InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Air ❯ Shooting Star ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

-----------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Air. Originally posted August 27, 2011

Title: Shooting Star
By Air #4 Stargazing
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Romance
Universe: Post Canon
Word Count: 240
Summary: An amazing view of the stars helps Inuyasha decide what to say.
Warnings: None
-------------------------------


Kagome was content to simply remain in Inuyasha's lap, his arms wrapped securely around her, for the rest of the night. A flash of light caught her eye and she shifted her head slightly. She hadn't realized it before but the hill they were situated atop of gave them a breathtaking view of the stars. It was the perfect place to stargaze, as if they were floating among the stars themselves. With Inuyasha at her side and the amazing view in front of them, she would have been happy to remain as they were for all of eternity.

There was another flash of light and she realized what had drawn her attention. “Look Inuyasha!” she pointed. “A shooting star!”

Inuyasha raised his own head from where he had been watching the look of awe and wonder cross her face to gaze where her finger was pointing. Sure enough a light was streaking across the sky. “Keh.”Kagome turned slightly in his embrace so that she could grin at him. “Well go on, make a wish,” she urged him playfully.

Inuyasha stiffened at her words. Make a wish? For what? What did he need to make a wish for when he had everything he had ever wanted, ever needed, right here in his arms? He saw the look of confusion cross her face and finally found the words he had been searching for since leaving Kaede's hut.



Converting /tmp/phpADbzep to /dev/stdout