InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ The Strength Within ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha (they belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi) but I do own Kaminari, Kaiho, and the lovely Kichou.
 
Blood & Tears
 
 
Chapter 11: The Strength Within (Warning: Lemons in Chapter)
 
 
Kagome woke the following morning to a low growl from InuYasha.
 
“What is it?” Kagome asked.
 
“More wolves,” InuYasha replied. “I'm going out to see who it is. At least one of them smells familiar.”
 
Kagome grabbed her bow and arrows. “I'm coming, too. If there are wolf demons, it involves me.”
 
InuYasha didn't argue. He knew part of Kagome facing her fears would be to face the wolves. He bent down and pulled Kagome on his back. InuYasha took off at a run to stop the demons before they got any closer.
 
 
They met them at the clearing on the outskirts of the village. InuYasha stopped so Kagome could hop down before they got too close. InuYasha drew Tessaiga and transformed it, and Kagome nocked an arrow. They would not be caught unprepared again.
 
InuYasha could smell that this bunch had come for trouble. He stepped in front of Kagome as he said, “Why are you here? You're a long way from the northern mountains, Ayame.”
 
The female wolf demon stepped forth. “We've come for retribution. You have murdered Kouga and most of his pack. He was supposed to be my mate.”
 
InuYasha replied, “No, I didn't kill him, though I wish I had. Kouga attempted to kill me and steal Kagome, but was stopped by my brother. Exactly why do you think Kouga brought fifty of his pack with him, except for the two who probably wouldn't have approved of what they planned to do?”
 
Four of the wolf demons had tried to come around behind InuYasha while he was speaking to Ayame. InuYasha calmly took Tessaiga, made one leap, and cut all four of them down. In a singular motion, he was back with Kagome.
 
InuYasha looked at Ayame with cold, shrewd eyes. “Try that again, and I will take all of you out. Kouga tried to kill me, and he badly hurt Kagome. He tried to make it so no other would ever want to touch her. Kouga had no intention of taking her as his mate - all because I'm hanyou and he couldn't stand the fact Kagome wanted to be with me. I have no love for wolves, so don't test me again.”
 
Ayame looked at InuYasha and knew she had bitten off more than she could chew. She could not explain the new power that radiated from him. He was no longer brash and charging around, but was calm and calculating. InuYasha was far more dangerous than he had ever been, even if he appeared more peaceful on the outset.
 
Ayame glanced at the remains of the four InuYasha had killed with a single stroke of his blade. “I do not understand. Kouga was always proclaiming his love for Kagome.”
 
Kagome sensed the change in Ayame's attitude and lowered her bow as she stepped forward. “Kouga never really loved me. He only wanted me at first because I could see the Sacred Jewel shards, and he wanted more of them for more power. After Naraku was destroyed, he only wanted me to keep InuYasha from having me. He told me it wouldn't even matter if I were marked as InuYasha's mate because he would not respect the mark of a hanyou. He raped me and intended to hand me over to his pack.”
 
Ayame couldn't back down in front of her pack, but didn't wish for all of them to die there, either. “How can I believe what you say?”
 
Kagome beckoned for Ayame to come closer. “I think I can show you.”
 
Kagome was hoping what worked with Kichou would work with Ayame.
 
Kagome set her bow and arrows down as she pulled her shirt up on her back and said, “Find the worst of the scars and place your hand over it and close your eyes. I won't hurt you unless you try something.”
 
InuYasha understood what Kagome was about to attempt. Kagome had explained what had happened with Kichou the day before. He still kept Tessaiga ready in case any of the others tried anything.
 
Kagome once again glowed pink and surrounded Ayame with her aura. She transmitted to the wolf princess all of the images, sounds and feelings possible of what Kouga and the other wolves had done to her and InuYasha. It was difficult for Kagome to drag up the incident again, but knew dealing with it was also part of her own healing process. When she was finished the glow receded back into her body, and Ayame had a look of shock and horror on her face.
 
