws the dagger, which the demon narrowly avoids only to successfully swipe at her with its claws, and glee in satisfaction as they strike flesh.

"KIKYO!" The others scream and before she could fall, she is caught and taken away by a hurting Sakado, who saw what was happening to his friend.

Thanking god, that despite his injuries, the wolf managed to catch his daughter, Inuyasha's eyes seem to flash red and he pulls the Tetsaiga out and it changes.

"You hurt my daughter! WIND SCAR!" He screams.

The blades run towards the demon who shrieks loudly and in agony as they explode through his body in a bright light. Hayek and the others hear this and run towards them. His thoughts focusing on the young woman, with the gold eyes, and as he catches her in the wolf's arms, bleeding from across her belly. He growls in possession, "MINE!"

The wolf twins growl in response as if saying. "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN SHE GOT HURT!"

He moves as if to shove them aside as one cradles her to him and the other moves to protect his brother. But is stopped when the Tetsaiga is at his throat....

"Back off Hayek...all of you! BACK OFF!" Inuyasha replies out of the need to not only diffuse, but to protect his daughter.

Turning to Sakado, he gives a growl of paternal concern, for which the wolf nods his head and hands over the young woman, to her father. Looking to Rahnee, who runs over with bandages they head back towards camp as Kino looks after Sakado. Hayek simply stands here confused, unaware Kyoko watches and smiles. The alienation has begun....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Not good....definitely not good....she is tearing the group apart. Hayek and a few of the others are still to dense to realize what she is doing to them. Can they wake up before any chance to defeat Naraku is ruined forever?

Don't forget to read and review!