InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birthday Wishes ❯ Surprises Around Every Corner ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was another crisp fall day. All the animals and plants were preparing for the oncoming winter. One child seemed oblivious to these changes as she ran around a small toad like figure.

“Quit that running girl, you’re making me dizzy!”

“But Master Jaken it is such a beautiful day!”

“It is not a beautiful day it is a chilly day!”

“Come on Master Jaken try to catch me!”

“You foolish girl! If Lord Sesshomaru were to see you running around like this he would be terribly upset. Lord Sesshomaru would pick you up and take you to the nearest human village!”

This statement caused a smile upon the toad’s face and a frown upon the young girl’s. The toad’s smile didn’t last long as he was punted across the field and straight into a rather large tree.

“Lord Sesshomaru, you’ve returned! I have missed you!”

“Rin, have you fared well?”

“Uh-huh! Lord Sesshomaru, do you hate it when I run around? Master Jaken said that I annoy you and that you’re going to take me to a village and leave me there!” Rin exclaimed through teary eyes.

With that said, Jaken received a you-better-watch -your-step glare from Sesshomaru.

“Rin, you mustn’t listen to Jaken. You must understand that only kind of threat he gives is an empty one.”

After that statement Jaken slumped to the ground and Rin went about the fields picking any remaining flowers she could find.


“Kagome, come on! You’re always the last one ready!” An angry hanyou exclaimed.

“I can’t help it InuYasha! I’ve got to repack all the ramen that I bring for YOU!” An equally angry teenage girl yelled.

The village was always aware when either InuYasha or Kagome were mad. Usually because if one was mad then chances were so was the other. The village only went about their business as the two shard scavengers argued about their usual trivial matters.

“Come now InuYasha. You mustn’t yell at Kagome. Afterall, she is the one who takes care of the cooking.”

As usual the young monk was the one to break up their petty squabbles, but as usual his wise words were wasted and fell on deaf hears. The only response Miroku would ever receive from InuYasha was the unavoidable…

“Keh!”

And as we all now InuYasha is not the wisest when it comes to emotions whether they’re his or Kagome’s. So of course he missed her obvious anger and annoyance that crept into her aura. InuYasha being the oblivious hanyou he was chose to continue his little rant.

“Don’t stick up for her, Miroku! Why should we all have to be patient for that WENCH when all she does is get in the way during fights!”

“InuYasha…SIT”

All that could be heard after that from InuYasha was a very loud thump that echoed throughout the village. But once again the village was prepared. All the men had pity written across their faces while the women gave scowls to their husbands seemingly saying, “He deserved it.” All the children giggled as Kadae and Shippo shook their heads.

Sango was the first one to say something. “InuYasha you should have known better than to provoke her. Will you ever learn?”

Eventually the group headed out of the village towards a probable lead to a shard.


The shard group eventually made it to the village only to discover that there were no signs of any demons or jewel shards.

“Oh man, I’m exhausted.” Shippo said with a yawn.

“I guess we should try to find a place to camp.”

“Now, now Sango allow me to speak to the village headman. I’m sure I can persuade him to allow us to stay with him.”

“How would you do that Miroku? Tell him that there’s an ominous cloud above his house?”

“Ah Sango you know me so well!” Miroku exclaimed with a ‘congratulatory’ rub on her bottom.
A resounding SMACK could be heard throughout the tiny village. All the villagers stopped to stare at the strange little group.

“You pervert.” Sango said.

All Miroku could do was smile and rub the tender skin on his cheek where a red handprint was beginning to form.

“He’ll never learn.” Explained Shippo.

Kagome and InuYasha could only nod in agreement.


A sniffing sound woke Kagome from her comfortable bed in the Headman’s house. Kagome sat up and looked to where InuYasha was, only to discover him gone.

‘Where could he be going so late at night. There aren’t any demons around, are there? No he would have told all of us.’ Kagome thought.

Kagome quickly got up at slipped her brown school shoes on and ran out of the house. She followed InuYasha until she saw Kikyou’s soul stealers.

All Kagome could say was, “No” as tears started welling up in her eyes.


