InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birthday Wishes ❯ A Wise Decision ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Lord Sesshomaru! Where are you M’Lord?! Please help me!”

It was dark and an equally dark haired girl was running through the woods followed by a pack of very hungry wolves. Young Rin was running out of air and energy, but forced her little legs to run faster.

“Ahhhhhh!” It was then the Rin tripped over a tree root and fell face first in the dirt until she skidded to a stop.

“Help me, Lord Sesshomaru!”


“Ah! Oh, it was just a nightmare. Lord Sesshomaru isn’t back yet? It’s so late though,” Rin spoke to the darkness.

It was then Rin started coughing. Before she knew it, she couldn’t stop coughing. Naturally, Jaken didn’t take notice. Rin’s coughing was loud, but it didn’t overpower Jaken’s snoring. Before Rin could wake the stupid imp and ask for help she passed out.

Eventually Sesshomaru returned to the small clearing where his followers slept. When he stepped into the clearing his nose was assaulted with the strong scent of sickness. What scared him, which he’d never admit, was that the scent was coming from Rin. Sesshomaru walked over to Jaken and gave him a hard kick waking the toad from his slumber.

“Oh, me Lord please forgive this lowly Jaken for falling asleep.” The half-awake Jaken pleaded.

“Silence. Jaken how long has Rin been sick?”

Jaken blinked his answer. Sick? Rin was sick? Jaken gave a quick sniff and realized that in fact, Rin was sick. When did she get sick? Then another thought popped into Jaken’s tiny little brain.

‘What will Lord Sesshomaru do to me?’

“Lord Sesshomaru, please forgive me! I didn’t know young Rin was ill! Please don’t punish me!”

“Jaken, silence! This is not about you.”

With that Sesshomaru picked Rin up and started off towards the direction to the village his half-brother resided in. After telling Jaken and AhUn to stay behind he walked off. The stupid toad always seemed to cause more problems then solve and he didn’t need Jaken’s scent to give him away to InuYasha right away.


‘Oh no, I think I’m lost.’ The teenage girl from the future thought. ‘Now what have I gotten my self into? Well, at least I’m armed.’

Kagome walked over to a tree and sat at the base. She sat thinking out loud. Of course she never gave a thought to the possibility that someone might hear her.

“Well, I guess I can’t be too upset. I mean after all I always knew he’d go back to Kikyou. Who am I to get in their way?"

“So, InuYasha has left his wench to fend for herself.”

‘Oh no, I know that voice.’

“Sesshomaru? What are you doing here?”

“Wench I’ll be the one asking the questions. Now…” Before Sesshomaru could start his interrogation Kagome had walked up to him and looked down at Rin.

“She’s sick. How long has she been like this?”

“She got sick sometime tonight. I came here to seek your help. Will you take care of her?”

“Well, of course I will!”

“Then prepare to leave.”

“Leave? Where will we be going?”

“To my castle. You will assist Rin until she is healthy again.”

“Fine, but first I have to go and retrieve my things.”

“No. I will not wait for you. We will be leaving now.”

“Look I have to tell my friends where I’m going and I have to go and get medicine. Unless you have human medicine.”

Silence.

“That’s what I thought.”

“I will pick you up tomorrow morning at dawn, understand?”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don’t worry I’ll be ready. Make sure you get Rin to bed at make sure she drinks lots of liquids tonight. Do you understand?”

Following that remark Seshomaru couldn’t hold in the growl any longer. He let it loose, but all Kagome did was frown at him. She walked up to him and started giving him a nice long lecture.

“Listen here buddy, if you want my help you’re going to have to be a little nicer. Got it?” Kagome said as she poked him repeatedly in the chest above his armor.

“I will tolerate you nothing more. Know this girl if you take one step out of line I will personally see that your death is a slow and painful experience. The only reason you aren’t two feet above the ground struggling for air is because my only arm is holding Rin. Consider yourself lucky wench.”

Kagome gulped and answered, “Well I’m sorry Mr. Violent.” With that said Kagome walked off in the general direction of Kadae’s village.


‘That infuriating wench! Who is she to lecture me?’ With that thought Sesshomaru held Rin closer and formed his cloud. He realized it would take a few hours to get back to his castle and decided just to return to where Jaken was. When he arrived back in the clearing he was bombarded with questions.

“M’Lord, where did you go? Did you find a healer or maybe some medicine? You didn’t run into any trouble did you? Why didn’t you take me with you M’Lord?”

“Jaken I didn’t expect an interrogation from you when I returned.”

“Please forgive this lowly Jaken!”

“Jaken silence! You will prepare AhUn for flight tomorrow before dawn, understand?”

“May I ask why M’Lord?”

“We will be picking up someone before we had back to the castle. In the meantime you are to find blankets and water for Rin. Now.”

“Yes, M’Lord! Who are we picking up tomorrow?”

Silence was all Jaken received for an answer as Sesshomaru put Rin by AhUn and then started a small fire. When he had a fire going Jaken came back with two blankets and a canteen of water.

‘He must have stolen the blankets from that human village a few miles away. I’ll have to teach him a lesson about stealing one of these days.’ Sesshomaru thought to himself. Though he hated the fact that Jaken stole from a village, he was grateful that the stupid imp found a source of warmth for Rin. She hadn’t stopped shivering since he put her on the ground. Even though he hated to admit it and even though it wounded his pride, he was terribly worried about her. He thought of Rin as his daughter and intended to protect her as such.

Now Sesshomaru was no fool. He knew what all the other demon lords were saying about him. He heard what they said behind his back. They all thought the young demon lord was following in his father’s footsteps and would die in the same way.

‘Absurd! The feelings I have for Rin are nothing like the feelings my father had for Izayoi. I don’t love Rin. Love, if such a thing does exist, shouldn’t be felt between races. Love such as that produces creatures like InuYasha. Stupid half-breed.

A small cough broke off his train of thought. He turned to see Rin sitting up shivering and coughing. Couldn’t he do anything for her? For once the mighty Sesshomaru didn’t feel very mighty.

“Rin. There is some water by you. I want you to drink as much as you can.”

“Alright Lord Sesshomaru.”

While Rin finished the water, Sesshomaru wrapped a blanket around her and picked her up. He walked over to the tree he was sitting against before and sat down setting Rin in his lap. Hopefully he could provide her with a little comfort. He started rubbing soothing circle on her back.

“Try to go back to sleep Rin.”

“Thank you Lord Sesshomaru.”

With that Sesshomaru went back to thinking. Was it really the wisest choice to go to InuYasha’s wench for help? Yes, it was. He would stick by his decision. The last time the priestess had been with Rin she had tried to protect her against Sou’unga, the sword of hell that his father had previously owned. He could trust the girl. She seemed to know how to heal his ward.

The real problems would begin when she arrived at the castle. How was he suppose to keep her a secret from the servants. Another problem was her beauty. Though he hated to admit it she possessed her own unique charm and would likely draw attention to herself from all the guards.

Sesshomaru gave an almost inaudible sigh and closed his eyes preparing for the long day ahead.