InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ Eri Strikes Again ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha but I do own Kaminari, Kaiho, and the lovely Kichou.
 
AN: Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to leave a review. I do read them and they help to inspire me to keep writing.
 
 
Blood & Tears 
 
Chapter 30: Eri Strikes Again (Warning: Lemon in Chapter)
 
 
The school year was over, and Kagome had finished the last of her finals. She was leaving the school building when she heard Ayume, Eri, Mari and Yuki behind her.
 
“Hey Kagome! Wait up!” they called.
 
Kagome stopped where she was. She saw InuYasha get out of the waiting car to come towards her. He still didn't quite trust those girls not to say something hurtful.
 
The four girls reached Kagome about the same time that InuYasha did. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her as he nuzzled her neck. Kagome relaxed and leaned back against him.
 
“Kagome! Why didn't you tell us you don't live at the shrine any more?” Eri asked.
 
“Yeah, we came by to visit with you but your mother said you had moved out,” Yuki added.
 
“Well, I am married now. I could not stay at home with my mother forever. InuYasha and I decided to move to our own apartment. He is my ma…husband, and we do need some privacy,” Kagome replied as she felt InuYasha gently squeeze her.
 
“We thought we were your friends. You couldn't tell us?” Ayume asked softly.
 
Kagome sighed. She had not really intended to hurt anyone's feelings, but she just did not see it as anyone else's business. Besides, with the high security building they lived in, it wasn't like someone could just drop by and knock on the door.
 
Kagome turned to InuYasha. “Would you mind if I invited them over so they can see our home?”
 
InuYasha responded, “Keh, if you want to.”
 
Eri and Yuki squealed, and then asked, “Can Hojo and Niro come with us?”
 
“When?” Kagome asked - there was no sign of either of those two at the moment.
 
“How about tomorrow? Exams are over and graduation isn't until next week,” Eri asked.
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha - she was through with school for the moment, but the tutors were still coming over for him in the morning, “What do you think?”
 
“After lunch would be okay,” he responded.
 
“You can come around 2:00 tomorrow afternoon. When you come into the lobby, you will have to have the security guard call up for one of us to come down to meet you,” Kagome told them as she took out a small tablet and begin to write. She tore out a piece of paper and handed it to them. “Here is the address. Understand this is not for public knowledge. We prefer our privacy.”
 
Eri nodded as she took the piece of paper from her. “We'll see you tomorrow, then.”
 
Kagome nodded as she took InuYasha by the hand and walked to the waiting car with him.
 
Once they were securely in the car, Kagome asked, “Are you sure you're okay with this?”
 
“Keh. You haven't had any of your friends over since we moved there. I know you probably miss having girls to talk to,” InuYasha responded.
 
“I would have thought so too, but you know - I really haven't. We have been busy with our life together, plus Sesshomaru and Kichou come up with enough ways to entertain us. On top of that they seem so boring and, well, petty, after everything we have been through,” Kagome said, and then added as she rubbed her belly, “Plus, I'm not really ready to let them know I am pregnant just yet. If I'm around them too much, I am afraid it will slip out. I don't even want to know what they will think about that.”
 
“Keh, it's none of their business. Don't tell them anything you don't want them to know,” InuYasha answered, and then asked, “By the way, when do you go back to your doctor again?”
 
“Next week. She wants to do another sonogram. Would you like to go?” Kagome asked.
 
InuYasha could tell by the tone of her voice she wanted him to, plus he found them interesting. “Keh. Do you want your mother to come along, too?”
 
“I'll call and ask her. I think they are going to try and determine the sex of the pups this time, so I am sure she would like to be there,” Kagome responded.
 
The car had stopped and the chauffeur came around and opened the door for them. InuYasha helped Kagome out and they went through the lobby and up the elevator.
 
Kagome led InuYasha through the apartment to the bedroom next to the master. “InuYasha, I think we probably should start shopping for the pups pretty soon. I think I would like to make this bedroom the nursery.”
 
“That's what I thought since you did not want to buy a bedroom suite for this one like you did the others. I assume we will need two of a bunch of stuff. What did you have in mind?” InuYasha asked.
 
“I know it really isn't your thing, but they are your pups so I want you to help. I think we also should get Kichou and Mama to go with us. Kichou should be able to help me find furniture strong enough to hold them, and I know Mama would just like to go along. While we will need two cribs, we should be able to use just one changing table, bureau, and that kind of stuff. I am also going to have to have some maternity clothes pretty soon.” Kagome was rubbing her abdomen again. It was starting to fill out.
 
