InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camomile Tea ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five
Naraku stood on the peak of a hill looking over the Southern Lands. He found it extremely amusing to fool the Southern lord into thinking they were allies. Ha! What a baka! But the Southern Lands weren't enough. Soon, he would have all the lands, the Shikon No Tama and that lovely little miko by his side whether she wanted too or not. Often he had seen her on his weekly trips sneaking about the other lands gathering servants and causing general mayhem. Using a puppet obviously, he was not so foolish as to endanger his true form.
True, he shouldn't be doing such a thing for fear of being captured but they couldn't catch him. To catch Naraku is like trying to catch smoke; it just slips through your fingers no matter what you do. But more often than not, he went out to see that little miko. Such power and beauty he had never seen and that made him want it more. Her power could rival his, which made it even more important that he'd have her by his side. But, oh, she was jewel. Such eyes were never seen in the human race. The only ones who possess those stormy blue-gray eyes were a tribe of ookamiyoukai living to the far north.
“My lord?” A voice came from the door.
“What is it?” Naraku answered without turning his face.
“My lord, Lady Kagura has returned from her task.”
“Have her report to me and bring the item she was sent to retrieve.”
Naraku smiled. His plan was underway. No one could stop him with what he had planned. Taking souls was so tedious for him having to use a good part of his own youki to do it. His plan would make it far easier.
&&&&&&&&&&&
Kagome sat in her room reading a book she'd brought with her when she had made the decision to come to the Feudal Era to complete her task. Midoriko had told her mother in her time that she had to be 15 years old at least before she could come to complete her task and that she had to remain until the task was finished. Two years she'd been here and she had a few inklings about what to do.
She'd done some reading in the past before she was old enough to come. She came across an old fairy tale from the Feudal Era about a young miko who came from a distant land and saved the four kingdoms, the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern lands, from an evil hanyou. The story was rather glamorized with all sorts of fantastic characters of varying magic. She had a good idea this might be her but who this hanyou was she really had no idea. Now that she was here, she was even more confused. Two hanyous she'd heard of, Naraku and Inuyasha. Naraku, she not heard much about but from recent events she could almost be sure. The tale mentioned another youkai who aided the young miko. She highly doubted it was Sesshoumaru, considering his feelings towards her. Hell, she was trash if not for the position she'd soon take.
“Arrgh! This is not what I am supposed to do is it? Oh, of all things, how the hell am I suppose to defeat an evil hanyou I've never even seen?”
Hmm, that's not entirely true…the book the fairy tale was in had a picture of him. He was very handsome…tale said that was part of his danger, he could seduce anyone into doing anything. Oi, I had better watch out then. Oh mom, this isn't what I thought this would be at all. I wasn't expecting a vacation but I might as well suck it up. No mom here to baby me…I wonder what tragedy Sesshoumaru went through…I should note to ask him sometime…still I doubt he'd actually tell me…god how on earth would I live with him?
A knock on Kagome's door interrupted her thoughts.
“Yes?”
Kikyo's voice drifted through the door, “Kagome, can I come in?”
“Sure, come on in.”
Kikyo slowly opened the door, stepped inside and shut the door.
“Its kinda late, Ki, shouldn't you be in bed?”
“The same could be said of you.”
“Yeah, well, I have more problems keeping me up than you.”
“Have you discovered anything about your quest?”
“Well, I remember I read a fairy tale once when I was 11 or 12. The story told about a young miko who came to the Four Kingdoms from a distant land. She was dressed in strange clothes but readily accepted the garb of the people. Soon after her arrival, an evil hanyou began a campaign to take over the Four Kingdoms. The Southern Kingdom, he already had, but it was the Western Kingdom he desired the most. The young miko told those around her that it was her mission to stop this hanyou. So with the help of another miko and two youkai, she defeated the hanyou. The story says here that she vanished after the final battle ended.”
“Hmm, interesting, the story almost completely mirrors your story.”
“Yeah, it's a little freaky how alike the story miko and I are.”
“Freaky?”
“Oop-, sorry, means strange.”
“Ah, Kagome remember I'm not from your era. People of your era speak very differently.”
“I keep forgetting…sorry.”
“Its alright.”
Kagome yawned widely and glanced outside. The moon had already risen. Hmm, must be late…
“Ki, I think I'll go to bed now…good night.”
“Good night Kag.”
Kagome blinked. Wait, Ki never calls me Kag…
Kagome silently made a bow and arrow with her ki. She quickly strung the arrow and shot at the back of her sister.
The arrow flitted at Kikyo. It hit Kikyo on her back. Suddenly, Kikyo stopped and began shaking violently; she collapsed on the ground turning into a female youkai with a traditional hairstyle and a red-white kimono.
Kagome growled to herself at not having detected the youki before. She sensed around the building for her sister and found her in her room sleeping.
