InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Buried Alive ❯ The Look-a-Likes ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don't own Inu and co!

Chapter 2 The Look-a-Likes

"Wow InuYasha, I didn't know you were clever." Naraku didn't seem worried.

"Yea well, I have my perks." InuYasha smirked, he grabbed me and pulled me to him adjusting the gun so it was now at the side of my head. I smirked, this was perfect, I could get out of this.

"How do you plan on escaping?" Naraku questioned.

"Oh, you know, the same way I got in here." InuYasha grinned. "Nice trap door by the way."

"Kagome, dear, do you know what this man wants with you?" Naraku asked me and gave me a look. I took it as my cue to do what I said I was capable of. I nodded and using the three simple rules I'd leaned in self defence class I took InuYasha out. Now I had the gun and InuYasha was on the ground. I moved away from him and went over behind Naraku. He smiled at me and I nodded. InuYasha looked at me incredulously and I winked at him again. He frowned again like he had earlier got up off the ground and turned to Naraku weaponless.

"How does it feel to be shown up by a girl?" Naraku asked smugly and I took the distraction to make my move and show InuYasha who's side I was really on.

"I don't know," InuYasha shrugged that smug smirk back on his face, "Why don't you tell me." InuYasha waved his hand in my direction and with an impressed look. Naraku turned to me and was shocked by the gun pointed in between his eyes.

"Now Kagome, I thought we had a deal." Naraku said sweetly.
"Yeah well I don't tend to keep my word, you know, being a felon and all." I smiled and tilted my head to the side. I backed up and me and InuYasha headed to the trap door. There was a noise at the door and all attention went there.

"Kagome we don't have time to finish this." InuYasha said when I stopped and held the gun up to Naraku's head. "I promise you that we can kill him later." I fired two shots and Naraku fell to the floor in agony. InuYasha grabbed me and pulled me back to the trap door. I heard Naraku scream in annoyed pain at me but my head was pounding and I didn't catch a word of it.
InuYasha pulled me through the trap door and we bolted down the small cramped pathway.

"Is he dead?" InuYasha asked behind me as we ran.

"Sadly, no, I shot him in the knees, so he couldn't follow us." I smiled at my genius. "It'll take the guards at the door another 4 minutes to get through." I said remembering how long it took us to get through the 4 coded doors.

"Good thinking." After another couple of minutes of running as fast as we could InuYasha told me to stop. He showed me a ventilation shaft off the side of the pathway. "This will lead you out."

"Where are you going?" I ask not sure I want to be alone.

"I have to go take care of something." He gave me a warm smile. "Keep the gun and trust no one." He instructed me, "When you get outside find Sesshomaru, he's my brother." He started off down the pathway, "Remember don't trust anyone till you're with him."

"Ok, good luck!" I called after him and then got inside the ventalation shaft and made my way out.
The gun clanked against the metal of the shaft as I crawled on my hands and knees to the exit. It took a good 10 minutes for me to find the end of the shaft. I poked my head out of the opening and looked left and right. There was no one outside. I crawled out and smiled. I was free! I closed my eye and took a deep breath of fresh air. I looked around me wondering where I should go. To my left was the building and to my right a forest.

I decided on the forest because it would provide me coverage. The building was bigger than I could have ever guessed. I headed away from its towering shadow and into the refuge of the shady woods. I wasn't into the woods 5 yards when I was surrounded. I felt like an idiot. I held my gun up and turned in a circle counting them. There were ten of them and one of me. I knew I had less than 6 shots left so I could only take out about half of them but I'd still lose in the end. I cursed InuYasha aloud and they all moved closer, why had he left me?

"What did you say?" one of them asked, they were all dressed identically but I could tell that the one who'd spoken was a girl. I didn't reply, I didn't see a reason why I should. "We're not going to hurt you." The female voice said again, I spotted the girl she was to my right she put her hands out in surrender and the others did the same. They came closer and I shifted and pointed my gun at the girl. I guessed she was their leader.

"How can I trust you?" I asked suspiciously.

"You don't really have a choice." the girl replied.

"I need to speak with some one." I said, "I won't trust any of you until I find this person." The girl in front of me nodded and turned to walk away.

"Follow us," She said, "I think I know who you seek." I waited for the rest of them to pass before I started walking. I followed them and almost lost them a few times. They were very quiet. Almost like they could be invisible. They weren't the only ones quiet thought, I took note that there were almost no noises beyond my own feet stepping loudly in the leaves. There were no animals in this forest. I wondered why. It was clear that they knew where they were and where they were going.

I kept up barely, trying to formulate a plan if they were to lead me into a trap. I hadn't come up with one yet. I also thought about how I would know Sesshomaru if I saw him. Would he look like InuYasha? InuYasha had said they were brothers, so maybe he'd have the same hair. It was hard to forget the hair. It's silvery white color had almost blinded me when I first saw it. I thought about InuYasha some more, what other features did he have that I could look for in Sesshomaru. Then I remembered something odd. InuYasha had had ears on his head, not human ears either. Dog ears, or maybe cat, it could possibly be either.

Soon, as we walked deeper and deeper into the woods I started hearing something. It sounded like static at first, like when you can't quite find the station you're looking for. That was the sound I heard. Then as I ran to catch up with the group for the hundredth time I figured out what it really was. They were talking to one another. I'd never seen or heard anything like it before. I listened closely as they exchanged words, or signals, whatever they were, it was so unnormal I didn't know what to make of it. I tried to comprehend how this could be happening, but my brain just couldn't wrap itself around the concept.

