InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ The Trip to InuYasha’s Forest ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha (they are the property of Rumiko Takahashi and Sunrise) but I do own Kaminari, Kaiho, Lord Izumioka and the lovely Kichou.
 
AN: InuYasha has not lost his Alpha status in this story. He has become a more secure Alpha male, which is far more deadly than one trying to find or keep his place by fighting constantly. InuYasha has not bowed down to Sesshomaru, but has realized that Sesshomaru is lacking something in his life. Now that they have made amends, InuYasha is trying to help him.
 
 
Blood & Tears
 
 
Chapter 10: The Trip to InuYasha's Forest(Warning: Lemons in chapter)
 
 
They found Ah-Uhn in the section of the bathhouse that had not been repaired yet. It was the furthest downstream and had one wall open to the outside. There was the dragon, both heads resting on the edge of the bath with his eyes closed as the warm water coursed around him. When he sensed Sesshomaru's approach, he opened his eyes to see Sesshomaru beckon him. Ah-Uhn rose from the water and clamored out of the bath. Rin just smiled and ran up to greet the dragon that was practically a pet to her while Sesshomaru harnessed and bridled him.
 
The sun was barely peeking over the horizon as InuYasha secured Kagome's backpack to Ah-Uhn. He placed Shippou at the front with Rin directly behind him. After Kagome had hugged Sango and Miroku one last time, InuYasha lifted her up behind Rin and handed Kagome her bow and arrows before he jumped up behind her.
 
Kagome called before they took off, “Are you coming back to Kaede to have your baby?”
 
Sango answered, “We intend to go back a few weeks before he's born. Will you let Kaede know?”
 
“We'll warn her,” Kagome responded, and continued, “We'll try to come and see you while you are there.”
 
Miroku called this time, “We'll be looking for you!”
 
InuYasha looked at Miroku. “You better take care of your mate, Monk. Don't let her work too hard around here.”
 
Miroku had wrapped his arms around Sango and pulled her into him. “Don't worry! I'll take care of her!”
 
Shippou leapt down from his place on Ah-Uhn's back to run and hug each of them one more time.
 
As Shippou hugged Sango she said, “You be good, Shippou. You listen to what Lord Sesshomaru and his staff tell you. I imagine you can even learn a lot from Rin, okay?”
 
Sango was hoping that Rin would help teach Shippou to not speak so often without thinking first. The little girl was quiet, but when she spoke, she usually said something worth hearing. She was the exact opposite of Shippou, but it probably came from the fact she traveled with Lord Sesshomaru so much.
 
“Okay,” Shippou responded as Sango placed him in front of Rin again.
 
They waved goodbye to each other as Ah-Uhn and Sesshomaru rose into the air and started their journey to the southeast.
 
 
As InuYasha pulled Kagome into him so she could rest back against his chest as they traveled through the sky, he wondered how he would give her nightmare free nights with Shippou present. On the trip to the demon-slayer village he had been able to enter her quietly from behind while they lay on their sides under their blanket. While he knew his brother was aware of what they were doing, they had not made enough noise to wake Rin. Shippou would be a different problem. He had demon hearing and sense of smell.
 
InuYasha's eyes continued to scan the sky around them as he considered his dilemma. He felt Kagome's hand take his and move it - InuYasha had absent-mindedly traced up her ribcage under her shirt and had started playing with her breast. He grinned sheepishly as she pulled it back to rest on her abdomen outside of her shirt. He couldn't help it - he loved his mate and couldn't get enough of her.
 
“Sorry,” InuYasha whispered in her ear.
 
Kagome response was to turn back far enough to kiss him on the cheek, and then she settled back against his chest.
 
 
Having stopped only once around mid-day, Sesshomaru and InuYasha started scanning the ground below them for a possible place to spend the night before it got too late. InuYasha spotted a possibility and called to his brother sometime in the late afternoon. Pointing in the direction of the clearing, they started their descent to the ground.
 
When they landed, Rin had to grab Shippou to keep him from jumping down.
 
“Wait, they must make sure the area is safe first,” Rin told him.
 
InuYasha had jumped before Ah-Uhn hit the ground and was scouring the area, as was his brother. When they came back and gave the all clear, Shippou and the two girls climbed down from Ah-Uhn's back. InuYasha came and pulled Kagome's backpack down for her. She already had her bow and arrows. InuYasha kissed her on the cheek and told them he was going to rustle up some supper.
 
