InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Alliance ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: Okay, I’d just like to apologise to everyone beforehand for any OOCness in this or future chapters. I didn’t mean to do it! I actually don’t even know how bad the damage is since everybody seems to have a different opinion on whether it is OOC or not, but... Anyway, seriously, it wasn’t a conscious decision, but there’ll likely have to be more of it... *sighs* -.-

Anyway, hope you like the chapter anyway, and yes I do know that some details are a little off, but please just bear with me. It’ll get better! ... I hope... ^_^

-laa_girl - ^_^ Lol, a lot of people have said they like the fic, but I think you’re the first one to say you’re proud of me... ^_^ I’m not entirely sure what I did to make you proud, but I’m not about to complain. -- Of course you love Sess! Don’t we all? -- Love him, want him, can’t have him cause he belongs to Rumiko. >_< Lol ^_^

-inuyasha cute doggy ears - Yep, I updated! Either that, or you’re hallucinating the entire thing... Nope, I updated! ^_^ And apparently it was a very good update considering how much you guys seem to like it ^_^. Lol, do you think that you can stop dancing long enough to read this next chapter, or are you prepared to multi-task? ^_^

Disclaimer - Take a wild guess at what I was going to put here. Come on, I know you can figure it out-- you’re all relatively smart people!   ~*~   Alliance

Amaya sighed in frustration as she soared over the forests that inhabited the western lands.

She had known as soon as she’d entered Lord Sesshomaru’s borders, because the land went from burnt and black to green and thriving.

However, despite the fact that there were traces of life everywhere, there was no sign of the demon lord himself, and she was beginning to get irritated. Twice already she had been attacked by foolish birds and youkai attempting to steal the arm from her, and she was getting quite sick of having no way but her beak and her otherwise occupied claws to defend herself.

‘Dammit. If I do not find him soon, I shall have to leave and come up with a different plan. I cannot afford to fly around wasting time looking for a baka demon lord!’ In truth, she knew that Sesshomaru was no fool. She had never met him personally, but she had heard rumours of him from Kagura. The cast-off of Naraku had revealed little, but Amaya had seen something flicker in the wind sorceress’ eyes, and had known something was up.

Later, when the girl had been training, her mind at it’s weakest state (contrary to popular belief, the weakest point of a mind was not sleep, for then the persons mind was letting it’s subconscious-- the most real part of the person’s mind-- take control. A person’s mind was more dangerous than ever when they slept. But when a person was fighting, they were concentrating on their body, not their mind, and it left it venerable and open to attack.) she had looked into her mind and perceived that the woman had once asked Sesshomaru to help destroy Naraku.

The thought had surprised her, but she had not revealed it to Naraku. She knew that Kagura suffered greatly, and wanted nothing more than her freedom. The fact that she had risked so much and gone to the Taiyoukai for help to escape from Naraku was proof enough of her need.

The sound of something whizzing through the air toward her, and she caught sight of something long -- like a snake-- and glowing violently yellow caught her eyes, and she snapped her wings up, shooting into the air as the thing whizzed past her and chopped off the branches of several trees instead.

Amaya quickly set the arm down on a high branch out of reach and sight of the attacker, and braced herself to fight.

She scanned the forest and caught a flash of silver that even some youkai eyes may have failed to perceive.

Concentrating her power directly in front of her, she shot through the air, the small spirit-shield she had conjured before her streaking purple through the air as she soared toward the demon.

Sesshomaru’s eyes narrowed imperceptibly as he watched the bird soar toward him, certain now that this was no ordinary creature. At first he had been curious, because he had seen the creature-- a tiny speck soaring high above him, carrying something that looked like a limb in it’s talons-- and he had smelled the unique smell upon her that could only be Inuyasha.

Intrigued, Sesshomaru had sniffed again, and discovered other scents laying under his brothers, human and demon alike, but one particularly caught his attention and made his eyes glow slightly red. Naraku.

In a flash he had had his whip out, and sent it flying toward the creature-- but by some strange sense of perception, the creature had heard it coming, and, using a speed no animal should possess, it had shot out of the way before the whip could hit it.

The creature had soared out of sight for a moment, but Sesshomaru could sense it’s presence and knew it was not gone.

Sure enough, a second later the bird was back, shooting toward him with a strange purple light surrounding it.

He waited until the last second, and then easily dodged out of the creature’s path. However, as he moved, the shield about the bird grew, and the force of it grazing against him sent him spiralling backwards and, too stunned to catch himself, into a tree.

Before the youkai lord had time to get up, Amaya transformed while still airborne, knowing that she would not get the chance to if he got up.

As her human self landed as gracefully as a human could on the ground and turned to face the youkai lord, he was again standing, facing her with his passive face, the whip limp at his side in a way that suggested only morbid curiosity was stopping him from killing her right there and then. And, she realised a moment later, it probably was.