“You coordinate it with your mother and Kichou, and let me know when,” InuYasha responded and then kissed her on the cheek.
 
Kagome smiled and softly kissed him back on the lips.
 
Their kiss became more passionate and InuYasha still had his tongue exploring her mouth as he picked his mate up and carried her to the master bedroom. After setting her on her feet, he started tugging at her clothes and she at his until they were in a puddle around them at their feet. InuYasha carefully backed her to the bed until she sat down on the edge. Dropping to his knees, InuYasha gently picked her legs up at the bend of her knee and draped them over his shoulders.
 
Kagome laid flat on her back and started to moan as InuYasha licked across her curls. She heard him inhale deeply before his nose parted her folds and his tongue lapped between them. She felt his fingers pry her apart as he continued to lick, only making her want more and to feel him inside her. InuYasha finally sought to release some of her burning need as his tongue plunged deep within her.
 
He continued to torture her, slowly licking at her and then plunging in deep again. He felt her gasp when he added his thumb and started to apply pressure to her special spot as he continued to dip in. He grinned to himself as he felt her legs tighten their grip around his neck.
 
“Oh, Kami, Inu…yasha…oh please…harder,” Kagome moaned.
 
InuYasha obliged his mate and started to stroke harder with his tongue and thumb. Kagome's body was bucking involuntarily as he continued to push her towards the edge. He moved his thumb long enough to stop and suck her clit in between his teeth, careful as to not cause her any pain. He continued to suck and lap as he plunged his fingers into her instead, listening as she cried his name and moaned in pleasure. Finally, when she could take no more, her body started to convulse as her inner walls started to ripple. InuYasha withdrew his fingers and replaced it with his tongue so he could catch her juices as they flowed into his waiting mouth. He felt the grip of her legs start to relax as she came down from her orgasm.
 
Painfully hard, he moved her legs from his shoulders to his waist as he stood. InuYasha saw his lover look at him and smile as he started to enter her. He gave her a slight smile back before he closed his eyes and threw back his head and started to thrust into his mate. He had his hands cupped under her buttocks as he plunged into her, picking up speed.
 
Kagome was thrashing around on the bed, grasping at the comforter and pillows. InuYasha was hitting that spot within her and was going to make her orgasm again.
 
“`gome, you…feel…so…good,” InuYasha growled.
 
“Don't…stop, oh…Kami…how…do…you…do…that?” Kagome panted.
 
InuYasha continued to thrust into her as he felt her walls start to ripple, feeling like they were trying to pull him even further into her depths.
 
“Ka…mi… `go…me…aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!” InuYasha cried as he flooded her with his seed.
 
InuYasha was still buried deep within his mate as he the stood by the side of the bed. He moved one hand up to rub her abdomen as he came down from the high he had just received. When he finally felt himself start to slide out of her, he helped her move her legs around so that she was lying completely on the bed, and then scooted up alongside her.
 
InuYasha lay alongside his mate with his hand stroking her breasts and then her belly. Kagome had shifted so that InuYasha had her tucked into his right side with his right arm wrapped around her. He was nuzzling his mate's ear when he heard, “InuYasha, will you still love me in a few months when I'm fat and ugly?”
 
InuYasha rolled on his side and rolled Kagome so she was facing him. He rested his forehead against hers and stroked her belly with his thumb as he said, “Kagome, you are my mate and my wife. Those are my pups you are carrying. You will never be either fat or ugly to me. You are only beautiful in my eyes. Do not let anyone ever try to tell you otherwise. I love you now. I will love you the day before you have our pups, and I will love you after. Nothing will change that. Don't ever think that something as beautiful as your having my pups would.”
 
InuYasha shifted just enough that he could look into Kagome's eyes after he had kissed her softly on her lips. “I love you, Kagome. Even though I could not admit it then, I've known I loved you ever since Jijenji, maybe even before. I cannot even imagine what I would do if you were not in my life, if you weren't by my side.”
 
InuYasha brushed the tears away that were leaking from the corners of her eyes as she smiled and whispered, “Thank you, InuYasha. I have loved you for so long. I don't know what I would do without you.”
 
InuYasha kissed Kagome again before tucking her back into his side. He held her close as she fell asleep. Content lying on the bed with his mate, InuYasha closed his eyes and allowed her gentle breathing to lull him to sleep as well.
 
