InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birthday Wishes ❯ Explainations ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don’t own InuYasha! Don’t make me angry. You would not like me when I’m angry. *Turns muscular and green* ROAR!

Thanks to my reviewers! Sorry my last chapter was so short! I’ll make up for it with this one! I know it took me awhile, but I've been busy at home. I finally had time to write this chapter.

I would especially like to thank Erik and Kagome-Sano's grl. Thanks for your helpful advice on writer's block!
----------oOo----------

“Sesshomaru-“ Kagome started to ask a question that had been bothering her when the annoying little imp interrupted.

“That’s Lord Sesshomaru to you wench!”

Kagome and Jaken hadn’t stopped fighting since he first took to the air. He was still holding Kagome around the waist while they were standing on his cloud. While Jaken was behind him Rin rode on AhUn. He was starting to think that having Jaken behind him was a bad choice considering that Kagome was in front of him. Somehow he got caught up in their petty rants. Every time Kagome would try to say something Jaken would interrupt her and then start a brand new feud. Frankly, he was getting sick of Kagome yelling in his ear and Jaken waving his staff around behind him.

Sesshomaru took a deep breath and started to count to ten.

“1…”

“I’ll call him what I’ve been calling him! He’s not my lord, he’s yours!”

“2…”

“You should show respect to your superior, you stinking human!”

“3…”

“He’s not my superior. He’s yours, you stinking toad!”

“4…”

“Lord Sesshomaru is everyone’s superior!”

“5…”

“No you’re getting confused! It seems that way to you because everyone is your superior!”

“6…7 8 9 10!”

“Jeez, Sesshomaru what are you yelling about? Can’t you see Jaken and I are trying to have a civilized conversation?”

Sesshomaru turning wide, angry, eyes towards her.

“Civilized?”

“Hold that thought, Sesshomaru. I just have to finish our little talk.” Kagome said sweetly before turning a menacing face toward Jaken. “Now listen up you little spazoid, Sesshomaru himself told you that I’m in charge of you which means you’re going to have to listen to me from now on. I can promise you that if you do anything to upset me again I will personally see to your demise and I’ll make sure it is a slow and painful one.” After her little rant she turned to Sesshomaru and said, “Now what did you want to say.”

Sesshomaru couldn’t believe what he was hearing or more correctly what he wasn’t hearing. Kagome had effectively shut up the stupid imp. It was unbelievable. She hadn't used any kind of force or blunt object. Even though her words could be considered blunt and sharp. At least Jaken was quiet.

----------oOo----------

A couple of hours passed by when Kagome interrupted the silence.

"Hey Sesshomaru?"

"Yes?"

"Are we almost there?"

"We'll be there by nightfall."

Kagome quickly looked over at Rin and then back at the demon lord.

"If we're going to be travelling longer than an hour then I think we need to stop for the night."

"Is your weak human body exhausted already?"

Kagome caught his cocky tone and was quick to correct him.

"How can I be tired when I haven't even been walking. I mean we need to stop because all this travelling isn't good for Rin. She's sick and the cold air won't do her any good. We need to stop for the night."

Sesshomaru looked over at the slumbering Rin and listened for her breathing. It was short and raspy. It sounded like she was only using a fourth of her lung capacity.

"Very well. I'll trust your good judgement."

Kagome turned shocked eyes toward him. Good judgement? Did she just receive a compliment? And from Sesshomaru? She was at least expecting an arguement, but she decided she wouldn't question it. Avoiding confrontations was always a good thing. Unfortunatly she was never that good at it.

Sesshomaru flew down in a nearby clearing and set Kagome down while Jaken clumsily fell over backwards. Kagome ran over to Rin and felt her forehead.

"Oh no, she has a terrible fever. It wasn't this bad before we left."

Kagome lifted rin up and handed her to Sesshomaru.

"Here hold her for a sec."

"What dare I ask is a sec?"

"It's short for second."

"Why would you have me hold her for only a single second?"

"No, no, no it's a figure of speech. It means hold her for a few moments."

Kagome always forgot how much the language changed. The Feudal Era didn't use the same slang terms her time did. She never could remember, not that she hated to explain herself it was just terribly annoying after a long period of time.

Kagome quickly took out her sleeping bag and unrolled it. She took out the tiny pillow she carried with her and unzipped the sleeping bag.

"Okay put her down here." She said pointing at the sleeping bag.

"What is that contraption?"

"It's called a sleeping bag."

"A portable futon?"

"Yeah, pretty much. It's waterproof so it will keep her dry and warm. She should be pretty comfortable."

Sesshomaru walked over and set Rin inside and Kagome zipped it up. Kagome started walking over to her backpack and started rummaging through it. She started tossing things to the side and threw a pillow behind her. Effectively nailing Sesshomaru in the face.

"What are you doing." He was trying to keep the agitation out of his voice, but knew that he failed miserably when she shot him an I'm-Sorry-Mr.-High-And-Mighty glare. He had become accumtom to that face and could easily read it. He had a feeling he'd even know when she was giving him that glare in the dark.

"I'm organizing my stuff. I'm putting all my medicine on the top in case I need it." Kagome then took out an energy bar and a water bottle, walked over to Sesshomaru, grabbed her pillow, walked over, and sat next to Rin.

Kagome opened her energy bar and took a bite. She got through one half of the bar silently waiting the inevitable question.

'5...4...3...2...1...'

"What is that you are eating?"

Kagome gave a loud sigh. 'Perfect timing. I just knew he was going to ask that. Him and InuYasha are just like puppies. They're always so curious and they never cease to annoy and amuse me.'

"It's called an energy bar. It has vitamins and minerals in it."

"Do I want to know what vitamins and minerals are?"

"They're what you find in all food. You body uses it to function. Instead of eating a meal I'm having an energy bar. It replaces everything I would get in a regular meal. Well, almost everything."

"Even in meat?"

"Yep, even in meat. Everybody needs vitamins and minerals. Let's see, let me think of an example. Oh I know! Iron is a mineral you find in meat. Protein you find in meat. Protein is one thing that helps your muscles."

"I see. How do you know all this?"

"Umm...Oh I wonder if Rin is warm enough."

"Are you changing the subject on me, priestess?"

'Oh great! Not only is he not as dense as InuYasha, but now we're back to priestess.'

"Here's another blanket, do you think she'll be warm enough?"

"Priestess..." Sesshomaru slowly said while standing up.

"I hope it doesn't get any colder."

"Priestess..."

"Do you think it will stay at this tempature?"

"Kagome."

"Yes?" Kagome managed to squeak out.

'I really do love how he says my name.'

"Ahh! Bad Kagome, bad!"

"What?"

"Oh, hehehe nothing."

'I'm thinking bad things. That thought just popped in my head all of a sudden. My mind may not live in the gutter, but it sure does like to go on vacation there!'

"I want some explanations."

"Explanations?"



A/N: Well I hope this was long enough! I'm going to start the next chapter and IF I GET 5 REVIEWS TODAY I'LL PUT THE NEXT CHAPTER UP TONIGHT! Thanks to all my reviewers so far! Next chapter is when Kagome and Sesshomaru arrive at the castle.

-AnimeGurlie