InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bitter ❯ Bitter Regression ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 
This was written for the iy_themes community at LiveJournal. The prompt was “snow” and the limit was 500 words.
 
Title: Bitter Regression
Rating: R (for language)
Word Count: 494
Characters: InuYasha + Sango
Summary: InuYasha stops Sango in her tracks.
 
 
Bitter Regression
 
“Miroku! Get back here! I'm not done with you yet!” Sango stormed out of their hut and followed the trail of footprints in the snow.
 
“Yes, you are.” InuYasha had stepped into the path and blocked it.
 
Sango's eyes flashed. “Get out of my way.”
 
“If you drive him off I won't go after him again,” the hanyou said softly.
 
“You don't know—”
 
He cut her off. “I know that he loves you, and while we were battling Naraku he was willing to die for you.”
 
“I was willing to die for him, too!” Sango argued.
 
InuYasha shook his head. “Maybe - but he drank that damn Yakurou Dokusen's poison—”
 
“I drank that poison, too!” Sango interrupted.
 
“You drank that stuff to save Hiraikotsu. Miroku drank it to save you,” InuYasha stated. “He drank it so that he could use his kazaana without pain. Do you know how many times I had to stop him so he wouldn't kill himself protecting you?
 
“You wanted to show that you could still fight - that you are a warrior. You may have risked your life but he was the one willing to die if necessary. He was the one who felt your life was more important than his own. Naraku's miasma nearly killed the bouzou before we defeated him - all because he loved you.
 
“Not once has Miroku betrayed you. He has been faithful to you and tried to be a good husband. He has done nothing to deserve your treatment of him.
 
“Right now he needs to cool off. You can chase after him and continue to scream at him, but when he leaves he'll be gone for good. I don't know what's wrong with you, but you are as angry and bitter as you were when you thought I had destroyed your village and killed everyone in it. You've been downright hateful and he doesn't deserve that.” The hanyou fell silent.
 
“You're just jealous - you don't understand—”
 
“You're fucking right I'm jealous! You got to marry - you have the chance at a family. If I had any hope of that, it's gone now. I wanted Kagome to be safe and happy and I left her with her family. You and the bouzou have a chance that I'll probably never have, but you're so fucking selfish and jealous that you'd throw it all away!” InuYasha stepped out of the path. “Go ahead - follow him. But remember this - if he leaves you'll be raising that child in your belly alone. You said you wanted him back but you sure as hell don't act like it. Quit making excuses - you're the one that needs to change, not Miroku. You'd better decide - do you love him and want him to stay, or hate him and want him to go? Because from where I'm standing, I'd say you want him outta here.”
 
The hanyou stalked away, leaving a very confused and deflated Sango in his wake.