InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ From Out of the Past ( Chapter 29 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha but I do own Kaminari, Kaiho, and the lovely Kichou.
 
AN: Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to leave a review. I do read them and they help to inspire me to keep writing.
 
 
Blood & Tears
 
 
Chapter29: From out of the Past (Warning: Lemons)
 
 
When InuYasha jumped out of the well and landed on the floor of the well house, he set Kagome on her feet, the backpack on the ground, and then kissed her.
 
“Not that I'm complaining, but what was that for?” Kagome asked.
 
“Because I'm glad we are safely back, and because I love you,” InuYasha replied.
 
That must have been the right thing to say because Kagome fisted her hands in his mane and pulled him to her. When she finally had to pull away for air she replied, “I love you too, InuYasha. Are you ready to go home?”
 
InuYasha nodded and slung the backpack over his shoulder and took Kagome by the hand. They would go into the house first to retrieve their cell phones, InuYasha's wallet and concealment charm, along with Kagome's purse. InuYasha changed out of his firerat and hakama into sweats and a t-shirt, and then the couple visited with Mama while they waited for their driver to come and collect them.
 
Mama gave them both a hug before they sat down at the kitchen table. She made tea while Kagome told her all about Sango and Miroku's boy as well as Kichou's four infants. Of course Kagome left out the part where she saved Kichou's life and that of the fourth pup, so InuYasha told her mother what had happened. Fortunately, he did not find it necessary to tell her about their coupling in the hallway of the great castle in front of Sesshomaru and Kaminari.
 
 
Their car came to take InuYasha and Kagome home, for both of them did consider the penthouse apartment as their home now. They were comfortable there, and InuYasha felt secure at the top of the tall building. InuYasha acknowledged the employees when they bowed to him as he walked through the lobby to their private elevator and headed for the top floor.
 
They came in to find everything just as they had left it, though InuYasha could tell that his brother had been in to check on things in their absence. He set the backpack and Tessaiga down and drew Kagome to him for another kiss.
 
“It's nice out, you want to go and sit in the pool on the terrace?” InuYasha asked Kagome, knowing she enjoyed the warm pool as much as he did.
 
“Yes, but let's at least rinse off in the shower first. I feel filthy after traveling for two and a half days,” Kagome replied.
 
InuYasha picked his mate up and carried her to the shower. He helped her out of her clothes before he stripped out of his own. Once the temperature had been adjusted so it wasn't too hot, InuYasha stepped in and pulled Kagome in with him.
 
They went through their ritual of washing each other's hair and bodies until Kagome decided they were clean. InuYasha turned the water off and reached out for two towels. He looked at Kagome as she giggled. “What?”
 
Kagome just laughed. “We're drying off so we can go and get wet again.”
 
“Keh, you know we can't go dripping through the house. It isn't good for the hardwood floors,” InuYasha replied with a smile.
 
He traded her robe for her towel and they both headed for the terrace and the relaxation of the warm pool.
 
“InuYasha, before we go out you should call the tutors and let them know we are back and will be ready to start again on Monday. We might forget before we come back in,” Kagome said.
 
“Oi, wench. You're right,” InuYasha replied, and then asked, “What day is it, anyway?”
 
Kagome flipped open her cell phone. “Thursday.”
 
InuYasha nodded as he picked up the cordless phone and punched the speed dial for the first tutor. After he left a message on his voice mail, he dialed the other tutor and did the same thing.
 
“Anything else?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Should we let Kichou and Sesshomaru know we are back?” Kagome asked.
 
“I think my brother already knows,” InuYasha responded.
 
“Then let's go,” Kagome replied as she took his hand and led him out to the terrace.
 
They had tossed their robes and fresh towels on the chair near the pool before InuYasha stepped in and then held Kagome's hand as she followed him. They both settled in so they were sitting where only their heads and shoulders were exposed. InuYasha felt a thumb start to stroke his ear and he leaned into Kagome's hand in pleasure.
 
The pool had been cleverly constructed so that the ledge that was built into it as a seat had three different levels, and they were currently using the one that was almost on the bottom. Kagome shifted around so that she was in front of InuYasha so that she could lean back against his strong chest. InuYasha breathed in the scent of her hair as he gently played with her breasts before he reached down with one hand to stroke between her folds.
 
