InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Pain and Betrayal Part 1 ( Chapter 42 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wow...time for another update folks and I hope you are ready for it. Poor Kikyo, getting hurt and Hayek being oblivious to Kyoko's manipulation is not good for the soul....is history truly repeating itself...only time will tell....

Mystic Hanyou...-I hope he wakes up as well and just why it is that men become morons with a pretty girl, especially one that is psycho I will never ever understand, and by the way...thanks.

Dragon Man 180...-He is smart...somewhat...he knows something is wrong now in his relationship with her...he just doesn't see what it is...anyway snuggles up to him and wonders if dragons like a scratch behind their eyes as she ahs read about begins to rub right there.....hands him another cookie, because these next few chapters are going to be heartbreaking and she is going to need all the support she can get....

Inuyasha 19912...-Giggles....yes Hayek will regret and will learn the hard way....as to the other part...I will pass your sentiments along to Kikyo

InuyashaGirlie...-What better way to hurt her, than to repeat the past and make Hayek forget she is there, if even for a moment, long enough to take her away from him and make her vulnerable and the others to his planned vengeance. See what you did...you have created a monster of a story...giggles....you know some people are actually telling me that this is great and wondering why no one else reviews? You should give yourself a pat on the back woman for giving me the idea.

DemonJon15...-Why thank you...I think?

Anyway folks I am in a great mood and decided another update...but after it I might be depressed, because prior warning...this will either make you cry...or want to kill little ole me....

I don't own Inuyasha, but I do own a host of other characters in this story

Chapter 42

Painand Betrayal Part 1...

Kikyo winced as Rahnee tended to her wounds once they got back to camp. The battle with that bear demon was hard, and normally she should have been able to aim perfect, but she knows she had other things on her mind.

"He volunteered to stay with her Rahnee...." She whispers sadly and almost heartbrokenly to the young woman, who bandages her side.

"Don't think about it Kikyo, I am sure he will come next time." Her friend replies. "I mean you two are like the perfect couple."

Kikyo remains silent and lost in thought as the others join. Rahnee is soon finishing her up though as Kino, brings in his brother for her to look after next, she looks over and catches Hayek's eye. He is about to say something, when she notices Kyoko come up to him and she can't help but turn away as he turns to talk to her.

Hayek is hurt, when her golden eyes look away from him. He almost doesn't realize the woman, who holds on to him with a carefully innocent glance, which seems to look at the woman he loves with a smile of a malevolent victory. Turning to her as she seems to talk to him, he smiles warmly and oblivious to her plot as Kikyo once again sees him, hoping and ends up crying silently as he becomes oblivious to her pain.

Sakado witnesses this quiet exchange as Rahnee bandages up his wounds and both twins seem to look at one who they consider a good friend in disgust. As if daring him to come and attack them, the twins go to Kikyo as Rahnee finishes up her treatment of the two and deems them done.

She turns to Shippo, who smiles as he takes her in his arms and then turns bright red and she seems to commence with her fascination of his tail. Not that he minds in the slightest. Miroku watches them along with the fire cats as if trying to make sure his daughter doesn't decide to do anything foolish.

Miroku knows he can be a bit of a lecher and admits he is a poor influence for men when it comes to the handling of women. But he does realize, that the one part of him that wouldn't be passed on to his children, was definitely passed on to Rahnee. So he keeps a careful eye on her, so as to make sure, she remains pure and honorable....besides Sango would kill him, if she returned home in anyway but that.

Inuyasha on the other hand was on guard with Calto, who unlike the others had known of Kyoko's manipulation of the party since the beginning and only hung out with her as if to keep an eye on her. He can't quite place it, but something tells him she is related to Naraku, yet she is also a dead ringer for his cousin. (pardon the pun)

Keeping his thoughts to himself, he stands on guard with his Uncle as they camp for the night, yet he watches their small party and wonders, with Kyoko in the midst how long will their cohesion last?

Hayek, talks with Kyoko, not realizing that as he does so she is weaving a spell of doubt and uncertainty in the young miko's heart concerning her love for him and his for her. She knows that she won't have to do much now to seal the fate of the pair, who could destroy her master and his mother.

