InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bitter ❯ Bitter Confession ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 
 
This was written for the iy_themes community at LiveJournal. The prompt was “please” and the limit 300 words.
 
 
Title: Bitter Confession
Type: Canon
Rating: T
Word Count: 300
Characters: InuYasha/Miroku/Kaede
Summary: Miroku has doubts about his return to the village.
 
Bitter Confession
 
InuYasha and Miroku were walking toward Kaede's when the hanyou broke the silence. “Sango seems pleased that you returned.”
 
The monk stopped. “I wonder if I'm making a mistake. I know she says she wants me back, but does she really? I just don't know. There was so much anger and hostility I couldn't live with it any more. I can't go through that again.”
 
InuYasha didn't know what to say, so he remained silent.
 
“You think I am making a mistake in returning to her, don't you?” Miroku questioned, inferring the worst from his silence.
 
The hanyou shook his head. “I don't know what to tell you, bouzou. Kaede would probably be better to ask for advice regarding women.”
 
“InuYasha… Sango… well… she said… she said the gossip of the women of the village made her doubt our marriage.” Miroku started walking again.
 
“They can be vicious,” InuYasha said in such a manner as to make Miroku wonder what he was referring to - now or something from his past.
 
“So you heard them?” the monk clarified.
 
InuYasha plastered his ears to his head. “More than I wanted.”
 
“You couldn't have warned me?” Miroku sounded angry.
 
“Do not blame InuYasha.” They had reached Kaede's hut and she was outside.
 
Before Miroku responded, the hanyou whispered, “It's not like they were plotting to kill her to get you for themselves.”
 
Kaede interrupted, “I don't think he connected the gossip with Sango's behavior.”
 
“I thought she was stronger than that,” InuYasha admitted. “I forgot…”
 
“That she hasn't been verbally abused her entire life like you have,” Miroku concluded for him.
 
“Yeah,” the hanyou confessed.
 
“And that she's no longer a warrior, but a woman,” Kaede added.
 
InuYasha nodded.
 
“Like remembering that would have helped.” Miroku grinned.
 
Kaede chuckled. “You have a point.”