InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Broken ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: No reviews for the last chapters. :(

*sigh* well I didn’t know if the idea would fly with people here anyway (alot of them seem to be a lot more selective and closed-minded about what fics they read).

Anyway, I thought I’d post the second chapter anyway, just to see if it went any better.   ~*~   Broken

He didn’t remember.

Why didn’t he remember?

Inuyasha’s mind spun slightly as he lay curled up on the floor, watching the fire crackle before him, his mind drawing blanks wherever he went.

He couldn’t even remember if there was something to remember.

On the bed above him his master shifted, and Inuyasha knew he was looking down at him. He kept his head submissively down, knowing he would be rewarded for the gesture.

‘You’re mind is restless, my pet.’ Naraku’s voice came down, smooth as silk, caressing him, and Inuyasha’s body shivered slightly, an action he barely kept hidden from his master.

‘Perhaps we should fix that.’

Inuyasha’s eyes widened slightly in fear as the pale, long fingered hand appeared before him holding the small, shimmering shard before his eyes.

Inuyasha couldn’t help it, he cowered against the bed, not knowing why he was so afraid of that object, only knowing that it was somehow connected to pain, and those walls that pressed out everything in his mind-- in their strengthening.

‘Please no...’ His mind begged, though he remained silent. His master did not like it when he talked, yet he always seemed to know what was going through his mind anyway.

‘What do you think, my pet? Should we still the troubled thoughts racing through your mind.’

Inuyasha pressed closer to the bed, the jewel’s tainted black depths glistening with orange in the fire light as Naraku moved the jewel closer to him, almost touching...

A whimper escaped his lips before he could stop it, and Naraku froze, staring down at the cowering hanyou before him, the one he had worked so hard to break, to bend to his will.

The hanyou’s eyes were fixed on the jewel shard, wide and terrified and filled with pain, and Naraku smiled. It had taken weeks, nay, months to finally break the strong-willed hanyou, but the results had been more than worth it.

‘Are you afraid, my pet?’ he asked the half-demon quietly, dangling the jewel with a string of magic in front of the hanyou.

‘You make speak.’ He said quietly, one of the only times he had given such permission to the hanyou. ‘Tell me, are you afraid?’

‘Yes.’ Inuyasha’s voice was weak and trembling, holding none of the old pride or stubbornness or... will that it used to. It was completely broken. Just as he was.

‘Come here.’ He said quietly, drawing the hanyou’s eyes to him. Inuyasha hesitated a moment before slowly, cautiously climbing up onto the bed.

Naraku pulled the half-demon toward him, setting his head in his lap, and stroking the silver strands of hair, around the ears, gently rubbing a spot just behind the ear where he knew the hanyou liked, before combing through the hair with his nails.

The metal collar around his neck got in his way with every stroke, but Naraku did not remove it. It was a reminder to the hanyou, a reminder of exactly who was the master and who was the slave.

‘You don’t need to worry, Inuyasha.’ He said, gently stroking the hair away from the hanyou’s neck. ‘Everything will be alright.’

The world became hazy and Inuyasha’s tortured nerves stood on end, all of them swimming with the sudden pain that shot through him as the jewel shard was slowly slid into the nape of his neck. A low keening sound escaped his lips, the kind an animal might make in childbirth, and his body twitched for a minute, then lay still, silent, save for the slow beating of the hanyou’s heart, his chest rising up and down-- the only part of the hanyou’s body that still had any recollection of the outside world. The only part of him that was still fighting to get it all back. The only part of him that Naraku couldn’t touch.

The youkai smiled as the hanyou’s eyes glazed over and became dull again, the fire flickering red in his golden eyes.

Slowly, he pushed the hanyou off of him, letting his limp body slide to the floor, the chain around his neck rattling dully, the tainted jewel shard glowing bright with evil in the hanyou’s neck.

Naraku looked down at him and his eyes, already illuminated by the fire, glowed and even harsher red as the sight of the unconscious half-demon before him. Once so strong willed, now quiet, submissive, and completely...broken.

Naraku smiled as he tightened his hold ever so slightly on the jewel, making the hanyou’s eyes flicker and the shard glow even brighter, while deep inside the hanyou’s chest, his heart skipped a beat, and then began to thump harshly, determinedly against his chest, Still alive. Still undefeated.

END