While InuYasha was gone, Kagome, Rin, and Shippou gathered wood for a fire under Sesshomaru's watchful eye. While no youkai were present now, some had been through fairly recently. Sesshomaru knew that he would not be sleeping much, if at all, this night.
 
InuYasha returned with a small boar already prepared for cooking. He took a green branch to use as a spit and stripped it before running it through the boar. Kagome already had the fire started, so he placed the pig over it so it could start to cook.
 
InuYasha looked around him to see that Sesshomaru was watching over Rin and Shippou as they played. He figured now was as good a time as any and quietly took Kagome's hand, leading her into the woods. Kagome didn't have to ask - she could feel what he wanted.
 
When they were a safe distance away from the camp (out of Rin's hearing but within Sesshomaru's - just in case), InuYasha pulled Kagome into him and kissed her. As his tongue roamed within her mouth, his hand reached inside her sweats to stroke her. She moaned and dug around until she was able to find her way inside of his hakama and had grasped him in her hand. Knowing what they both wanted, she slipped out of her shoes and sweats, and turned away from InuYasha and grabbed a tree near her for support. Using the tree to brace herself, she bent over and spread her legs for InuYasha.
 
She was surprised when he got on his knees and started to lick and stroke her until he had her gasping his name and begging him to enter her. He stood and slipped in from behind, reaching around to tease her clit and the fleshy button that accompanied it while he slowly thrust into her. With his other hand he reached up and started to play with her nipple, which was already hard. Kagome started slamming back into him, trying to get him to pick up the speed and thrust harder. InuYasha complied and they rocked against each other until first Kagome came, and then InuYasha followed.
 
He lay across her back and growled, causing his chest to vibrate against her back as he continued to fill her. Kagome was still using the tree for support and had her head resting on her outstretched arms. Like InuYasha, she loved her mate and couldn't get enough of him. They stayed like that until InuYasha felt himself start to slip out of her. Holding Kagome where she was, he dropped down to his knees again and gently cleaned her with his tongue. He also loved the taste of his seed mingled with her juices. When he was finished, he helped her turn around on her wobbly legs and kissed her again. He pulled his hakama back up and then retrieved her sweats, holding them so she could step back into them and then pulled them up. When she had her shoes back on her feet, he pulled her to him and held her, his face buried in her hair as he nuzzled her neck. Kagome just sighed as she did the same.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
“Huum?”
 
“What if Sesshomaru…we can't leave Rin and Shippou without someone to watch them,” Kagome said quietly.
 
InuYasha knew what Kagome was thinking. So far she had not been with his brother without InuYasha being present, and she was worried about InuYasha's reaction if Sesshomaru needed her as he had.
 
InuYasha cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. When he pulled away he rested his forehead against hers.
 
“It's okay. It's part of the deal we made. I know he said he wouldn't ask, but he can't help but to pick up on our feelings for each other. It makes him want you as I do. I can feel that he has restrained himself - I think he really wants to wait for Kichou, but if he needs you, go with him. I'll watch the others,” InuYasha said softly and kissed her again. “We would be dead without him. I'll be okay, I promise. I've had a talk with Shippou to try and make him understand he needs to be quiet if he smells Sesshomaru on you. I don't think Rin will be a problem. She never questions his actions.”
 
Kagome nestled her head into his shoulder and nuzzled his neck as they pulled each other close. Finally deciding they had been away from the others long enough, InuYasha took Kagome by the hand and led her back to camp.
 
 
They arrived back to see Rin and Shippou chasing each other as Sesshomaru still watched over them. Ah-Uhn had stretched out and was snoozing in the grass.
 
Sesshomaru glanced at InuYasha and Kagome as they returned. He knew InuYasha had taken Kagome away for more than just fulfilling his own needs. Sesshomaru didn't like to hear the whimpering of her nightmares any more than InuYasha. While they had been discreet on the trip to the demon-slayer village, he knew they could not pull that off again with the kitsune present.
 
Sesshomaru walked over and joined them at the fire. “Feel better?” was all he said.
 
InuYasha and Kagome just grinned. Kagome reached up and rubbed Sesshomaru's mark on her shoulder to let him know she would go with him if needed. Sesshomaru's eyes opened a little wider than usual as he looked at the pair. He had promised them he would not ask, but they were still willing to let him use Kagome to satisfy his urges. InuYasha gave a very slight nod of his head to indicate he understood.
 
“Why?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
Kagome answered him very softly, “Because you saved us, we trust you, and I promised to submit fully to you for your protection. I will not deny what you need. InuYasha understands you pick up on our feelings and it makes you want - more.”
 
