InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Grave Mistakes ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: Not much to say right now.

I just updated two other stories, and I’m damn tired.

Think I’ll go collapse for a little while... -.-

-laa_girl - Lol, well that makes me feel better-- at least I’m not the only one. Although my ranting does seem to be contagious anyway... But, since you’ve already got the bug, I guess you’re in no real danger. ^_^ -- I’m glad you enjoy my work so much-- it just makes it that much easier on me to continue and drive me that much more! ^_^ That’s why reviewers are so important! They aren’t the heart of the story, but they are the drive of it... or something like that. ... I have no idea what I’m talking about... ^_^ -- aww, I’m not mistreated. At least, I don’t think I am... wait, am I?

-Lady Orange - It’s really starting to surprise me how many things like that people are saying... From a one-shot to one of the best fanfics... Didn’t see that one coming... And everyone really likes Amaya too, which is weird, cause she was originally supposed to be fairly evil... Just goes to show you how little control I have over this story. ^_^ -- Hm. Amaya stealing Tenseiga from Sesshomaru? Now I hadn’t thought of that before. No, my plan is a bit more simpler and kinda bends away from the characterizations in the anime/manga (though that really can’t be helped-- had to be done or else the story would’ve come to a screeching halt) but it’s still an interesting idea. Although, now that I think about it, I don’t know if that would help her at all... One, she would likely be slashed to ribbons before she could get within two feet of Sesshomaru, and two, though I’m uncertain, don’t you need youkai powers to wield Tenseiga? I mean, it’s hard to determine since the only one too wield Tenseiga is Sesshomaru, but it’s that way with Tetsusaiga, so I just assumed... Well, you never know do you? ^_^ -- I’m glad you think this story is worthy of such praise. It’s really quite phenomenal, since I can’t write worth a damn. Unfortunately, by the time I’ve realised that, it’s far too late, and everybody likes my stories too much! ^_^

Disclaimer - I don’t own the Inuyasha anime characters. I do own the OC as well as the story. The rest goes to Rumiko Takahashi and she’s the only one to make any money off of anything.   ~*~   Grave Mistakes

Amaya flew swiftly and with very little caution toward the temple, bursting through the unlatched windows without pausing to see if Kikyo was there and causing Inuyasha to make a noise of surprise.

‘Amaya!’ He said, his voice instantly loosing all anger as he realised who it was. ‘I’m so glad you’re here, Kikyo--’

‘Inuyasha, I cannot talk now, I did not come here for a visit.’ She said sharply after she transformed, cutting him off. ‘I need to go into the grave.’

Inuyasha froze, staring at her in confusion. ‘What grave?’ He asked, though in his mind he thought he knew.

Amaya glared. ‘This is no time for games, hanyou.’ She said, the first time she had called him that in days. ‘The grave in your right eye where you hold your brother’s arm hostage. I need to go in there and retrieve it.’ Inuyasha gaped at her for a moment, all thoughts of Kikyo completely fleeing him.

‘B-but... why?’ He asked, suddenly unsure of exactly whose side this woman was on if she would want to help Sesshomaru.

Amaya glared. ‘I have my reasons. But without that arm I cannot effectively free all of your friends. We need your brother’s alliance, Inuyasha, and this is the most effective way to get it. Now are you going to let me retrieve it willingly, or am I going to have to force it out of you?’ She asked.

Inuyasha stared at her, wide-eyed (in hindsight, probably not the best expression he could have worn considering it was his eye this woman was after) and then shook his head.

‘No, you don’t have to force me.’ He said, resigning himself to the fact that, one way or the other, she would get what she wanted.

‘Arigato.’ Amaya said, reaching into his right eye while he desperately resisted the urge to clamp them shut, before extracting the small pearl that was his fathers grave and waiting for it to expand before stepping through.

He waited uncomfortably there for a moment for her to return, unconsciously pondering whether or not he should just put the pearl back with her inside. The thoughts fled him, however, when she emerged again, carrying his brother’s arm.

They waited for the pearl to retract, and then she placed it back in his eye, before moving toward the window.

‘Wait!’ Inuyasha said as the wind began to form around her, startled that she was leaving already, and Amaya paused, the wind dying down. ‘What.... I mean, is that it? Is that all you came for?’

Amaya raised an eyebrow. ‘I told you already, Inuyasha, I do not have time to visit right now. I have something that needs to be dealt with immediately. Don’t worry, I will return soon.’ She said, and then the wind rose and she took off into the sky, Sesshomaru’s arm clutched in her talons.

Inuyasha sighed and leaned against the window, unable to suppress the feeling that he’d just made the biggest mistake of his life.