 
InuYasha woke with a start when he realized that someone had covered them while they napped. InuYasha could not tell who it was because he had turned mortal when the sun dipped below the horizon, but there were really only a small handful of people it could be. Sesshomaru and Kichou and Mama Higurashi each had access codes to enter their penthouse. He leaned over and kissed Kagome on the cheek before he climbed out of bed and covered her back up. InuYasha pulled on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt before going out to see who was there. The television was on, so someone was waiting for them to wake.
 
InuYasha took a deep breath as he stood in the doorway and saw the back of his brother's head along with that of Kichou. They turned towards him as he walked towards them.
 
InuYasha took another deep breath, closed his eyes, and then opened them to say, “Now you know.”
 
Kichou just smiled at him as she said, “We were going to see if you wanted to go out to celebrate the end of Kagome's finals, but I guess not.”
 
Sesshomaru added, “It looks like you two have been celebrating, anyway.”
 
“Keh. Thanks, but I don't go out like this,” InuYasha responded.
 
“Well, you both need to eat, do you mind if I order us something?” Kichou asked.
 
“See if Kagome is awake enough to tell you what she wants. Things have not been tasting right to her, and some things that she usually likes make her sick,” InuYasha responded.
 
Kichou nodded and got up to go to the bedroom where Kagome had sort of awakened and was missing her mate's warmth.
 
“InuYasha?” Sesshomaru said gently. When his brother looked at him he continued, “Why have you never allowed me to know this? Do you not trust me?”
 
InuYasha sat on the edge of the chair nearest his brother. “Fuck. It's not that. At one time it would have been, but not any more. It just isn't something that is easy for me to talk about. No one knew when this happened before Kagome. I thought she would leave me when she found out, but she stayed with me. She even saved my life. I should have died that night, but I didn't.”
 
“What happened?” Sesshomaru asked. He had wondered what had cracked the ice around his little brother's heart. The warmth in his brother's voice made Sesshomaru think this incident had something to do with it.
 
“We had rescued a girl from a spiderhead. Kagome insisted we take her back to the shrine where she lived, and then the priest there asked us to stay the night. My senses were already dull and I could not smell the danger there. It turned out the priest was the main spiderhead and the entire thing had been a trap to get the jewel shards from Kagome. The spiderheads attacked and we escaped, but Kagome left her pack with the jewel shards behind in the chaos. I went back in after them, but I was mortal. The spiderhead trapped me in his web and then injected me with his poison. Kagome came back in after me and shed tears as she climbed up the webbing to free me. Tessaiga won't transform for me when I am human, but Kagome was able to use the ward around the sheath to break me free and then pulled me to safety. She cried for me and held my head in her lap after Myoga had sucked out as much of the poison as he could. When I asked her why she had shed tears for me, Kagome said she was afraid she was going to lose me. Kagome was the first to cry for me since my mother had died,” InuYasha said softly.
 
Sesshomaru nodded in understanding. He had learned a woman's tears could indeed be powerful.
 
“Do not worry. Your secret is safe with us,” Sesshomaru finally said.
 
Kagome was yawning as she walked out of the bedroom with Kichou. She looked at InuYasha and was startled to see the black hair and violet black eyes. She had forgotten tonight was the new moon.
 
“InuYasha, do you mind if Sesshomaru and Kichou stay for dinner if we order something?” Kagome wanted to make sure because she knew how vulnerable he felt when he was human.
 
It's okay with me. They would have found out eventually, anyway,” InuYasha said. “At least they will know not to make any plans with me on the night of the new moon.”
 
Kagome was standing by InuYasha rubbing his head where his ears usually were with her thumb. InuYasha sat back in the chair and pulled her into his lap. He couldn't smell her properly, so he would have to be content with holding her close.
 
 
InuYasha almost found it something of a relief that his brother now knew his most guarded secret. He had thought about telling him, but never really knew how, and he wasn't kidding when he said it was not easy for him to talk about. After everything that had happened, InuYasha knew he could trust his brother. He just had not been able to find the right time or words to tell him.
 
Sesshomaru could tell that in spite of the high security of his penthouse apartment, InuYasha was still uneasy when he was human. Sesshomaru supposed after so carefully guarding his secret for two hundred years, probably living in fear of being found and killed every new moon, his little brother wouldn't suddenly become comfortable with it overnight. It was apparent that Kagome was used to staying up with her mate through the night when he was like this. She had pulled out a deck of cards, and Sesshomaru and Kichou ended up staying and playing with them until the sun rose.
 