`More' - that didn't even begin to cover it. Sesshomaru wanted to feel as they did. What he wanted to do was get back home and properly take Kichou as his mate. He knew she had been interested in him for years, just as he had her, but he had been too stubborn, still believing an action like taking a mate would be a sign of weakness. While he didn't feel that way about Kagome, he did lust after her and at least the physical release helped ease his tension. He had also surprised himself with how much bringing her pleasure had pleased him as well. Even though she wasn't really his, she was willing to give herself fully to him. He didn't understand how one being could have so much passion locked inside of her.
 
Sesshomaru nodded and said, “I will let you know.”
 
 
The boar was finally ready and Kagome called for Shippou and Rin to come over to the fire. They were breathless from running almost constantly since they had arrived. Both had plenty of pent up energy after being on Ah-Uhn's back for most of the day. They sliced off a hunk of the pig for each of them and sat down by the fire to eat. Shippou ate two more helpings - he was quite hungry. Apparently Rin wasn't to be outdone - she ate almost as much as the kitsune did.
 
Both exhausted and now full, Rin and Shippou were both ready for sleep. Rin took Shippou's hand and led him over to Ah-Uhn. Apparently the dragon was used to Rin using him as a pillow and didn't move as they snuggled against him and pulled a blanket over them. In no time at all, they were both sound asleep.
 
Sesshomaru had been fighting his urges ever since Kagome had left the clearing with InuYasha that afternoon. It wasn't helping that now that the children were asleep, InuYasha's hand had found his way to her breast again and was playing with it under her shirt, making Kagome become aroused. Picking up a spare blanket, he motioned to Kagome and headed out of the clearing. Kagome leaned over and kissed InuYasha before she rose to follow him.
 
Sesshomaru didn't go far. The children were asleep and it was quite dark. He threw the blanket out on the ground and proceeded to disrobe. Kagome followed suit and waited to see what he wanted.
 
Much to her surprise, Sesshomaru lay flat out on his back and motioned for her to come to him. He had her straddle his face so that he could dig into her with his tongue. He used his fingers to spread her folds apart and the claw on his thumb to apply pressure to the sensitive spot he'd found. Kagome tried not to scream as he brought her to climax and her juices flowed into his mouth.
 
After he had licked her clean, he gently pushed her back. Kagome realized what he wanted. For the first time he wanted her on top. Before he had taken her from behind, always in the dominant position, but this time he wanted her to ride him like she had InuYasha.
 
Kagome gasped as she settled herself onto him. He felt different inside her in this position. Placing her hands for leverage, she started to slowly ride him. It didn't seem like it had been long before Sesshomaru was rocking with her and was gasping, “Har…der, fas…ter, har…der.”
 
Kagome complied and with one final hard thrust, Sesshomaru released inside her, relieving the burning in his loins. He reached with his hand and held Kagome where she was, brushing her curls with his thumb and playing with her clit until he started to slide out of her. When he finally released her, he laid her gently on her back and cleaned her up with his tongue.
 
When he was finished, Sesshomaru leaned forward and kissed Kagome on the cheek. “Thank you. You will be safe here for a few minutes. InuYasha will need you now. You should have no nightmares tonight.”
 
Sesshomaru got dressed and went silently back to camp. Within minutes InuYasha was by her side.
 
“What happened? Sesshomaru thanked me and said it was the last time,” InuYasha said quietly.
 
Kagome pulled him into a kiss. She was already becoming aroused again by her mate's presence.
 
“He had me on top this time. After he was finished he cleaned me, kissed me on the cheek, said `thank you' and told me you would need me now. He also mentioned that I should have no nightmares tonight,” Kagome grinned as she replied softly.
 
InuYasha lay down alongside Kagome and pulled her on top of him. Kagome ground her body against his and whispered, “You have too many clothes on.”
 
InuYasha pulled out of his kiss and rolled Kagome off of him before he stood up to pull his clothes off. Lying back alongside her, he reached down and stroked between her legs. She parted them for easier access and reached down to grasp him with one hand while the other reached for an ear. It wasn't long before she had rolled on her back and InuYasha was plunging into her. He started off with a slow and torturous rhythm, taking his time as the friction built between them.
 
He soon found a new angle that had Kagome gasping for more. She had somehow turned on her side while he was thrusting into her. He was hitting something that made her want to scream out loud in pleasure. InuYasha had no idea exactly how they had ended up in the position they were now in, but it felt really good. Kagome was on her left side and he was on his knees with her right leg under his left arm, still thrusting into her. He was able to reach down between them and start rubbing her clit as well with his claw and that almost did make her scream out loud.
 