Kagome wiped tears from her face as she stepped back next to InuYasha. “Now do you understand?”
 
Ayame had no idea that the male she sought as her mate could be so cruel. Power was one thing, but what he had done was inexcusable. Everything that Kagome and InuYasha had told her was true.
 
Ayame shook her head. “I'm sorry. I did not know Kouga was capable of such cruelty. We will trouble you no further.”
 
In a flash, Ayame and the remainder of her pack were gone.
 
 
Sesshomaru and Kichou appeared as the others ran off. InuYasha turned to his brother. “Some help you were!”
 
Sesshomaru addressed InuYasha, “Little Brother, you did not need my help. Do you not sense it?”
 
InuYasha replied, “What do you mean?”
 
They weren't far from where they battled the band of rogue demons the day before. Sesshomaru motioned for them to follow him.
 
As they stood where InuYasha had unleashed the Wind Scar, InuYasha looked at the depth of the gouges in the earth. “I don't understand. I don't remember ever doing this much damage before.”
 
“Do you not feel the power coursing through you? We can,” Kichou said.
 
“I've felt stronger, more calm - more secure - ever since I took Kagome as my mate. I thought it was mostly because she accepted me, and I wasn't worried about what to do any more,” InuYasha replied.
 
Sesshomaru addressed Kichou and Kagome, “If you will excuse us for a few minutes, I wish to speak with my brother.”
 
Kagome nodded and replied, “We'll go back and find something for breakfast. Come back to Kaede's hut when you are finished.”
 
As they watched the backs of the two girls walking away from them, Sesshomaru finally spoke again, “InuYasha, you practically had to raise yourself. You were constantly fighting for your place in this world. Am I correct?”
 
InuYasha nodded. “I was accepted by neither humans nor demons. Both were trying to kill me most of the time. When I became strong enough, I started to fight back. If they would not accept me, then I would make them fear me.”
 
“So you often fought without thinking. It was why I was able to goad you into battle so easily,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“I knew you hated me and would try to kill me - I had to fight back. Then when you attacked Kagome…” InuYasha didn't finish his thought.
 
“You showed power and speed I did not think it was possible for a hanyou to possess - all because you needed to protect her,” Sesshomaru stated.
 
“I've always been stronger when she's with me. I just thought finally taking her as my mate sealed that. I finally felt that I had a place to belong. Then, when you accepted me as your brother, I no longer felt an outcast of the family. It…it's difficult to explain,” InuYasha said quietly.
 
“InuYasha, you now know your place in this world - by your mate's side wherever she is. The power you fought for before now radiates from you in such waves that only some humans will not pick up on it. You are calmer and more calculating. You think before you charge, and you are far more dominant and dangerous to your enemies than you were at any time in the past. You are easily equal to me in strength; yet do not feel the need to demonstrate that now because you are secure in your place. You are stronger than most full demons, and only a foolish few would dare challenge you. Personally, I am glad that we have made amends because I prefer you as an ally rather than an enemy. You are more formidable than ever. That wolf demon bitch was looking for a way out the minute you dispatched of her four comrades.”
 
InuYasha had not said anything, so Sesshomaru continued, “I cannot tell you how much you and Kagome have taught me about the strength of the love that you share. I still do not truly comprehend it, but being tied to both of you as I have since the mating gives me some insight. In truth, you do not need me to help you protect Kagome, but I appreciate you both allowing me to use her to try to understand our father better as well satiate my own needs.
 
"I was somewhat envious of you - you were able to find a mate that was so strong and giving, not petty and selfish as so many human and even demon females can be. You both also demonstrated that you have great honor by accepting the circumstances that accompany the eldest claiming a sibling's mate rather than putting up a fight because I told you I would only take her the one time. That was my intent, but the feelings that you two generated were so intense they made me want more.
 
