InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Buried Alive ❯ Heading Home ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: You guessed it I don't own InuYasha, or company.

Chapter 3 Heading Home

I did exactly as Sesshomaru advised and roamed the grounds for a bit. I wanted nothing more than to understand what was going on. I watched as the men and women went about their work. Getting a closer look now I could see that all the men looked exactly like InuYasha and the women all looked the same too only a bit more feminine. I didn't understand the reason why, or how for that matter. They couldn't be masks, they were far too convincing. It looked like everyone had gotten their faces surgically altered just for this, and just to save me. Which didn't seem right. Why was I so important? I only pondered this question for a moment, not thinking it was all to important, must be just a fluke of luck on my part.

I didn't like being so important, in my line of business that was a bad thing. If everyone knew who I was eventually the cops would find out. Though I did have a feeling these people were higher than cops. I was thinking CIA, but I was sure I was wrong, it didn't seem like something our government--even the secret parts--would do. Especially the way these people looked. I looked around at all the white fuzzy ears. They couldn't be human. No way. Feeling to shy to approach any of them and ask I wandered the camp. I listened only partially to the conversations taking place, all in InuYasha's voice.

I couldn't make any sense of what I was seeing, and a part of me didn't want to. I ventured into the forest a little ways but stayed in sight of the fluffy eared people. I thought about what Naraku had told me. It did make sense that if I was important these people would be as anxious to have me as well as Naraku had me. The only thing that had me wondering was why did these guys let me walk freely? They hadn't tied me up or anything. Were these the good guys? Or were they all just competing to capture me like some demented game of capture the flag? I had to many question racing through my head and no answers for any of the ones that were pestering my the most.
I heard a noise in the distance, like a rapid fire M16 but it had more of an electrical sound to it reminding me of a video game I used to play with my younger brother.

There was no way anybody in this place was human, except for me that is. Maybe they were aliens, from an alien planet, and that was why they all looked the same. I laughed at my absured idea and brushed that thought off as fast as it had come to mind. I hoped the sound meant InuYasha was on his way. I had a few questions for him. Hopefully he would be as open as his brother was, but not as easily annoyed. I really wanted to know why they were only using his identity, when his brother seemed just as different from the human race. It was intriguing but I didn't bother to ask. The gun shots got closer and the InuYasha look alikes began to pack up their things knowing the time to leave was at hand. I wanted to go find one and force them to tell me what was going on, but I didn't think they'd comply to an angry crazy lady.

One of them called for me in a clipped tone that sounded metallic--like a machine talking to me--I walked out of the forest and into the camp. The one who was looking for me was a girl. She approached me when she saw me walk out of the forest and into the clearing. She escorted me to a nearby spacecraft, I watched her as she walked and noticed the awkward way her feet were shaped, I didn't know what it meant but it wasn't something normal. This led me to believe that these people were not human, what ever they were I had no choice but to trust them. I recieved a slight shock by the space ship set far into the distance away from where I'd been wondering. What confused me the most what the circle on the side.

I could tell what it was by the NASA emblem depicted and I knew this meant that these things were the good guys. I was led inside and then taken to a holding area. I took a seat in the only chair available and waited. I was alone and that was how they left me. After the passing of five minutes an InuYasha look alike, or maybe the real InuYasha, joined me and taught me how to buckle in so I wouldn't be freely floating about during take off. As he spoke and instucted me in fastening my belt I knew it wasn't the real InuYasha. His tone was just as clipped as the girls had been earlier and just as metallic. It creeped me out, I wasn't used to machines talking to me. I did as I was told and sat in my overly cushioned chair. I was given no other instuction but to just sit and wait for take off. I assumed it wouldn't take long and so I sat back and allowed questions to dance through my head again.

I was confused for a moment, if this ship was taking me back to earth, then where was I? I knew it had to be a carbon based planet or else there would have been no way that I could breath outside these walls. I thought of all the science classes I'd taken in high school, before I'd dropped out of course, and I never remembered a planet in our solar system that was carbon based. With that in mind I took some time to pondered my own personal questions for a long time waiting for something to happen. The InuYasha look-a-like left me there in my own room alone and I had nothing better to do. Feeling more than just slightly confused I closed my eyes and waited for something interesting to happen.

It was silent for a while then I heard the loud screech of metal scraping on metal. I covered my ears to block out the ringing. Dizziness made me sway in my seat the restaints on my shoulders the only thing supporting my dead weight. Then after moments of holding onto my head to keep me from losing my mind the noise dwindled down into nothingness. Composing myself I sighed in relief and only just after my hands were rested on either side of my body I was sent into another new kind of pain. The pain covered my body from my head to my toes. I screamed out in pain, but it didn't seem to help. Surpressing the curse words that would have otherwise gratefully slewn from my lips I wrapped my arms around my stomach which felt like it would explode at any given moment and gritted my teeth. My head started to ache in a way that matched the near exploding eruption in my stomach.

The pressure built up and I was helpless against the relentless pounding inside my body. In my efforts to ignore the ever growing pain that seemed to encompass my entire body I didn't notice the InuYasha that had cme through the cabin door behind me. He took in my appearance for only a moment and then with inhumane speed he was by my side. It only took a quarter of a second for him to appraise my face before a worried expression covered his face. I worried also for a moment, what if there was nothing he could do to stop the pain? What if he didn't want to stop the pain?

Panic shook my body, were these aliens going to test me in some way to see how long I could survive insufferable pain? I felt his hand on mine and jumped, his face contorted into a soft smile, and for some reason all my fears left me. I was trying to smile back despite the pain and in my struggles I failed to notice him pull something from his pocket. I only had half a second to react to the over-sized needle in his hands and the sad smile on his face, before he stuck it into my arm and shot whatever the substance was into my viens. In seconds the fluid was racing through my body it hurt like a burning fire running through my veins and then any and all feelings left my body.

"It's gonna be ok, I promise." His soft voice had caught my attention, the only bit that I could spare. He was the real InuYasha, his voice didn't sound the least bit robotic and that made me relax with the relief of the pain reliever now coursing through my body. I could barely keep my eyes open to watch as InuYasha watched me to make sure I was still alive. He gently brushed the hair from my face and frowned. His brows knit together and a grimace lined his mouth. I wondered what he'd noticed about me that made him frown in such a way. I wanted to ask him what was wrong with me but my mouth had gone slack and I didn't have the strength for the question. I remember him standing there next to me, seemingly unaffected by our take off and then after his hand moved from my face I dropped off into a deep sleep. My body not knowing what else it could do, so to relieve myself of the weakness now settled into my bones I'd lost all consciousness.

End

This one is short, didn't fit at the end of the last one or the beginning of the next...so guess what?! It gets it's own chapter! hurrah!