InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Angel ❯ Facing reality ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Broken Angel By: Tsukiko-san
Pairings: Yuki/Kagome, Kyo/Tohru
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Review Thanks:
Anoresne: I don't know how this story will turn out. Even if I did I wouldn't tell you! Muahahaaha *cough*. Yup, Kyo is a sweety -^__^-
AnimeMoonlightGoddess: Thanks for reviewing!
I love athrun: Thanks for reviewing! And here's a new chapter.
Laa__girl: Thanks for thinking this is the best Inu/FB fanfic you have ever read! You're welcome for the enjoyment.
Author's Note: Yay I finally updated and since it's my birthday (3-8-05) I decided to update. Happy 13th birthday to me!
 
 
Chapter 4: Facing Reality
 
 
Kagome fidgeted under the intense gazes from the other occupants in the room. `Okay Kagome, if you tell them the truth then everything will be alright………Yea and Kyo-Kun will put on a pink dress and sing Mary had a Little Lamb………BAD MENTAL IMAGES!!' Kagome stifled her giggles and starred at her feet finding them interesting. Kagome felt a soft hand on her shoulder and turned to gaze at Yuki who had a tender smile.
 
“You don't have to tell us Kagome-san, if you don't want to.” He said.
“Oh no, I think we need an explanation after what happen outside!” Kyo said to Yuki.
“If she doesn't want to tell us then she doesn't have to.” Yuki growled out and felt his eye twitch.
 
Kagome turned her eyes back and forth as they bickered. Really they're acting like she has no say in this. She rolled her eyes and turned to Yuki.
“It's Okay I'll explain.” With that said she flopped onto the futon, and breathed in and out to calm her nerves.
“Well it all started when I was 15……” Kagome told of her adventures in Feudal Japan only being interrupted by Kyo when he comments on something. She waited for people to question her sanity or for them to throw her out.
“Also I feel that some of you are different……..” She finished. Kyo and Yuki tensed at her words so did Hatori and Shigure. She looked at Yuki and say him look at her with an intense gaze like he was trying to decipher if she was telling the truth or not. She blushed and started to fiddle with her fingers. She took the sign of silence as a positive and thought to leave them to their own thoughts. She got off her futon and walked to the door wincing a bit at the partially healed wounds.
“I'm going for a walk.” She said as Kagome closed the door with a click. She breathed out a sigh of relief as she started to walk to the sliding door that led outside. The cold made her body shiver in delight. She always loved the winter, the cold making her love the way her face go numb. She sat down on the porch and starred at the swirling snow.
 
 
(Back In the room)
 
“Wow…… I can't believe she went through all that.” Tohru breathed out as she contemplated all the adventures Kagome had just told.
“It would only be fair if we told her about the Chinese zodiac.” Yuki said softly as he turned to Hatori for approval.
“No, she is already is in danger of losing her memories if Akito finds out.” Hatori said sternly.
“How is that possible? She doesn't know anything about the curse?” Yuki argued.
“She senses our spirit. If Akito finds out about her she will have her memories erased or……she can be used against us.” Hatori finished. Yuki felt his heart pump faster and his face drain of color. He couldn't let Akito do that to Kagome.
Though he hadn't known her for a long time he felt connected to her……….he would never forgive himself if anything happen to her just because she was involved in the Sohma curse. He ran a hand threw his hair and decided to go after Kagome.
“Remember you can't tell her.” Hatori said.
“I won't.” He said calmly.
And left through the door without a backwards glance.
 
 
 
(Back Outside)
 
Kagome felt Yuki's presence before she even saw him. Her blue-gray orbs turned to him as he sat down next to her. She scooted a bit closer to him for extra warmth, but tried to make it not that obvious. Yuki moved towards her more and tried not to laugh at the blush that crept onto her face.
“You think I'm lying don't you?” Kagome asked after a short period of silence. She couldn't help the gnawing feeling in her stomach, waiting for his answer.
He had a thoughtful look on his face before he answered. “I do believe you. I don't know the others. Kyo is skeptical, but that's how he always is.” He laughed.
She rested her cheek on his shoulder, and it was Yuki's turn to blush.
“Sorry, I was just a bit cold.” She mumbled, letting the wind blow her hair. Yuki didn't say anything, but put an arm around her. She tensed and pushed Yuki a bit away.
“What's wrong?” Yuki asked, thinking it was something he did.
“I feel a demon's presence.” She saw a flicker of silver and already made bows and arrows out of her miko energy.
“Miko, it seems you have gotten better.” Came a monotone voice.
The flicker of silver stopped, but she can see a silhouetted form in the shadows.
“Show yourself.” She growled out, while Yuki went into a fighting stance.
The figure took a step where her eyes can clearly see all the features.
Her eyes widen considerably while her mouth parted in surprise.
“You're teeth are nice and all but I rather not see them.” He said amused. Her moth shut quickly with a snap and she put her weapon away.
 
The golden eyes that starred at her seem to sparkle with mirth.'500 years can change a person……er……demon' she mused and a cheery grin instantly was plastered on her face.
“Who is he?” Yuki said into her ear.
“He's Sesshomaru-sama, great Taiyoukai of the west.” Kagome said almost forgetting about the titles.
“Why are you here?” Kagome asked.
“We have some things……to discuss.” He said before he was in front of her in a flash
“Like what?” Hell, if he's only giving her bits of information in like 500 years (well for him)
“About Naraku.” He said in a deadpan voice with the sparkle of mirth gone. She knew this was bad news…….
 
 
 
REVIEW PLEASE! I no it's short but, I'm tired!