InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ The Wedding ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
 
The Wedding
 
“You look beautiful, Mama.” The little red headed, green eyed boy said, smiling toothily as he sat on the couch in his Power Rangers pajamas.
 
Kagome smiled as she twirled around in her long, strapless, cerulean blue dress. It was tight at the top and loose in the skirt part. She had her hair upswept with a few tendrils curled and left free. She wore a pair of black strappy heels and a silver chain necklace with dangling, silver earrings.
 
“Yeah, you look hot, girl! Pick up a guy while you're there.” Rin told her, excitedly.
 
Kagome looked blankly at her. “You tell me that every time and I've replied in the same way each time.”
 
Rin rolled her eyes and nodded her head. “I know, I know. Not about to happen, can't blame a girl for hoping for some change though.”
 
“Mama doesn't need a man. She's got me!” the six-year-old exclaimed, folding his arms.
 
Kagome laughed, “Exactly! What more could a woman want?”
 
Rin stared blankly at her, “I'd answer that but there's a child present.” She smirked at Kagome's glare.
 
“Why can't I know?”
 
Rin's eyes widened and she opened her mouth, closing it almost instantly; doing a marvelous interpretation of a fish. “Uh…”
 
It was Kagome's turn to smirked, “It's not that you can't know it's just you're not ready to know yet.”
 
“I am too!” Shippo said defiantly.
 
Kagome took a deep breath. “Okay, well see grown women want grown men to kiss-
 
Gross!” Shippo yelled, cutting off his mother like she knew it would.
 
“So it's gross for someone to kiss me?” she teased.
 
He shook his, “No, Mama. You're not a woman, you're a mama.”
 
Kagome smiled, “Exactly.”
 
Rin smiled, shaking her head. “Well, Mama, if you don't hurry your butt up you're gonna be late.”
 
 
FLASH
 
 
“You're gonna be late, Miroku. Sango will kill you.” Inuyasha said with narrowed eyes at his best friend, as they ran out the door into Inuyasha's car.
 
“You're the one who made me get a new suit!” Miroku defended himself as they rode off.
 
Inuyasha glanced at him, irritably. “You were going to wear a purple suit to your wedding, Miroku. I saved you from certain death.”
 
“I'll die anyway if we're late.”
 
Inuyasha nodded and sped up. The idiot was going to wear a purple suit to his wedding… Inuyasha couldn't believe it.
 
Miroku wouldn't show anyone his suit until the wedding day and when Inuyasha saw it, he made Miroku buy a new one.
 
Granted the man refused to wear black, but the new white suit was much more appropriate. Inuyasha still couldn't believe Miroku thought it'd be a good idea to wear the purple one.
 
And, of course, today would be the day Inuyasha ran out of cigarettes.
 
Miroku turned on the radio. He let out a `whoop' as his favorite song came on.
 
“I like big butts and I cannot lie…”
 
Inuyasha groaned, mentally. God, what he'd give for a smoke.
 
 
FLASH
 
 
“He's not coming; he's going to leave me at the altar!” Sango cried in panic.
 
“No, he's not! I'm sure he's just stuck in traffic or something.” Kagome said, trying to calm the panicky bride down.
 
`Where are those damn brides maids?' Kagome thought, quickly becoming frustrated.
 
She had gotten here late… and because of that there was no place to park in front so she parked in the back. Naturally, she didn't want to walk all the way to the front, she thought it'd be a good idea to come in through the back door.
 
Obviously, she was wrong.
 
She went in through the door and started looking for where she was supposed to be. The next thing she knew she was pulled into a room and here she was now.
 
“Oh, sure! I swear I'll kill him if he does this to me! I will! He'll never have to worry about finding a woman to bear his kids because when I'm through with him he won't have the equipment!”
 
`This isn't my job.' She thought disdainfully. But with the young bride in the state she was in, Kagome couldn't pull herself away.
 
“Look, there's a logical explanation for it.”
 
“How do you know that? He probably ran off with some big breasted blonde!” Sango screamed frantically.
 
Kagome shook her head, “Trust me. Remember, you're talking to the woman who brought you to him. I helped him for months on end, matching him up with too many women to count. Each time he'd find something wrong and come back to the agency… but you… he stayed with you. He wants to marry you. I've never seen him look at anyone the way he looks at you.”
 
Sango looked at her and sniffed, “Thank you, Miss Higurashi.”
 
Kagome got a handkerchief out of her little black purse and handed it to her. “Just call me Kagome.”
 
She dabbed her eyes with the handkerchief, “Thanks, Kagome.” She looked in a mirror, her eyes were puffy and red but her makeup was still on, at least.
 
“You're smart.” Kagome told her.
 
Sango looked at her with confusion in her eyes.
 
Kagome smiled. “Your makeup's waterproof. When I got married I wore normal makeup and by the end of the wedding it was practically washed off from all my crying.”
 
“I didn't know you were married.”
 
“Divorced.” She said quickly.
 
It was then one of the bridesmaids, in a frilly pink dress that kind of made her look like a sugar plum fairy, barged in. “Sango, he's here!”
 
“Thanks, Shiori!”
 
Sango looked at Kagome, “Thanks again. Shiori, please show Kagome where she's supposed to be.”
 
Shiori nodded and smiled at Kagome, “This way.”
 
FLASH
 
Miroku looked very handsome in his tux, Kagome noted. Her eyes strayed to the man standing next to him.
 
Golden eyes, white hair tied back in a low ponytail… and dog ears? So cute! Kagome felt the sudden impulse to just walk up there and touch them. He looked so dashing in that black tuxedo of his...
 
Kagome shook her head, ridding herself of the thought that ran through her head about the gorgeous demon.
 
The music began. First was the little flower girl in her pink dress with the two sugar plum fairies - err, bridesmaids following her.
 
Then everyone stood up as Sango and her father walked down the aisle. People whispered about how beautiful she looked in her gown. Princess cut, trimmed in pink, she wore a flower circlet on top of her head with the veil and her hair curled and let down.
 
Kagome smiled as tears filled her eyes. She saw how Miroku's eyes widened at the sight of his soon-to-be wife.
 
----
 
Inuyasha smiled a bit as he watched Sango walk towards them. Despite his jealousy, he couldn't help but be happy for his best friend and the woman he'd grown to love almost like a sister.
 
As the priest began giving that long eulogy thing, Inuyasha let his eyes look around at the crowd.
 
His heart almost stopped as he settled his eyes on the pretty young woman sitting on the groom's side.
 
`What's Kikyo doing here?!'
 
 
Sorry it took so long to get this up. So many people hogging the computer, you know. The next chapter will be up real soon since I have the majority all ready thought up. Anyways, I don't know how Japanese weddings work so I just used an American style wedding. Hope you like it, please review.