Sesshomaru and Kichou were both amazed as the transformation washed through InuYasha as the sun came up. The hanyou was much chipper when he had his strength and sense of smell back.
 
InuYasha was also hungry. “Thank the Kami that isn't permanent. Anyone want to go out for breakfast?”
 
They laughed but looked to Kagome to make sure she was up to it.
 
“I'm hungry, too. We can go out then come back to get some sleep,” Kagome answered their unspoken question.
 
“Oi, wench, you can get some sleep. I have a lesson this morning,” InuYasha replied.
 
“You won't be too tired?” Kagome asked.
 
“They are only scheduled to be here for a couple of hours this morning. You can sleep. I will join you when they're gone,” InuYasha responded.
 
 
They were both asleep when the phone started ringing. InuYasha got up to answer it and came back to gently shake Kagome awake. “Kagome, your friends are here.”
 
“What! Oh no, I completely forgot!” Kagome exclaimed. Now she was awake.
 
InuYasha was pulling on a pair of sweats and a shirt. He had already put on his concealment charm. “I'll go down and get them while you get dressed.”
 
Kagome yawned. “Thanks, InuYasha. Give me just a few minutes, all right?”
 
“Keh, tell me when you're ready for me to head down. I told the guard to have them wait,” InuYasha replied.
 
Kagome quickly made the bed and then put on a pair of drawstring pants with a matching tunic. She went out to make sure they had picked up everything from the night before and told InuYasha to go down to collect her friends. Kagome hoped they weren't expecting her to entertain them for very long. She was still tired.
 
Kagome had finished going through the apartment and thought everything was satisfactory when InuYasha returned with her guests. He kissed her on the cheek and told her he was going up for a jog on the roof so she could visit with her friends. Kagome nodded her understanding and watched as InuYasha left through the terrace door.
 
Kagome turned back to her former classmates. “I see you found it all right. Welcome to our home.”
 
Eri squealed. “Kagome, I can't believe you live in a place like this. How can you afford it?”
 
Kagome didn't like the start of this conversation at all. “What kind of question is that to ask?”
 
“Well, we were just wondering. This looks like an expensive building,” Eri replied.
 
Ayume changed the topic. “Will you show us around? It's beautiful, Kagome.”
 
Kagome nodded and gave them a brief tour of the apartment. Eri and Yuki were commenting primarily on where her belongings came from and how much they must have cost.
 
Kagome finally turned to them and said, “You know I can hear you. Don't you think it is rude to comment about how much anything and everything here costs? Why are you so obsessed with money?”
 
Ayume answered for them as she glared at the other girls, “They thought you were marrying a bum. Even though it was clear you loved him, they thought he would not be able to take care of you properly. Now all they seem to care about is how you can spend his money. I'm sorry, Kagome. Now I understand why you didn't tell us you had moved or invited us over before. Some people have no manners.”
 
InuYasha had come back down and through the terrace door when he felt Kagome's stress. He did not want anything upsetting her. When he came in, he heard a clicking sound.
 
“What the fuck is that?” InuYasha said rather heatedly. He knew a camera when he heard one.
 
He rounded onto Eri and Mari and frowned. “You have a camera. Hand it over.”
 
“What, we have no such thing,” Eri said.
 
“My husband has exceptional hearing. If he says you have one, you do. What exactly do you think you are doing, Eri?” Kagome said rather angrily.
 
“I don't have to!” Eri replied.
 
“You have two choices. Either you hand over the camera now, or I take you to building security and have you strip-searched. It's your choice,” InuYasha stated.
 
“You wouldn't!” Mari replied.
 
“He would, and he has every right to. What part of `We prefer to keep our privacy' did you not understand?” Kagome asked.
 
“I…I never!” Eri said.
 
“You are not leaving until you hand over the camera,” InuYasha said, “You have about thirty seconds before I call building security up here.”
 
Ayume was angry now. “Eri, why do you have to ruin everything we try to do? We have tried to be nice to you and you go and pull a stunt like this! Either hand it over or I will strip-search you myself!”
 
