InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Return of an old friend....Part 1 ( Chapter 48 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Time for another update.....humming a tune, right now it is a slow and quiet day don't have to be at work for a few more hours and well now it is time to do my thing....

Inuyasha19912...-giggles....wow....I think you love it...smiles....Thanks and I am updating now

kyli the wolf hanyou...-yes he will be eventually but new character will once again play a role in it....

inuyashaloverforever1...-Smiles I am glad that you are enjoying it

inu-fanforever...-When...in a little while, but right now...Inuyasha is still fresh from his anger over the whole Kyoko incident and you know what will happen then.....

InuyashaGirlie...-Yeah he has been....I think that is why he is drawn to Kikyo...despite the fact in this life she is somewhat happy....in her past life she was sad and lonely.....just like he was....a kindred spirit you know...but don't worry things will be looking up for Hayek eventually...especially when an old friend comes to pay him a call....

Rayne Aqua...-By now hopefully you have read the answer to your question around chapter 15 or so...I think?

Eru-kun...- Inspiration? And I sorry....wouldn't want that to happen....

Anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters involved in the story....

Chapter 48

An old friend returns....

She hums a little tune as she taps her way through the forest. The staff with the dragon on top seems to sing along with her in a soft crooning melody, to help her find away. Stopping for just a moment, she cocks her head as if to listen and then abruptly turns to her right and continues walking.

"My friend it is time...they need us."

A soft quiet chirp from out of nowhere is her only response as she continues to walk deep into the shadows and eventually she disappears.

Back at the group...

Kyoko grins as she watches Kikyo and one of the wolves grow closer to one another. As long as Hayek can't worm his way back into Inuyasha's good graces, she is safe and so is her master.

She fakes a smile as Calto approaches her and groans in frustration as he is the one she truly desires. Being the future Lord of the Western Lands has given Calto a direct advantage out of this small group of men and she has tried every trick in the book to get him to fall in love with her. She has even tried her magic, and that didn't work. It was like he had some kind of resistance to her spell.

"Why can't I get you interested.....?" She mutters to herself as she gazes up at his handsome figure in adoration.

The subject of her desire looks down at her as if sensing her staring at him and turns away. This simply frustrates her to know need and the result is her power seems to flare a little about, and she barely manages to mask it in time when Miroku seems to perk at the fluctuation.'

"Did anyone just sense that?"

"Sense what Miroku?" Shippo replies as he and Rahnee, curl up with the cats.

"I could have sworn I felt something....."

"Feh monk...you must be feelings things." Inuyasha replies.

Hearing those words, Miroku's gaze narrows on his friend for over twenty years and the others can't help but laugh as the hanyou seconds later is rubbing at the back of his head, as Miroku' s staff had connected with an unerring accuracy.

"I do not...feel things Inuyasha...I sense them..."

Not able to resist and knowing its going to earn him another whack, Inuyasha quips with a cheeky grin across his face. "So just like you `sensed' Sango all those times...."

Miroku's staff moves and the hanyou narrowly manages to avoid the hit only to have it land upon Kino's head. The wolf yelps with surprise and whirls on the monk and hanyou with a furious gaze.

"All right who hit me?"

"HE DID!" Both men said in unison. The situation seems to make everyone chuckle as the two leaders and oldest members of the party, save Kilala, act like children.

"You started it monk..."

"I intend to finish it to!"

Watching in amusement they all laugh as the monk chases the hanyou around and therefore are caught off guard when a figure approaches them.

"Hello..." A soft and musical voice speaks out and they all turn to greet the woman who approaches. Her dark hair seems to shine in the light and her pale skin is only emphasized by the silvery gray dress that she wears. Holding nothing else, they all in turn see the staff that she carries and is much like Miroku's in all retrospect except for one. The Dragon that sits on top seems the pulse with a holy light and it seems to sing.

"Greetings Miss...." Sakado replies, his green eyes curious.

"We shall save the names for another time..." She answers before he even has a chance to continue. "Right now I sense that you are searching for something...."