She glanced back at the youkai. The arrow was not meant to kill but just to tranquilize and turn the youkai back to her original form.
“Great, I bet she's one of Naraku's spies.”
Kagome quickly sensed around the grounds for any others and found no one. Kagome had no handle on weapons at all except for a bow and arrow. Midoriko insisted on training her before she came here. So, for a year, Midoriko trained Kagome hard to master and increase her skill and power. By the time, Kagome was ready, she had far out-grown Midoriko's strength. But sometimes when her emotions got out of control, her ki would flare up of its own accord.
Kagome glanced back at the female youkai on the ground. Great, what am I supposed to do about you?
Kagome thought for a while and decided to transport her out of the temple grounds at least.
She raised her hands over the youkai. Her ki slowly concentrated in her hands. Suddenly, her ki flooded out around the youkai and after a few seconds the youkai vanished. Kagome suddenly fell to her knees; the transportation took a good part of her ki to use. It was the very reason she didn't that particular power unless the situation was desperate.
Kagome held her forehead as she felt a headache growing. God, how am I gonna get over this? Dad, I wish you were here. I wish you hadn't died and I really wish I could talk to you again…
Kagome slowly climbed into bed. Maybe Sesshoumaru lost a parent too…
With that final thought, Kagome drifted to sleeping, dreaming of youkai with silver hair and gold eyes and jewels and hanyous.
&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&
The next morning, Kagome woke up slightly dazed about the previous night's dream. At some point, the dream had suddenly changed to her being back in her own time.
Flashback to dream
“Okaa-san! Okaa-san!'
Kagome turned from her sweeping to see a little black-haired girl running up the steps to the temple.
“Oof, hi sweetie, how was school?”
“Great! We learned about Europe today!” the little girl chirped.
On closer inspection, the girl had little ears that were black, furry and triangular ears sticking out from her head. Her eyes were also golden and under her bangs she had the faintest indications of a blue crescent moon.
Kagome smiled. Her daughter was becoming more like her father everyday.
“Go on, sweetie. Go inside and say hi to Uncle Yasha, he's here with Aunt Kikyo.”
The little girl gave a wild cheer and dashed inside. Kagome could hear Inuyasha laughing as the little girl tackled him.
Kagome, still smiling, turned back to the entrance of the temple. Her smile grew brighter as she saw her beloved come up the steps. The man caught sight of her and smiled.
End Flashback
Kagome shook her head slightly. The dream was quite odd. She never saw the face of the man she was married to in her dream. Still, the dream was lovely and that little girl was so adorable!
Kagome got up off her bed and stretched slightly before donning a simple sunshine yellow yukata and going to breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&
When she arrived in the dining room, she found her mother sitting at the table reading a letter while her sister brought in breakfast.
“Who's that from, okaa-san?”
“From Inutaisho-sama, her says Naraku has captured the Southern Lands and means to attack our temple soon. He's asking that we go to his manor for safety.”
“Ok, well, when?”
“Today, if possible. Make sure you girls start packing after we finish breakfast. Inutaisho-sama says two of his men will be coming to accompany us back to his manor.”
“Ah, all right then,” Kagome said awkwardly.
Kagome slowly made her way back to her room to pack. Strange, Naraku must be strong if Inutaisho-sama wants us to go to his manor.
&&&&&&&&&&&&< /font>
Seeing as she had at least 5 or 6 yukatas and kimonos and numerous other items, it was fairly surprising to find Kagome in the yard ready to go half an hour later.
Soon after, her sister, mother and grandfather appeared.
“When are the two men arriving?” Kagome asked.
“Should be around now,” her okaa-san answered.
A few minutes later, two small clouds, like the ones they'd seen when Inutaisho and his sons visited, appeared.
The clouds set down in front of them. Upon the one cloud was a male kitsune-youkai and on the other was a female nekoyoukai.
The two stepped off their respective clouds and bowed before the four humans.
“Good afternoon, my lord and ladies.” The male kitsune said, “I'm called Hanta.”
“And I Kuroyuri.” The female nekoyoukai added.
“If you are ready we will leave at once.” Hanta said looking around the group.
“We are ready, Hanta-san, thank you.” Kagome's mother replied.
Hanta nodded, “Good, please gather around us, two to a demon.”
The group did so and soon they were far above the trees on the two demons' clouds.
Kagome stared up at the beautiful sky wondering how long this peace would last.
&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&
Ly: yay, another chapter done!
IM: uh...good for you. loud stage whisper> I think she's going insane.
Ly: did you say something?
IM: No, of course I didn't, you're hearing things fakes a look of innocence.>
Inu: pokes head on stage> Yo Ivory, d'you say something?
IM: why no Inuyasha through gritted teeth trying to make a point.
Inu: wha-oh...OH...right, of course you did not say something. I must be hearing things...
IM: Oy, between Ly and the rest of the cast they'll be sending me to an early grave...