InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Heartbroken Past Part 3 ( Chapter 46 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Time for another update if I can before the storm hits...heh heh heh...Anyway folks I am glad you are enjoying and don't worry some of you have asked questions about Gabriel's sword and the others and they will be coming back after this chapter is done for the story will once again resume, but alas some of you have also expressed more of an interest in Hayek and more into who he is and well the fact that he is slightly messed up when it comes to women...well I wanted to explain his reasons why.....

Sesshomaru4eva203...-I'm sorry, but he did not intentionally do it...Kyoko pulled the old one two on him remember? As to the sword, Hayek still has it, it was meant for him anyway and soon someone will come to help him understand.....

inu-fanforever...-Yep you haven't been the only one expressing their curiosity at just who he is.

Inuyasha19912...-Yes...has to be done to understand Hayek's view guys...he didn't intentionally mean to do what he did...it's just well...he's like Inuyasha....oblivious to certain things....

Rayne-Aqua...-Too late for that particular part and as to the more....keep reading....smiles

Dragon Man 180...-Well I will keep my mouth sealed and as to the new demoness...within the next few chapters....

InuyashaGirlie...-Got it and will do....and I don't about the ears part...will think about it though okay? Still glad though that you are enjoying the story...smiles....

Mystic hanyou...-I don't know how quite to explain it...but that said it perfectly...I bow to you

kyli the wolf hanyou...-Nope just someone possessed....

Anyway folks I don't own any of the characters from Inuyasha in this story but just about everyone else I do....

Chapter 46

A Heartbroken Past Part 3

He smiles in a cruel delight as he watches the unsuspecting young woman and her mother move around. Looking up, he notices the demon working on repairing their roof and making it waterproof, so that they inside remains dry. It has been about three weeks since, he and the others had met and their plan was set.

The villagers had started experiencing little accidents here and there when any of the three were around. People in fact were all ready starting to suspect them and were grumbling every time they came into sight. Others though were still stubborn and refused to believe it. They simply chalked it up to mere coincidence.

But they wouldn't after today and he would make sure of that himself. He simply had to bide his time and wait. Eyes flashing a momentary red as if possessed, he stepped back into the shadows and continued to observe.

"HAYEK!"

The gold haired demon stops and looks down at the perky young woman who looks up at him and hands him a sandwich.

"You haven't eaten yet so I hope this helps..."

"Thanks Ruriko...."

She smiles warmly as he begins to eat and soon he pauses as he catches her staring at him.

"What?"

"Nothing...just watching..."

"???"

Ruriko giggles at the perplexed look on her face and stops as she hears her mother calling out to her.

"RURIKO!"

"Yes Momma?"

"Come child we must go to market..."

"Why?"

"We are running out of a few things. I must go to purchase some more."

Unaware that Hayek is listening; he hops down and steps in.

"Please allow me to fetch." He smiles as he approaches. Taking the basket from the elder woman, who smiles in gratefulness? "You and Ruriko have much to do, and I have just finished with the roof."

Nodding her head, Hayek bows and leaves the small home, unaware that he has just given someone who watches an opportunity to make his move. Looking to the others with him, he nods his head and shortly they make their move.

One hour later....

Hayek is returning with the items that the elder woman had asked for, when he pauses at the door of the house, he grows hesitant all of a sudden. His instincts as he was approaching had kicked into high gear and somehow, he can sense something is wrong...very wrong. But yet, these people have been nothing but kind to him, and so he decides to ignore it as a bad feeling as he pushes open the door, only to be greeted by the sight of emptiness...

"Hello....?"

Looking around and seeing nothing he takes in the sight of the small home in disarray and frowns slightly.

"I remember this was clean....."

Taking a closer look at the mess, he notices a small pile and he starts to panic at the prone form of Ruriko's mother laying there. the blood gushing from her head as well as other parts of her body.