I wanted to ask them about it but before I had the chance we walk into a clearing and I'm shocked by all the people. It was like a base camp. That wasn't even the worse part. There was something about these people that was going to make finding Sesshomaru hard. They all looked like InuYasha. They all had the silvery white hair and dog, or cat, ears on their heads. They all walked around moving fast as if they all have somewhere important to be. They wore the same outfits as the people in the group did only without the head gear. I was standing stock still in the midst of them all staring with my mouth hung wide open. I didn't know what to say.

Suddenly everyone stopped. They all looked at me. I blushed being the center of attention was one thing I wasn't very good at. I laughed and tried to make myself disappear. I wished silently for the earth to open up and swallow me. It didn't happen.

"Come this way." Said the girl who'd led me here. I waited for a moment, keeping a firm grip on my gun I followed her. She led me to a set of stair that let to a tent. It was less like a tent though, more like a mini building. It appeared to be made of metal but I could be wrong. Not like I haven't been wrong before. She showed me to the door and I walked in alone. I was welcomed by the natural smell of lemongrass. It wasn't strong but it was obvious. I came in a few feet and then a man stepped through a door on the opposite wall. He smiled.

"I'm Sesshomaru, can I help you?" He was polite, but I could tell he wasn't always that way. His eyes were cold, but his smile said differently. He had purple marks on his high cheekbones and a cresent moon shape on his forhead. He unlike InuYasha had no ears on his head, but I could tell. There was definitally a family similarity. It was the power behind his eyes. The same power I saw behind InuYasha's kinder eyes.

"I'm Kagome, InuYasha told me to find you." I didn't know if I said the right thing but he smiled a vacant smile and nodded.

"You must be the one." He took a seat on a throne of sorts and I wondered if her was a king.

"That's what I've been told." I tried to laugh it off but didn't succeed. I'd lost all of my previous zeal.

"Take a seat." He gestured to a pile of pillows on the floor and I approached him and complied. "I'm not going to complicate things for you right now, but soon I will explain to you why you are so sought after."

I nodded not knowing what to say. I blushed again, something that isn't common for me, yet I've done it twice in the last few minutes.

"If you have other questions feel free to ask." He got comfy and I took a moment to ponder all of the questions I'd been wanting to ask for the last few hours.

"Where are we?" I asked first I needed to figure a few things out before I asked the complicated questions.

"Well at the moment we reside on planet Domaz." He answered and I gave him a look of pure confusion.

"What is the year?" I had never before heard of planet Domaz before in my life.

"Kagome, I couldn't tell you that, on my planet we don't count time in years, we use moon cycles."
"So like 29-30 days to a year?" I almost laughed aloud he must be hundreds of years old!
"No, it would be too complicated for you to understand, you may ask InuYasha when he comes back." Sesshomaru folded his hands in his lap.

"Where is InuYasha?" I asked and with out stopping also added, "He said he had something to take care of inside of that building. What was it?"

"InuYasha is getting rid of the competition." Sesshomaru explained almost bluntly.

"You mean killing them?" He nodded, "Why are they competition?"

"They are after you Kagome, therefore they must be stopped."

"How do I know you are the good guys?" I asked quirking an eyebrow. "What if the real good guys are out to get you?"

"Kagome things have changed alot since you've been on earth." He sounded annoyed as if I was a child asking why the sky was blue.

"As you can probably tell I'm not human," I nodded that was an obvious statement. "And neither is InuYasha, but we work for your government, we are here to get you and take you back to earth."

"That's what you say." I was teasing but he took me seriously.

"I'm sorry Kagome but at this moment I have no way of proving my loyalties to you." another question popped into my head and I pushed aside the loyalty matters for later discussion.

"Why do you guys talk funny?" I asked refering to the static conversation I witnessed earlier. Sesshomru gave me a funny look then his eyes widened.

"You could hear that?" He looked on me as if I was the 8th world wonder. "The static noise?"

"Yeah, It took a few minutes, but I heard it all right." I frowned. "Can't everyone?"

"No Kagome everyone can't, the way we speek is special." Sesshomaru thought about something for a moment and I waited patiently. "We have highly educated launguages now days. In our world we speak in a series of high pitched electric signals to one another. A normal human wouldn't be able to even hear it. Your animals are capable, especially your dogs, but not humans." He scratched his chin and I see that I've stumped him. "This is incredible."

"So does everyone on your planet look like you and InuYasha?" I asked even more curious about these strange people.

"Oh, no, InuYasha and I are brothers." He waved a hand as if I were stupid for asking such a question.

"But then, why does everyone out there look like InuYasha?" He thought for a moment then smiled as if something just hit him.

"Oh, those are just sergical faces." He smiled at my befuddled look. "They are all human like you they just have masks on, so incase we are found InuYasha's identity will be concealed."

"I see." I nodded slowly, still not comprehending it all, oh well, I'd figure it out soon.

"No more questions for now, feel free to roam the grounds but don't go to far." He warned and I knew I was dismissed. I got up and made my way to the exit. At least I had a few questions answered. I'd get more later, hopefully.

End Chapter.

So...how'd you like it? Tell me...as if review...asap! or don't...if you wanna make me cry...lol just kidding...no seriously...review...or else! hehe!