“InuYasha, I’m glad you came to me.” The dead priestess whispered.

“Of course I came. I was worried about you. I haven’t seen you in awhile.”

“InuYasha, when will you fulfill your promise to me?”

“Kikyou, I can’t yet.”

“Is it because of Kagome? I’m not surprised. She has won over your heart.”

“Kikyou, Kagome will always hold on to a part of my heart, but not the part you hold on to.”

Kagome sat behind a bush and listened to their conversation. She couldn’t say she was surprise, because she wasn’t. This had been going on for a year almost.

‘That’s right,’ she thought. ‘My birthday’s coming up. I’ll be sixteen in two weeks. It’s also technically InuYasha’s birthday, too.’

“So, you do love her?”

“Of course, but not in the same way as I love you Kikyou. I love Kagome as a sister and I can’t just cast her aside. She’s done so much for me.”

“I think I understand InuYasha.”

‘That must have been the warmth I felt from Kagome when she was carrying me. If she hadn’t helped me I wouldn’t be standing here with InuYasha right now. How can I expect InuYasha to hate her when I can’t.’ Kikyou thought to herself.

Kagome was shocked. She could feel her tears running down her cheeks, but somehow it didn’t seem so bad. InuYasha and Kikyou weren’t hateful towards her and InuYasha did love her even if it wasn’t the type of love she wanted from him.

Kagome slowly and quietly stood and tip toed off into the woods. She knew exactly what she needed a nice long walk through the woods to clear her mind.

‘I knew my bow and arrows would come in handy. There’s no way I would walk into the woods, in the dark, by myself without my weapons.’

Kagome disappeared into the woods leaving the two lovers to catch up in private.


‘Lord Sesshomaru sure fights a lot. I wish I could go with him. I love watching him fight!’ Little Rin sighed.

Rin hated being left behind with Jaken, especially at night. He always snored so loudly! The fire Jaken had built her for warmth was crackling and slowly dying out. Rin hated the dark. It always reminded her of the day when she was attacked by wolves and killed. Then Rin smiled. She then remembered what she saw when she woke up. She saw Lord Sesshomaru and began following him after that.

Since she couldn’t sleep, Rin decided to take a trip down memory lane.

Rin was following the tall man with light blue hair. It reminded her of moonlight. When she reached the edge of the woods she finally noticed the little toad walking beside her. She then realized that the little imp was a demon and so was the tall man who must have saved her.

Then Rin noticed the most wonderful creature ever, a two-headed dragon. She couldn’t believe her eyes! She had never seen a dragon before! Without a second thought she ran up to the dragon passing a shocked toad and a slightly surprised demon lord.

The dragon was so kind. She didn’t think that a dragon would like being pet, but before she could stop herself she was gently petting the two heads and then she was rewarded with the most unbelieving sound ever! Purring! The dragon was purring! She giggled and started talking to the dragon.
“You’re a very nice dragon. Do you have a name?” When the dragon shook its heads ‘no’ she squealed and jumped up and down.

“Do you want a name? I can give you two a name if you like.” To her utter delight it shook its heads ‘yes’.

“Okay, I’ll name you Ah and you Un. Do you like your names?” The giant beast shook its heads yes and Rin gave another giggle.

“Rin.” At that instant Sesshomaru became Rin’s Lord.

“Yes?”

“Do you have a home?”

“No.” Was the only thing she could whisper.

“Very well. Follow me.”

“Lord Sesshomaru! She is a
human girl! Are you sure you want a human following you?”

“Jaken! Silence, unless you would like me to do so for you.”

At this Jaken snapped his mouth shout and Rin giggled. After that Rin stayed close at Sesshomaru’s heels at all times and even took a liking to Jaken.


Remembering such things always brought a smile to her face. The fire gave one last pop and went out. Rin layed down again and closed her eyes and then noticed something. She didn’t feel very good. Her head and stomach hurt and she felt cold.

‘Lord Sesshomaru, please come back soon.’



Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. Please review and let me know what you think! I like to know what I did well and what I didn’t do well. The more reviews the faster the updates. Thanks for reading!

-AnimeGurlie