She grabbed the nearest piece of clothing and pulled it to her mouth to muffle her cries. “Oh Kami, oh Kami, don't stop, please don't stop.”
 
InuYasha could barely hear her through whatever it was Kagome had clamped to her mouth. Her body started trembling harder than he could ever remember and he could hear his name screamed into the piece of cloth she had to her face. InuYasha could take no more and released into her with such a force it came spilling back out almost immediately. Not wanting to lose his contact, InuYasha collapsed over her body and kissed the arm that he fell against. Kagome pulled it from under him and used it to pull him to her. Her body trembling and him still throbbing, they held each other like that until they had cooled off. InuYasha couldn't help himself as he played with her breasts as he lay over her. As before, he started a rumbling in his chest that vibrated through her body.
 
Realizing they would need to return to the others, InuYasha finally slid back and turned Kagome on her back. As his brother had done, he gently cleaned her with his tongue so she could get dressed. Before he pulled completely away, Kagome did the same and pulled him into her mouth one last time to help clean him up. They both dressed and then stood and just held each other before InuYasha picked up the blanket in one hand, took her hand in the other, and went back to camp.
 
 Not a word had been said as InuYasha and Kagome returned. Her sleeping bag was spread out and InuYasha pulled her down on it, throwing the blanket over them. Kagome was exhausted and went to sleep almost immediately.
 
InuYasha said, “Thank you,” very quietly to his brother who was keeping watch, and went into a light sleep. He was never able to sleep soundly out here in the open, even with Sesshomaru keeping guard.
 
 
Kagome jolted awake before dawn the next morning with the feeling that something was coming. She was not alone. Sesshomaru and InuYasha were up with her. She rolled up her sleeping bag and put away the blankets as they roused Rin and Shippou. Shippou started to chatter and Rin immediately hushed him. She could tell that something was up by her Lord's manner.
 
Sesshomaru asked that InuYasha, Kagome, Rin, and Shippou come and stand behind him and to be quiet. He did not want trouble.
 
“Izumioka, Lord of the Northern Lands,” Sesshomaru said as the youkai emerged from the woods followed by several others.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru, what brings you into my territory?” the stately youkai asked.
 
“This Sesshomaru is escorting his brother and mate to her home. They went to check on the other members of their pack first and are now headed to their village,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“The hanyou InuYasha is your brother?” Izumioka asked.
 
“Half-brother by our father,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“The Miko who sought the Shikon no Tama is his mate?” Izumioka questioned.
 
“Yes, she is,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
Izumioka looked at Sesshomaru. “You have marked her as well.”
 
“Yes. She is under my protection,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
Kagome reached over to grab InuYasha's hand. He wasn't sure where this was going and he wasn't happy. InuYasha had started a low growl.
 
Izumioka looked at InuYasha. “He is not strong enough to protect his own mate?”
 
Sesshomaru looked at Izumioka and asked, “Have you ever wondered what happened to Ryuukotsusei when he was reawakened?”
 
Izumioka raised an eyebrow. It had happened on his lands but he did not know what had destroyed the terrible youkai. “Are you saying…”
 
“InuYasha defeated him and erased him from the face of the earth. He is more than powerful enough to defend his mate, but because he is a hanyou another tried to steal her from him by treachery and deceit. This Sesshomaru's mark will ensure that no other tries that unless they wish to feel both our wraths.”
 
Izumioka nodded. “I understand. That would not have anything to do with the large number of wolf demons that have vanished from my territory would it?”
 
Sesshomaru responded, “It was Kouga and a large number of his pack that attacked them in my territory. They paid for their crimes.”
 
Izumioka replied, “You did me a favor. They had become a troublesome lot since they had started attacking human villages again. You are free to travel through my territory. Be careful. We are tracking a band of rogue youkai that seem to attack without any motive. We're not sure what they are after, but they kill without reason.”
 
“What type of youkai?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“It's an odd mixture - some cats, some weasels, a bear, and a couple of wolf demons. They must be working together for something specific because they would normally be enemies,” Izumioka replied.
 
“Thank you for the warning,” Sesshomaru said.
 
Lord Izumioka and Lord Sesshomaru bowed to each other, and the other party went on their way.
 
After Lord Izumioka and his group vanished into the woods, InuYasha spoke up, “I don't like it. The youkai that are working together should be trying to kill each other off. What could they possibly be after?”
 
