InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ BLOODS & DOGZ ❯ Troubling News ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

BLOODS & DOGZ

Chapter 8: Troubling News

 

Something was wrong. You could feel it -well if you were a demon you sure could, but if you were human then you had an uneasy feeling-.

 

And this is what was happening at the Higurashi Mansion. Yuske was frantically running from one screen to the other. He could see quite a large number of Naraku's men heading into the Dogz territory.

 

"What to do? What to do?" Yuske kept on chanting.

 

`Well for starters, stop moving… I'm getting dizzy' his brain yelled.

 

Yuske stopped in his tracks and stood frozen for a while then out of the blue he started banging his head against the wall behind him.

 

"Call her and she'll take care of it or let her enjoy her holiday and put her life in danger… which one? Which on-" Yuske had stopped mumbling to himself as he saw what time it was. This is when Kagome calls everyday for an update.

 

"3…2…1…"*Ring Ring* obviously the phone started ringing. It played the "In da club" by: 50 Cents instrumental.

 

`Gulp… *sweat sweat* …Gulp* "oh heck with it." Yuske said as he picked up the phone and was about to blurt everything out but all that came out was a high pitched squeak.

 

"Yuske… talk already." Kagome sounded mad. She was after having to hangout at the mall.

 

"Yuske… has Kagome… what the fuck?" Sango said as she came in the door looking for Yuske but saw the screen that was flashing red. She was mad beyond words.

 

"Damnit… where are you?" Sango grumbled. She scanned the room with her `Yuske blood thirsty' eyes and found him frozen in the corner.

 

She walked up to him, picked up the cell phone that Kagome was patiently waiting on and said in a small voice.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Sango you have 2 seconds."

 

"Naraku's men are in the Dogz territory and only one of their men is fighting right now. We just didn't want to tell you before or more like Yuske didn't want to because you are on vacation right now and then we would ruin it and th-" it was now that Sango realized she was talking to no one. Kagome had hung up right after the 1st sentence.

 

*** Tsuki Mansion ***

 

"The bastards are looking for me and I know it… where are you Inuyasha?" Kagome was trying to sniff him out after what she had heard from Sango. She didn't want to blow her cover, so basically she was going to warn him.

 

She opened the door where she could smell him the strongest. She had to do a fake cough to get his attention since he was too busy sucking faces with some whore to notice her.

 

His reply was a frustrated growl. He reluctantly broke away from her and barked out "what?"

 

Growling Kagome said "your brother is fighting a swarm of Naraku's men right now. He wouldn't last much longer. They are near the west wood mall." She turned around and left, not even noticing the whore giving her a death glare.

 

*** West Wood Mall ***

 

`Ugh… threes bastards just keep on coming.' Sesshoumaru thought as he ducked again from a stray bullet.

 

Out of no where bullets started showering towards the enemy. He noticed they were coming from his side. Finally able to sniff out his gang over the stench of blood, Sesshoumaru felt relieved but didn't show it.

 

*** Tsuki Mansion ***

 

Kagome quietly sat on the couches as Rin paced around the room with a first aid kit ready to go.

 

"Why do you have a first aid kit?" Kagome asked.

 

"Inuyasha-aniki always comes injured and so do the others. So I and the healers treat to their wounds." She replied.

 

Kagome nodded and started blankly at the wall again. Suddenly they heard angry, rushed voices heading their way.

 

And so everyone flooded in. Some of them were being carried since they had injured arms, legs and other body parts. Inuyasha was in the middle of the crowd being helped by Miroku. He had a bullet in his leg. Sesshoumaru came in the last. He had a hand over his stomach and his garments were quite bloody.

 

Kagome took a step closer to Miroku and sniffed him out. He wasn't injured. Rin automatically started treating Inuyasha's injury while the other healers helped out rest of the gang.

 

"When you are all finished here meet me in the living room." Sesshoumaru said and moved to leave.

 

"And just where are you going?" Inuyasha asked half growling.

 

There was no reply he had already left. Kagome turned to look at Rin and saw her pleading eyes. She knew what those meant, they had wanted her to go help her brother, since Inuyasha wouldn't allow any other healer to touch him Rin couldn't go.

 

Kagome sighed as she followed his scent towards his room.

 

"What do you want?" Sesshoumaru growled. He was just about to enter his room when he saw her heading his way.