"I thought I would lose Kichou when she showed up here so soon after I had been with Kagome, but Kagome sensed what was wrong and immediately went to explain that situation. Because of Kagome's actions, I was able to talk with Kichou and explain my future intentions with her. I have been foolish for many years. I thought if I took a mate it would make me weaker, but you have proved otherwise. I was lucky Kichou did not find anyone that measured up for her when her parents sent her to visit with the other Inu-youkai clans. I almost missed my chance. I will not allow the opportunity I have been given pass by.”
 
InuYasha finally spoke, “First, it would be difficult for any other youkai to measure up to you if you were the one she really wanted. Also, I could feel that something was missing from your life, and that was why when Kagome asked how I would feel if you wanted her to go alone with you, I told her I was okay with it. It was why I offered for you to join us back in the slayer village.
 
"I wasn't worried because I know she loves me, but could help show you something you did not have, and I knew she was willing. I could tell that it was Kichou that you really wanted - so could Kagome. We can never fully repay you for what you did for us. Even though we are both stronger now, we know we would have died if you had not shown up that day. I guess we will never really know if our new strength comes from our mating alone, our mating in addition to you claiming both of us, the fact that the jewel was purified and Midoriko spoke to us, or a combination of everything. I'm just glad that things have worked out the way they have.”
 
Sesshomaru looked thoughtfully at his brother. “So am I, Little Brother, so am I. By the way, consider any dept repaid in full. I may have saved your lives, but you have given new life and hope to mine. In a way, you have saved me as well.”
 
InuYasha nodded, and they headed back to join the others for breakfast.
 
 
They arrived at Kaede's hut to find breakfast waiting for them. Sesshomaru sat next to Kichou as InuYasha sat down next to Kagome. Sesshomaru told them that he and Kichou had decided to make at least part of the journey on foot so they could get to know each other better as well as have Kichou spend some time with Rin so they could do the same. They all knew each other from the castle, but had not spent any real time together. Shippou also needed to learn a few boundaries before they reached their home.
 
As they ate breakfast Kagome told Kaede of her plans to go home and finish school. Kagome did not know when they would be back to the village. Of course InuYasha would be coming with her. Kagome did mention she planned to come back when Sango was due to have her baby.
 
After breakfast, Sesshomaru went to collect Ah-Uhn. He returned with the dragon ready to go so InuYasha fastened the provisions that Kagome and Kaede had packed for the group on their journey to his harness. It would take approximately four days if they traveled the entire route on foot. Kagome hugged Sesshomaru, Kichou, Shippou, and Rin one last time before the group headed west.
 
Kagome called after them, “Sesshomaru, I hope that you will be able to come and visit.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded his head in acknowledgement. 
 
Kagome turned to Kaede and InuYasha after the group had disappeared from sight. “Well, I guess it's time. Are you ready, InuYasha? It's time to go home.”
 
InuYasha nodded, threw the backpack over his shoulder and took her hand.
 
“We'll be seeing you, Kaede,” InuYasha said as he led Kagome out of the hut and towards the well. When they reached it, InuYasha kissed Kagome before he picked her up and jumped in.
 
 
InuYasha leapt silently out of the well to the floor of the well house. He cautiously surveyed the grounds before he and Kagome left the sanctity of the well house. Despite the delay in their departure due to the wolves, it was still too early for visitors at the shrine yet, though Grandpa was already out on the grounds. Kagome didn't say anything to alert him that they were there since she wanted to see her mother first.
 
Kagome called to her mother as they entered the door to the house. Mama Higurashi appeared in the entryway and hugged her daughter and InuYasha. “I'm so glad you're home. You've been gone nearly a month. What happened?”
 
Kagome answered, “We have lots to tell you. We'd better go sit. Would you mind making some tea?”
 
Mama nodded and they all went into the kitchen.
 