Kagome responded by spreading her legs for him and reaching backwards to wrap her hands behind his neck, opening herself even more to his ministrations. InuYasha kissed his mark on her left shoulder as he stroked her breast with his left thumb and her clit with his right middle finger. He kept at it until she was bucking in his hand and Kagome thought she was going to have to beg InuYasha to stop because she couldn't take any more. Kagome sighed as her mate finally trailed his hand back up to her right breast so that he could continue to caress it as before. Once again, Kagome settled back against the strong chest of her hanyou and enjoyed soaking in the warm water.
 
InuYasha was enjoying the peace and quiet with his mate when he felt her small hand reach back and gently start to stroke him. When Kagome thought he was ready, she stood in the pool and bent over to grasp the edge with her hands. Fairly certain that she would not be comfortable like that for very long, InuYasha entered her from behind and quickly found his rhythm. He didn't attempt to hold back and was pouring himself into her in what seemed like no time at all. Kagome did not know how he managed it, but she found herself in his lap, once again sitting in the warm water. He was holding her body to his, with his chest rumbling against her back in contentment.
 
Kagome decided to try something, just out of curiosity. She wondered if her hanyou would notice. Part of her exercises for preparing for childbirth included working the inner muscles of her channel. She started to flex her inner walls while InuYasha was still inside her.
 
Apparently InuYasha noticed, because his eyes opened wide at the sensation and he started to become quite hard again inside her. The hanyou then closed his eyes and nuzzled Kagome's neck as she continued. It felt like she was milking him as she sat in his lap. InuYasha responded by reaching around and once again cupping her breasts and stroking her nipples with his clawed thumbs. He started to trail one hand back down, but apparently his mate was still sensitive from his earlier ministrations. She gently took his hand and placed it back on her breast. InuYasha smiled to himself and relegated his hands to her upper body.
 
When Kagome started to tire, InuYasha decided to help her out and placed his hands around her waist and then moved her up and down. Kagome reached down between them to grasp him between her fingers to apply even more friction. With the additional sensations that added, it wasn't long before InuYasha had exploded into her once again, and then pulled her to his chest to hold close his mate and lover.
 
 
They were sitting side by side again and trying to decide whether or not to get out when they each felt a familiar aura approach.
 
“Should we get out?” Kagome asked.
 
“Keh, let's see what he wants,” InuYasha replied. He was still comfortable and hadn't turned totally into a prune just yet.
 
Sesshomaru just shook his head at the pair as he walked down the steps to the terrace and saw them naked in the pool.
 
“Little Brother, I am not certain the designer had that in mind when he built that hot tub,” Sesshomaru said with a chuckle.
 
InuYasha grinned. “I'm pretty sure this is exactly what he had in mind. Have you been in here?”
 
“Never had the pleasure,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
Kagome chimed in, “It has a ledge for a seat at three different levels, and the bottom is not hard. It doesn't even hurt my knees. You'll have to bring Kichou with you and try it.”
 
“I will make certain to let her know of your invitation,” Sesshomaru replied, and then asked, “Were you planning on coming out of there any time soon?”
 
“Actually, we were just discussing that when we felt you approach,” Kagome responded, “Besides, I'm getting hungry.”
 
“I will wait inside for you,” Sesshomaru said as he went through the door.
 
InuYasha climbed out and retrieved the towels from the chair before holding his hand out to his mate to help her step out of the pool. He handed a towel to Kagome and then proceeded to dry himself off, and put on his robe. He picked up Kagome's robe and held it for her to slip in to. Dry and covered up, they went back inside to join Sesshomaru.
 
“What's up? We just got home,” InuYasha asked, and then added, “By the way, thanks for coming by and checking on things while we were away.”
 
Before the Demon Lord had a chance to answer, Kagome surprised Sesshomaru by hugging him. “Now I know why you and Kichou kept telling us you had five hundred years of happiness because of us. I thought it was only because InuYasha helped to show you that love can be a strength instead of a weakness, but now I know that it was also because I was able to help Kichou and her fourth pup.”
 
“And do you know how hard it was not to take Tessaiga and ram it up Honoo's ass when I saw him?” InuYasha added.
 
“Now you understand why I told you not to say anything when you came back, though in a way, you did,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“What do you mean?” Kagome asked.
 