Eri started digging around into the bottom of her purse where the camera was wedged with the lens to the outside. She was mumbling, “I thought I could make some extra money. The tabloids are offering a reward to anyone who can get a picture of anyone in the Nishimoto family or the inside of their house.”
 
“And you would use your friends to sell to the tabloids? I told you how much I value our privacy and yet you would go and do something like that?” Kagome asked. She was not happy.
 
InuYasha snatched the camera from Eri and handed it to Kagome before he crushed it in the palm of his hand from anger. Kagome removed the memory stick from it, and gave it back to Eri.
 
“And now the tape recorder,” InuYasha said.
 
“What?” Mari stated.
 
“Hand over the tape recorder, or do I need to call security?” InuYasha asked as he looked at Mari.
 
Mari's shoulders sagged as she said, “I thought this was a bad idea.” She pulled the recorder out of her purse and handed it to Kagome.
 
Hojo and Niro were not really comfortable with five angry ladies. “InuYasha, would you show us where you went when you went out?”
 
InuYasha looked at Kagome and she nodded. She didn't want her friends to leave on these terms, but she really did not want to get into it in front of the guys.
 
InuYasha took Niro and Hojo out onto the Terrace. After they had admired the fountain and pool along with the view, he took them up to the roof where his private track was.
 
Inside, Kagome had rounded on Eri. “Eri, what in the world were you thinking? I invite you to my home. I specifically tell you that my address is not for public knowledge, and yet you pull a stunt like this? Why? I thought you were through meddling with everyone else's lives. Not only that, you had to drag Mari into it, too.
 
“And Yuki, why are you commenting on about how much we must have spent to live here? Why do you care so much?
 
“Ayume, once again you are apologizing for something you did not do. You didn't bring a camera or a tape recorder with you. You just wanted to see where I live now.
 
Kagome heard in reply was a bunch of mumbling and apologies. Kagome sighed. “I really don't know what to do. I had hoped maybe we could get together after graduation, but right now that does not seem like a very good idea.”
 
Yuki said, “I'm sorry, Kagome. I just fell right into it when Eri started talking about all of your stuff. I thought everything you have is tasteful and beautiful. I will admit I am a bit envious, but after everything you went through before you got married, you deserve a little happiness and to be taken care of properly.”
 
“I was really hoping you would want to go out to dinner with us, but I understand that you would not want to now,” Ayume said.
 
Eri finally spoke up again, “I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I was jealous when I saw the family you were marrying into. I spent all of that time trying to get you to dump InuYasha for Hojo because I could not stand to see you happy. Even after I was with Mari, I was still jealous that you were so happy, and then it turned out he was rich after I told everyone he was a two-timing bum. I just couldn't let it go. I'm sorry, Kagome.”
 
Eri turned to Mari. “I'm sorry I talked you into this. Let's go.”
 
Eri looked back to Kagome. “Can we get out of here?”
 
“You can go down; you just can't come back up without the security codes. I guess I will see you at graduation, then,” Kagome replied rather coolly.
 
Yuki said, “I should get Hojo and go as well. Kagome, this place is beautiful. I am sorry I was so rude.”
 
Kagome nodded. “We might as well go out, you didn't see the terrace.”
 
Kagome led them toward the door and opened it for them to go out onto the terrace. InuYasha could tell she was ready for the guys to return and came down the stairs with them.
 
Kagome answered the question she saw on her mate's face. “Eri apologized, but she and Mari have gone. Yuki was ready to collect Hojo and leave as well.”
 
Hojo extended his hand and InuYasha shook it before he left. As he was leaving Hojo said, “It looks like we don't have to worry about you taking good care of Kagome, InuYasha. I guess we will see you at graduation next week.”
 
InuYasha nodded and Kagome said goodbye to the couple.
 
Ayume and Niro were left as they went back inside. Ayume was still apologizing, “I'm sorry Kagome. I had no idea they would be so petty.”
 
“What really made me mad was the fact she tried to take pictures and record us. I'm sure that is why Eri got Yuki to talking about everything, so that she would have the recording to help her remember our belongings. Ayume, I am sure you understand that it will be a long time, if ever, before I allow Eri into my home again. She just seems to have a mean streak no matter what,” Kagome responded.
 
Ayume nodded sadly. “I know that now. I really thought she had gotten better. I still cannot believe she did that.”
 
Kagome started to slump a bit and InuYasha picked her up. “You're getting tired from the stress and being up all night. You need to sit down.”
 