Rushing to the older woman's side, Hayek immediately sets to trying to bind the woman's wounds as best he can, when Ruriko comes through the door along with a couple of others and they just look in shock as Hayek from his ministrations and the proximity to her body, has given the illusion of something else entirely.

"Hayek....what did you do?" Ruriko asks as she backs away fearful. She remembers the stories of Naraku who had destroyed their lord in a quest for power. Unaware of the smiles being exchanged from the two beside her Ruriko, backs away as he approaches her with his hands and part of his clothes covered in blood.

"It's not what you think Ruriko...."

"Hayek stay there and tell me...d...d...don't come any closer." The young woman squeaks out. Her mind and thoughts focused on the woman on the ground who is barely alive and the demon between them.

"Ruriko...I didn't do anything...."

Looking almost fearful as memories are still fresh, the two beside her move and pull out their weapons and they are aimed at the demon's heart.

"Come with us...."

Ruriko, turns around on them and gestures for them to put their weapons down. "Is that necessary?"

The two men look stunned at one another momentarily as she almost glares at them with a purpose and reason in mind. Turning back to the demon in their midst, she decides to speak slowly and calmly as her mother's teachings seem to focus into her and at full force.

"Please, I do not know what to believe, but if you go with these men, who can take to the village....and put you under guard, we can wait and see what my mother will tell us as she comes around."

"And if she doesn't?" Hayek asks.

Saying nothing, Ruriko simply stares at him, with a warm and yet at the same time cold and aloof expression, that nearly freezes him in his place. Acquiescing to her quiet demand, Hayek, bows and the two seem to smile at one another in glee. The demon is now in their grasp and the plan so far is going smoothly.

Taking him out of the small home and then walking towards the main part of the village, Hayek is surprised when he is all of a sudden surrounded on all sides by some of the villagers who glare at him angrily.

"HOW DARE YOU!"

"YOU ATTACKED A HARMLESS OLD WOMAN!"

"WE ALLOWED YOU TO STAY AND WORK WITH US!"

Many comments were thrown at the demon and he sound found himself being beaten by what felt like hundreds and hundreds of fists upon his body. The pain going through his nerves was astonishing to say the least and he can feel the blood roaring to the surface and yet the demon who screams to be let out is pushed and pushed until is dormant once more.

As he is pummeled, others watch and look away afraid to interfere with the so called punishment. They all know that he is innocent for one has been boasting of what he had done no more that about twenty minutes ago and now he simply waits for his friends to bring the demon into the town, where he had promised to hurt that vile creature who had soiled their village.

Throwing punches left and right, the small group of men finally stops after about fifteen minutes and then proceeds to take him towards a solitary hut to be guarded. The blood is flowing down the demon's form, but already you can see it at work healing his wounds and cuts, yet the pain of what has been done will be in his eyes for a while.

Throwing him in there Hayek is shortly wincing again as newly healed cuts scream out at him in pain and he can't help but yell.

"Serves you right you filthy demon...."

Leaving the figure in their alone, the men close the door and congratulate themselves for what they have done. In the meantime, Ruriko is running towards them her face in tears and anger as she approaches them.

"WHERE IS HE?!"

"He is in there...." The men smile and Ruriko pulls out a knife and starts to run past them, but they halt her. The anger and hurt on her face is evident as she struggles to go through.

"Let me go! He has to pay!"

"What happened....?" The men look at one another curiously.

"She's dead!" Ruriko cried out as she collapses to the floor. "My mother's dead!"

The two men look at one another in horror almost. Even though it was part of the plan to hurt either this young woman or her mother, they didn't think it was right still to kill them.

As he is watching from a distance, the one eyes flash red momentarily and smiles as the other two does the same. In a false comforting tone, they look at the young woman with an almost sad pity and sneer at her.

"What should you be complaining about?"

"Your mother deserved it!"

Ruriko looks up and in horror as the two seem to advance on her. "What.....?"

"Demon lover!"

"What do you mean she deserved it and I am not.... I am not...."