‘Konnichiwa, Lord Sesshomaru of the west.’ She said, bowing deeply in a sign of respect she would never display for Naraku, baring her back to the demon and hoping he would not slaughter her in the process. She still had a weak spirit-shield up, but she did not know if it would withstand an attack from such close-quarters.

The Taiyoukai said nothing, and, after a moment, Amaya realised he wasn’t going to. She realised that she would have to do all the talking for the moment with this strangely noble and elegant youkai, and, as she stared at him, she found it slightly hard to believe he and Inuyasha were brothers.

They had the same silver hair and the same yellow eyes, but that was seemingly all the two brothers shared. Sesshomaru was calm, cool, and saw everything and everyone to be beneath him. Inuyasha was hot-tempered and eager to learn, and he held his emotions in his eyes for all the world to see-- if they would only look deep enough. No, the brothers were obvious contradictions to themselves.

‘I come with a proposition for you.’ She said, hoping he might take the bait and talk with her for a moment instead of just slicing her in half.

‘What proposition could a ningen that bears the stench of Naraku have for me?’ He asked. ‘You are not one of his cast-offs like Kagura-- even Naraku would not stoop to make a ningen for his own benefit-- so what are you?’ He said, and it was more than he had wanted to say, but he was curious for the moment, and knew that, even if he had slipped, it was not enough to do serious damage.

‘You are right there, Lord Sesshomaru.’ She said. ‘I am not one of Naraku’s cast-offs, for which I am eternally thankful, but unfortunately Kagura and I share similar circumstances, though I have not come for the same reasons as her. Not entirely anyway.’ When Sesshomaru said nothing, did nothing except to stare, Amaya continued. ‘The demon Naraku has taken many prisoners-- your brother included-- and has many under his rule as his slaves. I have a plan to free them, and overthrow Naraku, but I will be needing your aide.’ She said.

Sesshomaru looked at her impassively, and Amaya mentally sighed, getting seriously annoyed.

‘In exchange’ she said, mentally calling the arm to her. She held her own arms out before her and Sesshomaru’s eyes widened almost imperceptibly as his own arm began to materialize there. ‘I will give you this.’ She said, holding the arm out, then glancing at the current arm he possessed-- which happened to be none.

‘Your brother told me you had some trouble with the others you possessed.’ She said as his eyes remained fixed, still impassive, on the arm in her hands.

Finally, Sesshomaru’s eyes moved up to meet hers, and she could see the very faint tint of red in them, knowing she was treading on dangerous ground, and just wondering how far she had left to go before the ice she walked on would break.

‘What do you want?’ He asked, and Amaya smiled. ‘You are very much to the point, aren’t you, Lord?’ She asked, then added ‘I want you to help battle when the time comes.’ She said. ‘But for now, I simply want you to use your sword’ she indicated what she was pretty certain to be Tenseiga (the guy had two swords!) at his side ‘to help revive someone.’

Sesshomaru was quiet for a moment, then said ‘I see no one with you. Even should I choose to aide you, I cannot use Tenseiga on someone I cannot see.’

‘If you were blind would you still be able to use the sword?’ She asked, further straining the ice, then added ‘I do not have him here. I will bring him to you... that is... if you have agreed to help.’

Sesshomaru coolly at her. ‘I could kill you now, ningen.’ He said, more as a statement in general than a threat. Amaya shrugged. ‘I figure, if you had planned to, you would have done so already.’ She said, acknowledging the fact that he could kill her, if for no other reason than to boost his ego and make him certain he could trust her.

She decided it best not to point out that she could send the arm back into the pearl in the instant it would take him to reach her, and then he would never see it again.

‘Do we have an alliance?’ She asked after a moment, getting slightly irritated at the youkai’s patient way of doing things. There simply wasn’t time for that much consideration right now.

Sesshomaru gave a barely perceptible nod of his head, and Amaya smiled, amazed that her plan had actually worked, and then, using her power, sent the arm flying toward the youkai, who caught it easily in his other arm-- which was quite the strange sight to see, even to Amaya.

When the arm was securely reattached, Sesshomaru looked at her, not even bothering to make sure the arm still worked, and she stared back at him for a moment, before mentally rolling her eyes and bowing low to the youkai.

‘Arigato, Lord Sesshomaru. I should return within the next few days with the boy I wish you to revive.’ She said, feeling more confident around the taiyouaki as the wind began to rise around her. ‘Try not to make yourself too hard to find.’ She said, before her throat constricted and she lost the ability to talk, her body finishing it’s transformation.

She burst from the ground, whipping through the air, while behind her Sesshomaru stared impassively after her, then at his newly attached arm, wondering what in all the seven hells had just happened. ~*~  

Glossary

Youkai - Demon

Baka - Fool, idiot, incompetent

Taiyoukai - Great Demon

Ningen - Human ~*~

A\N: Well? Did I completely total Sess’s character?

And, as I said before, I do remember that he has refused his arm several times, but... well there wasn’t much else I could use to bribe him with. Except Tetsusaiga, and we can hardly give him that now can we? ^_^