Kagome and InuYasha sat next to each other, watching Mama make the tea at the stove. When it was ready, she poured each of them a cup and one for herself, and then sat down across from them. She didn't say anything, just looked at them expectantly.
 
Kagome had been trying to gather her thoughts while they waited, but wasn't sure where to begin. She decided to tell Mama the one thing she knew she would want to know first. “Mama, InuYasha and I are mates now. We are promised and bonded to each other for life.”
 
“How and when did this happen? Is there a way for others to tell?” Mama asked.
 
“We had to mark each other,” Kagome replied. She stretched her shirt to bare the mark that InuYasha placed on her.
 
Mama stood up and came to examine it. “A red crescent moon and the Kanji for `Salvation,' and `Love?'” she asked.
 
“The crescent moon is the symbol of InuYasha's family. That is how his demon half marked me. His human half marked me with the Kanji symbols,” Kagome replied.
 
“Did you mark InuYasha as well?” Mama asked.
 
InuYasha followed suit and bared his shoulder to Mama so she could see the Kanji for `Friend,' `Lover,' and `Mine.'
 
“His aren't the same as yours,” Mama said.
 
“We didn't have any control over what they turned into. We marked each other with what our mate meant to us. It represents our feelings at their deepest level,” Kagome told her.
 
Mama nodded her understanding and asked, “How can others tell if they can't see them?”
 
“Humans won't really be able to tell, but other youkai can sense it. They don't actually have to see it,” InuYasha finally joined the conversation.
 
Before her mother had a chance to ask about marriage, Kagome changed the subject, “That wasn't all that happened. We found the last shard of the jewel and completed it.”
 
This time her mother's eyes opened wide in surprise. “You completed it? Where is it?”
 
Kagome told her mother how they found the last jewel shard at Sesshomaru's home with another who thought to overthrow him. When she finished she said, “It was purified and disintegrated. It exists no more.”
 
“How did you purify it? Did you make a wish?” Mama asked.
 
“We didn't make a wish, but Midoriko appeared to us. She said it was our love and selflessness that purified the jewel. She told me that we could travel through the well as long as we use it at least once a year and she bonded my soul to InuYasha's so that I will age with him.”
 
Mama looked at her. “You're leaving something out.”
 
“It was purified when we were in the process of claiming each other as mates. It was the only thing I was wearing,” Kagome said as she blushed.
 
“You mean the jewel was purified when you were in the middle of…” Mama blushed as well. She couldn't finish her question.
 
Kagome just nodded. Her face now matched InuYasha's firerat.
 
“I don't guess we'll find that recorded anywhere in the shrine records,” was all Mama could say.
 
They sat in silence for a few minutes and sipped at their tea when Kagome finally was ready to speak again, “Since the jewel is purified and everything else in the past is taken care of for now, I'll be staying here so I can finish school. Are they going to let me since I decked Eri?”
 
Mama actually laughed and replied, “They agreed to let you home school if you prefer. You can either have a teacher visit to administer your tests, or you can go to the school to take them when they are given. Your other assignments can be done over the computer. They have a website you can log into to retrieve and submit them.
 
“They quite understood after your friend Ayume told them exactly what happened. They were not pleased at the number of lies that Eri told them. While they cannot condone your hitting her, under the circumstances they have agreed that punishment is not necessary. I assured them that it would not happen again as long as Eri is kept away from you. The girl has no manners and does not have good sense. It's already Thursday, so why don't I let the school know that you will be ready to start on Monday? By the way, you should call Ayume. She has called a few times to check on you. I told her after your relapse I had sent you and InuYasha away to visit some relatives for a while.”
 
Kagome nodded. “I'll call her after she gets home from school. Right now I'm beat. We've been sleeping on the ground the last few nights and I would like to lie down in my nice, soft bed.”
 
Kagome stood up and InuYasha followed suit. Before they left Mama asked, “Do you want me to wake you for lunch?”
 
