InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birthday Wishes ❯ Something's Coming ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Nope still don't own InuYasha. *Grinds teeth* Ahhh! *Looks at dentist bill*

I would like to thank my first three reviewers from my last chapter. This chapter is dedicated to lilnovelist, mrshappybunny, Kitsune Thief, and SesshomarusLady-xx.

----------oOo----------

Kagome sat next to Rin stunned. How was she going to explain to Sesshomaru that she came from five hundred years in the future? How was she going to explain the fact that demons were extinct?

"Well..." Kagome didn't know how to explain it and decided to do so as fast as she could. "I...comefromfivehundredyearsinthefuture."

Sesshomaru blinked twice and then his eyes widened. It took him a few seconds to decipher the sentence back to its original nine word format instead of her two word format. When her information finally sunk in he was shocked, to say the most.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean exactly what I said. I'm not from this era. Jeez, I thought my clothes would give it away."

"Hn, I merely thought that you were a conc-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. I promise you if you ever call me that I will purify your ass to hell and back! Understand?!"

"As you wish. Now tell me about your time."

"Ahh...What do you want to know?"

"Why do you where such clothes and how do you know about the contents of food?"

"Oh. Well my outfit is my school uniform. I have to where it."

"First, what is school? Second,-"

"Hold on...One question at a time. School is where I go to learn. It's where I learned about vitamins and how the body works. Let me guess what your next question is. Is it perhaps, oh I don't know, why are you required to where such clothes?"

"Hn."

"I'll take that as a yes. All the girls where this outfit and all the boys where the same outfit. The outfits depend on the school. Then no one has to worry about having the best clothes and no one has to worry about how much money they have."

"I understand. That's clever."

"Yeah, I guess. But it is really annoying, because whenever you walk outside older guys always hoot and whistle."

"Men can act like animals."

"What the heck do you mean can? They almost always do."

"I don't."

"Whatever! You and InuYasha both act like animals just not towards women."

Sesshomaru knew what she meant. She meant that they fought like animals. He decided not to argue or agree. He did however see why she thought that way and she was absolutly right. But he'd be damned if he was going to tell her that and give her the pleasure of being right.

He watched as she laid down next to Rin facing him. She threw the blanket over herself and put her head on the pillow. He was slightly taken back when she whispered to him.

"Good night, Sesshomaru."

Once her head hit the pillow she was out. He hadn't realized she was that tired. He felt grateful that they would arrive at the castle by mid-morning. The only problem would be waking her. When he picked her up that day at down he realized one thing about her immediatly. She was not a morning person.

----------oOo----------

Morning finally came and the small camp was greeted with chirping birds and the warm sunlight. Kagome was greeted by something else also.

"Wake up you pathetic human wench!"

'Ugh, it's way too freakin' early in the morning for this!'

"Back off you stupid toad before I rip your stupid mouth off your ugly face."

Jaken promptly shut his trap and quickly backed away behind AhUn. AhUn looked at each other with mirth shining in their eyes. They were begining to enjoy this girl. She always managed to hold her ground against the toad and was never threatened by his 'high' position with Sesshomaru. They thought to themselves, 'Hopefully with this girl around Rin won't be bothered by Jaken.'

Sesshomaru soundlessly entered the clearing and smirked. He left Jaken to wake Kagome fearing her morning words. It appeared that he made a wise decision. Kagome was up by her bag putting things away while Jaken was cowering behind AhUn. Kagome would shoot death glares every once and awhile towards him cousing the little imp to shudder in pure fear. It seemed to Sesshomaru that the 'stupid human' was smart enough to know how to put the toad in his place.

Sesshomaru moved over to Rin's side. He slowly bent down and put the inside of his wrist against her forehead. He noticed that her breathing hadn't gotten worse or better and her fever hadn't gone away. She was tossing and turning with a thick sheet of sweat that was soaking through her kimmono.

"Why hasn't she gotten any better?"

"Because she hasn't been given any medicine. Can you wake her up. I have some medicine that will help relieve her pain."

Sesshomaru hated to wake Rin, yet he wanted to stop her nightmares. She was obviously scared. He could smell her fear. He hated it when she was scared and he couldn't do anything to help her. Sometimes he wished that all her nightmares were
real so he could just destroy them all. He slowly shook her until her eyes popped open.

"Lord Sesshomaru, I don't feel very good." Rin said through dried lips.

"I know."

"Here Rin chew these."

"What are they Kagome?"

"It's medicine. Chew them and swallow. Here's some water, too. Try to drink as much as you can, okay?"

"Okay."

Rin put the two tablets in her mouth and started to chew. She was happy to taste some kind of fruity flavor instead of something bitter.

Sesshomaru could smell the medicine. He never smelled any medicince like the kind Kagome had. He noticed that Rin was pleasantly surprised. He realized that she was probably expecting the usual bitter taste that almost always accompied medicinal herbs.

"Wow, I didn't know medicine could taste good."

"It's children's medicine. It's made just for kids. I carry these around in case Shippo ever gets sick. Have you ever had grape flavored medicine?"

"No."

"I didn't think so. Now drink as much water as you can and then I 'll go fill it up before we leave."

"Okay. Can I stay in this..."

"It's called a sleeping bag and yes you can stay in it. I'll ride on AhUn today so you don't fall off that way when it's time for more medicine I can give it to you."

Rin drank all the water while Kagome was talking. Kagome hadn't realized she was so thirsty.