The two approach and chuckle evilly. Their eyes glowing almost with a red haze, that Ruriko notices. Turning around and running, she hears the fact that she is getting chased and is soon tackled to the ground.

Ruriko screams as both men seem to laugh at their success and capture of the young woman and are soon dragging her back. But as they approach, they look at her and another idea begins to take shape. Summoning the other men, Ruriko over the next couple of hours is put through a literal hell....and then eventually she to embraces the blessed darkness.

The men watch as their victim passes out from the pain and gaze down at their handiwork. The battered and beaten body, with its clothes torn off, should prove to be quite a reminder to those who would welcome a demon in their midst. The faint breathing in her young form shows she is still alive, but they know she won't be for much longer.

"What just happened should serve as a reminder to those who would welcome a demon into our village."

Now dragging the prone figure out of their hiding, they parade her figure around the village and demand that all come out and watch. The pain and fear are evident on the faces as families and loved ones of these men twinge in fear.

But the village does not know that is being watched by someone who sees and yet cannot.

Walking softly and staying carefully hidden in the camouflage of the forest, she taps her staff and the dragon that rests as still as stone itself seems to awaken.

"Go my friend...we have arrived too late for her, but we can save him...."

The dragon nods its head and flies off, but as it does so, it starts to shift and become a child like figure. Seemingly innocent in appearance, the child skips along and soon is approaching the hut where, Hayek is kept under guard.

"What's in there?"****

"A demon child....one who could hurt you!"

"Hurt me?"

"Yes....."

The child smiles and continues to distract the men as its Mistress circles the village and begins to hum a spell. Approaching the hut where he is kept, she watches as it seems to stretch out and become thinner, until finally the wall parts for her.

Hayek in the meantime is watching this and his face is saddened by the emotions of betrayal. He had heard Ruriko's screams and can't believe that she would think she thought he would hurt her mother.

"Come....."

Looking around as he heard that voice beckoning to him...he in turn sees the portal opening for him and the woman that stands there.

"Come.....you have a destiny to fulfill...."

"What about Ruriko and her mother...."

"It is too late for them....her mother is dead and Ruriko will be shortly.....Come....you don't have much time...."

"Dead? I have to help them and save them from that!"

"It will not make a difference Hayek....."

He looks at those seemingly blank silvery gray eyes and looks out angrily. "We have to do something!"

Shaking her head almost, the woman sighs and then as if by magic, she pulls the demon out of the hut and then placing her hand to his temple she starts to chant softly.

See what I have seen know what I know....

Hayek starts to yell in pain, as he witnesses the pain and degradation of Ruriko through the eyes of the young woman, and as much as he wants to deny what she is showing him, he knows it to be real.

"Why....why would they do that?"

The woman smiles kindly as she starts pulling him and he follows her as they run. After she gives a low whistle, the child that was distracting the guards, takes off and runs into the forest, shifting and changing gliding back to its Mistress, and guarding their back as it erases their trail.

Waiting for but a few moments, she in then turns and points out a direction. "Run that way, Hayek...there you will find those that you seek."

"Not until you answer my question!"

"Why....it is human nature to be controlled...." She smiles gently. "Now go young one, my friend and I will go a separate way should they follow....GO!"

Nodding his head as he then turns in the direction, he begins to run, but soon stumbles over a sight that causes him to stop as he gazes at the body on the ground.

"R...R...Ruriko...."

Rushing to the young woman's side as she barely breathes; he tries to staunch the blood, and is stopped by her hands, that wrap around his.

"Don't...." She smiles weakly. "Forgive me?"

Hayek nods his head at her quiet whisper. She smiles softly at him, with warmth and sadness. Placing her hand to his cheek weakly, she whispers. "For a short time I loved you...I am sorry...."

Watching and hearing her words, Hayek is stunned by her admission and as her hand falls away from his cheek.

"Ruriko....." he whispers softly and then he becomes alert as he hears the sounds of the villagers, yells.

"THE DEMON HAS ESCAPED!"

"FIND HIM AND KILL HIM!"