“While neither of you actually said anything to me, your reactions upon meeting Honoo were quite strong. Kaminari and I both could feel your spike in anger when you first laid eyes on him as well as your intense dislike of Honoo throughout the dinner. That added to the fact he tried to force his way into the nursery made us both wary of him. Honoo was not allowed anywhere near the pups for years, and we kept a spy in his household to warn us if he was going to try anything. The result was that nothing he planned ever came out the way he intended,” Sesshomaru responded, and then continued, “And as for you saving Kichou and Zoutou, I am indeed forever in your debt. They would both surely have died if you had not been there to force the poison from my mate's system. I was able to see past my foolishness and take Kichou as my mate after InuYasha demonstrated how having someone to protect only makes you stronger, but I was able to keep her with me because you were there to save her.”
 
“Well, I am just glad everything worked out and that the two of you are happy,” Kagome said.
 
“And you still haven't told us why you are here,” InuYasha remarked with curiosity.
 
“Kichou wanted me to come and check on you, or actually Kagome. She wanted me to make sure your mate was all right after you returned. Even though it has been five hundred years, she somehow knew this was the trip where you saved her and passed out,” the Demon Lord answered.
 
“I'm fine - just hungry,” Kagome replied. “I don't know what we have to eat after being gone for so long, though. I guess we could always fix some Ramen.”
 
“Keh. I could live on Ramen, but you and the pups need meat. Do you want to get dressed and go out, or have something delivered?” InuYasha responded.
 
Kagome put her hand to InuYasha's forehead. “Are you feeling all right? Did you actually just turn down Ramen?”
 
“Like I said, you need meat. What'll it be?” InuYasha replied as he took her hand and kissed it.
 
“I don't really feel up to going out. Can we just order and have something delivered? That place down the block was pretty good,” Kagome replied.
 
“You can order what you want. You know what I like. I'll go downstairs to pick it up when they come. Sesshomaru, did you want to stay?” InuYasha asked.
 
Sesshomaru shook his head. “Thank you, but Kichou is waiting for a report. I will let her know your miko is unharmed. She also wanted me to ask you to join us Saturday evening for dinner.”
 
InuYasha looked to Kagome and she replied, “I should feel up to going out by then. Tell her we accept. Have her call me tomorrow with whatever we need to know. Also ask her if she wants us to meet you, or do you want to come and pick us up.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded in understanding and headed back out the terrace door. He closed the door behind him and vanished.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Kichou let Kagome know that she and Sesshomaru would come and pick them up for dinner Saturday evening. She told them to dress up for an evening out on the town.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
They were both dressed in black. InuYasha was wearing his black suit with the black shirt and his red and black striped tie while Kagome was in a simple sleeveless black dress with a black lace duster that had a mandarin collar with scalloped edges. She was starting to fill out and though she had not really started showing too much yet, Kagome thought she should start dressing a little more conservatively. They were each wearing their ruby and diamond jewelry as they went downstairs to meet Sesshomaru's limo in front of their building. The chauffeur opened the door for them and they climbed into the car.
 
Once they were on their way, Kagome asked, “Are you going to tell us where we are going?”
 
Kichou just smiled and responded, “It would not be a surprise if we did.”
 
This time it appeared that they were going to a private club with a very elite membership. Only the most exclusive were allowed in. Kagome realized why as they were walking through the main dining room - it appeared that many of the elite members were youkai. Here, in these safe surroundings, their identities were not concealed.
 
The party followed the hostess to a private room. Once they were seated at a rather large table Sesshomaru and Kichou removed their concealment charms and indicated to InuYasha to do the same. Kagome wondered who else was coming - there were six more empty seats. InuYasha removed his charm as requested but remained quiet. He was wondering what was up.
 
They were talking quietly when the answer walked through the door. They had removed their concealment charms before coming in so there was no confusion as to whom they were.
 
Kagome gasped as she looked at the adult Inu-youkai. The male held the door for his three sisters as they gracefully entered the room. They were followed by Kaminari and Kaiho.
 
InuYasha grinned as Kagome jumped out of her seat to run and give Kaiho and then Kaminari a hug.
 
“I can't believe you are here!” she exclaimed and turned to the four siblings and pointed at them as she spoke, “And you must be Yorokobi, Eikou, Zoutou and Ginshouri!”
 
InuYasha almost choked when he saw the designer shirt Zoutou was wearing. It was beautifully decorated, but had the kanji for `Kiss the Moon' written on it. Not able to help himself, he started laughing.
 