“Yes, please. I think I'll feel better with a few hours sleep. I'm sure I'll be hungry. I still have a little more weight to gain back so I shouldn't miss any meals,” Kagome answered.
 
Mama nodded as Kagome and InuYasha climbed the stairs to her bedroom.
 
Too tired to even climb under the covers, Kagome fell on her bed fully clothed. InuYasha crawled behind her, lay on his side and pulled her to him. Together, they fell sound asleep.
 
 
Mama Higurashi hated to wake them when she came up to let the pair know lunch would be ready soon. When she opened the door and looked in, both Kagome and InuYasha were sound asleep on top of the bed covers. InuYasha still had Kagome protectively pulled into his body with his arms wrapped around her, his face tucked into her neck at her shoulder.
 
Mama was trying to determine the best way to wake them without startling them when she saw InuYasha's golden eyes open. He had awakened when he sensed her presence in the room. In turn he gave Kagome a gentle squeeze that brought her out of her dreams.
 
Kagome yawned and realized her mother was in the room. “Is it lunch time already?”
 
“It will be ready in about thirty minutes. I thought you might want to take a shower and put on some clean clothes first.”
 
Kagome yawned again. “You're right; I do need a bath and change. We'll be down in a little while.”
 
After her mother returned downstairs Kagome went to her dresser and pulled out some clean clothes to wear. She also pulled out some sweats and a t-shirt for InuYasha to put on.
 
“Come on, we both need to clean up,” she told him.
 
Kagome stripped off her clothes and put on a robe and went to the bathroom. InuYasha did the same and followed.
 
Knowing she would want a good bath later, right now Kagome was content to at least run the hot water of the shower over her. She turned the shower on, adjusted the temperature, and pulled InuYasha in with her.
 
Kagome took the shampoo and washed both her hair and InuYasha's, and followed with the conditioner. She then soaped up her puff and proceeded to soap her body all over. Then she handed it to InuYasha so he could wash her back. After her back had been scrubbed, he soaped himself all over and handed it back to Kagome so she could scrub his back. Then they just stood and held each other under the warm water. Feeling much better, InuYasha reached down and kissed Kagome.
 
Wondering what it would be like in the shower, she reached down and stroked him for an instant response. InuYasha picked her up and then lowered her onto him, not turning loose of their kiss during the process. Kagome placed her hands on his shoulders as she wrapped her legs around him, then pulled herself up and let herself back down on him again. InuYasha placed his hands around her small waist to support her as he thrust into her. Kagome broke from their kiss and had thrown her head back in pleasure, panting as she rode him. InuYasha thrust harder until he felt her body start to tremble, and then he joined her as his seed first filled her, and then started to run back out mingled with her juices to join the water running down the drain. InuYasha held her to him for a few minutes - Kagome still had her legs and arms wrapped around him, her head now buried in the mane at his neck.
 
Kagome kissed InuYasha softly one more time before she unwrapped herself from around him and lowered herself to stand on the shower floor. Making sure they were both rinsed off, Kagome turned off the shower and grabbed a towel. They needed to get dressed before they went down for lunch.
 
 
Mama warned Kagome when they came down that she had not told Grandpa yet about her and InuYasha being mates. Grandpa still occasionally threw a sutra or two at InuYasha, and Mama wasn't sure how he would take it when he found out his only granddaughter was mated to a half demon. That could wait until later.
 
As expected, Grandpa started asking a million questions when he came in. Mama finally asked him to hush - Kagome was tired and wasn't really ready to tell them everything that had happened yet.
 
Kagome and InuYasha ate silently and as quickly as they could without being rude. Kagome announced she was ready to finish her nap. After excusing themselves and clearing their dishes, Kagome and InuYasha went back upstairs and fell on the bed. This time, they pulled off their clothes and climbed under the covers with InuYasha once again tucking Kagome's body into his before they fell back asleep.
 