Laying the young woman's back down and upon the ground, Hayek's eyes seem to almost glow with a red rage, which he struggles to control. Finally winning the fight against his anger and temper, Hayek begins to run and leaps into the trees with ease. Staying up there and masking his presence, by giving off the dream illusion of nothing there, he watches and waits. Looking over the body of the young woman with an almost deep and profound sadness, he twitches as those who had caused it approach.

He watches as they pause and look down upon Ruriko's body and they just kick it to the side or step upon her features as if she was nothing but the dirt. He resists the urge to jump and to hurt those who had demolished the young woman, because of her friendship with him. Watching as they continue to further demoralize the young girl, despite her now being dead, Hayek twitches his hands and the golden light of his aura as he can resist it no longer as one prepares to soil the body, with things unimaginable.

He jumps out of the tree in a rage as he howls for vengeance. Those villagers look on if fear and begin to run, but deep down they know it is to late as Hayek starts to pick two up by the backs of their neck and throws them near twenty feet into the trees where they land hard. His instincts kicking in to high gear, he circles the one who he sense to be the ring leader of this so called human mob...

"You did all this you bastard!"

"What are you going to do about it hmmm....?" The man chuckles his eyes flashing red momentarily and Hayek growls in anger and hatred, at the sight. Rushing one another the two seem to be locked in a battle of wills as they fight. Neither one giving up the fight or the battle to the other as the struggle, but somehow just as it was about to break, Hayek's demon aura flares once again as if boosted by something deep within his own body and as it happens the man he wrestles with seems to scream in agony and pain.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!"

Watching as the so called villager dies as Hayek thrusts the body away, the ash of his form falling away as he becomes dust.

Hayek in an almost cold and emotionless voice as if he is not actually there responds....

"Purifying you...demon"

Those who were in the trees despite their states watch and soon the glow from their eyes of red fades, but leaves the memory of what they had done to the two women and the demon who had meant no harm. The pain and horror on their own faces at their actions, causes them to tear at the horror of the crimes.

"Sensing their awareness, Hayek turns and in the same passionless voice, he whispers simply one word... "Remember"

He then in turn leaps to the trees and the bushes and vanishes.

Flashback ends....

Looking at Miroku who had listened throughout his story with a thoughtful look, Hayek ponders the events that had led him up to this.

"So one of the villagers at the time was a demon...."

"No...That is what is odd....he was human and yet....I haven't figured out how....I purified him..." Hayek responds. "I don't even remember how I have the ability I mean...to purify other demons?"

Miroku gently responds with words of wisdom and the memories of conversations earlier. "Maybe it is not to purify demons Hayek, but to purify the souls of evil, that you can do...." He replies with careful words. He does not yet himself understand how a demon could have the ability to purify others, but he knows that he needs to believe he will not hurt Kikyo, or Inuyasha or any of the others of demon blood.

"You think so?"

Miroku nods his head as he pats the shoulders in reassurance. The demon seems to almost visibly relax with the monk's words and hence, he has considerably less tension than before.

But still...confused and extremely thoughtful, Miroku looks toward the camp and the thoughts of Kyoko flitter through his mind. Keeping his theories to himself, Miroku then turns to the young demon who is still confused over the matters of his heart and of his bloodlines.

"In time Hayek you will figure it out, but in the meantime you have given me much to think about...."

"I have?"

Miroku nods his head and as he prepares to leave, Hayek whispers a request to which he regretfully answers.

"I can not Hayek....I am sorry....."

"I understand...."

"I must return now to the camp and before Shippo comes looking for me Hayek...it would do us no good if you were caught....."

"I know and Miroku...."

"Yes my friend?"

"Thanks for listening...."

The monk nods his head and then with a smile he turns and leaves the demon that has vanished into the trees.

8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8*8

That's the end of this part and I hope you all liked it. Sorry it took a little longer than what I had intended but still I hope you enjoy and get a little deeper into Hayek's psyche and abilities all right...bye for now and don't forget to read and review!