InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Treatment,THE Gossip Queen and Inuyasha's Little Snakes ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seven
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
 
Shirah went back to treating Jaken as best she could.
As she worked to help the poor toad Sesshoumaru passed the door by, but the movement she made as she wetted the cloth and continued trying to break Jaken's fever drew his eye.
Sesshoumaru leaned on the doorframe and watched his sister care for the sick demon. He could even smell the overpowering stench of the illness mixed with Jaken's swamp-muck-like scent. All together the odor was quite putrid.
His cold eyes softened marginally when he realized that this was why she wanted to know. That she was being kind to Jaken by not letting anyone especially him, his idol know he was in a state of weakness.
`Hmm, something's off. But what is it?'
He didn't notice her turn around, “Sesshoumaru! You shouldn't sneak up on people like that! What are you doing here?” Shock was on her face.
His eyes were just as cold and hard as ever.
Like a turtle coming from its shell Jaken turned onto his side and opened his fluttering eyes, his subconscious reacting to Sesshoumaru's presence.
He looked around not seeing anything, stretched his top hand out in their direction mumbled nonsensical words then dropped out.
A little of his color had returned but he was still quite pale.
“Well,” said Sesshoumaru coldly, his voice would send shivers of delight down normal girls' spines, but Shirah wasn't a normal girl. “I leave Jaken in your care. Try not to kill him.”
“Why would I do that?”
His answer was to turn and walk away.
She continued putting the cool washcloth on his forehead and rolling him so he was on his back again. She kept on watching over him until she heard the kids running around yelling, “Dinner, dinner, dinner!”
She got off her knees and walked behind the dancing and `singing' kids. They all ate the meal the cook had made, and then separated ways to do something else.
Shirah walked from the dining room to the kitchen. When she got there she heated some broth and carried it to the room where she had put the sleeping Jaken.
She persistently pestered the toad until he woke up enough for her to feed him the warm liquid.
Sesshoumaru checked in on them and was stunned to find his little sister spooning the yellow liquid into his servant's beak.
`Since when does she care enough about Jaken to feed him like that?'
Jaken's head was resting on her bottom ribs and he could barely open his tired eyes. She was careful to make sure that he didn't choke on the broth and that most of it was swallowed instead of slipping down the old demon's face.
When the bowl was almost empty she set it aside, tenderly placed his head down and again wiped his brow with the cloth. Then she picked up the basin of water and the bowl that held the remaining broth. She walked out the door where she found Sesshoumaru who had moved out of her way.
“Hello Sesshoumaru. Are you here to check on Jaken?”
“Yes.” He said nothing more until he realized that she wasn't going to tell him what he wanted to know unless he asked. “How is he doing.” It was more a statement than a question.
“He's gained back most of his color, he's eating but his fever hasn't broken yet.”
“Hmm.”
She sighed “At this rate he should be up tomorrow and should be better completely within three days, but more likely the end of two.”
“Oh. Thanks.”
Ring. Ring…
“Would you get that? We wouldn't want Inuyasha to answer it and scare whoever it is off. `Ring. Ring…' I sent the kids to play with him; it's safe to say he's going to be in a bad mood.” Ring. Ring…
He nodded and walked into the room she just exited. Ringic.
“Hello.”
She returned to walking down the hall. She reached the kitchen, covered the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. Then she dumped the water down the drain. She turned on the cold water and filled the basin again; the fresh water would help her patient.
She started to balance the captured H2O on her hip so she wouldn't have as much strain on her arms.
Halfway back to the sick room Inuyasha started running around her, howling something like `Get them off!'
From the direction he came he was followed by three other humans in the house.
“Just buy them the ice-cream Inuyasha!” said Kagome, the girl Inuyasha REALLY likes.
“No!” Then he whispered to `Kisa,' “Get them off of me, please! Kagome won't let me kick them off!”
She looked down where he was pointing. The two kids were wrapped around his legs like anacondas while chanting, “Ice-cream, ice-cream, ice-cream.”
“Well Inuyasha let me talk to them.” She handed him the basin. “Don't spill.” She knelled to their heightened level. “Hey you two youngins, if Inuyasha buys you ice-cream will you let him go?”
They nodded.
“There you go Inuyasha,” she said as she took the water back. “All you got to do is promise to buy them ice-cream and they'll let go. But you better keep that promise or you may wake up with worse than this,” She pointed to the kids. “wrong with you.”
She then continued down the hall. She got to the corner then stopped, turned to look at them, “Kids' minds can be very diabolical.” She then rounded the corner leaving a stunned into silence Iunyasha, Kagome and Sango with a sagely nodding Miroku.
When she finally made it up the stairs she saw Sesshoumaru holding the phone away from his ears while trying to refrain himself from pushing the end button. His eyes had a light look of pleading under his icy mask. He mouthed the word `phone' and held it out in her vicinity.
He took the basin, dropped the phone in her hand, and went to sit with his servant.
“Hello?”
“Oh thank goodness! I was running out of things to say! Well I've got good news.”
“That's something I never thought I'd hear from a reporter.”
“Hehehe! Well here it goes. He has absolutely no criminal record. He's actually very clean. I've never seen a record so clean. In fact the worst thing is he had to take summer school in third grade because of in illness that caused him to be absent most of the year.”
“Wow! That's a good thing right?”
“Could be.”
“How old is he?”
“Twenty-four.”
“What! I'm only nineteen!”
“He looks about eighteen to twenty if I had to guess. But he is twenty-four.”
“Hmm. Well thanks.”
“Don't worry I'm sure he's a nice guy.”
“Yeah. Thanks. Bye.”
“It's no problem. It was more fun then paperwork. Gah-Gung-Ching!” she joked.
“Hehe!”
“Don't worry. He's so clean he could be a surgery table.”
“Thanks Mayn, that makes me feel a lot better.” She smiled into the phone as she said, “Goodbye.”
“Bye.”
She hung up the phone and walked it back into the room it was in previously.
“So, who was that? That girl could talk your ear off and back on sixty times before she's even half out of things to say.”
“Hehehe! Her names Maiden. She's THE Gossip Queen. But she make sure it's true before she passes it on.” she lied, Maiden wasn't a gossip.
“How can you stand it? For that matter how did you get her to stop talking so soon?”
“She only tells me things she thinks I'll be interested in. I tell her if I'm not.”
He nodded. Then his eyes grinned. “So why did you say something about being only nineteen when your only eighteen.”
“Did I say nineteen? I guess I'm just so excited about turning nineteen that I got ahead of myself.”
“By almost half a year.”
“Yeah!”
“Could it be she thinks you're older then you are?”
“Don't be ridiculous! She knows I'm eighteen!”
“Alright. Well remember this Saturday you promised to try out for a play with me.”
“Don't worry. I have nothing planned for that day, that I know of.”
“Good.” He got up and left.
She tended to Jaken for about an hour and a half more before she dragged her tired body up the last two stories and down the hall to her room.