 
InuYasha woke first. He took a deep breath of Kagome's clean fresh scent as she lay sleeping in front of him. He knew she was still exhausted from everything that had happened the last few days, so InuYasha was content to lie there and hold her as she slept. When Kagome finally stirred, she rolled over to face InuYasha and look into his amber eyes. She kissed him gently and then tucked her head into his shoulder. She too was content to lie there in her mate's arms and just let him hold her.
 
When Kagome was finally fully awake she said, “I guess we should get up and get dressed. Souta will probably be home from school soon.”
 
“Keh.” InuYasha kissed her one more time and threw the covers back.
 
They both retrieved the clothes they had worn down to lunch earlier and dressed, and then headed downstairs.
 
 
They were in the kitchen drinking tea when Souta came home from school. Like Grandpa, he had a million questions about their adventures. Kagome gave him some of the highlights (minus the mating) until Mama shooed him upstairs to start on his homework.
 
Kagome looked up at the clock and said, “Ayume may be home by now. I think I'll give her a call.”
 
As she stood up, InuYasha said, “Kagome, if you want to do another of those double-date things, not tomorrow night, okay?”
 
Kagome first looked puzzled and then it dawned on her - Friday night would be the new moon, “Okay.”
 
Mama sat down across from InuYasha while Kagome called Ayume, “InuYasha, did you enjoy it when you went out with Kagome before?”
 
InuYasha nodded. “We had a good time except for the Eri girl. She nearly ruined it.”
 
“Then what is bothering you? I can tell something is,” Mama questioned gently.
 
“I'm not sure what I'm going to do in this time. Kagome has been trying to help me with my reading and writing. I had learned some before my mother died, but I was still little. I have a lot to learn if I'm going to stay here for any length of time,” InuYasha replied.
 
Mama's heart actually jumped - InuYasha might be considering staying here permanently with Kagome, which would make Mama very happy.
 
“InuYasha, since Kagome is going to be staying home for most of her schooling, maybe we can teach you at the same time. I can get some books to help you get started. If you like it, we can get at tutor for you later.”
 
InuYasha looked puzzled, so Mama clarified, “A teacher just for you that would come here to help you.”
 
“Really?” InuYasha's face brightened.
 
“If that's what you want,” Mama replied.
 
InuYasha nodded his reply.
 
InuYasha felt considerably better. He didn't know how he would do, but he was willing to try anything to fit in and make Kagome happy. If nothing else, he had promised to stay put while she finished school, so he might as well make use of his time. While he didn't mind helping Grandpa with the physical labor around the shrine, InuYasha wanted to do more. He needed to find a way to help provide for Kagome if they decided to stay here.
 
 
 
Some time later Kagome returned to the kitchen looking cheerful. Ayume was still seeing Niro and had indeed asked Kagome if they wanted to try another double date just for fun. Kagome told her Saturday would be good, so it had been arranged. Ayume would talk to Niro and Kagome would talk to InuYasha and then they would discuss over the phone Friday night what they wanted to do on Saturday.
 
InuYasha's ears perked up and he said, “I think the old man needs some help,” as he got up and ran out the door.
 
While he was out, Mama decided to talk to Kagome about the discussion she had with InuYasha.
 
“Kagome, have you and InuYasha discussed which era you will stay in?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “Not really. We decided I would come back here to finish school, but we haven't discussed anything past that. How come?”
 
“Just curious. InuYasha said that you had been helping him to learn to read and write better. He mentioned that he had a lot to learn if he was going to stay here for any length of time. I told him since you are going to be home-schooled, I can get some books and things to help him, maybe even a tutor later if he wants one,” Mama answered.
 
Kagome looked thoughtful. “He has been asking more questions about this time period. I know he wants me to be happy, but I don't want him to be miserable. He is smart and picks up what I show him pretty quickly. Do you think he can learn enough to be happy here?”
 
