InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captivated ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Captivated
Summary: AU: Inuyasha/Kagome

What happens when sparks fly between a ruthless warrior and a shrine priestess?
In an era where the Inu no Taisho pushes for lands in the north and Naraku in the south- Kagome finds herself the prisoner of Inuyasha, the Inu Ippan. Who will be captivated first? The capturer or his captive?
Disclaimer: I do not own nor have any rights to the characters of Inuyasha. They solely belong to Rumiko Takahashi. You might find a few differences to the characters; for example- you may find that Inuyasha is a bit more callous and `older' in this story- and simply put; I intended it to be this way. I do not mean to take out the original attributes of Takahashi's characters, but to refine them in a manner according to the circumstances of this fan fiction. If you're expecting a lemon, or some sort of dramatic passion between Inuyasha and Kagome, I'm afraid you won't find it here. What this story will reveal to you is a pure and precious love in which they both hold each other in the highest regard, which is a tough task to do when you're affronted with an audience who likes flared passion. Trust me- this story is all but boring without the passion- I just am a firm believer that love happens on many levels. And if love truly reaches the heart- the most precious is a love that sneaks up on you when you least expect it. But, you're willing to protect, and even sacrifice yourself for it. You hold this love above all else, and treasure it. Things like this are most precious, and I hope you find these beautiful moments in this fan fiction.
Thank you.
-SY
Terms:
-Inu no Taisho: Inuyasha's father (Inuyasha movie 3).
-Miko: (priestess/shrine maiden).
-Youkai: (monster)
-hanyou: (half demon)
-Shimizu: (clear water) a fictional village located in the north eastern valley of feudal Japan.
-Junsuiki: (pure tree) a fictional `holy' village inhabited by priests and priestess in the central north valley of feudal Japan.
-Inu Ippan: (dog general) someone who is a general of the Inu army.
-Fukai Tani: (deep valley) a fictional village located south where Kikyo lives.
-Hachisu kyūden: (lotus Palace) a fictional palace where Inu no Taisho's army is.
ã“ã®ä¸–ã«ç 221;Ÿã¾ã‚Œã¦ ã‚ãªãŸã®ç›®ã& #171;
In this twilight, I see you.
ã­ãˆ ã“ã®è€³ã‚’æŠ ;¼ã—ã‚ã¦ã¦èžã “ãˆãŸå‘½ã®ã– ã‚ã‚ã
Don't you hear that soft sound --
ãㆠ覚ãˆã¦ã‚‹æš& #8211;ã‹ãªé¼“å‹•ã ;«åŒ…ã¾ã‚Œã¦ã Ÿã“ã¨
Follow the joyful beat of my shy heart.

Chapter 1

Kagome was becoming impatient.

The priests should have arrived with the children from Shimizu by now; unless they were caught up by bandits- possibly even youkai.

She bit her lip, pacing around the cold chambers as dying embers flicked. The war with Inu no Taisho and Shimizu, as well as many northern villages were coming closer and closer to Junsuiki. More and more children have been brought to the village since the beginning of the war, and if Inu no Taisho decided to head a bit west- they would be killing off a peaceful village of priests and children.

What were they to do? If they fought- there would be not enough man power to keep the youkai at bay, and if they were to surrender- what would happen to the children?

Sighing she paused to look out her window.

The only plan fit enough to work would be to ask Akatori of the hawk clan for protection- but even if he agreed, there will always be a price made for their protection. Knowing him, he might demand crops from the village.

But Junsuiki, a village located in the central valley, could barely make enough for themselves. They were not close enough to the sea to catch fish, and the sun scorches anything that grows on the ground. If not crops, perhaps the hawk lord would demand a sacrifice.

No- she told herself. She will never let it happen. She will never let the people she love fall into the hands of someone who will take advantage of them; because she has something to protect. And with this, she will continue fighting.
“Kagome-Sama! Kagome-Sama!”

