InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Air ❯ Softly ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

----------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Air. Originally posted August 27, 2011.

Title: Softly
By Air #6 Whisper
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Romance
Universe: Post Canon
Word Count: 218
Summary: An important question.
Warnings: None
----------------------------------


The kiss was over all too soon. Inuyasha pulled back and stared into her shocked but happy face. His own face softened in response to the look he saw there. “Kagome,” he started, his voice as soft and low as a whisper. “Why did you come back?” He thought he knew, hoped but he needed to hear her say it. Only then would he finally have the courage to say what needed to be said.

Kagome blinked at him, his question causing her to frown. “What do you mean? Don't you know?”

Voice still a whisper he said “Yes, but I need you to say it. Please.”

Something in his words, in his voice, convinced her. Her voice was just as soft as his when she answered. “I just couldn't stay away any longer. I wanted, no, I needed to see you, to be with you.” Saying the words was freeing, she felt lighter and she could see that the words had had a similar effect on Inuyasha. She watched as his face lit up at her words, then his arms tightened around her, pulling her closer against his chest as he held her tightly against himself. It felt as if he never wanted to release her, and she didn't want him to.



Converting /tmp/phpoNkycW to /dev/stdout