InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Pain and Betrayal Part 2 ( Chapter 43 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Updates...Updates...Time for another one right folks and do be prepared I aim for this one to be heart breaking.....

falling-miko...-Thank you and I don't mean to....sniffs...think it was easy writing it out? I hate sad moments.....curls up with her brand new Kilala plushie....got it at a store by my house....and I promise I will take a look later

Inuyasha 19912...-He could. But you know...I think the spirit of said person has to be willing to come back.....and he will but will it be to late?

Dragon Man 180...- Giggles and scratches some more, and well he is but he is more willing to admit it then Inuyasha you have to give him that much....but like I said never underestimate the power of the feminine wiles.....

sassycracker...-thank you and I am glad that you are enjoying it....

InuyashaGirlie...- Well that was the idea silly. Kikyo is reborn and not as psycho undead you know what Kikyo, but as the Kikyo she should have been. Good, Kind and very much alive. Now it is up to Hayek and the others for her to remain that way

Inu Youkai Ears...-Why thank you and I am glad you are enjoying. If I had to pick a story to be published it would more than likely be this one. This is not a crossover or anything and is completely my own ideas and experiences to a degree. I do wish your friend luck though so until next time I do hope you enjoy my stories.

kyli the wolf hanyou...-Thank you and I plan on it....

InuGirlTeen...-I tried to email you back girl to let you know but I kept getting it returned, so I don't care if you decide to put this story on your site all right. I don't mind in the slightest and you are most welcome

Sapphire...-Soon and thank you...

All right folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters involved in this story (A.N the song involved here will be an old one but a good one that like the song Against all Odds early which I called Midoriko's song...I kind of call this one Hayek's song of pain and regret....Careless Whisper by George Michael when he was with Wham!

Pain and Betrayal Part 2

Hayek took after the fleeing young woman as fast as he could screaming her name. The pain in her eyes is the only thing driving him on for he loves her so much that it hurts him.

"KIKYO WHERE ARE YOU!"

Looking around as he tries to find her, he reflects on the past few days. The pain in her eyes as her words is reflected back at him as he had chosen to stay and watch over Kyoko rather than help her.

~Time can never mend the careless whispers of a good friend

~To the heart and mind, ignorance is kind

"You haven't done anything...that's what you've done." Her words repeat over and over in his mind and he can't help but look at the past few days. So many times, he wanted to hold her and to kiss her, yet he didn't. Especially since Kyoko, joined them, it has been as if he is confused. But he knows he loves Kikyo.

Watching her though since, Kyoko has been busy talking with him and out of kindness he had stayed to listen and comfort her. A slow dawning realization starts to come upon him as he realizes what she meant by having done nothing.

~There's no comfort in the truth

~Pain is all you'll find

~Should've known better

"What have I done?" Hayek whispers to himself in a mixture of confusion and horror as his heart is still filled with doubt towards the whole situation that he can't help but deny it still. He doesn't want to admit, that she may have had a point and that he neglected the signs of her need of his reassuring words and the warmth he reserved for her gentle soul.

Running even faster as he screams for her name, he doesn't realize that soon he will be forced to make the biggest choice in his life as two demons approach from different directions. One heading for each woman with a murderous and malicious intent, their mission is to attack and destroy.

~I feel so unsure

~As I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor

~As the music dies, something in your eyes

~Calls to mind the silver screen and all its sad good-byes

Kikyo runs for all her might away. That image of them kissing is forever going to be imprinted upon her mind and it breaks her heart.

"It meant nothing...NOTHING to him...."

Running through the forest, the doubt and fear of her heart from the past life is slowly being amplified, with the pain of this one. She becomes oblivious to the creature following her...

~I'm never gonna dance again

~Guilty feet have got no rhythm

~Though it's easy to pretend

~I know you're not a fool

Hayek realizes that something else is wrong in the forest when its creatures have gone silent. He begins to run faster after the young woman, who is hurt and in pain. The image of her eyes, her beautiful golden eyes, filled with countless sorrows haunts him.

"KIKYO WHERE ARE YOU!"

His green eyes seem to flash red as the demon in him grows frantic, with pain and rage.

~Should've known better than to cheat a friend

~And waste the chance that I've been given

~So I'm never gonna dance again

~The way I danced with you

Kyoko smiles and senses the demon following her and its intentions. She had made a deal with these two a long time ago in another disguise to attack her, and her supposed twin. She will destroy the key of hope and make sure Hayek never has the strength to battle her Master. She simply continues on and bides her time waiting until she is close enough to where he can hear not only her scream, but Kikyo's as well.

~Time can never mend

~The careless whispers of a good friend

~To the heart and mind ignorance is kind

~There's no comfort in the truth, pain is all you'll find

Kikyo runs and runs. She knows he follows her, but she can't even bear to look at him, at least not without seeing him...kissing HER! The pain in her heart becomes even stronger as the past life's memories seem to reflect the misery.

"I know how mother felt now....hurting...." She whispers as she collapses to the ground. the tears streaming down her cheeks as she curls up into a fetal position.

~I'm never gonna dance again

~guilty feet have got no rhythm

~Though it's easy to pretend

~I know you're not a fool

Hayek continues to run shouting out Kikyo's name when he hears them. The screams are of not one but two women, one from behind and the other up ahead. Both sound alike as they scream foe help.

"KIKYO!"

"HAYEK HELP!"

"WHERE ARE YOU KIKYO?"

"I'M OVER HERE!"

Hayek is running towards the sound of one who sounds closer and whom he hopes to god is Kikyo. He needs her so much to forgive him....

