InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Inuyasha's Plan ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Don’t have much to say right now, gotta go do some stuff...

(Bet this chapters gives everyone a bit of a shock! ^_^)   ~*~   Inuyasha’s Plan

Amaya frowned as she listened to Inuyasha talk.

She had been very concerned at his strange behaviour when she had come for the pearl, and had rushed back as soon as she had delivered Kohaku to Sesshomaru. Now, listening to the boy talk, she wasn’t entirely sure if her worry had been misplaced or not.

‘So you are afraid of Kikyo getting to close to you?’ She asked, the frown still in place on her lips.

Inuyasha shook his head, his eyes closed in frustration. ‘I don’t know. I just... I can’t stay here any more. Is there anyway you can get me out of here?’ He asked, opening his eyes again to use them to silently plead with her. She narrowed her own dark eyes at him, the frown deepening further.

‘Inuyasha, it is not as simple as all that. Believe me, I would like to do everything within my power to relieve any fear you may be experiencing, but I cannot simply remove you from Kikyo’s presence like that. It would jeopardize everything that we have worked so hard to achieve.’ At his confused gaze, she continued. ‘If you were to suddenly disappear from here, Kikyo would automatically assume that Naraku was doing something, had done something, and stolen you back from her. She would go to him and attempt to get you back. Such activities would alert Naraku to the fact that you are no longer in her possession, and that someone else has gotten involved. He would tear apart all of Japan to try and figure out who and where and why they took you. I have no place safe enough for you to stay at the moment, so unless you can think of somewhere, I cannot even begin to consider attempts your release from here.’

Inuyasha stared ahead for a moment, then let out a low sigh, glancing toward the window for a moment where another of Kikyo’s storms was pouring down soft flakes of snow when Inuyasha had expressed a strange delight in the soft white flakes. It had been hell for Amaya to fly through, even if it was only a light snowfall.

He turned back toward her, his brow furrowed in confusion again. ‘Where did you take Kohaku then?’ He asked. When she had arrived, she had fully explained to him about why exactly she had taken off with his brother’s arm, and Inuyasha, though more than a little surprised, had agreed in the end that it was probably a good idea: Kohaku had been deep in Naraku’s aide once, and would know things many others would not.

‘I left him with your brother.’ She said, and Inuyasha tensed. Had Amaya suddenly lost her senses?

‘Sesshomaru will kill a ningen as soon as look at it.’ Inuyasha said, voicing his thoughts unconsciously, and Amaya nodded. ‘Indeed, he seemed reluctant to comply, but I can be a very persuasive person when I want to be. Why do you think Naraku keeps me?’

Inuyasha brushed this aside, the beginnings of a plan forming in his mind. He didn’t like his brother-- didn’t hate him with the obvious malice that Sesshomaru seemed to feel for him, but didn’t like him. He had never really been given a choice in the matter: The only time he had ever really known his brother was when his father was still alive, and he had been too young to remember. Then he was suddenly wrenched away with his mother, and Sesshomaru faded away, only to return years later with hate written in his every move and the intent to kill clear upon his face. He had started the bloodfeud, and Inuyasha had been given no choice but to participate in it or die.

‘Well, what if I went with Sesshomaru as well?’ He asked, and Amaya blinked, certain she had heard wrong. ‘I’m sorry?’ She said, for lack of anything else coming to her mind. Inuyasha repeated himself, and this time Amaya found herself staring at him in stunned confusion as the hanyou quickly moved to elaborate. ‘He’s strong enough to protect against Naraku, you must realise that or you wouldn’t have left Kohaku with him, and he’s got castles and houses all throughout the western lands where I can hide until you can come get me that Naraku wouldn’t dare to attack.’

Amaya lowered her eyebrows at him and narrowed her eyes. ‘Why would you want to go with your brother?’ She asked. ‘You two obviously hate each other, even an outside could perceive that, yet you would rather endure his presence-- and rule, since that is what you will be under as long as you are in his domain-- than remain here. Why?’

Inuyasha’s seemed to become slightly sad suddenly, and his ears twitched every so slightly as he stared at her. ‘Because I cannot stay here any longer.’ He said steadily, in a tone that clearly said that, if she left him, he would attempt to escape on his own, even as his eyes silently pleaded with her to help him, because he clearly understood that there was no chance in all the seven hells he would make it out alive (or at least with his mind) with Kikyo here.

Amaya sighed and looked toward the snow covered windows, then back at the pleading hanyou before her.

‘Cursed weakness, I cannot let these fools continue affecting me like this!’ Her mind snarled, even as she felt herself give in. She sighed and cursed violently in her head, before turning toward Inuyasha again.

‘Alright, let’s see what I can’t do.’ She said, silently cursing at the warmth that filled her at the sight of the hanyou’s face lighting up in one of his rare smiles.

‘But I shall have to see if I can’t break or at least rip this barrier first.’ She said, getting up and moving toward the window, cursing the snow as it poured in sheets that evaporated before they even touched the ground outside.

‘Stay here, and do not do anything out of the ordinary if Kikyo returns.’ She said firmly, one foot on the ledge, her body bent to fit through the thing (she swore it was getting shorter) before she transformed and sword off toward the barrier, Inuyasha rushing to the window to watch as his only chance at freedom, his only hope of ever seeing anyone again, soared off into the snowy night.

He glanced up at the moon, which was nearing the end of it’s last stage, which his mind was telling him was very important for him to take note of, and then back toward where the bird had disappeared.

‘Please hurry, Amaya.’ He thought as he tensed as he heard and smelled one of Kikyo’s soul collectors soar by outside the door. ‘Please hurry.’

END ~*~  

Glossary

Ningen - Human

Hanyou - Half-Demon