"How did you know?" Rahnee asks curiously.

"Magic ...." The woman replies and as she steps into the light, they are all startled as a pair of black spotted ears arise from the top of her head. They seem to twitch every so often and as they look close, her eyes all of a sudden open and they shiver almost in fear.

"Your eyes...."

"Yes...it is the price I pay for guarding the staff of Dragons. They have gifted me with not only its use but the power of foresight."

"Then what brings you here..."

"She does..." The woman says pointing at Kyoko, who has all of a sudden grown nervous and begins to back away for right now she, is sorely at a disadvantage.

"What do you mean.....?" The others ask all around her.

"All of you are such fools...." She replies and begins to chant a spell and they all watch as the dragon seems to cock open an eye. Rising up on its heels, it launches into flight and begins to attack the woman who shrieks.

"Stop it why do you attack a harmless woman??!" The others yell as they rush to the aide of Kyoko.

"Harmless?" She snorts..."open your eyes you fools...she has been playing you all from the start...she is one of his..."

"One of who's?" Inuyasha asks as a wicked gleam comes into his eyes.

"Naraku's...."

"I am not..." Kyoko tries to deny, but already she prepares a spell for as the other woman approaches, so does Inuyasha, with his hand upon Tetsaiga's hilt.

"Yes you are...." The woman replies. "The staff has shown me...I have seen your creation...your plan...and your hatred for all"

Inuyasha pulls out Tetsaiga's hilt and much to the surprise of everyone involved, it changes as it is wielded against Kyoko, who smiles now with intent.

"Well now I guess the secret is out..."

Summoning a fireball behind her back, Kyoko throws it at them and Inuyasha turns the Tetsaiga's blade to deflect its course away from the group. The dragon of the staff roars in its anger at the attack made against its Mistress and grows significantly larger in size.

"You all are such fools..." Kyoko smiles wickedly as she releases the masking spell she cast around them all. Her scent is full and obvious as one who wishes them their death. She starts a summoning spell and the woman with her staff steps forward and begins a counter spell of her own.

In the meantime Hayek watches the situation exploding and pulls out the sword that once belonged to his father. He is prepared to use it as he watches the woman whom he thought was good although annoying attack the ones he loves.

Racing down to the ground, he recognizes the one with the staff as the same woman who saved him before from those villagers. Unfortunately before his very eyes as well as the others, she buckles down and struggles before collapsing as Kyoko smiles in triumph.

Inuyasha whirls at the scent of the young man and growls in warning. But not before the strange woman whispers something softly....

"It opens...."

A portal opens to a realm of fire and chaos, gazing into the pits of hell itself, something just inside lurks and begins to crawl through as it recognizes the one responsible for his being there.

"Naraku gave me a power to bring back the dead...." Kyoko says slyly. "Inuyasha I believe you barely escaped him last time, you tried to fight him....he wishes for a rematch...." She smiles as the portal closes behind the one that was summoned.

At these words she walks away as the dragon like creature chuckles evilly. Those it looks down upon will feel his revenge and its hate.

"Daddy...." Kyoko and Rahnee whisper, as the two men freeze and they have no recourse but to pull them away. A gigantic fire blast strikes the area only seconds later. Avoiding the strike again, Inuyasha and Miroku as well as Shippo shiver in fear at the one who they have not seen in many years. Not since the discovery of the Backlash Wave has this being been seen. Looking around to the others, who circle, as if trying to determine a place to attack the demon. They can't help but be startled at the one word that escapes Inuyasha's lips.

"Ryokotsei"

Ryokotsei, the one who killed Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's father, the great Inutaisho, and nearly destroyed the hanyou himself, this demon...is one who can kill them all without even trying....

"EVERYONE RUN!" Hayek screams as another blast is aimed straight for them.

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 888888888

That's the end of this part folks...sorry it took a while but I have had some last minute great ideas on a couple of other stories...heh...anyway happy reading and do enjoy!