 

"You can not possibly leave it like that. Either get it clean or have it infect you." Kagome said. She walked passed him in a motion for him to follow her, instead he just walked into his room. Knowing he was going to act stubborn, Kagome let a bit of her suppressed power slide a little.

 

She knew he would follow and so she patiently waited for him in the kitchen with a first aid kit ready to go.

 

`Why am I doing this again? Oh yeah! Doing Rin a favor and knowing that Naraku's bullets are poisonous, the wound will heal with a human healing rate. It might even leave an infection. Also Naraku was looking for me and I know it.

 

She sighed. Then looked up to see him there in the doorway with an extra shirt in his hand and with narrowed eyes, he walked up to her. He stood in front of her in a way that demanded answers but Kagome wasn't ready to give them yet.

 

She motioned for him to sit on a stool and he complied. Taking his shirt off, he tensed as he felt air touching his wound. He didn't know why but he was curious as to why his wounds weren't healing as they usually did.

 

"Baka" Kagome mumbled looking at the wound and then at him for his arrogant behavior.

 

"I acknowledge that" he growled loudly.

 

"I'm sure you do." Kagome gave a dry remark.

 

He had followed her because when she had let her powers slip a little, he could smell something familiar, but couldn't really put his finger on it. Also he wanted to know why she wasn't shocked, disgusted or anything like that seeing so much blood. After she was just a stupid human, wasn't she?

 

The bullet had gone through his lower back and out the front. It would take at least 3-4 weeks to heal if the poison wasn't taken out. That is with Demon healing power as well.

 

Kagome washed the stray blood off with a damp cloth, being careful of the wound. When she was sure it was clean enough, she moved to the back and put a finger near the wound. His immediate reaction was to close his eyes and sit straight was a board.

 

Without him being aware of it, Kagome had used a bit of her miko powers to remove the poison. She had lost a lot of her gang members with the poison. After she identified it, she had practiced healing. It always took a lot out of her no matter how se to it she was. She was challenging her sibling's powers and that wasn't an easy task.

 

Sesshoumaru could feel the change in his demon blood. It was strengthening and could feel his wound closing up. Also he felt calm, and his senses were sharper then usual.

 

Kagome's miko powers had purified anything negative in his body. Sure his demon blood was at risk but she more control over her powers then that. She removed her finger and started bandaging the wound. Her hands would go around him, and then at the front she would pass the roll form her right hand to the left. She repeated this action until she was happy with the result.

 

Putting the first aid kit away while he put his new shirt on, Kagome washed her hands.

 

"Thank you" Sesshoumaru said as he turned to leave, but halted in his steps when he saw the other there with shocked faces.

 

Kagome just quirked an eyebrow at the faces. Miroku walked up to Kagome with his hand bowed in shame. Miroku was a bit shocked himself. He wanted to talk to her and know how she was taking all this.

 

Taking her by her arm, he led her towards the living room.

 

Kagome finally asked "What the hell are you doing?"

 

"Kagome I know I told you about me being in a gang, but I want to know how you are taking all this." He asked sitting beside her on the couch.

 

"I'm ok with it. No one is dead, you're all back, no one is severely injured and that's that." Kagome said shrugging. She closed her eyes and felt sleep creeping towards her. Too busy thinking about going back home and to the way she was before, she ignored Miroku and welcomed the sleep to embrace her.

 

Miroku sighed looking at his baby cousin. Sure she was younger then him by 3 years, but she would always be his baby cousin. He picked her up and carried her to the room she was given during the stay.

 

As he was about to leave after tucking her in, his eyes caught a glimpse of something red flashing on her laptop.

 

"Miroku" Chikaru said from the door in an authorized tone.

 

"Wha-." Miroku said as he quickly pulled his hand away from the lap top.

 

"Is everything ok?" Chikaru asked looking suspiciously between Miroku and the lap top.

 

"Ya... I just- let's go. She needs her rest." Miroku said as he left her room. Chikaru followed closely after making sure that the door to her room was closed.

 

 

SRY for da late update guyz... just been out of it lately... shit's been happening and all... but yea I dunt have skewl till next semester so I'll b updating few chappies... hopefully... and thank u all for da reviews... also I would like to say a special thnx to kitsunekilala ya I think her review kinda knocked some sense into me... eventhough she reviewed ma other story.. well anywayz here are da chappies... they aren't the best but they are something..