“InuYasha! How could you!” Kagome was trying not to yell.
 
InuYasha just pointed at Zoutou's shirt and tried to choke back his laughter.
 
Realization crossed Kagome's face, as she understood why InuYasha was laughing at the fourth sibling. She also was looking closer at Zoutou and asked, “Could you put your concealment charm on - I think I have seen you before.”
 
The other three siblings were curious at this exchange and had remained silent as Zoutou put her concealment charm back on her wrist.
 
Kagome's eyes opened wide. “You are the fashion designer, Nishimoto Miyoshi! You're famous for your `Kiss the Moon' line of evening wear!”
 
InuYasha just laughed harder - he knew where her moon was.
 
Sesshomaru finally reached over and slapped InuYasha in the middle of his back so that he would stop laughing at his daughter and said, “I think you realize these are our four offspring. They get upset if I refer to them as `pups' any more since they are five centuries old now. You know their given names, but we will introduce them with the names they are known by in Japanese society. Kagome, obviously you have recognized Zoutou as Miyoshi. Miyoshi, if you wonder why my brother is laughing so, he is the one who recorded the event of your birth and your marks, and he knows exactly where the sign of our house resides on your body. Just so you know, he thought it was humorous at that time as well.”
 
InuYasha was finally able to stop laughing and Kagome had rejoined him at the table as the others sat down as well. Once everyone was in his or her place, Sesshomaru continued, “You know my son as Ginshouri, but he is known to the business world as Nishimoto Akahito and manages several of my companies as well as owning his own.”
 
“Wow,” Kagome whispered as she bowed her head in acknowledgement. Nishimoto Akahito was well known in all business circles. They had even studied his practices along with that of his father in class - so that meant, “You're Nishimoto Senichi!” Kagome said to Sesshomaru as it hit her. “We have had to study both you and your son in business class! You are considered the wealthiest, most ethical, and most ruthless man in Japan! There was never a single picture of you, though. I never knew…I never really caught the name when people were greeting you when we have been out to other places together.”
 
Sesshomaru only nodded in acknowledgement. And he did not mind being called ruthless - he was to those who tried to trick or betray him. He enjoyed his reputation and lived up to it.
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha. “When your paperwork said you were Nishimoto Yoshi, it didn't occur to me that you were the Nishimoto Yoshi. The name is well known, but you are considered so elusive that your face has never been recorded.”
 
InuYasha just blushed. He knew Kagome would explain more about all of this when they were home, alone. It would make sense that his face had never been recorded though since he was just dropped into this world. Sesshomaru had been accumulating property for him in his absence.
 
The introductions were not finished so Sesshomaru continued, “My daughter you knew as Yorokobi is now known as Nishimoto Joi.”
 
“The photographer?” Kagome asked. “She is renowned all over the world for her insightful black & white photos. She must have something published in every magazine in existence.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded, and then introduced the last daughter, the one that was his spitting image, “And you know this is Eikou. She now uses the name Nishimoto Eiko.”
 
“She was just on the news. Didn't you make a breakthrough in poison treatment, developing a generic antidote that can be quickly altered to treat even the most toxic poisons?” Kagome asked.
 
Eiko nodded. “I am sure you can understand why something like that was important to me. I have really been working on a way to treat mothers poisoned when giving birth to a poison youkai. Technology has now evolved to where we can alter at the cellular level. I have PhDs in Chemistry and Physics along with my medical degree. We have been working on what was released in the news yesterday for many years.”
 
“It is an honor to meet all of you,” Kagome said.
 
“Keh,” InuYasha agreed.
 
Kagome looked towards Sesshomaru and Kichou and said quietly, “Just exactly what have you told them about us?”
 
“While you were away we decided it would be for the best to call them all together and tell them the truth. They have all heard the stories about your adventures while growing up and know that you were there when they were whelped. They had even been told that Kagome saved Kichou and Zoutou. They were probably starting to think we were going senile with old age and had imagined the entire thing since they have never met you. We thought it was time. Do not worry; your secret is safe with them. I do not believe any of them wish to make any attempt to change history. They did however want to meet their famous, or maybe it should be infamous, aunt and uncle,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“Keh. I don't know about all that, but I guess I would be their uncle,” InuYasha responded, and then asked, “Are you sure they want to admit they are related to a hanyou?”
 