Mama responded, “I guess we won't know until we try. Why don't we go out tomorrow and pick up some things to help get him started? Since you are starting back to school on Monday, he can get started then, too.”
 
Kagome went around and hugged her mother. “Thanks, Mama.”
 
 
It wasn't long before InuYasha came in with Grandpa. The elderly priest had one arm draped around InuYasha's shoulder, and InuYasha had his arm around Grandpa who had apparently strained his back. InuYasha was mumbling something to the old man about calling him the next time he wanted to move something that heavy. InuYasha helped Grandpa to his bedroom while Mama fetched a heating pad for his back.
 
Once Gramps had been taken care of, Mama shooed Kagome and InuYasha out of the kitchen. She needed to prepare dinner and told them there really wasn't anything they could do to help. InuYasha and Kagome wandered into the living room and turned on the TV. InuYasha stretched out on the couch and rested his head in Kagome's lap as she requested so she could play with his ears. He closed his eyes as his chest started to rumble. This time, there were no rude interruptions. 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Mama and Kagome took InuYasha shopping with them the next day. They had first decided he was going to need some more clothes. Winter was coming plus InuYasha was going to be there for a lot longer than two weeks. They even convinced him into trying some socks and a pair of boots. InuYasha might be used to going barefoot in the snow, but it wasn't something that your everyday Japanese were used to seeing. They discovered if InuYasha tried a half size larger, they didn't hurt his feet nearly as much. They found both a pair of boots and shoes that were acceptable to him. They also bought him some more pants, sweatshirts, and sweaters to wear as it got colder.
 
After Kagome and Mama thought InuYasha was properly outfitted, they went to a store that sold books and school supplies. They bought several levels of books in different subjects along with the workbooks that went with them. Once they decided they had enough to keep InuYasha busy for a while, they purchased their finds and headed for the car.
 
Kagome's stomach rumbled and they realized it was well past lunchtime. Mama asked if they wanted to stop for lunch as Kagome's stomach growled again. Taking that as a yes, she pulled into a restaurant parking lot and they went inside.
 
InuYasha was quietly excited that he could read more of the menu this time. He picked out something that looked good to him, though he did double-check with Kagome to make sure there wasn't any curry in it. Kagome tried not to giggle - InuYasha had picked what was basically the restaurant's version of Ramen.
 
Their last stop was at the market. Mama felt like celebrating that Kagome was home to stay, at least for a while, so she bought several special things to prepare. Once they had everything they needed, they loaded up the car and headed back to the shrine.
 
As they were driving back, InuYasha asked, “What's that over there?”
 
Kagome looked over at what was usually an empty parking lot that had a flood of activity going on. Immediately she could see the rides that were being set up as well as booths for games and food. “It looks like they are setting up a carnival. It might be fun to go to. They should have it running by tonight. We could go tomorrow night with Ayume and Niro if you want to check it out.”
 
“What is it?” InuYasha asked.
 
“They have rides, food and games you can play. It will only be here for a week or two and then it will move on to a new location. They are usually fun to go to,” Kagome replied.
 
“Okay,” InuYasha responded.
 
“I'll tell Ayume about it when she calls and see if she and Niro want to go. If they don't we can come later in the week, okay?”
 
“Keh.”
 
 
Kagome called Ayume before supper and let her know about the carnival going up not too far from the shrine. Ayume had read something about it in the paper and she and Niro had already thought to suggest going to it with Kagome and InuYasha. They also discussed going to a restaurant for dinner first. Sometimes carnival food was good, but it was generally very overpriced. They decided to go where they could get a light dinner first so they would still have room to try some things if they looked good, or wouldn't get sick if they went on any of the rides.
 
 
Kagome was stuffed after dinner. Her mother had bought steak and everything she could think of to accompany it. Kagome was so full she thought InuYasha would have to roll her into the living room. Kagome wouldn't ask him to carry her since he had turned human just before Mama put dinner on the table.
 
