InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Heartbroken Past Part 1 ( Chapter 44 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thank you very much and I am sorry folks for the long wait. I just found out I may or may not be moving shortly I shall try to keep you all posted on the details as I continue. But my family and I have been talking and there is a little bit of dissension among us all. If I do move it would mean a long wait in between stories in a while for which I hope you all forgive me. I haven't moved yet though so I shall try to update as often as I can until then okay?

Sapphire...-Thank you and I am glad that you are enjoying it....

Mystic Hanyou...-I know how much and sorry about the negative, but it was the plan and Kyoko is carrying it through for all it is worth

InuyashaGirlie...-Thank you and I thought so as well. Trust me though Hayek is still very much in the story....he just had to find a way to win back their trust and most of all Kikyo's heart.....But I think he will be a little more observant from now on....

Dragon Man 180...-Giggles I think he kind of agrees and well it will not be as easy for him, because we all know Inuyasha. One whiff of Hayek from his nose and the boy is flying through the trees...so to speak.

Inuyasha 19912...-Thank you and I am glad that you enjoyed it

kyli the wolf hanyou...-Thank you and its called Careless Whisper by George Michael when he was with Wham in the early 1980's

Kimi89...-Thank you and I am glad that you are enjoying it

InuGirlTeen...-You are most welcome and I am adding it now...

inu-fanforever...-Yes Hayek may be oblivious but he will still play a role, but it will be a more wary and alert one...as to why they are so blind and stupid...I don't know....and as to why they can't sense Naraku...she is masking it and disguising it with something else to disarm them you know....

kikyoisevil...-thank you and I am glad that you are enjoying it

Kikyo2713...-Thank you very much and I am sincerely glad that you are enjoying it

tainted miko...-thank you and I am glad that you liked it....and I admit I do wonder what happens to all of you when I don't hear from you guys...smiles

Chapter 44

A heartbroken past Part 1...

It has been two weeks since Inuyasha had banned him from rejoining his friends and the others in their quest to beat Naraku. They had escorted Kyoko to where the caravan was supposed to be to search for any survivors but instead, they had found nothing but ruins. During this time he mad sure to stay downwind and as far as he possibly can from Inuyasha's senses for he knew that the hanyou would keep his word.

But still just watching her move, and smile once again was worth it. He still feels himself twinge in jealousy as he watches her and Sakado continue to get closer. Sakado often smiles and touches her upon the arm and he resists the urge tremendously, to run and kill the wolf demon.

"She is mine..." He constantly repeats to himself, with a fevered passion and yet he doesn't do anything to change the situation. Her face from that day still haunts him as a nightmare. Her tearful expression and the sadness and pain, he can't help but look away now.

"I love her..."

Turning away, he jumps down from the trees unaware that a certain fox has heard that sound, and is currently wandering over.

"Shippo?" Rahnee calls out curiously as her and Kikyo are busy negotiating something with the wolf twins.

"Thought I heard something..."

"Need help?" Inuyasha responds as the others look at him.

"I don't think so....but hey Miroku!"

"Yes Shippo?"

"Why don't you come with me?"

"Certainly..."

The monk gets up and nods his head in polite acceptance. The two go deep into the woods following a demonic trail that Shippo seems to be tracking and looking at the signs. Miroku as his backup, frowns thoughtfully as Shippo seems ready to pounce upon something when he is held back.

"Don't Shippo?"

"What?" The Kitsune asks in response. "We have a demon following us why shouldn't I?"

"I sense no malcontent. I don't think he or she means us any harm."

Shippo is confused at this statement and nods his head. Miroku seems to sense something and it is familiar. Deciding to test out his theory Miroku turns to the kitsune with a sly smile.

"Go on back to camp."

"No"

Miroku looks at him with an arched brow and Shippo seems to back away. It is a look that he knows all too well since Miroku is tightening the hold on his staff and Shippo can see him doing so out of the corner of his eye.

"Fine, I will go but not back to camp...I will be within range if you need me."

"Agreed Shippo"

Miroku watches as the Kitsune goes off and waits until he is out of hearing range when he quietly turns around and looks up.

"You can come out now Hayek...."

"How did you...."

Miroku simply shakes his head and gazes at the demon with an open curiosity. The gentle smile and wisdom of his years as a monk have paid off for Inuyasha, maybe now a new one needs his advice and guidance as the gold haired demon slides out of the tree with ease.

"So why have you been following us Hayek....?"

The demon says nothing and looks away. His eyes still are filled with pain and Miroku can't help but stand next to him and place his hand upon his shoulder in comfort.

"Just wanting to keep up with you guys....even though Inuyasha has forbidden me to join you again, I want to be there...if you need me..."

Sensing the hidden truth in his words, Miroku says nothing. He knows that Hayek will tell him in due time, turning to the young man he offers a gentle almost fatherly smile, for which Hayek takes some comfort.

"Is that all Hayek?"

"What do you mean?"

"You love her don't you?"

Saying nothing, explains it all to Miroku who senses with his intuition the trouble that lies within the young man's heart.