“Little Brother, they have heard stories of your feats for five centuries. I believe they are proud to be related to you,” Sesshomaru responded softly.
 
Kagome smiled and took InuYasha's hand between her own. He looked at her and smiled slightly as the family began assaulting them with questions about their adventures in feudal Japan. What they found out amazed them even more - apparently Shippou had not been totally truthful in his story telling. He usually tried to make it sound like InuYasha barely got by on the skin of his teeth, and always had lots of help from his friends. While InuYasha wasn't one much for blowing his own horn, Kagome had no problem setting the story straight when InuYasha had not been given enough credit for something he had done. The group talked and laughed late into the evening as they visited with one another.
 
 
They were on their way back to the penthouse when Kagome said, “Thank you. Thank you for the evening and for introducing us to your children. Though I have to admit it was a little weird since they were not quite two weeks old when we saw them last.”
 
“They have always wanted to meet you. For their entire life up to this point, they have still asked where you were. We thought it would be safe enough now since you were there for their birth and everything turned out as it was supposed to,” Kichou responded.
 
“Did you ever have any more pups?” InuYasha asked quietly.
 
Sesshomaru shook his head. “I was too afraid to try for any more after the first whelping. I would have lost Kichou forever if Kagome had not been by her side. My mother died that way giving birth to me, and I could not risk it even if Kichou was willing to. We have four strong offspring that have made us proud. I could not ask for anything more.”
 
“I…I'm sorry,” InuYasha said very softly.
 
“For what, Little Brother?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“About your mother. I never knew,” InuYasha replied. Kagome nodded in agreement.
 
“It was part of my resentment towards you, I think. First I lost my mother, and then Father died to save you and your mother when you were born. It took a long time for me to admit that none of that was your fault,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
InuYasha nodded in understanding as they reached their building.
 
Kagome looked Kichou and Sesshomaru. “Would you like to come up? I'm still too wound up to think about going to sleep just yet.”
 
Kichou responded, “My mate did say something about the hot tub on your terrace.”
 
A smirk started to cross InuYasha's face as he looked at his brother. All four of them climbed out of the limo and Sesshomaru dismissed his driver for the evening before they went upstairs.
 
 
The two couples had stripped and were sitting in the warmth of the tub. They were very relaxed when Kichou said, “We finally used the Christmas gift you gave us.”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow while Kagome asked, “How was it? Did you have a good time?”
 
Sesshomaru actually grinned but let Kichou respond, “Oh yes. We had an excellent time. Let's just say that the experience was very unique.”
 
“Was there anything in particular that stood out?” Kagome questioned with a smile on her face.
 
“Well, they had this one thing with chocolate…” Kichou started and then trailed off as a rather dreamy look crossed her face.
 
“Chocolate? What did they do with it?” InuYasha was curious now. He had learned women loved the stuff.
 
“They actually dipped Sesshomaru in it. He was covered in rich, wonderful, edible chocolate from head to toe,” Kichou responded.
 
“And then what?” Kagome asked.
 
“I made myself a Sesshomaru Sundae,” Kichou replied with a wicked grin.
 
“What?” InuYasha asked.
 
“They gave me whipped cream and cherries and I put them in just the right place before I started eating,” Kichou answered.
 
Sesshomaru was actually blushing at this point.
 
Kagome just grinned - she knew what it felt like to be licked from head to toe. “So which end did you start on?”
 
“I worked from both ends to the middle. I prefer to save the best for last. That cherry was standing quite tall when I finally reached it,” Kichou responded.
 
Kagome and InuYasha just laughed.
 
This time it was actually the Demon Lord who was becoming aroused first by the reminder of his mate licking him from head to toe, to finally reach where she had piled on the whipped cream and cherry. He had indeed been very hard by the time Kichou worked her way up and sucked the cherry off of the tip of his head. Sesshomaru could tell that Kagome and InuYasha were quickly joining him in the feeling.
 
InuYasha had wrapped his arm around Kagome and pulled her to his lap while Sesshomaru did the same with Kichou. Once again, InuYasha had his left hand at her breast while his right trailed down between her legs. Kagome had enjoyed this the other day and wrapped her hands behind InuYasha's neck and spread her legs for him. Kichou and Sesshomaru watched with interest and then copied their actions. Both males were quite skilled with their right hand and their mates started bucking against their fingers as they stroked, dipped and rubbed.
 