Sesshomaru looked thoughtfully at his brother. “I don't like it, either.” The Demon Lord's eyes fell on Kagome as he continued, “It is possible with Naraku gone, others are looking for the jewel. They would have no way to know it has been purified. They could be looking for your Miko.”
 
“I've got a bad feeling. We need to get home,” InuYasha said.
 
Sesshomaru nodded. InuYasha lashed Kagome's bag to Ah-Uhn and put Shippou and Rin up on him. He set Kagome on the dragon's broad back next and handed her the bow and quiver of arrows. Confident that everything was in place, he jumped up behind his mate. Sesshomaru rose from the ground and the two-headed dragon followed.
 
 
 
They stopped for a hurried lunch. They only stayed on the ground long enough for everyone to relieve themselves and to be given the cold rations that Sesshomaru's staff had thoughtfully sent. Even Shippou could sense everyone's urgency and didn't grumble when they were back in the air again.
 
InuYasha was growling before they reached site of his village and forest. He knew something was amiss. As soon as it came into sight he had to stop himself from letting out a roar and alerting the attacking youkai that they were there.
 
The villagers were surrounded by a barrier put up by Kaede, who was sitting on the ground and chanting. InuYasha stood on Ah-Uhn's back and pulled out Tessaiga, transforming it, while Kagome pushed herself back from Rin and put her quiver over her head to rest on her shoulder. She whispered to Rin and Shippou to stay forward right behind Ah-Uhn's two necks so she would have room to maneuver.
 
Sesshomaru flew up to Ah-Uhn and told him to stay in the air with the children and Kagome while he and InuYasha attacked from the ground. Sesshomaru also pulled his bridles off of his heads and handed them to Rin and Shippou to hold. He wanted Ah-Uhn to be able to use his fire if he needed, and the bridles hindered him. Sesshomaru floated back to Kagome and InuYasha and told Kagome to stay on Ah-Uhn. He would get low enough for her to fire her arrows from his back, but not low enough for the youkai on the ground to attack him. Kagome nodded her understanding. Sesshomaru extended his arm to InuYasha, who grabbed his elbow and jumped. They floated to the ground and landed silently behind the youkai attacking the barrier.
 
InuYasha looked at Kagome and nodded. She already had her arrow nocked and fired it at the largest of the group - the bear youkai.
 
InuYasha did a double take and looked back at Kagome. She was glowing pink when she set the arrow free. The results were immediate - the bear roared as her arrow caught him in the ribcage directly behind his front leg. The arrow traveled straight to his heart and he disappeared into a pile of dust.
 
The bear's companions screamed in anger and fear when their largest ally vanished in front of them. They looked up to see the Miko who was glowing pink in the mid-afternoon sun, and then turned to discover two very angry brothers waiting for them. Thinking they had the two outnumbered, they charged. Kagome caught another youkai, one of the cats this time, as they turned for InuYasha and Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru had already had his share of weasels and went after those that were there with a vengeance. As he fought with them head on, the wolf youkai had tried to sneak around behind him. InuYasha was still harboring a grudge and went after them with Tessaiga. He cut them in half and turned back to the remaining youkai, who were now mostly cats of one type or another.
 
Kagome was really pissed that they had attacked Kaede and her village for no reason. She fired two more arrows and two more cats vanished into a pile of dust. There were now just three left facing Sesshomaru and InuYasha.
 
Sesshomaru asked them rather calmly, considering the circumstances, “What are you after? Why have you attacked this village?”
 
One of the three replied, “We want the sacred jewel. Hand it over and we will go.”
 
InuYasha answered, “The jewel exists no more. It as been purified.”
 
The second of the three screamed, “That can't be true! Then we will take the Miko instead!”
 
That brought a roar from InuYasha, “NO, YOU WON'T! WIND SCAR!”
 
Fortunately the three had come around and were away from the villagers. They went up in a flash of smoke as the Wind Scar cut them down.
 
Sesshomaru looked at the depth of the trenches in the ground cut by the Wind Scar. InuYasha was far more deadly now than he had been at any time in the past - before taking Kagome as his mate. At the moment Sesshomaru was grateful that he had made his peace with his brother.
 
 
Ah-Uhn landed on the ground and Kagome jumped down. Rin grabbed Shippou to keep him from jumping until the adults told them they could.
 
Kagome was running for Kaede, who she could tell was fading fast. “InuYasha! Sesshomaru!” she cried as she ran toward the barrier.
 
Kaede looked up to see Kagome running toward her and smiled. She released the barrier and collapsed.
 