~Should've known better than to cheat a friend

~And waste this chance that I've been given

~So I'm never gonna dance again

~The way I danced with you

Kyoko screams again as she dodges. The danger is evident, and she hides the smile as she hears someone running towards her. Masking her voice as she screams again to sound like her enemy, she takes a blow to the head and just in time to see gold hair and green eyes running.

~Never without your love

Hayek notices that it is Kyoko who is in trouble and sees her out like a light. Unaware that she is simply faking it, he fights the urge to grab her and run after Kikyo. Thinking of doing that he starts to lift her and she winces in pain as she puts her hand to her head in supposed agony.

"You can't be moved...we need to find Kikyo...where is she!"

Hayek leaves Kyoko's side as he barely manages to avoid getting hit and takes on the demon by himself. He can't leave the woman by herself defenseless....

~Tonight the music seems so loud

~I wish that we could lose this crowd

~Maybe it's better this way

~We'd hurt each other with the things we'd want to say

Kikyo screams again for help and heard the answer as she avoids the swinging claws of the demon in front of her. Already in pain from the injury before, she manages to roll out from under the creature as his fists narrowly miss connecting with her side.

"HAYEK, ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!"

Managing to avoid the hit again, she soon finds herself lifted out of the way as another runs into the demon hard and fast.

"SAKADO!" She cries out and the wolf demon smiles warmly. Then handing her off to her father, who had heard the screams as she came closer to their camp, he joins his brother Kino in battling the demon as Inuyasha cradles her to him.

His eyes are flashing red as he senses the pain and the tears flowing from her cheeks.

"I warned you Hayek...I warned you...."

~We could have been so good together

~We could have lived this dance forever

~But no one's gonna dance with me

~Please stay

Defeating the demon, Kyoko starts to come around and Hayek looks at her.

"Think you can stand up?"

"Yes..."

Trying to stand up, Kyoko allows her legs to feel week and she shakes her head. "Then again maybe I can't."

Hayek sighs and is now picking her up gently as she seems woozy; he begins to run towards the sounds of the other battle going on a far distance away. He is unaware of the smile Kyoko has and the picture that she weaves with her look of victory as she begins to lean against him as if craving his arms.

~And I'm never gonna dance again

~Guilty feet have got no rhythm

~Though it's easy to pretend

~I know you're not a fool

As the wolf twins work together as a team and defeat the demon with ease. Inuyasha cradles his daughter close to him and hugs her.

"Are you all right Kikyo?"

"I don't know Daddy....my heart...it hurts...."

Inuyasha hears her soft words and growls in anger at the one who approaches with the other. The picture in front of him explains it all as he observes the pair approaching. Watching as one he almost considered being a son, shrinking back a bit at the warning tone in his voice as he seems to be hesitant to approach the angry hanyou and the circling wolf demons.

"I warned you pup...I warned you what would happen" He growls as the wolf twins seem to mimic his sounds with warnings of their own. They watch as he puts the other woman down and approaches the young woman with them.

"Please Kikyo...." Hayek tries to explain, as he reaches out for her only to have her pull away.

"Don't Hayek"

~Should've known better than to cheat a friend

~And waste the chance that I've been given

Hayek looks at her with his green eyes filled with a pain that mirrors her own and she wants to comfort him. But the image of Kyoko and him kissing is too much to bear. Watching as her father starts to withdraw Tetsaiga and it transforms, Kikyo reaches out just in the nick of time.

"DADDY DON'T" She yells and the hanyou looks at her. He gives little sounds of anger and concern in the language of the Inu Youkai for which she responds to. This seems to go on for a few minutes and finally the elder man nods his head and puts the Tetsaiga back in its sheath.

Turning around he looks to the twins. "Escort my daughter and the other back to camp!'

Nodding their heads, Sakado picks up Kikyo who has fallen to the ground in pain. It seems during her battle, she had gotten clawed on her leg. Kino looks to Kyoko, and is offering her his back, which she demurely declines as she seems to almost smile in victory.

~So I'm never gonna dance again

~The way I danced with you

As they watch the others leave, Inuyasha growls at Hayek in pure and intense anger and his scent seems to shift to that of a demon and Hayek senses the struggles deep within the elder man.

"I should kill you for the pain you put my daughter through."

"I wish...I wish you would." He replies softly. "So why don't you."

"Because she asked me not to...Stay away from her..." Inuyasha growls and Hayek looks up sharply.

"How am I supposed to explain...-"

"EXPLAIN!" Inuyasha roars. "Explain that you have been hurting her since that woman came into our group. That you seem to have paid more attention to her than to my daughter who claimed to care about and the kiss....Even I thought you loved her and believe me watching you with Kyoko as you came up was enough to give me doubts Hayek."

Hayek looks down and the sadness and pain in his eyes are evident. Looking at the hanyou he continues to listen as Inuyasha delivers his verdict.

"Don't come near me or my daughter again. If Kyoko wants to stay with you fine. We will leave the two of you some supplies for you to escort her back. But you come near me or her again and I will let my wife and Kikyo purify me out of existence and with pleasure for I will KILL YOU!"

He in turn leaves the demon and joins the others at the campsite leaving a very much alone Hayek in the forest with his pain and the knowledge of what he has done.

~(Now that you're gone) Now that you're gone

~(Now that you're gone) What I did's so wrong

~That you had to leave me alone

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

That's the end of this part...I though the song suited the mood just fine and well I hope you all enjoy it. Don't worry though Hayek hasn't quite left them yet...Can't tell you why though....but he will be trailing them to protect the woman he loves.