InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captivated ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3
Taking a stick by her side, Kagome poked the embers of the burning fire and watched the rose colored pieces pop. All she could think about was why in the world the Inu Ippan would want to keep her here when he knew she was worth nothing. She had no blood relatives, no friends that would pay for her freedom. What good was there in keeping a prisoner you couldn't do anything with?
Sighing, she lay back on her cot and decided too much thinking was not going to get her anywhere- well, at least not tonight. She will have plenty of time to dwell on things in the morning.
“Kagome-sama.”
Springing up, Kagome sat silently staring at the wood barred window. She swore she heard someone call her name, but there was no one there.
Was she hearing things after hours of being alone? Shaking her head, she listened closely again.

“Kagome-chan, come to the window.”
Smiling, Kagome got up from the floor, knowing for sure someone was here to save her.
“Sango-chan, Miroku,” Kagome said, reaching her hands out to grasp the hands of her dearest friends. She had lost all hope that anyone would ever come for her, and yet- here they were.

“Sorry it took so long Kagome-chan.” Sango said, squeezing the tips of her fingers. “But we're glad you're okay.”
“Kagome-sama, we're here to rescue you,” Miroku said, his voice hoarse, “there are armed men everywhere.”
“How many?” she asked.
“About a thousand. Sango and I had to hide ourselves until nightfall so we wouldn't be seen.”
“You can't fight all of them,” Kagome said, swallowing a cry in her throat, “Please leave before they see you two.”
“Kagome-sama, don't lose hope. I have a plan,” Miroku said as he slipped two vials to her.

“Get the Inu Ippan's attention and tell him you have to relieve yourself. Go to the forest. If he follows you- tell him you cannot relieve yourself because he is so near. When you hear him distance himself, pour the green vile. It's a shoben potion that smells like urine, so he will think you're really relieving yourself. Once you're done, pour the blue Kaori o henka vile over yourself. It's a scent alternator. It will cover your scent from youkai with strong noses. Once you're covered, Sango and I will be waiting across the field at the meadow with Kirara. We'll make our escape from there.”
“I understand.” Kagome replied, squeezing Sango's hand for the last time as they disappeared from the window and into the night. Looking out to make sure they weren't over heard, Kagome cautiously waited before tucking the vials into her sleeve and moved to the barred door.
In a loud voice she called out, “Inu Ippan, please let me out of here. I need to relieve myself.”
After minutes of silence, she called out again, “Inu Ippan! Let me out! I really need to-”
Suddenly the door crashed against the wall with a gust of cold air and blew out what remained of the fire.
Wrapped in darkness, Kagome staggered, trying to find where the youkai was.
“Inu Ippan, I need to-“
“Yeah, I heard your belching.” He called out, making the hairs on her neck stand. Kagome tensed at the sudden awareness that he close to her; too close. She could feel the warmth of his breath on her cheek.
Looking up into those cold somber eyes; slow warmth feathered across her cheeks. In this darkness, she truly felt uneasy. It was his eyes that taunted her. Their golden depths sent chills down her back, yet made her heart pound. What is this feeling?

Not saying anything, the Inu Ippan turned towards the door and walked out to the hall. Kagome proceeded to follow, with the two vials in her sleeve, hoping Miroku's plan will work.
***

“Hey! Hurry up!” Inuyasha yelled into the darkness as he waited for the miko.

“I can't do it with you so close, move away a little.”

“You've got to be kidding.” He barked, crossing his arms over his chest as he walked back a little. If he let her boss him around, who knows what she'll make him do next.
Inuyasha picked up the faint smell of urine.
Good, at least she didn't lie to him.
“Now hurry up so we can go back. I don't have all night to stay out here.”
“Almost done…”
“If you want to be youkai bait you can stay out here. Otherwise-“
Her scent vanished.
On guard, Inuyasha quickly came to the spot where he left her.
She was gone.
He picked up the faint smell of urine and something else he couldn't identify. Searching the ground for clues, he found two discarded vials and took a sniff of each one.
The green vile smelled like urine and the blue vile- nothing. He couldn't get a scent off the bottle.
“Maho no kusuri” he said to himself.
Chuckling, Inuyasha crushed the two vials with his foot. So the Miko thinks she can trick him with magic potions.
Doesn't she know that in the game of cat and mouse he always won?
This is going to be interesting.
***
Kagome couldn't stop running.
She knew the Inu Ippan was right behind her, she could sense him. If only she didn't fumble with the bottles, there would've been more time to escape. Darn Miroku, didn't he know that green and blue look exactly the same in the dark?! Not only that, but, she spilled most of the green vile on her hands, and if the Inu Ippan was smart- he would be able to catch the smell easily.
“Kagome-sama!”
“Kagome-chan!”
Smiling, Kagome saw the open meadow where Miroku and Sango lay in wait for her. There had never been a heart wrenching moment as there was now. She was only a few feet away from them; ten, nine, eight more steps left-
“Kagome-chan!”
Kagome heard Sango's scream as a dark shadow hovered over her. Time suddenly froze when in slow motion; she saw the Inu Ippan jump over her, rebound off the forest floor, and flew towards her with open claws.
Thump…Thump…Thump
All she could hear was the hard beating of her heart and the muffled cries of her friends as he neared her.
Thump…Thump…Thump
Closer and closer he was coming.


Thump…Thump…Thump
His arm snaked around her waist.
Thump…Thump…Thump
He flung them both to the direction of the village.
Thump…Thump…Thump
“You were so close.”