"I'll go fill that up and Sesshomaru will put you on AhUn. Right Sesshomaru?"

Sesshomaru shook his head and lifted Rin over to the two-headed dragon. By the time Kagome returned her bag was harnessed on the dragon's sadle and Jaken was positioned behind Sesshomaru. The demon lord stood regally prepared to leave. Kagome hopped on AhUn and they left towards the castle.

----------oOo----------

By mid-day Kagome could see the outline of a castle.

"Kagome."

"Yeah?"

"Once we arrive at the castle I wish to speak to you in my study while Rin is taken up to her room. Don't speak to anyone and stay close to me. Understand?"

"Yeah, but why can't I speak to anyone?"

"I'll explain that when we arrive."

"Hmm, alright."

When they touched down in front of the gates three soldiers ran forward and bowed down on one knee. Kagome couldn't believe her eyes. She never saw so many handsome men altogether. How was she going to survive!

The one in the middle came forward and looked at Kagome a little warily. He was amazing! He had golden hair that went to the middle of is back. It was tied with a gold ribbon in a low pony tail. When he came closer she saw he had the same eyes as Sesshomaru except that his weren't cold. He openly showed his emotion in his eyes and Kagome could easily see how confused he was. He wore the same out fit as Sesshomaru except he had only armor on his arms and chest. The sakura petals were gold instead of red and his obi was all gold with a wave of white. His pants were the same fashion with the same boots except his were black instead of a navy blue. He had a single gold stip on each cheek and his cresent moon was the same gold. When she heard his name she understood why he was named so.

"Kin, I trust that things have gone well in my absence."

"Of course Lord Sesshomaru."

Sesshomaru gave small sigh and a nod.

"My Lord, my I acquire as to who our visitor is?"

"This is Lady Kagome. She will be staying here for some time. Rin has grown ill and she has offered her services."

Kin walked up to Kagome and took her hand and placed a kiss on the back of her hand.

"It is a pleasure to meet to Lady Kagome."

'Breath Kagome, just remember to breath.'

Kagome gave a quick bow and answered, "The pleasure is mine."

Sesshomaru had to admit to himself that the girl had manners. He could sense how tense she became and noted to question her about later.

Kagome thought to herself while Kin reported to Sesshomaru. 'What a strong aura. All three of them. Not just them. I can sense every demon in the castle. It's all so strong! I guess that's what I should expect from Sesshomaru. Only the best of the best would be allowed to serve him. Suddenly something Kadae had taught her popped in to her head.

"Remember child your powers are extremly strong. You have learned to control them, but if you ever feel thretened your body will act on it's own accord. So remember to keep calm when you must. Unleash your powers when you know for certain your life in endangered."

"Kadae, am I really that powerful?"

"Aye, even when you are concealing your abilities your auro will give away the fact that your have spiritual powers."

Kagome looked over to Sesshomaru and Kin and then to the other two soldiers who were openly staring at her. All of a sudden Kagome felt something very familiar. She gave a gasp and then started walking inbetween Sesshomaru and Kin in a sort of daze. She kept walking until she heard Sesshomaru's voice and was pulled back to reality.

"Kagome."

"Huh?"

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Sesshomaru, do you have a bow and quiver handy by any chance?"

"I do My Lady." One of the soldiers whispered and stepped forward hesitantly.

Kagome could sense his fear of her. Her aura must have given her away which meant she wasn't concealing anything. However she was able to control her anxiety and knew the soldier wouldn't hurt her.

She turned toward him and finally got a good look at him. His hair was white, yet he was not old. He had pale skin and a light blue wave on each side of his cheek along with a light blue cresent moon. It was then she noticed his air wasn't white, but light blue. It was so light she had a hard time convincing herself there was any color at all.

"Kiyoshi, what are you doing?" The third soldier asked.

"Kiyoshi? That's your name?"

"Yes Lady." He handed her the weapons and bowed to her.

"Thank you."

"What are you doing Kiyoshi?! You're giving a priestess weapons! We'll all be purified."

Sesshomaru opened his mouth, but Kagome beat him to it. She slowly approached him and asked him, "What's your name?"

He gulped and answered, "Ryuji."

Kagome looked at him. He had flamming, dark, red hair. He had two dark green stripes on each of his cheeks and a dark green flame on his forehead. She could see dark red and dark green scales on his wrists and around his eyes.

Kagome walked up to him and put her hand on his cheek and looked him in the eye. She then backed away from him.

"Are you still alive?"

"What kind of question is that?!"

"Are you?"

"Yes."

"Well then, I guess I didn't purify you. Now if I didn't do now do you think I'll be doing it later?"

Kagome didn't wait for his answer she turned around and walked over to Sesshomaru.

"Something's coming."

"What? How do you know?"

"I can sense three jewel shards."

"From which direction?"

Kagome pointed towards the direction of the setting sun and said, "That way."



A/N: I know cliff hanger, but before you get mad...I SAID DON'T GET MAD...Now, like I was saying. I have to think of what to write next. I will tell you that this(these) enemy(enemies) is(are) going to play a major role in the story and that's all I'm saying so don't ask me...I SAID DON'T ASK ME! Review and tell me what you think and check out my newest story, To Love Him Or Not.

-AnimeGurlie


These are the new characters’ names and meanings:
Kin-Golden-male
Kiyoshi-Quiet-male
Ryuji-Dragon-male< br>