“Kaede! Kaede!” Shippou had jumped out of Rin's arms and was running for the old miko.
 
One of the villagers came to his senses and ran over to her. As Kagome ran up he said, “She's been holding the barrier all day since the youkai attacked us early this morning. She must be exhausted.”
 
Kagome nodded her understanding. Sesshomaru and InuYasha were right behind her so she said, “We need to get her back to her hut. Can you bring Ah-Uhn over so he can carry her?”
 
Sesshomaru called the dragon and he lumbered over. The villagers were wary, but knew InuYasha, Kagome, and Shippou, and had just witnessed Sesshomaru help save them. Instead of running away, they decided to see what they could do to help.
 
Kagome looked at them. “I think she is just exhausted and needs rest. Will one of you get some water and bring it to her hut for me?”
 
One of the younger men nodded and ran off.
 
InuYasha picked old Kaede up and set her on Ah-Uhn's back. He set Kagome up behind her to make sure she didn't fall, and the group set off for her hut.
 
 
Kaede came to in her hut a couple of hours later with Kagome and Lord Sesshomaru watching over her. The container of water the villager had brought was near, and she had a cloth on her forehead. Shippou had retrieved a coloring book and crayons he had left behind and he and Rin were sitting quietly in the corner and coloring. InuYasha and gone to take a run through his forest to make sure there were no other youkai that didn't belong hanging around and to catch something for their supper.
 
Kaede tried to sit up, but had a splitting headache so decided against it. “Kagome, child, Lord Sesshomaru, where did you come from? Where's InuYasha?”
 
“I'm right here, old woman. How long did you have to hold that barrier?” InuYasha came through the door with fish cleaned and ready for the fire. He figured they would take less time to cook than red meat would.
 
“The youkai attacked this morning. They were screaming they wanted the miko with the Sacred Jewel. Thank the Kami you arrived when you did. I think they would have slaughtered everyone looking for Kagome,” Kaede replied.
 
Kaede tensed up. “There are more youkai coming.”
 
Lord Sesshomaru nodded. “It is Izumioka, Lord of the Northern Lands. He was tracking the attacking youkai. He needs to be told what happened. They made good time here.”
 
Sesshomaru rose silently and went to meet Lord Izumioka. He had been gone for a few minutes when Kagome and InuYasha both felt him calling them. They looked at each other and rose.
 
“We'll be back in a minute, Kaede.” Kagome and InuYasha went out to where Sesshomaru was with Izumioka and his group.
 
Kagome and InuYasha stood alongside Sesshomaru and bowed to Lord Izumioka.
 
Lord Izumioka addressed them, “I wish to thank you for ridding us of the offending youkai. They received no less than what they deserved. Is it true that the Shikon no Tama has been purified?”
 
“It was purified and disintegrated,” Kagome confirmed.
 
“Is that what the youkai said they were after?”
 
Kagome nodded. “That's what Kaede said.”
 
Sesshomaru added, “As well as the last few before InuYasha removed them.”
 
Izumioka raised an eyebrow. “Is that what those gouges in the ground were?”
 
InuYasha nodded. “Keh.”
 
“I've seen them before where other troublesome youkai had vanished,” Izumioka added.
 
InuYasha mumbled that it was probably him.
 
Izumioka said, “InuYasha, you are welcome within my lands anytime as is your mate and Lord Sesshomaru.”
 
Izumioka addressed Sesshomaru again, “Lord Sesshomaru, do you think it will help if we try to get the word out that the jewel no longer exists? Or do you think that will send others against the Miko?”
 
Kagome looked thoughtful. “Can you tell them the jewel was purified and the miko vanished with it? I'm about to return to my true home in another country. I don't want to worry about others coming to this village trying to find me and attacking innocent people.”
 
“What about your mate, InuYasha?” Lord Izumioka asked.
 
“Oh, he's coming with me. My mother is waiting for our return,” Kagome replied.
 
Sesshomaru added, “That's why the kitsune they usually take care of is coming home with Rin. He'll stay in the Western Domain for as long as he likes. The journey is too long for a kit his age.”
 
Izumioka looked at his entourage. “Is it clear? The miko and the jewel have vanished from these lands. None know where they are.”
 
He looked back at Lord Sesshomaru, InuYasha, and Kagome, “All who are with me are loyal. They do not wish to see more rampaging youkai any more than I do.”
 
With a polite bow, Lord Izumioka and his party vanished into the forest.
 
 
Sesshomaru, InuYasha, and Kagome returned to Kaede's hut. She was still lying down, but was starting to look better.
 