Kagome turned loose with her right hand and reached behind her to find InuYasha's growing erection. She wrapped her hand around it and started to rub as InuYasha brought her pleasure. Kichou was keeping one eye on her and followed suit. All four were panting as Kagome and Kichou were brought to orgasm by their mates. When Kagome didn't think she could take any more, she turned loose and gently pried InuYasha's hand away. With a smile, she stood and motioned to Kichou.
 
Kichou joined her and they grasped each other's hands, intertwining their fingers together in order to brace each other as they planted their feet into the bottom of the pool. They didn't even have to say anything, as their mates were right behind them when they were set. Sesshomaru entered Kichou as InuYasha did Kagome. They started thrusting slowly, but then started to gather speed. The four bodies slapped together in unison as the two brothers sought their release. Always concerned about their mate's pleasure as well, both reached around to stroke in rhythm until Kagome and Kichou were both trembling from their orgasms. As InuYasha and Sesshomaru felt their mate's channel ripple around them, they thrust in hard and released the heat from their loins. Both pairs of hands started to rub their mate's abdomen and breasts as InuYasha and Sesshomaru lay across their mate's back, growling in pleasure and satisfaction. Kagome and Kichou each rested her forehead on the other's shoulder.
 
They finally pulled apart and settled back into the pool when Kichou asked, “And you say this pool doesn't hurt your knees, either?”
 
Kagome grinned. “Nope. You want to try it again that way?”
 
InuYasha and Sesshomaru just looked at each other. Their women seemed determined to kill them, or at least wear them out.
 
They were game.
 
 
At some point all four of them ended up in bed - together. InuYasha and Kagome had the largest King-sized bed available, and all four of them fit in it easily. No one got much sleep as someone would wake up and start to stroke their mate, and soon all four of them would be writhing in pleasure. They would finally fall asleep in a tangle of arms and legs, and then wake up to start all over again.
 
Kagome grinned to herself when she woke up some time the next morning. It looked like it had been daylight for hours from the amount of light streaming through the windows. She was wedged between Sesshomaru and InuYasha, with InuYasha behind her with his hand on her breast and Sesshomaru in front of her. The Demon Lord's hands were wrapped somewhere around Kichou who lay in front of him. Kagome decided she didn't really need to move and went back to sleep. She felt warm and safe between the two brothers.
 
It was probably lunchtime when the two couples started to wake enough to become coherent. After the evening's activities, they all needed a shower at the very least. The shower in the master bath was actually a double shower, and easily accommodated the two couples. InuYasha and Sesshomaru just looked at each other before they picked up their mate and carried them in. There were two sets of controls, one for each nozzle. InuYasha adjusted one for Kagome and himself (she was not supposed to take either really hot showers or baths any more while she was pregnant) and Sesshomaru adjusted the other for himself and Kichou. Both stepped in and pulled their mate in behind them.
 
Kagome just giggled when she looked down and saw that InuYasha was hard again. She placed her hands on his shoulders and waited for InuYasha to pick her up. He obliged and settled her down so that he was buried to the hilt within her. Sesshomaru followed suit and he was buried deep within Kichou.
 
All four were sensitive after making love all night long, so this coupling was furious but brief. As Sesshomaru set Kichou back on her feet once he slid out of her, they looked over the see that Kagome still had her legs and arms wrapped tightly around InuYasha and his arms were wrapped firmly around her. Both had their eyes closed and their face nuzzled into the other's shoulder.
 
Sesshomaru and Kichou looked at the couple and smiled. They finished soaping their bodies and rinsed off before turning off their side of the shower and stepping out.
 
InuYasha was content holding his mate, but finally opened his eyes when he realized that his brother and Kichou were no longer in the shower with them. Kagome finally opened her eyes as well and looked into his. “What is it?”
 
“I was just thinking how glad I am that we don't have to worry about either of our pups being poisonous and how you saved Kichou. Also about how I never knew my father, and Sesshomaru never knew his mother. That's all,” InuYasha replied softly.
 
“I was just thinking about how much I love you, and how glad I am that you and Sesshomaru have become closer,” Kagome said. “Things have certainly changed during the last year.”
 
InuYasha kissed her softly. “Keh, they have,” and then said, “I guess we should go and join them. They are probably waiting for us.”
 
