InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Chained ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: Okay, okay, so this is kind of a different sort of take on the whole “Naraku wins the final battle and everyone’s his prisoner” plot.

And I mean different.

I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen this done before, so it’ll definitely be interesting to see how people react to it.

DISCLAIMER - I don’t own the Inuyasha characters. I thought I did once, but then the doctors adjusted my dosage and I now know differently.   ~*~   Chained

‘Sir.’

Naraku looked up in irritation at the guard who had just come in.

‘Speak.’ He said angrily, wondering why his orders to not be disturbed had been disobeyed.

‘We have her, my lord.’ The guard said. All anger fled him immediately, and he shifted, straightened, in his throne, pleased with his guards for once.

‘Bring her in.’ He said quietly.

The guard bowed and then disappeared out of the room, returning a moment later with another guard, each holding the arms of a young, violently struggling, girl in their powerful grips.

A wave of his hand and the guards threw her to the ground. A manacle there sprung to life and wrapped itself around her ankle, securing her to the floor.

Naraku smiled, satisfied, and then said the the guards ‘You may go.’ They bowed low and slowly backed out of the room, leaving the two alone.

‘Well, well, Kagome, isn’t it?’ Naraku said tauntingly to the girl on the floor, who was slowly struggling up to her hands and knees, her body weak and tired from trying to flee them, trying to fight them. ‘The reincarnation of the priestess Kikyo-- tell me to what do I owe the honour of such a visit?’ He asked, amused as she turned a fierce glare up at him.

‘Save the crap, Naraku!’ Kagome shouted at him, and Naraku raised an eyebrow.

‘Temper, temper. You should try to keep it in better check in the presence of your betters.’

Kagome, completely ignoring what he just said, glared up at him, and viciously snarled out ‘What have you done with Inuyasha?’

Naraku’s other eyebrow moved to join the first as he stared down at the enraged miko. ‘Done? Whatever do you mean? What makes you think I have done anything to him?’

‘Save it Naraku!’ Kagome shouted, her rage and panic growing with every passing moment. ‘I want to know what you did to Inuyasha!’

Naraku smiled evilly. ‘You are stubborn, aren’t you?’ He said, before gently inclining his head. ‘However, you’re stubbornness intrigues me-- I haven’t had any good entertainment in a while. Perhaps I will let you see your precious hanyou.’

Naraku turned his head to the side, and his eyes glowed red for a moment. There was a rumble as the secret door in the wall began to open .

The sound of footsteps and a chain being dragged across the floor as one of his servants lead the hanyou in.

The gasp that escaped the Miko was priceless, and Naraku revelled in it as the free end of the chain was secured to his throne, the other end leading up to the steal collar that lay around the hanyou’s neck.

The half-demon moved until he was right next to the throne while the servant bowed and exited. Naraku waited until the door was closed again, before turning his attention to the hanyou.

‘Sit.’ He said casually, and smiled when the hanyou obediently moved back and sunk to his knees beside the throne, his eyes submissively down as they stared blankly at the opposite wall, not even noticing the girl standing there. No sign of recognition was in them.

‘Inuyasha, what has he done to you?’ Kagome asked, tears filling her eyes and leaking down her cheeks.

The hanyou didn’t respond, didn’t even look at her. It was clear that he had endured a great deal of abuse, his half-naked body was evidence of that, and Kagome could see cuts and whip-scars covering almost the entire of the flesh on the hanyou’s torso. She could see places where he had been burned, and marks on his wrists where cruel bindings had cut into his tender flesh... and it broke her inside.

Naraku raised an eyebrow as his eyes turned back to the distressed miko, and he frowned. ‘You don’t approve of my pet?’ He asked mockingly.

Kagome continued to stare for several seconds at the hanyou, ignoring Naraku, before finally turning her rage-filled eye upon him.

‘Your pet?! He’s not an animal, Naraku! You can’t chain and collar him, beat him into submission treat him as... as a dog!’ She snarled at him, and Naraku smiled.

‘Quite the contrary, I have done all of those things to your precious hanyou.’ He let the smile grow on his lips, his eyes glowing slightly red again. ‘And much more.’

‘Naraku, you evil fucking bastard!’ She shouted, moving closer with each word, as though she thought she might be able to harm the demon.

In a flash Inuyasha was up off the floor, stepping between her and Naraku, ears flat against his head, claws at the ready, his hackles raised in an angry, warning snarl.

Kagome backed away from the half-demon in shock whil Naraku smiled, pleased with his pet.

‘I’m afraid it would not be wise to try that again-- he might bite.’ The demon said, basking in the rage that grew in the girl’s eyes.

‘Why you--’ She started, but Naraku cut her off, his eyes going to the main door.

‘I think that’s enough for today. My pet can only have so much excitement or he gets very fatigued and stressed. Guards, please remove her to her...chambers.’ He said, grinning at the small flicker of fear that entered the girl’s eyes at the mention of her prison.

Kagome struggled as the men grabbed her, the manacle around her ankle finally releasing it’s hold. ‘No! Stop it! Let me go! Inuyasha, please help me!’ She shouted.

‘I’m afraid he can’t hear you.’ Naraku said, smiling even wider, making him look all the more sadistic and evil. Reaching forward, he gently stroke the hair that grew on the top of the hanyou’s head, as if he were a pet. And Inuyasha reacted by leaning in slightly to the touch, though his eyes remained fixed on the girl being dragged away, and he continued to growl.

‘He listens only to my voice, now.’ The Youkai said, taking in the shock and pain in the girl’s eyes before sitting back in his throne again.

‘No!’ Kagome screamed, not being able to bear the sight of her Inuyasha, chained and tamed and behaving as a dog for his nemesis, his very reason for continuing to search out the shards. ‘Get your hands off me!’ She shouted at the guards, struggling, trying to get back to the hanyou, who was still glaring at her, fangs bared, ready to strike. ‘Inuyasha, please help me!’ She shouted as they dragged her out the door, and her voice resounded around the whole room, down the long hallway. ‘Inuyasha! INUYASHA!’

But Inuyasha didn’t hear her. He heard only his master’s voice as he was bidden to once again sit at his side, head down in submission, eyes staring blankly at the opposite wall-- the spirit gone from them.

END