Turning her head towards the door, she saw Shippo and Rin running towards her.

“What's the matter?” she asked as Shippo tugged her sleeve.

“Come Kagome,” he said, “There's a big ruckus outside with an Inu ippan.”

Kagome immediately rushed to her bedside for her bow.

“What does he look like?” she asked, placing sharpened arrows into her sling.

“He's tall,” Rin began. “With long silver hair and-“

“He looks kind of dumb to me, “Shippo interrupted, placing his hands on his hips. “Who comes to a peaceful village and demand surrendering? We haven't even picked up arms!”

Wrapping her arms around herself, Rin nudged him, “but, Shippo, we can't fight against him. There's no one here to fight.”

“Are you that scared Rin?” Shippo asked, pointing his nose in the air, “do you know who I am? I am Shippo, the great avenger of the fox clan. That mutt's got nothing on me, plus he smells like wet dog.”

“Shippo, I need you and Rin to take this.” Kagome said, throwing a packed bag to him. “Flee from here and meet Miroku on the road. Tell him Inu no Taisho has taken the village, and for them to head south towards Fukai Tani. There's a priestess there named Kikyo who will be able to help keep you safe. I've packed food and sutras for your safety.”

“Kagome-“

“Go! Now!”

“Come Rin!” Shippo stated as he took one last look at Kagome- the mother who rescued him from the youkai that killed his family. She took him in; raised him, and at her time of need- all he could do was flee. Wiping tears on his sleeve, he grabbed onto Rin's hand and headed out the back corridor, praying that he meet Miroku on the road.
Kagome kept watch until she heard the trap door close through the hall. Taking her bow and arrow, she started towards the stairs and made her way to the courtyard. If the Inu Ippan was truly here to ask for her to surrender peacefully, then she would give it- as long as the villagers were not harmed. But, if the general decided to hurt anyone, she will not hesitate to take up arms.
There was no other choice.
***
Inuyasha waited in the dirt soaked court yard for the miko's long awaited appearance. If the two brats he sent off were telling the truth, this would be an easy victory for his father. With a large providence as Junsuiki, inhabited only by the elderly and children, there was no need for bloodshed on their part. Though dry and not completely cultured, this village would serve as a good military base. They could build roads here for troops and messengers. It would be a better travel going straight through the valley than across the mountains which was a 10 day toll. Smirking, he was rather pleased, until he smelled her.

She was finally arriving.
“Youkai, what is it you come for?” she asked, her voice strong as she looked at him. There wasn't a trace of fear in her eyes.
“Isn't it obvious?” He asked, eyeing her from head to toe. “I'm here for your surrender.”

“I am only willing to give it if you promise to spare the villagers. No blood shall touch this soil.”
He chuckled, slowly making his way and circling her asking, “Do you think you can trust a demon's words?”
“Anyone who has an ounce of dignity will honor his words.”
“Anyone trained in the art of war knows it's the victories that make a man, not his promises.”
“Then he is not a man, just a murderer out for blood.”
“What's the difference between a murderer and a man?”
“One protects, and the other kills.”
“Nothing is different between them,” he said, coming to a halt in front of her, “they're one in the same.”
He now had a good view of her as she said nothing and stared at him. The miko had an oval shaped face with healthy coloring- seemingly as if she made it routine to help the villagers daily. Her eyebrows were small and arched, contouring with her straight nose and soft pink lips. He had never seen eyes the shade of dark wood with specks of silver as hers before. Her long dark raven hair fell down her shoulders and looked soft to the touch.

“Well then, are you going to offer me your promise or not?” She interjected.
“With no casualties, and an easy conquest- I give you my word. Your people have my protection, and no harm will come to them.” He said, walking away from her, then to an abrupt stop.
“But I cannot guarantee that of yours, miko.”
Frowning, she stepped closer to him, “What do you mean?”
“I mean,” he said, turning towards her with his claws out, “you're going to die.”