At least Grandpa and Souta had learned not to ask InuYasha a lot of questions when he was human. He always felt very vulnerable and was basically grouchy. Any questions regarding his state often got a not-too-nice answer.
 
They had gone in to watch television for a while when Kagome announced she was tired and ready to go upstairs. InuYasha followed her silently up the staircase into her room.
 
After they entered her room, Kagome turned and locked the door. She went and threw her arms around him and drew him into a hard and passionate kiss. InuYasha immediately responded and pulled her close to him.
 
When she finally pulled away, Kagome whispered, “I love you InuYasha. I want to know all of you in every way.”
 
Kagome emphasized her remark by reaching down to unbutton and unzip InuYasha's jeans he had worn for the day. In no time at all, all of their clothes were scattered on the floor. Kagome lay on her back on the floor because she was afraid they would make too much noise on the bed.
 
InuYasha didn't ask questions. Even without his heightened senses he knew what she wanted, what he wanted. He lowered his head between her legs and gently went to work with his tongue and fingers. After her body had stopped its tremors and returned to the floor, he moved up and positioned himself over her, feeling a hand grasp him to help guide him in.
 
“I love you too, Kagome. I'd do anything for you,” InuYasha said very quietly as he entered her and started to thrust. Before he knew it, Kagome had rolled on her left side again and he had her right leg under his arm. InuYasha's head was thrown back with his eyes closed, as he started to rock into Kagome as hard as he could. As she had done before, Kagome grabbed the article of clothing closest to her and pulled it to her mouth to stifle her moans. InuYasha felt like he was in heaven as Kagome climaxed and drew him in even further. He slammed into her one last time as he released the fire that had built up inside of him. He stopped his movement and just stayed still for a minute, then gently eased Kagome on her back without losing his contact with her. Laying himself on top of her, he then rolled over onto his back taking her with him. Neither of them knew how long they lay like that on the floor, Kagome securely clutched in InuYasha arms.
 
It turned out that wasn't all Kagome had planned for the evening. When they finally broke apart, she tackled InuYasha with her hands and tongue and had him ready for more in no time. She flipped over on her hands and knees, clear that she wanted him to take her from behind.
 
InuYasha knew what she meant by `all of you in every way' before the night was over. Before they finally climbed into bed and went to sleep, Kagome had tested human InuYasha in every position they had ever tried - and found out they were just as much fun when he was mortal. InuYasha amazed himself - he never realized he could have that much stamina as a human.
 
 
When they awoke the following morning, Kagome reached behind her and grasped the hard object pressing into her back. She changed her position enough that she could guide InuYasha into her from behind. InuYasha started to thrust into her as his hand reached down and went after her clit and button until he could feel her convulsions trying to suck him in even further. Certain that she had found her release, he drove hard one more time and filled her with his warmth. He played with her breasts and nipped and suckled at her neck and shoulder as he held her to him.
 
They stayed like that for a few minutes until InuYasha finally heard Kagome say, “We need to take a bath before we get dressed and go downstairs, okay?”
 
InuYasha responded by throwing the covers back to reveal their naked bodies.
 
“Do you think we better go separately since everyone is home and in the house?” he asked.
 
Kagome sighed - she wanted him in the bath with her but knew he was right. Grandpa and Souta didn't know about them yet - that would be some way for them to find out. “You're right. Do you want to go first or want me to? I want to soak in the bath a bit.”
 
InuYasha responded by getting up and placing the covers back over Kagome. “I won't take long. You stay here until I get back.”
 
He threw on a robe and went to take a quick shower.
 
InuYasha returned to find that Kagome had laid out his clothes for him. “Oi, wench. You think I can't dress myself?”
 
Kagome just grinned. “I know you can, but I just want to, okay?”
 
“Okay, wench.” InuYasha kissed her one more time before getting dressed.
 
Kagome decided she better head for the bath before she had him on the floor again.
 
 
To be continued…