InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cat and Mouse ❯ Gone ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey everyone, hope you're not mad about the short chapter last time. I'm doing my best and……

Aurora: Obviously it's not enough. You need to work harder! CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

Me: Did you know Moody says that a lot in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?

Kyle: Did you also know that you are totally freaking everyone, including myself, out?

Aurora: Yep, and I'm proud of it! Now Yuzuki, get on with the story. Nobody wants to read us babbling! Get one with the disclaimer!

Me: Getting, geez you're cranky this morning. Well makes sense, It is 6:37 a.m. Like I was saying, before `Rora started yelling at me for delaying, I present you with the disclaimer.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, ok. End of Story!

*

After following Kagura through the lush foliage of the forest that was named after him he came to a small clearing somewhere deep in the heart of the forest. "So you came Inuyasha. I am surprised to see you," Naraku called out, a sinister smile still planted on his face.

"Where is Kagome Naraku? Give her to me. NOW!" Inuyasha demanded.

"First you must pass a small test. It's simple really my dear hanyou. All you have to do is choose."

"Choose," Inuyasha questioned.

"You know what; I think that it would be better if I showed you.

Naraku waved his hand and the small clearing began to split in two. Out from the large crevice in the earth two women appeared bond by thorn ropes. Inuyasha recognized both instantly.

Some how Naraku had been able to captured Kikyo and had tied both Kikyo and Kagome up. At that moment Inuyasha knew what Naraku had meant. He would have to choose which of the women he wanted to live and which women who ultimately ruled in his heart. Every fiber of his being was pointing toward Kagome, but something in his head kept persisting that he pick Kikyo. He tried to ignore the voice but it got stronger. His thought were interrupted by Naraku, "Now Inuyasha I see I don't have to explain it to you. Now choose carefully, wouldn't want to choose the wrong women now would we?"

`I want to pick Kagome, but why is my head telling that's not the right choice.' Inuyasha thought. A loud voice in his head told him, "You really don't want to pick Kagome. You love Kikyo and you know it?" His mind kept yelling `Kikyo' but his heart was a totally different story. Suddenly something in his head snapped and he was placed in a trance. All he could think about was Kikyo.

Softly he uttered her name, "Kikyo." At that moment Kagome woke up. That was the last word her brain could conceive before she simple shut him out. As for Inuyasha, he was automatically brought back to reality. "No. I meant Kagome," he protested.

"No I heard Kikyo. As you wish you may have her." With another wave of his hand the thorn vines disappeared off of both women. Kikyo collapsed to the ground, while Kagome fought to stand.

"Naraku why release both," Kagura asked, her eyes full of confusion.

"You will soon see."

Inuyasha ran over to Kagome and tenderly touched her shoulder. He just wanted to make sure she was real. Not in any of his wildest dreams would he have expected Naraku making a blunder as big as the one he had just made. By releasing them both, Naraku gained nothing, but Inuyasha gained everything. He surveyed Kagome thoroughly before speaking, "Kagome you're badly injured." That was actually an understatement. Kagome's blood flowed freely onto the grass and soaked his hands.

"How very perceptive of you,'" Kagome replied curtly.

"Let's get you to Kaede's hut. She'll help you." Inuyasha made a motion to pick her up, but Kagome resisted.

"Shouldn't you be tending to Kikyo? After all she is the one that you picked! One would think she would be on you're higher priorities list." Kagome said, her voice growing colder with each statement, she continued, "So why are you caring for me? I'm only your shard detector! You never care about me."

Inuyasha said roughly, "Kagome you know that's not true. You… you mean the world to me." He waited for her response to his confession. His keen ears heard her begin to laugh softly. "What's so funny?" he asked.

"If what you say if true then why is it Kikyo that you asked Naraku to release? Why is it you always run to Kikyo? I think it's funny that you can just stand here and lie to me."

Inuyasha tried desperately to hide his distress, alas to no avail. `She doesn't believe me. But, every thing I say is the truth!' "Kagome let's discuss this in the village," he said in a gently voice.

"No! I'm not going anywhere with you," she screamed. Inuyasha moved toward her, but some force threw him back, causing him to hit a tree and fall into unconscious.

"See Kagura of little faith. My plan has come into place." Naraku said. "You see what drove Inuyasha back was the girl's miko energy."

"My energy," Kagome asked. Naraku smiled, the pieces to his plan were all falling into place.

"Oh yes, you have quite a bit of potential. If we were to harness that power you could be great."

"We?"

"Yes, you need me to help you to grasp this tremendous power. Join, me?" Kagome stumbled over to Naraku. He lay out his hand. Gently, Kagome laid her small hand into Naraku larger hand. Naraku began to cackle, "MUHHAHAHA!"

"But first we've got to fix that laugh," Kagome said matter-of -factly.

"What wrong with my laugh?"

"Well first of all…………" while Kagome lectured Naraku transported them to his castle. By the time Inuyasha woke up they were long gone and for the 3rd time in his life, Inuyasha cried.