“Who was here?” she asked.
 
“Izumioka, Lord of the Northern Lands. He had been tracking the youkai that attacked you today,” Sesshomaru replied, and then continued, “We ran into him on his lands this morning. They must have been on the run to get here so quickly.”
 
“They are peaceful, then?” Kaede questioned.
 
“Yes. Lord Izumioka can be brutal, but he is consistent. He prefers peace above all else. He does not tolerate actions like those that were seen today,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“So you let him know what happened?” Kaede asked.
 
“Yes. We have also decided that we will spread the news that both the jewel and the miko that searched for it have vanished without a trace. Hopefully that will help stop others from seeking out Kagome.”
 
Kaede looked at Kagome. “Where is the jewel, child?”
 
“It was purified and disintegrated,” Kagome answered.
 
“What did you wish for?” Kaede was curious.
 
“We didn't - it just sort of happened,” Kagome replied.
 
“Something happened that you are not telling me. The three of you are bonded in some way,” Kaede stated.
 
Kagome blushed. “InuYasha and I are mates now. Sesshomaru has marked me so that no one will try to steal me from InuYasha again, and he also claimed InuYasha as his brother and part of his pack.”
 
Kaede just raised an eyebrow so Kagome continued, “The jewel was purified when InuYasha and I were marking each other, and then Sesshomaru marked him at the same time. Midoriko said it was our love and selflessness that purified the jewel.”
 
Kaede's eyebrows went higher, if that were possible. “Midoriko appeared to you? What else did she say?”
 
InuYasha had settled in behind Kagome and pulled her into his chest as she continued, “That the well will remain open as long as we use it at least once a year, my soul has bonded to InuYasha's so I will age with him, and Sesshomaru will be able to find his soul mate and be happy.”
 
“So the jewel is finally gone,” Kaede said softly.
 
“And Midoriko's soul set free,” Kagome added.
 
 
They were finishing the fish that had been cooked along with a few roots for dinner when they felt another youkai approach. Sesshomaru stood up and walked out and InuYasha and Kagome followed. Kagome told Rin and Shippou to stay in the hut as she followed the two brothers out.
 
“Kichou,” Sesshomaru said.
 
Kichou looked at the three. “I came to warn you. Word was sent to the castle about a band of youkai that were searching for the miko with the jewel. Everyone else was tied up so I volunteered to come.”
 
Kichou turned her head away. “It looks like I was too late. It appears there has been a battle here.”
 
Sesshomaru answered her, “They were attacking the village when we arrived. What was the description of the group you heard about? It may not be the same one.”
 
“An oddball bunch - cat youkai, weasel youkai, a bear youkai and a couple of wolf youkai,” Kichou replied.
 
Kichou had grown tense. “I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come,” she said as she started to turn to leave.
 
Kagome called, “Wait, Kichou. We need to talk.”
 
InuYasha and Sesshomaru both stared at Kagome as she told them, “Kichou and I need to spend some time alone. You'll know if I need you.”
 
Kichou was resistant. “I have nothing to say to you.”
 
Kagome insisted, “But I have something to say to you. Come with me.”
 
Kagome started walking away from the others, but Kichou did not follow. Kagome glowed pink as her aura reached out and wrapped itself around Kichou, and Kagome said again, “We need to talk.”
 
InuYasha and Sesshomaru watched in amazement and wondered what the hell was going on.
 
Kagome led Kichou toward the Sacred Tree and sat on the tangle of roots at the base of the tree. She gestured for Kichou to do the same.
 
After Kichou had sat, rather unwillingly, Kagome started, “I think I know why you are upset. You smell me on Sesshomaru.”
 
“Not just that, I smell him in you,” Kichou replied rather heatedly.
 
“You know he has marked me to protect me, which means I submit to him if he needs me,” Kagome said softly.
 
“InuYasha and Lord Sesshomaru are sharing you as a mate,” Kichou said firmly.
 
“No, they are not,” Kagome replied just as firmly. “InuYasha is my mate; Sesshomaru marked me so no other will try to steal me from InuYasha again.”
 
“What do you mean?” Kichou asked. “Brothers can share a mate if the mate is willing. You are obviously willing.”
 
“Do you have any idea what happened to me and InuYasha? Why Sesshomaru marked me?” Kagome answered.
 
Kichou shook her head, so Kagome relayed the story of what had happened with Kouga, how she and InuYasha nearly died, and how Sesshomaru had saved them. Also how Sesshomaru as the eldest could claim any mate of his younger sibling, but how he said he would do so only to help keep any other from trying to take her because InuYasha was a hanyou.
 
