InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captivated ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 4
Chuckling, Inuyasha held loosely onto her. Let her know the authority he had. If he were to even let go a little- she would plunge a hundred feet down to her death. Satisfaction coursed through his veins as she tightened her hold on him.
“Hiraikotsu!”

Inuyasha dived left into a tall tree as a large weapon flung his way.
So her friends want to play huh? He'll show them.
Rebounding off a strong branch, Inuyasha unsheathed his sword and swung it toward the priest. Miroku blocked his attack with his bronze staff as Kirara flew in opposite.

“Get ready to die!” Inuyasha yelled in hot pursuit, lashing his sword.
Kirara dodged his attacks as Miroku yelled, “If you hand Kagome-sama over, I won't have to use my Kazanna on you!”

“Keh,” Inuyasha scoffed, “haven't you realized that if you suck me into that void of yours- she's going in too? You humans are pathetic.”
“I'm done with playing games as well.” The monk replied, “Kazanna!”

Taking off the prayer beads wrapped around his arm, Miroku opened his wind tunnel in the Inu Ippan's direction. If he could get them close enough for Sango to take a hit, they won't have to risk Kagome getting pulled in.
“Alright, you asked for it.” Inuyasha said blatantly as he raised his sword in the air, wind swirling around his blade. “Kaze no Kizu!” A burst of bright light plunged towards Miroku and Sango.

“Kirara!” Sango yelled as the fire cat veered right, missing them by a second.
Sango let out the breath she had been holding; the Inu Ippan, though only a hanyou was quite powerful. To even get to Kagome, they had to find some way to lose the sword. “Houshi-sama, use your kazanna to pull him in, and I'll use Hiraikostu.”
Nodding, the priest unwrapped his hand and aimed it towards Inuyasha.

“Damn it!” Inuyasha yelled as he started the void began to suck him in. Holding onto Kagome, he speared a nearby tree with tetsuiga and held on. There was no way these humans were going to take what was his away from him.
Hearing a distant sound come near, Inuyasha swung low on the tree, dodging Sango's Hiraikostu. Moments passed in tense battle as Inuyasha lashed out on them, lodging full stride swings, each one more powerful than the next.
“Miroku!” Kagome screamed as Inuyasha's sword cut his shoulder. The smell of blood filled the air as Kirara retreated into the cover of forest trees.

“She's my prisoner of war,” Inuyasha said calmly, his voice loud in the silence,”If you ever try something like this again- I won't spare your lives.” A moment passed before he sheathed his word and started towards the village. He had given the humans a chance, and if they crossed him again- there will be hell to pay.
“We need to save her houshi-sama.” Sango said after Inuyasha and Kagome disappeared from sight.
“I know the person we should ask to help us.”
“Who?”

Miroku stared straight ahead. “Koga.”
***
“Are you telling me that Dog-faced general has Kagome?! “ Koga shouted as his large hands fisted. If a hair on her head was touched by that mutt, he would have his head. How dare someone who was as filthy as a dog-vermin touch the innocent and pure Kagome? Even for Koga, it took him a while to court her. Though, she had a tendency of shooting him down, he knew she would come around….eventually.
“Koga, please rescue Kagome-chan.” Sango pleaded, tears in her eyes. “Who knows what he could be doing with her at this moment! His eyes showed no sign of pity- even when we told him to let her go.”
Angry, the ring of Koga's generals whispered amongst them as Sango cried. How dare anyone lay a finger on their prince's bride-to-be? Did that dog not fear the power of Koga's militia against his own?
“Sango,” Miroku said as he put a hand on her shaking shoulder.
“Is he camping out at Junsuiki?” Kouga asked.
Nodding Miroku squeezed Sango's shoulder in reassurance as he looked to Koga.
“There are about a thousand men, all youkai. They work under Inu no Taisho, Inuyasha's father. I believe they are planning to make Junsuiki their central military fort. There would be no purpose for capturing the village if they didn't. The village is located central, between the north and south where Naraku is also taking land.”
“Who's this `Naraku'?”
“He's a half demon, born from his human heart fusing with youkai. He is taking all southern territory including the provinces of Kaishoyama, Hitoroyama, and Tsukushiyama. There is a war brewing between the two youkais.”
“And we're the ones stuck in the middle?!” Koga shouted, standing and pointed to his men. “Enough. If we're leaving, we're leaving now. I want that fort taken down once we reach Junsuiki. I will not have Kagome in that dog's presence any longer! I will tear him to shreds!”
“Prince Koga, please calm down.” Koga's trusted generals Hakkaku and Ginta stood.
“What of it? I don't want that man touching my woman!”
“If he has 1000 youkai ready to attack,” Ginta started, “Then we have to gather more allies to take down his fort. “
“Yes Prince Koga,” Hakkaku added, “Inu no Taisho and Sesshomaru must be on their way right now to put up walls around the fort. They might bring with them another thousand men. And if that happens, how will we save Kagome with only our 500 militia?”
“They are right Koga,” Miroku said, standing before the prince in his throne. “We have to prepare if we are to take Kagome by force. That Inu Ippan will hit us back with all that he's got.”
Nodding at the sound assurance of support from the people before him, Koga sat back down and leaned forward.
“Let's get to work men.”
***
“Let go of me!” Kagome yelled as Inuyasha threw her into the hut. Barring the door, he leaned his muscle worked body against its heavy frame and eyed her in the darkness. Even now his amber eyes glowed, like two warm lanterns on a cold night, inviting forbidden whispers in the darkness.
“You have pathetic human friends you know?” He asked taking slow and steady sniffs of her scent from his post. He would know this scent anywhere; it was entirely intoxicating. Like a wild flower, over looked and unattended was this woman. She smelled of fresh rain in a meadow of lilies. Beautiful, pure and alive. He had never known any scent like hers. It was a drug that lured him, and he knew that he would never tire of it.
“If you don't like humans that much, then what are you doing with me? Aren't I more pathetic than my friends? Why not just let me go then?” She asked, standing, lifting her chin up in defiance. Even if he plotted to kill her, she would not go down without a fight. Surrendering was not an option.
“That was a stupid trick you played,” he said, smirking, as he started towards her.
“Surely fooled you. If I hadn't fumbled with the bottles then-“
“Then what?” he whispered, stopping directly in front of her.
Kagome froze.
His legs were against hers, her face against his chest. She braced her hands against the wall behind her for balance as she felt his warm breath on her neck. Her heart began to quicken, her breath- uneven and warn. She had never been this close to a man before.
“T-then…I w-would have gotten a-away…” She quietly said, her tongue feeling heavy in her mouth. She felt stupid, unable to say anything harsh or fight against him. She was unsure what her body was doing to her. It was a betrayal of all sorts.
Bracing two hands on the wall behind her head, Inuyasha leaned down close to Kagome's face. Gulping, Kagome kept her chin up and stared ahead at the opposite wall, not daring to look him in the eyes.
“Look at me.” He demanded softly, his fingers, gently cupping her tense chin, turning it towards him.
Her eyes shyly followed.
“Are you scared of me?” He asked, returning his hand beside her head on the wall.
“Of course not,” she scoffed, laughing arrogantly as she bit off, “Who would be scared of a hanyou?”
His mouth twitched.
She struck a nerve.
The air in the room suddenly became dense as tension rose. His eyes somehow became dark, hidden behind his thick silver bangs. His shoulders shook as he chuckled. A low and ghastly sound as the hairs on Kagome's back stood.
“You talk big for someone with a small mouth.” He said, his eyes smoldering as he glared at her.
“Let me show you what you can do with it.”
In a blur of movements, Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's neck and brought her mouth to his.