"You are scared aren't you?"

"Scared...scared of what!"

Miroku watches as the demon seems to almost pulse with fear and confusion at his weakness and Miroku shakes his head.

"Whoever she was hurt you badly didn't she...."

Hayek turns away and simply looks out into the woods. Memories flying through his mind he seems almost in further pain as they focus upon a time....a time before he met the hanyou and his family...especially Kikyo, who in her innocence had healed his heart and gained his love.

"It was the year before I met Kikyo, Inuyasha and the others when I met her and her family"....Hayek whispers softly and begins his tale."Her name was...Ruriko. And it turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes of my life."

Flashback...

"AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!" A young woman with dark hair and blue eyes screams as she runs from the demon chasing her. Her fear is evident on her face as she narrowly avoids getting hit from the side as she dodges one of its claws. Screaming again as she gets closer to her village Ruriko, hesitates but a moment as she avoids tripping over a log, which cost her dearly.

"I've got you now!" The demon snarls and seems to lick its lips as it whirls in front of her.

Being the smart young lady that she is, Ruriko thinks fast and without think lashes out with her foot and kicks him. Turning around she once again begins to run as if her life depended on it.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!"

Continuing to run, she hears the crashing of feet behind her, which spurs her to only move faster as she flees looking for anyone who can help her get away. Suddenly though the crashing stops and she hears the sounds of a battle in progress. Turning around almost scared of what she is about to see, Ruriko is stunned by an amazing sight.

Behind her is the same demon that was chasing her before. But now fighting it is something with shining gold hair. She can tell it is male and for some odd reason her heart begins to pound. Watching as the two seem to turn around, she gasps almost in silent fear. It seems it was another demon, one that was battling the one chasing her and flipping it over his head this other guy was winning!

Continuing to watch for several minutes, all sensibility seems to go out the window as Ruriko drinks in the sight of him for her and the gold demon light surrounding his form. Finally sighing in relief as he seems to win, Ruriko smiles as he kills off the one who was pursuing her and she looks up shyly.

"Thank you"

"You are welcome Miss..."

"Ruriko..."

"Ruriko...Ruriko...how pretty" He smiles at her. "My name is Hayek and I am passing through here"

"Oh? Where are you heading....?"

"I don't know yet...." He replies. "I was running through when I heard your screams and I just wanted to help."

Ruriko smiles as she takes in his features and those green eyes that remind her of the forest. "Please come with me...allow me to repay you in some way for helping me escape?"

"I couldn't impose..."

"No I insist....you have saved me."

"You don't mind that I...."

"Are a demon? Well....I learned a long time ago due to the stories of the Shikon Jewel that not all demons are bad."

Hayek smiles as the seemingly innocent Ruriko takes his hand and pulls him after her. Following her closely, Hayek is pulled into a village about an hour later and the tension that enters the air at the sight of him is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

"Ruriko! Get away from that demon!"

Watching as she turns around and confronts an older woman, who resembles her slightly, Hayek is relieved when said girl speaks up.

"MOMMA! I will not I feel I owe him some dinner he killed the demon that was chasing me!"

The older woman looks up at him and Hayek wisely doesn't say anything at all. He then observes as she once again turns to her daughter and slowly but surely speaks.

"He saved you?"

"Yes Momma..."

Turning to the gold haired demon, Ruriko's mother looks almost reluctant as she gazes up at the young man with a mixture of fear and wariness. "I would like to thank you....could you please stay for dinner?"

"I do not want to impose upon you..."

"Hayek!" Ruriko whirls on him with a slightly annoyed look. "You will stay and at least have dinner with us! I insist!"

Hayek looks at the mother almost helplessly and the older woman can't help but reluctantly smile as her daughter seems to run ramrod over him and starts dragging him.

"Give it up...if I know my daughter she is stubborn...."

Hayek simply nods his head and follows the girl inside along with her mother. The villagers watch and eventually one by one go about their business. A demon who rescues humans isn't as odd as they once were. The stories of Inuyasha and his friends have made their rounds and well that have decided to let it go, for it was that half demon who saved their Lord's soul. They still do not trust as some of them have decided to stay and keep an eye, yet...they will see.

The village remembers the last time they allowed one into their village in open arms and how he had taken over their lord and nearly destroyed them all, in its quest for power...

"Poor Lord Kadowaki...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Okay folks this part is done...like I stated before I shall try to update as often as I can but if I move it will be hard and long and it might take weeks. I still don't know yet, but it will be resolved soon...I hope.... Anyway....Can anyone tell me who Lord Kadowaki is...he was on the anime and he had a small but important role.... First one to tell me gets a reward....I have been thinking of a new character....a girl who will be a demon...haven't quite picked it out yet, but I am already planning on pairing one of the wolf twins with Kanna....ain't telling which one though...heh....this girl is going to join the party and play a role in the next few chapters as Kyoko is about to bite the dust soon.....giggles.....anyway first one to tell me who he is gets to pick her name, and what kind of demon she will be. So until then Read and Review!