InuYasha carried Kagome over to the couch and set her down gently then went and got one of her drinks out of the refrigerator for her. “Here, drink this.”
 
Kagome nodded thankfully and took the bottle from him. She was running a bit low on energy.
 
“Kagome, are you all right?” Ayume asked.
 
“I'm tired. InuYasha's brother and his wife came over last night and we ended up playing cards all night long. We did not go to bed until after breakfast. We were still asleep when you arrived,” Kagome responded.
 
“We should go then. It sounds like you need some more rest,” Ayume said. “Kagome, thank you for having us over. Your apartment really is beautiful.”
 
Kagome nodded and stayed where she was. InuYasha walked them to the door.
 
InuYasha did not say anything after he returned to Kagome's side. He gathered her into his lap and sat back against the couch as she pulled the energy she needed from him. Kagome fell asleep in his arms, so he picked her up and carried her to the bed and lay down beside her. He went to sleep as her body continued to pull what it needed from his.
 
 
Any thoughts of going out after graduation with her old friends were gone after their visit to her apartment. However, it appeared that Mama and Kichou had gotten together and the two families were going out together to celebrate.
 
Mama had also talked to Kagome about telling Grandpa and Souta that she was expecting. Kagome thought since they would all be together, and Sesshomaru had reserved them a private dining room, it would be as good a time as any.
 
The way they ended up announcing the impending birth was not exactly the way Kagome had envisioned. Grandpa kept insisting that she should drink sake to celebrate her graduation, and Kagome kept insisting that she was not twenty yet. Grandpa said that really didn't matter this one time. He became so adamant that Kagome finally said, “I can't Jii-chan - I'm pregnant.”
 
Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Kagome.
 
“You…you're what?” her grandfather asked.
 
“You mean I'm gonna be an uncle!” Souta clamored.
 
“Yes, and I am going to be a grandmother,” Mama Higurashi added.
 
“You mean I am going to be a great-grandfather?” Grandpa asked.
 
“Yes, you are,” Kagome replied.
 
“When?” Her grandfather asked.
 
“Around the middle of October if I make it full term,” Kagome answered softly.
 
“What do you mean, Sis? Is something wrong?” Souta asked.
 
“No, Souta, I'm going to have twins and sometimes they come early,” Kagome responded.
 
“Twins!” Grandfather and Souta said together.
 
“Yes, twins,” Kagome said.
 
Grandfather finally looked at InuYasha, “You…YOU did this to her.”
 
InuYasha blushed, but Kagome responded, “Only because I wanted him to, Grandpa. You are going to be the great grand-father to two hanyou.”
 
Grandpa's response was to reach over and take the glass of sake he had been trying to get his granddaughter to drink. “No alcohol for you young lady. I think I need it instead.” He downed it in one guzzle.
 
Sesshomaru and Kichou had watched the entire exchange in amusement. They could tell her grandfather was not really angry, just a bit shocked. It didn't appear that he was going to decide to disown his only granddaughter anytime soon.
 
Kichou did finally speak, “Kagome, when are you going in for your next sonogram?”
 
“Friday. I think both Mama and InuYasha are going with me. They are going to see if they can determine the gender this time,” Kagome answered.
 
“I understand they are fascinating,” Kichou responded.
 
“You have not seen one?” Kagome asked.
 
Kichou shook her head. “Our daughters have been too busy to find mates and have pups yet.”
 
“Would you like to go?” Kagome responded.
 
“Would you mind?” Kichou answered with a question.
 
Kagome shook her head. “You know, InuYasha and I were going to ask you and Mama to go shopping for baby furniture with us pretty soon. Maybe we can go after I'm through. My appointment is fairly early in the morning. I am afraid if I wait too long I will be too big and miserable to really look.”
 
InuYasha was looking almost pleadingly at his brother during this exchange. He really did not want to go shopping with three women, even though he had promised Kagome he would. Sesshomaru barely moved his head in the negative. He wasn't getting InuYasha out of this. However…
 
“Do you mind if I come as well?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“You want to go?” Kagome was surprised.
 
“I have seen many things, but never something quite like that,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
Thankfully, Grandpa and Souta had NO interest whatsoever and did not plan to join them.
 
Kichou looked around the table. “Why don't we all meet in the lobby of their building Friday morning? We can go together in the limo first to the doctor, and then shopping. I will check around and find out where the best places to go are.”
 
