InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captivated ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2
Kagome threw her bow and satchel of arrows to the ground.
If the demon's promise to protect the villagers came from her death, then so be it. She was prepared to die.
Chuckling, he rounded her once more- eyeing the bow and arrows on the ground.
She found his overall presence more menacing than his threats. The way his amber eyes glared straight through her after catching her scent nearly sent her rearing.
“You're not putting up a fight.” He said, coming up behind her, smirking and callous. “All these people wouldn't waste one moment to save you- yet you, pathetic human, choose to save them. How foolish.”
Kagome turned towards him, her fists turning at her sides.

“Don't you have anything to protect? Anything that's precious to you?”
Amused he glowered at her.
“When you have something dear to you- no matter what it costs, you're willing to pay it. Even if,” she strode forward to him, “it is your life. This is what love is. But, I'm pretty sure you've never had anyone that loved you! That's why you're willing to kill innocent people for land that is meaningless!”
Angry, he grabbed her by her kimono front and pulled her to meet his gaze. “You stupid human, you think you know everything just because you're self righteous?”
She grabbed onto his wrist, yelling, “Stop talking and kill me already!”
He shoved her away onto the dirt.
“You have an hour to get your people out of here. But you,” he said, pointing a sharp finger at her, “stay here until I return with my army. If I find you gone, consider my words worthless.”
Kagome clutched her kimono front together, her heart beating hard as she watched the silver haired Inu Ippan fade from sight.
She had a feeling this was not going to be good.
***
“Miroku! Sango!”
“Shippo-chan,” Sango gasped, as she saw Shippo and Rin, hand to hand, running towards them.
“What's wrong?” Miroku asked as the two reached them.
“Kagome-sama sent us to look for you,” Rin said with tears filling her eyes, “she said for us to tell you that Inu no Taisho has overtaken the village and to head south to Fukai Tani.”
“She said there's a miko there named Kikyo,” Shippo said with hoarse breaths, “that will be able to protect us.”
“Kirara!” Sango exclaimed as the wild cat transformed.
“Sango,” Miroku said as he grabbed her arm, “I'll come with you. Shippo,”
“Yes?”
“Take the children to Kikyo. We'll meet you on the road with Kagome-sama.”
“Yes!” Shippo exclaimed as he and Rin gathered the group south.

“We have to be extremely cautious Sango.” Miroku said as they both climbed on Kirara.
“Houshi-sama, do you think-“
“No, Kagome is still alive. No matter what happens, we have to do our best to rescue her. I've heard Inu no Taisho is a ruthless conqueror. His army consists of him and his two sons; Sesshomaru and Inuyasha.”
“The half brothers?”

“Yes. The fortress at Hachisu kyÅ«den is where their army is.”

“That's the entire wayward east near the Valley Mountains.”

“Yes, they travel quickly through the mountains with an army of youkai.”
“What's their ultimate goal for conquering the north?”

“I'm not sure,” Miroku replied, his hand tensing around Sango, “but we must find out.”
***
“Everyone, stay together and be safe,” Kagome said as the villagers came around her.
“Kagome-sama please- don't send us off without you,” an elderly woman said, clutching tightly onto her hands.

“I will be fine. Please go. The Inu Ippan will be back any moment now. You will find Miroku and Sango on the road. Everything will be fine. I have already given them instructions.”
“Come with us Kagome-sama,” another villager said, “if you stay- you'll be killed.”
“Yes,” the elderly woman interjected, “come with us- if you do not, the youkai won't spare your life. We won't know-“
“Please, for my sake, leave.”
Silence filled the courtyard as the villagers, both old and young, nodded. They knew the reasons behind Kagome's unwillingness; she wanted to protect them. All her life, being bound to Junsuiki and her spiritual powers served them well. She always protected them- and even if it meant her life, she would not hesitate. With tears in their eyes, they slowly began to filter out onto the road, each, taking one last glance at Kagome before she faded from view.
A sigh of relief fell from her shoulders as she could no longer hear the soft scuffling of footsteps. Alone, she waited the Inu Ippan in the courtyard, knowing he would not be late. With his prideful smirk and gleaming eyes, she knew he was all but patient in the time left before killing her. If he was kind, he would give her a quick death; and if he was not- well, she didn't want to think about it. She made her decision to stay and so be it.
“They all left you.”

Kagome nodded at the voice, drawing her eyes from the rusted ground to him.
“I made them leave.”
Chuckling, he strode towards her, “You seem to have faith in your people. But, where are they when you need them? If I killed you earlier, do you think they would have stayed?”

“Does it matter?”

“No, perhaps not.”
“What are you going to do with me?”
“I haven't thought about it yet,” he replied, stopping in front of her and lowered his head. “You're a pretty stubborn person; cutting off your head would just dull my blade.”

“Your blade must be useless then.”

“It seems like you're eager to see it.”
Narrowing her eyes at him, she scoffed. “What I'm eager to look forward to is being away from you.”

“And you think I find pleasure in being here with you?”
“Just get it over and done with then, do it already.”
Smiling, he crossed his arms in front of his chest, “From now on, you're my prisoner of war. I'm going to make sure you rot here in this place; this place you so desire to save.”
“Then so be it.”