InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Kikyo and Naraku ( Chapter 46 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
 

A\N: Okay, so, once again I am curious, so once again I’m gonna ask you guys. Feel free to ignore me if you like. I just want to know, which of the Inuyasha movies is your fav? One, two, three or (if you’ve seen it) four?

There’s no real point behind this question other than that I am curious, and have never been one to ignore my curiosity. ^_^

(BTW -- This chapter would probably fit in better between the last two chapters, but I didn’t think of writing it until now, so...)

-elencala - Lol, the moment you’ve been waiting for? What moment is that? The battle? The reunion? Lol, well whichever, I sitll think they’re a little ways off, but hopefully still close enough that you can stand to wait for them, neh? ^_^   ~*~   Kikyo and Naraku

Kikyo landed hastily but still with grace, letting the soul collectors release her body as she moved silently through the weaving passages of Naraku’s castle.

She did not have youkai senses and so had not know how long Inuyasha had been missing-- only that he was indeed gone. And, though she knew not how he had done it, she knew of only one person capable of breaking through her barrier at this point in time. One person who had enough desire to do so.

But when she had sent her servants here to find Inuyasha again, they had been unable to locate the hanyou, therefore Kikyo had come to the conclusion that Naraku had hidden him away to try and lure her out.

And she had decided to take the bait.

She paused outside the sliding door of one room as she was overcome by a particularly powerful demonic aura, and she reached her hand up and pulled aside the door, revealing the dark room and the nearly complete Shikon no Tama.

It was black, with a faint purple aura around it, and several small shards were missing, but they were clearly not missed by Naraku-- he obviously knew where each and every one of them were and was not concerned at the moment with getting them back.

‘Ah, Kikyo. I wondered when you would come.’ Naraku said quietly, his crimson eyes moving toward her as she stared coldly down at him.

‘Do you spend all your time wondering when and where I will next show myself to you?’ She asked taking another step into the room, purifying the barrier set up all around and throughout the castle to keep intruders like her out. She gave a small, humourless smirk. ‘Your barriers are easy enough to break, as they were when my servants first came for Inuyasha. Have you not been trying to keep me out?’ She asked, as Naraku continued to watch her with something akin to loathing. But now something new flickered there, something too fast for her to catch.

‘And why are you here again, Kikyo? You have your “beloved” with you now, and I had not thought one such as yourself would stoop so low as to gloat.’ Kikyo’s eyes narrowed slightly.

‘Save your games, Naraku, I care very little for them.’ Naraku stared at her and raised a dark eyebrow.

‘Games? Kikyo, what makes you think I would play games with you?’ Kikyo narrowed her eyes.

‘You know of what it is I speak, Naraku, so do not pretend that you do not.’ Naraku continued staring at her with an expression of morbid curiosity on his face, and her own eyes narrowed further. ‘Where is Inuyasha, Naraku?’

Naraku blinked at her words, and then took a moment to absorb them. So Kikyo had lost Inuyasha had she? And she thought that he had him... A smirk spread across Naraku’s lip at the thought-- this would certainly be a good way to manipulate the priestess.

Kikyo’s eyes narrowed slightly as she watched Naraku’s reaction. She had seen the flash of surprise in the half-demon’s eyes when she had asked where Inuyasha was, and now, seeing the other emotions play on his face, it led her to only one conclusion: Naraku did not have Inuyasha.

‘So’ she said, breaking the hanyou out of his silent reverie and drawing his crimson eyes back to her face as she smirked down at him. ‘You do not know where he is either.’ Naraku’s face darkened slightly at her words, and he did not even bother to deny them. Kikyo was strong and very keen, she would not be manipulated by mere words alone and would not come to believe anything he said now concerning Inuyasha’s whereabouts. It would do no good to try and lie to her, yet neither would it do any good to tell the truth, so he simply remained silent, waiting for her to talk.

‘That’s bad for you, indeed, Naraku. If I remember correctly, he had three jewel shards in his neck. And now he’s with someone else. Do you think that you’ll ever get them back? Do you think you’ll ever get him back?’

‘Do you think you will?’ Naraku countered, and Kikyo faltered slightly as the half-demon stared calmly up at her. ‘You surely must be able to feel it-- the half-breed does not love you anymore. Tell me, when you embrace him, does he cringe from your touch? From the coldness of your skin?’ He smirked as Kikyo’s own face took its turn to darken, and then said, in an almost conspiratorial way ‘he does not love you, and he will not willingly go back to you. The effects of the memory charm I place upon him will weaken with distance. For all we know he could well be more than three hundred leagues from here-- at that distance the spell will likely have completely broken. Do you think that, when he remembers all that has happened, he will ever want to live with you or love you?’

Kikyo straightened slightly and smirked. ‘You are not as cunning as you seem to think, Naraku. I do not want Inuyasha to forget, and neither do I want him to live. I want him to remember me in time, in a way of my choosing, and when he does, then I will take him down to hell with me so we can truly be together at last.’

Naraku raised an eyebrow, but Kikyo continued talking. ‘And since you do not have him here, you are, once again, of absolutely no use to me, Naraku.’ She said, walking swiftly toward the door. ‘And, in all your carefully cunning words, you forgot one thing.’ And at this she offered him a smirk over her shoulder. ‘You also have no idea where he is. And he will not return to you either.’

And then, as quickly as she had come, the miko was gone, disappearing down the halls as Naraku stared back at her. But his face was not the dark mask it should have been at her words. It was cold, yes, but there was an almost arrogant sort of fire burning in the hanyou’s eyes as he watched the soul collectors soar about through the window.

‘And you forget one thing, Kikyo.’ He thought as he watched them swoop down to wrap around the red, white and black figure that was the priestess. ‘A person may follow another into the depths of hell, but they cannot share it with them.’ A small smirk spread across his lips. ‘Whether you convince your hanyou to go into hell with you or not does not matter. Either way, the two of you will never again be together.’

END ~*~  

A\N: Well, I don’t know how to handle the interactions between these two very well, so I hope they weren’t too OOC. Quite personally, I don’t really care if I ruined Kikyo’s character, but I don’t want to mess up Naraku’s. I don’t know why, but I kinda like him. Wouldn‘t want to screw up our fav hanyou villain now would I? ^_^