She seems to gloat almost as Hayek seems to twinge at the sight of the young woman who is in the company of both wolves and is hurt when she deliberately avoids looking at him. Looking at Kyoko and then getting up, he looks down and smiles at the woman.

"Forgive me I must go and talk to Kikyo."

Nodding her head, Kyoko seems to gloat as he approaches said young woman and the two wolves seem to balk at his intrusion. But soon that feeling is extinguished as Kikyo nods her head and the pair seems to leave, getting up to follow them, the others don't seem to notice as she quietly slips away.

In the forest....

Wincing a little bit in pain, Kikyo clutches her side and as Hayek tries to put his arm around her, she pulls away.

Turning to look at him, she can't help to see the visible hurt in his eyes and his surprise at her expression which seems to mirror his own.

"Kikyo, what is it what have I done..."

"You haven't done anything...." She whispers.

"I know but..." He starts to say and doesn't finish, before she once again interrupts him. "No Hayek...you haven't done anything. That's what you have done...."

Hayek looks confused as she walks away from him, his love for her is evident yet the confusion stands tall as she enters a clearing and sees a full moon in the sky.

"You know Hayek....when I was away I would often look up at the stars and make a wish...."

"A wish?"

She nods her head softly. "Yes. I would often wish...what does it matter..."

"It matters to me Kikyo...." He whispers.

"Funny...you have a weird way of showing it." She responds bitterly.

"What is that supposed to mean!"

"I see you let Kyoko hang all over you Hayek....you actually laugh with her....you never did with me...you smile that same smile that I thought only I could do...."

Hayek looks confused at her words. "Kikyo, she is just a friend nothing more...."

"Then why am I not sure about that anymore Hayek?" Kikyo replies softly. "You seem to want to spend more time since she came into the group with her, than with me."

"Kikyo...I"

"Don't....Hayek just don't...." Kikyo whispers softly as he pulls back hurt. "I wanted you to come...come and help me and Sakado with that demon...but you didn't Hayek...."

"I thought you would understand..." He whispers softly.

"I do Hayek...but there were others here, who could have looked after her...why did you?"

Hayek looks blankly at her and she shakes her head. Looking up at him, she senses the confusion and the fact that he doesn't understand bothers him greatly.

Walking past him, she winces as he grabs onto her arm and stops her.

"What about that kiss we shared? Didn't it mean anything?"

Refusing to answer him, she walks away and leaves him there in the clearing alone. Hayek seems baffled as he struggles to understand the hurt and anguish he is feeling as her back is turned.

Ready to chases after her, he is stopped as Kyoko approaches him with tears in her eyes. Thinking that she had heard him, she approaches him and looks into his green eyes.

"Am I only just a friend?"

Hayek is about to respond as Kyoko leans forward and all of a sudden kisses him. Surprised at the feel of her lips, Hayek pulls away, but it is too late at the gasp of pain and betrayal he hears.

He turns around; to see that Kikyo had returned and he watches as she now flees in a heartbroken pain.

"KIKYO WAIT!"

Hayek goes after her. Kyoko simply smiles as he chases after the young woman who goes even deeper into the forest. A satisfied smile on her face as a demon appears by her side.

"Leave him alive...but kill her...."

"Yes Mistress..."

"One last thing I want him to watch...for I will have one come after me as well and I want him to be to late to save her..."

The demon nods its head and then disappears in a flash of light as it seems to jump and pursue them. Calmly, she walks after them, and smiles as she begins to set the stages for the deception that will tear them apart.

In the meantime, Naraku watches this and smiles evilly as his incarnation uses the charm he blessed her with to drive a wedge between the key of hope and the spirit of light.

"Good work my dear...good work..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~

AN old tactic but tried and true...I am stopping now, because what I will write for the next chapter will take some time, because I will more than likely be bawling my eyes out...sniffs....so warning ahead of time. Anyway....don't forget to read and review and have a box of tissues with you....