Kagome nodded as she turned off the water. They dried off and threw on some clothes before they went to see what Sesshomaru and Kichou were up to.
 
Sesshomaru had turned on the television and was watching the news channel. They were still showing interviews with his daughter over the breakthrough for the antidote that could be used for rare poisons. The Demon Lord was also watching for any hint about any of his companies, himself or his son. Sesshomaru had ferreted out many individuals over the years that thought to leak proprietary information just by what was reported on the news.
 
Kichou informed them that she had taken the liberty of ordering lunch and it should be delivered before too long. Kagome thanked her, and she and InuYasha sat down and didn't interrupt as Sesshomaru concentrated on the news.
 
They had a pleasant lunch and then Sesshomaru called his driver to tell him it was time to come and collect them. Before they left, however, he wanted to have a private conversation with his brother. Sesshomaru motioned to his brother and InuYasha followed him out onto the terrace and up onto the roof.
 
“InuYasha, do you know what you plan to do?” Sesshomaru asked as he sat on the bench on the roof.
 
“What do you mean?” InuYasha responded as he joined him. He wasn't sure if his brother meant about the past, the present, his pups on the way - any number of things.
 
“Do you know what you would like to do if you stay here?” Sesshomaru clarified.
 
“Do you have something in mind?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Your tutors tell me you are doing extremely well. You could go to college if you wanted to once you catch up to Kagome. I know that she plans to wait since she will have her pups next fall. She will need to take at least one year off. Even if you do not want to go to college, you could continue with your tutors and come to work for me.”
 
“What would I do?” InuYasha asked seriously.
 
“InuYasha, you have skills for determining security and safety that even I do not have. I never had to worry too much about anyone attacking and trying to kill me growing up. Your perception of everything around you is uncanny. We were able to catch the thieves in the building I took you to because of your ideas. Also, within just a few minutes, you saw everything that was wrong at the outdoor reception we were responsible for. The Minister of Finance was not assassinated because of your quick assessment of the situation. I would like for you to come to work for me at my company that handles security issues. Once you have learned the business, I would like for you to run it,” Sesshomaru said equally as serious.
 
“Really? What else do they do?” InuYasha asked.
 
“In addition to providing private security for buildings like this one and the one we took you to, we contract security for events such as that reception. We also have a division that provides bodyguards to individuals who need them on both a long-term and short-term basis. Then, after you asked me about it before, I have even considered adding a section that could primarily have classes to teach self-defense and that type of thing. I thought about doing that at little or no cost, at least for ladies, so they could come and learn basic measures to protect themselves. We could use the tax break, so if we did something at a loss in the name of public service, we would provide both a service that is needed and get good publicity from it. In any case, you could work in each of the divisions until you understood how they all worked. When you are ready, you can take over,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“And if I'm never ready?” InuYasha asked hesitantly.
 
“There is no doubt in my mind that you are capable of it, but if you do not want that much responsibility, you can always find a job you like within the division you liked the most and stay there. However, I see your skills as a benefit to the company as a whole, not just one section. I think you will have more confidence after you see what each one does. You would not have to worry about day-to-day operations like finding clients and paying bills. We have other staff and officers for those mundane duties.”
 
InuYasha nodded then replied, “I will stick with the tutors for now and learn everything I can. I would not mind going with you again if the chance comes up. I don't want to stray too far from Kagome now in case she needs me. Once the pups are born, then maybe I'll know more and have a better idea of what to do.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded in agreement. “That would be a good plan. I also have to make one other comment, InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha looked at his brother with a question on his face so Sesshomaru continued, “Your language has greatly improved. What happened?”
 
“You mean why I don't use `fuck' for every other word now?” InuYasha asked him.
 
Sesshomaru nodded.
 
“I started trying to be more careful around Kagome's mom when I was at the shrine so much. Then, since I have been here with Kagome, I've been working with the tutors to learn the proper language. It is also because I am around those who actually accept what I am. Before, I was just considered a wild animal to hunt down and kill. The way I spoke was pretty much what humans and youkai expected of me. Now, I am expected to do better. Does that answer your question?” InuYasha responded.
 
“Yes, Little Brother, it does. We had better go back in before they wonder what we are up to out here,” Sesshomaru commented.
 
InuYasha nodded as he jumped from the roof to the terrace and followed his brother back inside.
 
 
To be continued…