“Sounds like a plan to me,” Kagome responded. Her mother nodded in agreement.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
As planned, they met in the lobby Friday morning and left in plenty of time for Kagome's appointment. The doctor was a bit shocked at the number of people in the room, but then decided the fact the family was so interested was a good thing. Kichou and Sesshomaru both watched in fascination as they rubbed the jelly on Kagome's belly and placed the probe for the ultrasound to it.
 
The doctor said that both of the babies were developing well and pointed out features that she could tell from the sonogram.
 
She also found something else she was looking for. “See this? It looks like this one is a boy.”
 
InuYasha was fascinated, as was his brother. “Do you mean that's his…”
 
“That is his little pecker,” The doctor replied with a smile. For some reason people didn't seem as put off by that as the word `penis.'
 
“It does not look all that little,” Kichou remarked.
 
“Well, no. It looks like he is already fairly well endowed,” the doctor replied.
 
InuYasha just grinned.
 
The doctor had moved over to the other and was scanning back and forth, “As best as I can tell, the other one is probably a girl. Congratulations, Kagome. It looks like you will probably have a boy and a girl.”
 
Kagome smiled as she looked at her mate. InuYasha leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. “I told you it wouldn't surprise me if you have one of each.”
 
 
By the time Kagome got cleaned up and redressed, it was nearly lunchtime. They decided to find someplace to eat before hitting the stores for baby goods.
 
While they were eating Kichou said, “You know, Kagome, you really should consider hiring a housekeeper.”
 
Kichou saw the look on her face. “I do not mean you are doing a bad job. You are going to start filling out pretty rapidly now, and your chores will become harder for you. You will tire even more easily and your balance will not be that great. It would be one less thing you have to worry about if you went ahead and found one. You really will need one once the twins arrive. You might even want to consider a nanny as well.”
 
Kagome nodded. Kichou was right. Already even easy tasks like making the bed were starting to tire her. “Did you have someone in mind?”
 
Kichou nodded. “There is a girl that works at the Four Seasons where you stayed for your honeymoon. She is the one I asked to take care of the suite when you were unconscious. I have known her since before she went to work there. She is honest, discreet, and a hard worker. I would have hired her for our staff, but they are all live-ins, and she needs to go home to her family at night. Would you like for me to arrange an interview for her with you?”
 
Kagome agreed, “All right, but tell me - is she human or youkai so I will have some idea what to expect.”
 
“Actually, she is human, but she is trustworthy. She is also quiet and shy. I think you would get along with her,” Kichou answered.
 
“Why don't you find out when her day off is and see if she can come then,” Kagome told her. “I will make sure that both of us are available.”
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha as she spoke. She wanted him to understand she wanted his opinion on anyone that would be coming into their home. InuYasha nodded in agreement. He hoped the stranger was more trustworthy than Kagome's own friends were.
 
After lunch they went on their baby shopping expedition. With Sesshomaru and Kichou's suggestions, they found everything they thought they would need, at least for this trip. They got the big items out of the way like the cribs, changing table, basinets, dresser, and nursing chair. Most of it was special ordered, so it would be delivered in three to four weeks. They then went to a department store for Kagome to look at maternity clothes. At that point, Sesshomaru took InuYasha with him and they wandered off to the electronics to look at the latest in television sets.
 
When it appeared that Kagome was all shopped out, they piled back in the car to head home. They went by the shrine first to drop Mama off. Kagome had sent their own driver after her mother that morning so she would not have to drive to the apartment and back home again. Mama kissed her daughter goodbye before she climbed out of the limo with the chauffeur's help.
 
They stopped and grabbed some takeout on their way back to the apartment. Sesshomaru and Kichou ended up going up since Kagome was so tired that InuYasha was carrying her, so someone needed to take the food. InuYasha followed his brother silently through the lobby and back up the elevator.
 
They had plenty of food, so Kichou and Sesshomaru decided to stay a little longer and helped set everything out on the table. InuYasha was holding Kagome in his lap on the couch and the pair was glowing as Kagome pulled energy from her mate.
 
When Kagome felt better she looked towards Sesshomaru and Kichou. “I'm glad you are still here. I was just thinking it is time for us to go back again.”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow, so Kagome simply said, “Shippou.”
 
“Oi, that's right. You promised the runt we would come back when you were through with school. I guess we had better go soon,” InuYasha responded as they joined Kichou and Sesshomaru at the table.
 
 
To be continued…