InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birthday Wishes ❯ Birthday Wishes Part:1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I know, I know I have to admit that I don't own InuYasha. You guys don't have to rub it in.

Chapter 3: Birthday Wishes (this is the chapter that fits the story title where everything starts coming together.)

Kagome made it back to Kadae's village just as InuYasha came out of the woods. When she looked at him she noticed something extremely disturbing. Kikyou was hot on his heels. She couldn't say she was surprised or disappointed. Just then a thought struck her.

'This will work out perfectly! InuYasha and the others will have Kikyou to tell them where the shards are when I'm gone. That way they don't have to put the hunt on hold. InuYasha will be happy to have Kikyou traveling with him, too.'

"Hi, Kagome." InuYasha said. It looked like he had something hard to say, but despite the look he had on his face Kagome gave a cheerful...

"Hi InuYasha!"

Before InuYasha could say anything Kagome ran into the hut to wait for InuYasha and Kikyou. She would explain herself to everyone at once and then start packing.

'Why dawn. Why the hell at dawn! Oh well, I guess this just proves that Sesshomaru is worried. And that proves he's not as cold as he makes himself out to be.'

When Kagome walked in to Kadae's hut she noticed that everyone looked very anxious.

"What's up guys? Why the long faces?"

"Kagome!" A very happy fox kit yelled. "We were so worried about you!"

"Lady Kagome, are you alright?"

"Kagome we didn't know where you and InuYasha were." Sango seemed the most worried.

Sango knew her friend had been armed and was a good fighter, but she had seen many good fighter die at the hands of demons. Kagome, Shippo, InuYasha, Kadae, and even Miroku were now her family as far as she was concerned. This meant that Kagome was like her younger sister and she would damned if another younger sibling was taken away from her.

"Guys I have something to tell everyone. Now I have to warn you it might sound awful at first, but I don't want any comments until after I finish explaining, okay?"

Everyone shook their heads 'yes' just as InuYasha and Kikyou entered the hut unseen.

"Okay, here it goes. I'm going to go and live with Sesshomaru for awhile."

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY!"

Everyone turned to see InuYasha and Kikyou standing in the doorway. While InuYasha was trying not to tear down the hut, Kikyou simply widened her eyes to show her shock.

Kikyou just didn't see how this girl could be her reincarnation. There really weren't any similarities between them outside of appearance.

Kikyou quietly thought to herself, 'What can Kagome be thinking? Is it really safe for her to be around such a dangerous demon?'

"InuYasha, stop yelling at me! SIT!

A loud thunk resounded through the hut as everyone shook their heads. Apparently InuYasha would never learn his lesson.

"InuYasha, Kagome just got done asking everyone to be patient and allow her to explain. Ye need to learn patience." Kadae piped up.

"Keh! I can say whatever the hell I want, whenever I want!"

"Please continue Kagome." Kadae calmy said.

"Well, I was..." Kagome didn't know what to say.

'What am I suppose to say? "Oh I was just spying on InuYasha when..." I guess I can just cut that part out.'

"I was taking a walk through the woods to clear my mind when I decided to rest by a tree. Then I heard Sesshomaru walk up and he was carrying that girl, Rin. She's sick and he asked me to come with him and take care of her for awhile."

'Why the hell isn't Kagome scared?' InuYasha thought to himself. 'What does Sesshomaru want?'

"Well anyway since Kikyou is here now,"

Suddenly all attention was on Kikyou. Everyone finally took notice of her. They hadn't even realized the dead priestess was in the hut until Kagome mentioned it.

"She can help you guys collect the jewel shards while I'm gone."

"But Kagome I don't want you to leave me!"

"Aww Shippo you don't have to worry. I'll be back before you know it. I'm sure I won't be gone more than two weeks. I'll have you keep an eye on InuYasha while I'm gone, okay?" Kagome gave a wink and Shippo giggled and everyone was able to hear an exasperated groan from InuYasha.

'Just what I need. That little brat will complain to Kagome about anything I do wrong. When she gets back there will be a new ten foot hole in the ground.' InuYash swore he could hear Miroku and Sango laughing silently. Obviously he wasn't the only one thinking that.

"Okay now listen up everybody. Sesshomaru is coming here at dawn to get me, so I have to lay down some rules. Rule number one, no fighting. Got that InuYasha?"

"Yeah, yeah no fighting got it."

"That's it."

"What?! Don't you have any rules for everyone else?!"

"Ummm, nope. Everyone else has manners. Something you sadly lack InuYasha."

InuYasha just stood and started grumbling as he walked out of the hut while everyone tried to hold in their laughter. Sadly none of them were able to accomplish this task.

Kikyou just in a corner by herself, oblivious to her surroundings. 'This can be used to our advantage against Naraku. If Kagome is the one holding on to the shards and stays with Sesshomaru, Naraku will not will not be able to get ahold of them. He wouldn't dare challenge Sesshomaru again. He isn't strong enough and he knows it. Things may work out this time.'

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------

Sesshoma ru started making his way toward the village his brother resided in. If he was lucky he would avoid any confrontations this time. Though he had to admit he did like fighting InuYasha. He was one of the only people to he actually had to work to beat. Whenever they fought he could swear he was fighting his father. Their father passed on more than his swords.

By the time Sesshomaru arrived it was just about daybreak. That's when he noticed something flying just above his head.

"Soul stealers. That woman is near."

Sesshomaru quietly followed the eerie demons to a small clearing in the forest.

"What is it you want priestess?"

"Sesshomaru,"

Sesshomaru fought the growl that started in his chest. How he hated the smell of this woman. Death and gravesite soil.

'How does InuYasha stand this scent? Even his nose should be able to smell the death on this woman. How revolting.'

"My reincarnation Kagome she will be traveling with you, correct?"

"How does that concern you?"

"It concerns me, because I will be traveling in her place. I wish for her to stay with you as long as possible."

"And why is that? So you can take her place permanently?"

"No. Simply because of the fact that Naraku is after her and the jewel shards. Now I know you despise Naraku and so you have a good oppurtunity to postpone any major plans of his. Without the jewel shards he cannot complete his body's full transformation. Keep Kagome safe and keep the shards safe. Then at least some time to kill off Naraku may be bought."

"Very well. I understand your reasoning. I shall keep the girl with me. I'm sure she I can stall her departure."

"Now that that is settled, understand this Sesshomaru. Kagome will play a major part against Naraku."

"And what makes you think that?"

"Because she is the one person Naraku truly fears. Keep that in mind."

Slowly Kikyou turned and left for the village with Sesshomaru close behind.


A/N: Please review. I would like to know what you guys like about my writing! Check out my other story Summer Plans, too!
I love ya all!

-AnimeGurlie