As Kagome finished she wiped away her tears and said, “Because Sesshomaru marked both of us, he picks up on the intensity of our feelings for each other. He doesn't really want me as his mate. I have just helped fulfill his needs until he claims his true mate.”
 
Kichou looked at her with disbelief on her face. “How can I believe that?”
 
Kagome responded as she pulled her shirt over her head and placed it across her breasts so she held it in place under her arms, “I'm going to attempt something. I won't hurt you. I don't know if this will work, but it is worth a try.”
 
Holding her shirt in place with one hand, she took the other and reached over for Kichou's hand and placed it on her shoulder at InuYasha's mark. “Hold your hand there and close your eyes.”
 
Kagome once again glowed pink and surrounded Kichou. Kagome tried to transmit the feelings that she and InuYasha had for each other through to Kichou. Kichou's eyes opened wide in surprise, and she pulled her hand back as if she had been burned.
 
Kagome looked at her with a smile. “Did you feel it? That is how InuYasha and I feel about each other.”
 
Kichou nodded. “How…I didn't know it was possible to feel so…intense about someone.”
 
Kagome responded, “We love each other and have for a long time. We've had a lot of catching up to do. Now, I want to show you the difference. Place your hand on my other shoulder over Sesshomaru's mark and close your eyes again.”
 
Kichou did as told and was once again enveloped in Kagome's pink glow. This time she did not pull away. The feelings there were entirely different.
 
Kagome asked Kichou, “Do you see the difference?”
 
Kichou responded, “He does not really want you like InuYasha does - he has lusted after you subsequent to helping heal you. You do not love him that way, either. You respect him and agreed to his protection, so you accept him fully, even when he only needs to satisfy his - urges. I do not understand.”
 
Kagome answered as she pulled her shirt back on, “I had to submit to him fully for him to mark me. After he saved us I completely trust him. I will not deny what he needs. He knows and understands this. Sesshomaru had only intended for it to happen the one time when he marked me, but has since been thrown into situations with us where it was difficult for him. InuYasha and I accept that it was part of the bargain we made, so I have given myself to Sesshomaru when he needed it. I don't think that's all of it, though. I also think Sesshomaru has been trying to understand his own father better as well. He never understood why their father took InuYasha's mother as his mate. Lastly, I'm not really the one he's been thinking about. Sesshomaru wants another and I'm just filling in until he courts her properly and takes her as his mate.”
 
Kichou was almost in tears. “I have heard the rumors. The Inu no Taisho developed a taste for human women, and then InuYasha. Lord Sesshomaru wants to be like his father and is waiting until Rin is old enough so he can claim her as his mate. That is who he really wants, is it not?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “No, it isn't. No one knows why InuYasha's father fell in love with his mother except his father, and he's dead. InuYasha is half human, so it isn't a great stretch for him to fall in love with a human. Sesshomaru told me he thinks of Rin as his own pup, not a potential mate.”
 
Kichou still looked downhearted. “If not you or Rin, then who?”
 
“It's you he wants, Kichou. Only you,” Kagome replied.
 
Kichou's eyes opened wide again. “You think so?”
 
Kagome nodded. “I know so. Remember, I can pick up on his feelings as well as the other way around. He tried to resist coming to me and was thinking of you when he did.”
 
Kichou and Kagome sat in silence for a few minutes as Kagome wordlessly called to InuYasha and Sesshomaru to come. When they appeared, Kagome said, “I'm going to spend some time with my mate. Sesshomaru, it's time for you and Kichou to have a talk.”
 
Kagome whispered in InuYasha's ear. He grinned and leaned down to pick her up on his back. He took off running through his forest as Sesshomaru sat down next to Kichou on the roots of Goshinboku.
 
 
Everyone seemed much more content when they returned to Kaede's hut later that evening. Kagome's face was flushed and she seemed quite happy as she talked with Kaede telling her about Miroku and Sango's work in the village and that they intended to return to Kaede before the birth of their child. InuYasha had pulled her back to lean against his chest once again and had his arms wrapped around her. He occasionally interjected into the conversation, but mostly remained quiet and listened to his mate.
 
Kichou had been introduced to Kaede and Shippou before she and Sesshomaru went out to find a place to spend the evening. Once again, they found themselves back at the base of Goshinboku. Feeling much better about her place with Lord Sesshomaru, Kichou settled against him and used him as a pillow as they both drifted off to sleep.
 
To be continued…